SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Archived - 2009] PK Official- Questions for Newbie

zero_degrees

Hello all phantom knights,

Got one question, i heard keep saying our phantom 200 engine oil will dry up.... so what actually does tis mean ? I currently just bought a phantom not sure what is the maintance shedule is like, So if i change the engine oil every 2000 km is it safe?

What are the other common maintance need to be done for every month, 3 month, 6 month or 12 month ?

Need guidence on my phantom maintance programme

Thanks

The engine oil wont dry up ....what you are refering to is evaparation of oil out of the engine breather tube...

Simple explanation...as oil gets hot it cooks and some turns to vapour.. as your piston goes up you get compression in the barrel when its going down you get pressure in the crankcase which forces that vapour out the breather tube otherwise your crank cases would explode because of the air pressure.

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

if getting 2nd hand from bike shop, most likely the bike shop will "pao ka liao" whole package for u... if from private owner, then u need to get the bike specs (reg date, capacity, etc) to insurance company for a quote...

:offtopic: btw, ur alarm wire up liao bui?

ya, send to planet to fix it. take him 2 hr just to firgure out. and charge 40 dollar, lucky i didnt try. anyway, so i need to purchase another insurance ar. i cant get any discount. the vespa i buying from the private selling is px200 1984. coe till 2014. i getting it at 1500. i though of having 2 bike. vespa to keep. haha

so how is the insurance. do 1 need to pay abt 500 plus again, or i can just the phantom insurance.

You will need a 2nd insurance, never heard of being able to use 1 insurance for 2 different types of bikes.

Come to think of it never heard of being able to use 1 insurance for 2 bikes even if they are of the same model, same year. So you know lah...

Motorcyclist are the nicest people on the road, try not to kill us.

You will need a 2nd insurance, never heard of being able to use 1 insurance for 2 different types of bikes.

Come to think of it never heard of being able to use 1 insurance for 2 bikes even if they are of the same model, same year. So you know lah...

thx man, haha, i was out for 1 month for exam, friday was my last paper, haha, and the DIY, alamak, i just did hazard light with replay and did horn with givi 21 from LAB, if not i go with u guys, but i can come along, however why there is no date ar?

:offtopic: if my bike no battery, what to do. push start is the only way for it. or any other method.

jump start bike with another vehicle..

come over and i can recharge the ..battery for u:goodluck:

Never argue with an idiot. They'll bring you down to their level and beat you with experience every time:dot:

My rear brake squeals when it's raining... sounds like I'm riding a bicycle instead. It's fine when it's dry. My rear brake pad was changed few months ago and the rear disc a month ago. Any idea what could be wrong?

You will have to replace the pads again to get rid of the squeal or wait until they wear in to the new disc ....your pads contact surface will have shaped themselves to the original disc any ridges etc in its surface and now they have high and low spots thats why you get the squeal.

The engine oil wont dry up ....what you are refering to is evaparation of oil out of the engine breather tube...

Simple explanation...as oil gets hot it cooks and some turns to vapour.. as your piston goes up you get compression in the barrel when its going down you get pressure in the crankcase which forces that vapour out the breather tube otherwise your crank cases would explode because of the air pressure.

oh issit? cos i onli heard old phantoms haf this prb... does new phantoms haf this prb too? asked my mech abt it he say is piston prb leh...

Hi all!

Is it expensive to replace the light bulb(s) that light up the speedometer?

Is it easy to install or should I just leave it to the mechanics at the motortiam?

i think mine died on me sometime yesterday...noticed the speedometer was not lit on my way back home from work. :(

oh issit? cos i onli heard old phantoms haf this prb... does new phantoms haf this prb too? asked my mech abt it he say is piston prb leh...

piston prb? due to wear and tear at the piston/ring perhaps?

Hi all!

Is it expensive to replace the light bulb(s) that light up the speedometer?

Is it easy to install or should I just leave it to the mechanics at the motortiam?

i think mine died on me sometime yesterday...noticed the speedometer was not lit on my way back home from work. :(

cheap, few bucks to get it. Easy to remove with 2 screws on your tank and replace the bulb or with LED. stock or white would be recommended :thumb:

I'm using blue.

Rear brake squeaking might be the rear brake pump needs servicing. Mine was like that too last time. When i changed my brake pads, the mech recommended me to service the brake pump too. He took out everything, cleaned the parts and used 3 new o-rings. Now my rear brakes working fine, no squeaks and also the tactile feeling is back.

I want to see the world and i'm pretty sure the world wants to show a little something to me.

I think u meant "how can i renew my road tax".

Go to the insurance office or agency and extend the insurance to match your road tax renewal date. You'll need to pay off the little difference for your coverage of the extended dates. Once done, proceed with Road Tax renewal :)

I have the best signature.

hihi need help time to renew road tax but insurance covcer not enough den how can i renew my insurance?

how many months are u short? many options avail.

for my case, my old insurance (Nov) was 3 mths longer than road tax (Aug). did not want to continue with old insurer. took up a 9 mth insurance with new insurer. they will also acknowledge the 9 mth for NCD calculation if i renew the following year...

I assume that you need be doing inspection for your bike too?

Correct procedure is :

- Inspect bike (Pass)

- Renew Insurance

- Renew roadtax

On your situation, we will skip the inspection part,

You have to renew your insurance before you can renew roadtax.

I just did mine at NTUC. Just go there and tell them this issue and they will renew the insurance and road tax for you.

I am not so sure about other company though.

hi guys just to check with u guys whether phantom switching to lower gears is hard during stationary and when i try accelerate from junction it always seem to sound like over rev but speed not there, is it normal?

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=77956&d=1224144141

Not a piston problem ...when the motor gets worn usually around 50 000k and the rings need redoing you burn oil ...which means your engine starts to smoke because the oil can get through to the top of the piston and you are burning oil a bit like a two stroke.