SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Singapore Traffice Policemen

diruiz

Do you dislike TP officers?  

679 members have voted

1. 1. Do you dislike TP officers?

Originally posted by patrick1131@Oct 25 2005, 05:00 PM

I think no body force them to be TP right?

so what they are feeding mozzies :confused: it's their choice :sweat:

I heard some was too embitious to be Tp because of 'SMART' . got 'power'....etc..

but i believe not every Tp are bad la.. unless u did illegal stuff to yur bike and feel scared to get caught la..

I BoRn tO be Perfect BuT EducaTion Ruined mE - AspMonK

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by R1szuan@Oct 25 2005, 05:20 PM

why not we have blangas and indians to replace our policeman and TP... coz they are cheap and willing to work long hours. is it a good idea??

Let forgeiner keep our security at home safe. Who want to go out and work to get killed, be killed , run over in thier jobs... :smile:

worse.... if they dislike s'poreans. they might gang up man.... and revenge on e rd user due to low pay they get

I BoRn tO be Perfect BuT EducaTion Ruined mE - AspMonK

i had 2 exp so far. one sucks, the other one was gd.

1st was when i was on the road jus outside bbdc, my helmet strap didn't go thru D ring, so he stop me. he was having quite a stuck up attitude then and ask me pretty rudely. even thou i know i was in the wrg but due to his rudeness & tht i wasn't having quite a gd mood tht day (ok lah, no excuses :cheeky: ), i asked me y he need to speak to me like tht, i dnt owe him a living & went on the say bout y he shldn't give me a summon. in the end he got nothing to say liao, jus face black black give me a ticket & ask me to get lost.

2nd one was tis road block, a female tp was attending to me, veri polite, proceed to joke with her a bit, haha, we even made fun of tis uncle who was obviously drunk riding but wldn't admit it, super funny.

at the end of the day, i still say tht it takes 2 hands to clap lah, they make u not happy also its cause u choose one.

(P.S anyone tried to speak to a tp the way i tld tht guy off?)

Originally posted by Visor@Nov 8 2005, 05:40 PM

i don't hate them, i fear them. I think they have done a very good job in scaring us.

yeah..true man...now every white thing from a distance makes me step a little more on my brakes... one day sure nervous breakdown :sweat:

Give them d respect.., At least they frigten or slow down 4 wheelers who think that the roads are theirs.... If not we motorcyclist will be aradicated in this country.

At least they did a good job in nailing those driving incosiderately until causing accident.:thumb:

"Many many cars make many many jam become many many problem!!!!"

!!!!!!!WORLD PEACE!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by redname@Nov 8 2005, 03:31 PM

i had 2 exp so far. one sucks, the other one was gd.

1st was when i was on the road jus outside bbdc, my helmet strap didn't go thru D ring, so he stop me. he was having quite a stuck up attitude then and ask me pretty rudely. even thou i know i was in the wrg but due to his rudeness & tht i wasn't having quite a gd mood tht day (ok lah, no excuses :cheeky: ), i asked me y he need to speak to me like tht, i dnt owe him a living & went on the say bout y he shldn't give me a summon. in the end he got nothing to say liao, jus face black black give me a ticket & ask me to get lost.

2nd one was tis road block, a female tp was attending to me, veri polite, proceed to joke with her a bit, haha, we even made fun of tis uncle who was obviously drunk riding but wldn't admit it, super funny.

at the end of the day, i still say tht it takes 2 hands to clap lah, they make u not happy also its cause u choose one.

(P.S anyone tried to speak to a tp the way i tld tht guy off?)

had one bad experience too...

happened at the small road behind wisma atria. they actually had a roadblock there. but funny thing they only stop motorbikes. WTF?!

anyway the TP who attended to me talk damn rudely. He inspected my bike and insisted that i had my pipe operated and done in jb. it was a totally standard pipe cos i jus got my bike dat time. I got pissed by da way he talk and told him... "eh if u dont believe me bring me back to base lah. u think i stupid never ride bike before u wanna talk to me like dis?! my uncle also in da task force lah, u think i dunno how u all work ah?"

da TP immediately change da way he talk and gave me back my ic. telling me to ride carefully...

WTF?!?!?!

LOLz...

to me i understand that they are doing their job. i dont hate dem only dislike some of dem for their attitude and rudeness. they are civil servants and need not talk to us like we owe dem money.

i think they wanna scare us dat's y. but for wat?

even though if we had done an offence its no reason for being rude.

jus smile, summon us and move on...

right?

"at the end of the day, it's still the rider..."

Originally posted by CoRnEr7@Nov 17 2005, 06:21 AM

to me i understand that they are doing their job. i dont hate dem only dislike some of dem for their attitude and rudeness. they are civil servants and need not talk to us like we owe dem money.

guess they r wearing the uniform so tinkin they can be lik tat!!!:sian:

<u>PASSION</u> : Strong emotion, Great enthusiasm.

