SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

CBR150R Riders, Join us now!

paiseh

• Replies 34.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• collectees

• limbat

• Kenneth.C

• ozzarhomb

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

sorry bro, i dun really get u.. are u trying to say at the right most of the chain where the sprocket is, when i can pull the chain right-wards-->> then it means too loose?

if i can pull it right-wards, wun it like be near of dropping out liao??

and also, ur last paragraph, u mentioned ard 20k to do what? u mean adjust or change the whole chain ah??

ya free de at ur friendly bike shop. :smile:

a tell-tale sign that u'll have to change ur chain will be when u can see the groove of ur sprocket when u pull at it right from the right most end of your chain. i.e. where the rear sprocket and chain makes a horizontal U. hee hope not too confusing. :cheeky:

safe estimate for this bike should be at least 20k. i changed mine at 25k i think and the chain actually was still in very fantastic condition, just that my hands itchy for the "gold" chain

i went to tighten my chain today liao.. i saw how he tighten it..

actually dun need any special tools for it.. cos i saw on "hands on" thread about adjusting chain..

maybe some bikes need lah.. but not ours..

what the mechanic do is actually:

1. loosen the nut which holds the rear sprocket to the swing arm..

2. at the end of the swingarm, theres 2 smaller nuts.. unscrew them further outwards (which means backwards lah)

3. then sort of "push" the whole wheel backwards (become like the the whole rear sprocket + wheel further backwards) such that the chain in a way gets tighter

4. tighten back all the nuts

then its done...

actually dun need any special tools for it.. cos i saw on "hands on" thread about adjusting chain..

2. at the end of the swingarm, theres 2 smaller nuts.. unscrew them further outwards (which means backwards lah)

3. then sort of "push" the whole wheel backwards (become like the the whole rear sprocket + wheel further backwards) such that the chain in a way gets tighter

then its done...

yah. u r right. basically, u turn the 2 smaller nuts at both ends of the swingarm in clockwise direction to push the entire rear wheel further behind so that the chain 'tightens'.

if u happen to overtighten the 2 nuts, just turn them back anti-clockwise and hit the rear wheel frontwards abit. :)

=[ Honda CBR150R ]=

....=[ R E P S O L ]=....

correcto, meaning to say at the right most end where the chain actually surrounds the rear sprocket, if u pull it and u can see the groove of ur sprocket from where u pull, ur chain cannot make it liao. time for change.

i meant i did a check on my chain and sprocket at 20k, it was still good to go. actually, my 1st set of chain and sprockets (the stock ones) lasted a good 2 years without tightening at all. when i replaced my chain and sprocket as a set, it was more for the sake of changing it rather than the need to change it.

UPZ for stock chain and sprockets!! :cheer:

sorry bro, i dun really get u.. are u trying to say at the right most of the chain where the sprocket is, when i can pull the chain right-wards-->> then it means too loose?

if i can pull it right-wards, wun it like be near of dropping out liao??

and also, ur last paragraph, u mentioned ard 20k to do what? u mean adjust or change the whole chain ah??

Resolution for 2009, stay healthy, get wealthy, make more friends, ride safely & pass all exams!

then its done...

yup no need special tools from what i remember, cuz the crucial part is to actually tighten the axle such that the wheel will be aligned with the frame and our swingarm actually has a little gauge for u to measure how far u tighten on both sides of the swingarm. hope this helps. :smile:

Resolution for 2009, stay healthy, get wealthy, make more friends, ride safely & pass all exams!

then its done...

its the 'pushing' part i'm not confident about. because the wheel is sitting on the ground i would want to hammer it, but i don't have such a big hammer.

if use jack to push off ground might be a bit easier, but i scared to DIY wheel and brake stuff.

Got such thing as half a boxer meh? Boxer means boxer la... haha, one less racer in our group.

Post some pics pls of the bike with rear hugger. Sure looks nice :thumb:

cos got the box dont have the rack yet so half done when will it be yr turn shall we left wandi the only one without the box haha

that's the one i told u guys sometimes back. he's from my school de. i've seen it. trust me, it looks rather good actually.

at least to me, it looks better than having a top box. but whether how much it affects the bike in terms i handling and FC i won't know. :smile: