SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Archived - 2009] PK Official- Questions for Newbie

zero_degrees

tuning will affect your fuel efficiency and throttle response...so no it is not just for performance bikes, unless you believe that non-performance bikes can run on crappy FC and lousy throttle response.

agree.

I was reading the common svc manual, but it was not explained... Does the pilot screw control air, or fuel. seems that it blocks the slow jet. Man its never easy to understand technicallities.

my spark plug suggests a mildly rich condition, but my exhaust is like farting especially when main jet comes into play. Maybe change the air filter at next EO change see how.

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

no, that's when you're riding slow.. remember, don't road hog like tanarthur.. :cheeky:

I never was fast on a phantom.Never could.Even chasing other phantoms I still have problems :sian:

I almost died while riding slow a couple of occasions.You'll experience some of what I did if you're "lucky"

anyway we're :offtopic:

Is there any of those alarm locks for phantom? I dunno what it is called... my fren RXZ have one... lock onto tires den will sound when bike is being shake.. I dunno for phantom have anot... thanks in advance!

Class 2B - 23 Nov 2007

Class 2A - 24 Mar 2009

Class 2 - 19 Oct 2010

Class 3 - 20 Jul 2011

lock onto tyres? i believe its for your disc, disk lock w/alarm.Available in Mass order section or sth.Do look around ;)

thanks dude...

Class 2B - 23 Nov 2007

Class 2A - 24 Mar 2009

Class 2 - 19 Oct 2010

Class 3 - 20 Jul 2011

I never was fast on a phantom.Never could.Even chasing other phantoms I still have problems :sian:

hey we were going at 80 on meter when i 1st met you, remember? when my old bike's speedo was screwed.. :p

http://www.weather.gov.sg/wip/pp/rndops/web/ship/gif/rad70.gif

I almost died while riding slow a couple of occasions.You'll experience some of what I did if you're "lucky"

anyway we're :offtopic:

i agree. Running in at 70kmh, almost killed me when the bloody MPV / Taxi think they damn skinny want to same lane overtake just because i slightly left skewed on CTE. I dun get it, why do they love the left lane when there are bloody 4 to use. Tailgate, highbeam.......... my P Plate and reflective stickers so prominent somemore, NCD too high already ah??? Lane 1 is moving like 130kmh at least coz they zoom past like rushing to reincarnate.

i know its off topic, but just want to share w the rest, take a lot of care when u r running in. I have roughly 5 days left and i'll chiong 100kmh CTE and avoid the left lane at all costs. Since when the left lane become danger zone... :giddy:

thanks dude...

my pleasure :]

hey we were going at 80 on meter when i 1st met you, remember? when my old bike's speedo was screwed.. :p

well you call that fast? I travel at 100+ at times in my neighbourhood :rolleyes: and of course I know what I'm doing and the risks involved so KIDS don't try this.

i agree. Running in at 70kmh, almost killed me when the bloody MPV / Taxi think they damn skinny want to same lane overtake just because i slightly left skewed on CTE. I dun get it, why do they love the left lane when there are bloody 4 to use. Tailgate, highbeam.......... my P Plate and reflective stickers so prominent somemore, NCD too high already ah???

keep left, if you don't look out for POTENTIAL hazards that might affect you then its your own fault.Simple as that my friend.Don't bother if you're on the extreme left and they kacau you.Maybe its just your bike sth wrong they trying to info you or what.Other than that don't bother.

Lane 1 is moving like 130kmh at least coz they zoom past like rushing to reincarnate.

don't bother about others on lane 1, to me sometimes lane 4 is my lane 1 depending on how you do it ;)

you can not heed what i'm saying, its jB's theory.

i know its off topic, but just want to share w the rest, take a lot of care when u r running in. I have roughly 5 days left and i'll chiong 100kmh CTE and avoid the left lane at all costs. Since when the left lane become danger zone... :giddy:

no need to chiong, take it easy.Left lane was never dangerous.Just like riding, the only danger is rider himself.You don't check blindspot etc, your own fault.Riders should take the initiative more than drivers.

PS: I don't like ppl saying riding is human wrap metal and driving metal wrap human cuz its a stupid logic.

cheers.

Hi guys thanks for e prompt reply..

ok, this is my suggestion based on your info.

