SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

CBR150R Riders, Join us now!

paiseh

• Replies 34.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• collectees

• limbat

• Kenneth.C

• ozzarhomb

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hello guys, i just went to spray my rims today at the uncle's shop.

the process is something like white paint + touch up of white paint + fluorescent orange + touch up of fluorescent orange + lacquer + touch up of lacquer.

the whole process took me 3 hours at night with the help of spotlight, could be faster though.

it costs me 60 ringgit although i did bargained to 55 ringgit but i just gave another additional 5 ringgits considering like the meticulous effort they put in.

initially the young boss quoted me 50 ringgit but the uncle said 60 :( so never mind not much difference anyways.

what they did was they had a masking tape layer over the circumference of the tyres first, following that they wrap newspaper around it to cover the whole tyres. (they took out the wheels but not the tyres)

if there's a chance, i'll upload my rims some day when i had the time.

http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w274/kifakw/08-04-08_02-01.jpg

Regards,

kifakw

Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car

and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car.

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall,

torque is how far you take the wall with you.

hello guys, i just went to spray my rims today at the uncle's shop.

the process is something like white paint + touch up of white paint + fluorescent orange + touch up of fluorescent orange + lacquer + touch up of lacquer.

the whole process took me 3 hours at night with the help of spotlight, could be faster though.

it costs me 60 ringgit although i did bargained to 55 ringgit but i just gave another additional 5 ringgits considering like the meticulous effort they put in.

initially the young boss quoted me 50 ringgit but the uncle said 60 :( so never mind not much difference anyways.

what they did was they had a masking tape layer over the circumference of the tyres first, following that they wrap newspaper around it to cover the whole tyres. (they took out the wheels but not the tyres)

if there's a chance, i'll upload my rims some day when i had the time.

Seems like you are happy with it. Congrats bro. . .

Looking forward to see your new coloured rims. :cheeky:

Guys, ride safely. Road is not for playing.

CBR150R :thumb: :shades:

I see. No wonder your FC so good. Me always ride pillion (can say 90% of the time) and the total weight is more than 3 times your weight. Hahahaha....

After all the things i hve done to my bike, I can get 40kpl when my average speed is 80-90kph. And I only can get 35kpl when my average speed is 100-120kph.

Before I did anything to my bike, nvr count my bike FC. So cant compare with the previous 1. :cheeky:

hey any updates on the sprocket ?

such as the performance while riding and even the FC wise.. =D thx..

wah, newly sprayed rims!!!

not like mine, from white till dirty like black

Yamaha RXZ, Kawasaki ZX KR150, Yamaha Spark135, Honda CB400 REVO NC42, Suzuki DRZ400SMK8, Aprilia RS125, Suzuki GSXR600K9, Honda RS150R

Click on the bike models for Information/Servicing/Maintenance on Kawasaki KR150, Honda CB400 Revo, Suzuki DRZ400SM and Suzuki GSXR

Facebook HONDA CB400 REVO

Can't post a new thread ?? Read HERE

SBF Garage Sales Act ---> Read HERE

hey any updates on the sprocket ?

such as the performance while riding and even the FC wise.. =D thx..

In terms of acceleration, its very good coz when I start the bike especially in the first gear, it does not seem like forcing the machine to run the bike. Can say smooth.

Where as in terms of topspeed, I did try it can go up to 135kph, but I believe it can go further. I stop speeding coz Im going into camera zone. I guess the TS after changing sprockets is 140kph. My previous TS is 130kph and it could not go further already, tried 2 times.

As for FC, first week of changes, I run very slow (60-70kph) and get 45kpl, second week bit faster (80-90kph) I get 42 kpl, third week I run as per normal (90-110kph) and get 38kpl. Btw, I always ride pillion, except when I try the TS. After that, I did add bit of changes to my bike already, so I could not compare.

wah, newly sprayed rims!!!

not like mine, from white till dirty like black

Thats the problem when the color is white. Hahaha...

Btw, I saw you buying the tyre repair kit from the MO. Can share the feedback on the products?

Thats the problem when the color is white. Hahaha...