1. Check s/plug and air filter, replace if necessary.

plug was changed, guess i will go for e filter next.. kinda of browish when i inspected in e morn.. n notice some oil residue at e brim of filter compartment

2. Service your carb. and change the neccessary seal and gasket.( There's posibility that your carb. jet and C.O. adjuster (air mixture screw) is dirty with green sludge. So it need to be properly cleaned

Guess Dr. Chong expertise r require

3. Tune it up, ride for couple of days and get it re-tuned.

Left side where i notice there's a flat slot for adjusment, rite?

have fun :D

If the problem is the idle is horrible, maybe the slow jet is clogged. he didn't mention poor performance when trying to accl, so i presume the main jet is fine.

Since i m new to this bike i dun really feel a diff or lack of performance when accl but it does roar as mention when reaching 100km/hr

Air filter, unless K & N or whatever aftermarket filter, cannot wash, must replace.

:cheeky: Guess i cant differential whats e "chong" n original ones.. guess to change it soon n as mentioned in e above

i think he did mention plugs were changed.

If you are not in a hurry, or the bike performs ok for now, try Pumping 3-4 full tanks of Caltex. For phantom 1 full tank takes u abt 300km. Maybe its just placebo, but my bike felt smoother after 4 full tanks of Caltex, then went back to Shell. i read somewhere that you need at least 1000km of techron to get the benefits of the cleaning. Same price, free cleaning, try lor?

ps: with the info provided, my gut feeling is, change air filter, ask the mechanic to tune, and pump caltex for a while. always start w e cheapest.

Noted with plenty thanks, will 1st get e filter change next wk when i m free. Also, dropping by planet to hv my brake fluid top up as i cant differential whether its dot 3/4 n dun dare to mix. Somehow, was wondering whether my gear 6 is also chui as what happened to norman last time. But maybe that was b'cos i too long nv ride.. n fyi my 1st bike was a scooter or perhaps was e boots i m wearing.. need more time to confirm..:angel:

oh, i think it's going off topic in here. but anyway, let me add 1 more point

few days ago there was this freaking van moving at least 20-30kmph faster than me. i was in the centre lane. but somehow,i tink the 'wind' kinna blew me off to the left , and when i try th get back.

the van was moving so freaking fast and never thought about stopping he just went all the way. i had to push my bike to the left to let him pass.

and yep, he continue speeding all the way.

Sorry i bring up 'old' topic, never really solved yet.

Is there any of those alarm locks for phantom? I dunno what it is called... my fren RXZ have one... lock onto tires den will sound when bike is being shake.. I dunno for phantom have anot... thanks in advance!

lock onto tyres? i believe its for your disc, disk lock w/alarm.Available in Mass order section or sth.Do look around ;)

It's disc lock with alarm. You can get it from shops around Kelantan Lane, like LAB. Used to be quite new and rare so brothers here only MO-ed them.

Note that it's alarm is really soft though, and the sensitivity is really poor.

I have the best signature.

my spark plug suggests a mildly rich condition, but my exhaust is like farting especially when main jet comes into play. Maybe change the air filter at next EO change see how.

Rich + little backfires tallies. Tune to make it leaner.

its ok, slow riders live longer :cheeky:

All the riders I've known who passed away were all under the classification of 'slow riders'. In SG roads, you need power to assert your right of way, and get out of trouble fast.

Postman Eating Inc*

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a208/murano04sfs/38y29ty14.gif

http://4gifs.com/gallery/d/155006-1/Mascot_scares_girl.gif

Squid defination: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=squid

If engine , i believe so yes.

If coming from handle, then no.(maybe tyre uneven wear or nail or air not enough, etc. etc.)

oh crap... yeap its in the handles. They are fine vibrations but are there so much so when i hit 90 my mirrors see blur...

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4109/4974036153_c36bbcded6.jpg

Life isn't all about one's self...

It's disc lock with alarm. You can get it from shops around Kelantan Lane, like LAB. Used to be quite new and rare so brothers here only MO-ed them.

Note that it's alarm is really soft though, and the sensitivity is really poor.

remember jB said "good things not cheap, cheap things not good"

jB :]

All the riders I've known who passed away were all under the classification of 'slow riders'. In SG roads, you need power to assert your right of way, and get out of trouble fast.

I wonder why are the "typical" Singaporeans still saying slow = lives longer still :sian: perhaps their thinking is still too slow to realise it.

oh crap... yeap its in the handles. They are fine vibrations but are there so much so when i hit 90 my mirrors see blur...

Are you using stock balancers? could be because your mirrors are non-stock too.Stock mirrors(big rectangular bulky ones) are very good at absorbing vibrations because of the rubber around the mirror(i think) and therefore vibrations are taken away from the view in the reflection.Take note its to an extent only.Rest of it, use your head to turn and check.

mind sharing where it sounds to be from? sound emits while you pull or after you pull? know the effects of wd40 before you do use it for anything ;)

the sound was emitted when i pull the clutch. U noe the way the old door hinge sounds like eeeeeeekkkk.... hahah! sumting like tat lah... i hope the cable not gng to snap soon hahah!

WD40. Spray every surface u can see, every hinge u can reach, exercise your fingers a good 10 mins. :p

Rich + little backfires tallies. Tune to make it leaner.

cool. I guess too rich liao, tml give it a twist. Maybe the filter getting clogged so less air more fuel = richer by the day. Blame it on the humidity these days w rains everyday.

I agree. Now i understand why my friends insist u need cls 2a to ride safe in SG. U need the torque to siam the kuku drivers who filter before signal, filter without checking when got taxi in front stop, cannot decide which lane so hog both lane.........

I dun get it, what's so difficult about turning the steering 1 inch to change lane, and 1 inch to filter back? If u dun 1 to signal, then dun.... dun signal is better than same lane overtake and risk colliding w a bike. impact at 70kmh is no joke. There are many luxury car owners who do a proper overtake w/o signal, i silently thank them for their consideration.

Is it normal to have a lot of vibrations when going 90-100km/h?

for Ta200, the engine sure roar and vibrate. get used to it.

But the mirror should be still very visible. U can try to "hand-less" ride for a while at 90. If it doesn't perform like a good bicycle, go to motordiam and highlight the problem them. Possibililties are steering cone, bearing, etc etc.

If its like my friend who describe his phantom to be a massage chair.... Please visit a motordiam ASAP. U wun want to wobble when u r traffic splitting...

Hi guys thanks for e prompt reply..

Noted with plenty thanks, will 1st get e filter change next wk when i m free. Also, dropping by planet to hv my brake fluid top up as i cant differential whether its dot 3/4 n dun dare to mix. Somehow, was wondering whether my gear 6 is also chui as what happened to norman last time. But maybe that was b'cos i too long nv ride.. n fyi my 1st bike was a scooter or perhaps was e boots i m wearing.. need more time to confirm..:angel:

excellent, you used my best buddy "search". congrats to the google of SBF! ok la i admit the search is kinda crappy.

How to know if your gear is chui, u listen to gear 1, gear 2 (seldom spoil), gear 3......... sound roughly the same.... then when u reach the problem gear, wah lau like got stones in the gearbox! that's called chui. :cool:

Guest @h_püi™

Metalfyre bro,

since you got knowleadge in carb tuning.. you know to have good FC is to turn in or turn out of the jet screw?

air over fuel or fuel over air ratio? thanks

well you call that fast? I travel at 100+ at times in my neighbourhood :rolleyes: and of course I know what I'm doing and the risks involved so KIDS don't try this.

no need to chiong, take it easy.Left lane was never dangerous.Just like riding, the only danger is rider himself.You don't check blindspot etc, your own fault.Riders should take the initiative more than drivers.

PS: I don't like ppl saying riding is human wrap metal and driving metal wrap human cuz its a stupid logic.

cheers.

lol.. :eek:

we should ALL be considerate to each other. that would solve it. but it'll take a hundred YEARS!

oh, i think it's going off topic in here. but anyway, let me add 1 more point

few days ago there was this freaking van moving at least 20-30kmph faster than me. i was in the centre lane. but somehow,i tink the 'wind' kinna blew me off to the left , and when i try th get back.

the van was moving so freaking fast and never thought about stopping he just went all the way. i had to push my bike to the left to let him pass.

and yep, he continue speeding all the way.

huh????? i catch no ball...

yea i find that i lack power too.. but power comes with worse FC.. :(

could be mirror problem, could be balancer.. hard to determine..

http://www.weather.gov.sg/wip/pp/rndops/web/ship/gif/rad70.gif