Btw, I saw you buying the tyre repair kit from the MO. Can share the feedback on the products?

hmmm, i haven really use the product yet, i just get it just in case, for back up purposes

Yamaha RXZ, Kawasaki ZX KR150, Yamaha Spark135, Honda CB400 REVO NC42, Suzuki DRZ400SMK8, Aprilia RS125, Suzuki GSXR600K9, Honda RS150R

Click on the bike models for Information/Servicing/Maintenance on Kawasaki KR150, Honda CB400 Revo, Suzuki DRZ400SM and Suzuki GSXR

Facebook HONDA CB400 REVO

Can't post a new thread ?? Read HERE

SBF Garage Sales Act ---> Read HERE

anyway, the trip to kukup was a great experience in terms of travelling on malaysia trunk roads.

the grp travelled at relatively comfortable speeds.

the grp size was huge. there was at least 50 - 60bikes.

but the food wasnt as fulfilling as we ended up having only seafood lunch & no dinner. the weather was hot enough to turn off anyone's appetite for seafood anyways. so the lunch wasnt as seafood-liked as i would expect.

any pros here gd w/ the roads in perling? (wonder if derrick sees this)

maybe we can head there for a real good seafood meal some day.

:sweat:

Don: are u going to the debrief session tonight at LC food court along Tanjong Katong Road?

In terms of acceleration, its very good coz when I start the bike especially in the first gear, it does not seem like forcing the machine to run the bike. Can say smooth.

Where as in terms of topspeed, I did try it can go up to 135kph, but I believe it can go further. I stop speeding coz Im going into camera zone. I guess the TS after changing sprockets is 140kph. My previous TS is 130kph and it could not go further already, tried 2 times.

As for FC, first week of changes, I run very slow (60-70kph) and get 45kpl, second week bit faster (80-90kph) I get 42 kpl, third week I run as per normal (90-110kph) and get 38kpl. Btw, I always ride pillion, except when I try the TS. After that, I did add bit of changes to my bike already, so I could not compare.

think i will try changing the sprockets ba.. so where is the place? n price again?

btw any one know what could be the problem of unable to achieve 110km/h at 8k rpm ? as for 7.5k rpm i can get 100km/h which is a norm for our bike.. cos at 8k rpm my speed can be 105-108 at most.. n speedo needle still will move around..

still thinking will overhaul solve the problem or is the problem not even link to overhaul which is hard to gague..

wa, i thought you say 'upload my rims some day when i had the time'? so excited about it until can't sleep eh?

nice la, upz la...

hahaha don't know when its in the day or something ill upload another picture. it was in the dark thus couldn't see the rims that properly.

its a litttle too loud cause its bright dark orange instead of the repsol orange, lols. :angel:

what questions, just shoot lo :thumb:

Regards,

kifakw

my cbr150 is fw and the meter had cleared.. now is like got lots of "cling cling" like metal sound and it become very noisy when it hit 120km/hr sometimes even 100km/hr can hear the sound le.. is it usual for those sound?

signing off

SWV

:sleep: :confused:

RESPECT ME AND I'LL RESPECT YOU

my cbr150 is fw and the meter had cleared.. now is like got lots of "cling cling" like metal sound and it become very noisy when it hit 120km/hr sometimes even 100km/hr can hear the sound le.. is it usual for those sound?

from my own experience, it depends the sound coming from where.

its best you can find out where the sound are coming from.

sometimes i scare myself cause the sound comes from the ERP unit cover if it's not closed properly. my bunch of keys. my helmet. etc

but if the sound is coming from else place, better have a check with your mechanic. maybe its the brake but its quite obvious to hear braking sound.

maybe its the engine, or maybe something dangling at ur bike that cause the sound?

Regards,

kifakw

but think back again.

when my bike it's travelling at 100-120km/h, its quite noisy and shaky as if the bike is going to explode.

but it really depends on what kind of noise you are talking about.

Regards,

kifakw

am i right to say that, for acceleration on first gear. you have to sacrifice more wear and tear?

or do you guys mean acceleration during the mid range between 40 - 80 km/h instead?

i wonder what's our bike Peak torque? is it between 8k-10k?

any ideas if our bike can install a trip meter?

Regards,

kifakw

I thought meter cable turn slower better :D ... less mileage clocked :faint:

(no harm oiling the cable though)

i'm just trying to reduce overall friction in parts, in hopes of a smoother ride and better FC.

though i know sometimes doing things like this is like cracking a stone with eggs.