Riders' passion is to ride.

Its NOT from point A to point B that a rider enjoy,

its DURING point A to point B that he enjoy..

http://www.hondahornet.co.uk/images/cb9001.jpg

Originally posted by CoRnEr7@Nov 17 2005, 06:21 AM

had one bad experience too...

happened at the small road behind wisma atria. they actually had a roadblock there. but funny thing they only stop motorbikes. WTF?!

They like to stop and check bikes cos bikes are easier to be stolen then cars.

X1-R 2010 model

Star Brake Lines

K&N Air Filter

EzzyOiler

Fuel Consumption Excel File (Update columns in blue), download @ http://dl.dropbox.com/u/38849257/Fuel%20Consumption-20120222-154031.xls

• 2 weeks later...

Well Well Well, I see all replied, seem that this topic was interesting,

I personnally find that its true, its their job, but TP also human, they do react what they feel,

I had an encounter that since being a old age guy, during a road block(TP), they just ask me to move off where I see the rest of Bikers been STOP!

I also been stop by 2 young ladies TP for not turning on my head lights at Regina,

So I must say,

if U don Do It! U No Worry!

Vara1K Bikers!

• 1 month later...

I have never been "talked down" by any TP.

In fact, i recalled in my encounters that they have been fairly courteous.

However, what our TPs need to improve on is like what our whole Civil Service needs to improve on.

That is:-

Not to be ruled blindly by a book.

For Singapore to move ahead, we need to come to terms that rules are there for general good guidance. TPs should use their good simple judgement and rightful authority as bearers of the Badge. That is why we have humans for the job and not robots!

Empathy for the fellow human being is also often slacking in this society of ours.

Myself guilty of the above.

http://img95.imageshack.us/img95/4128/demimoore2fi.jpg

well after seeing all de comments abt singapore tp seems that not all r bad after all. dun realli have a lot of encounter with de tp of singapore, onli 1 so far. but that 1 time was a gd encounter. stop just out of KJE when goin to school, the tp call mi sir somemore, den check license insurance, walk around my bike c plate no gt problem but give chance no summon, mi ask whether need to change no plate cos my motordiam do like tat de, de tp say dun need to change, :sweat: :sweat:, den oso teach mi about riding skills la helmet la ......., den after tat he let mi go liao.

Guess it is down to the tp officers whether they r cocky n think they r de boss of the road or whether they realli wan to make singapore roads safer for us motorist n those drivers. Hope that their attitude will realli change for the better :smile: :smile:

528348_10151367491692442_2095803254_n.jpg

Originally posted by Throttle@Jan 8 2006, 12:17 AM

That is:-

Not to be ruled blindly by a book.

For Singapore to move ahead, we need to come to terms that rules are there for general good guidance. TPs should use their good simple judgement and rightful authority as bearers of the Badge. That is why we have humans for the job and not robots!

Empathy for the fellow human being is also often slacking in this society of ours.

Myself guilty of the above.

U realize that for guy TPs normally can talk (Cham siong) one. Whereas.... (Think opposite way, don't type out in case offended somebody) :sorry:

http://photos.friendster.com/photos/21/54/21694512/16579895014593s.jpg

Interesting posts I`ve read here, well got one for y`all,,read on…

I`ve been riding for 18 yrs now n I hv some experience with TP, I remember one time think it was in 1994, I almost hit a traffic cop n got away with it. It was Sat evening I was returning home frm work, traveled the same route like I did everyday, there is this road somewhere in jurong where there is a, I would say a long sweeping bend which leads to the KJE, you can`t really see the exit of the bend cos of thick undergrowth by the side.

I was much younger back then riding a CBR, as usual I would ride the bend well, fairly fast, then all of sudden almost near the exit of the bend there he was like a white ghost this TP was standing in the middle of the road with his both arm behind his back…I was about to peel out of the bend, u know bike still not upright yet..I did what I did like anyone of you would just slam on both of the brake…with the speed I was in…I stopped inches away from him till he have to hop backwards to avoid me…

He shouted at me in the face “HOI!! why do u ride like that”? ..and he turned his head away from me and shouted again, “Corporal book him for dangerous riding!” he paused awhile..and he continued “also book him for dark visor”.. I thought I had it that time…. n my mind was thinking TOTALLED!! I`m a goner now..licence sure suspend …..everything rush to my mind..courtcase n everything….I thought I`m going to get a real good grilling up my arse from this guy. Funny he just walk away to some of the malaysian bikes that was also stopped earlier on. Actually they were conducting a road block for Malaysian registered bike, I think it was something got to do with their entry pass thing,,I`m not sure.

Licence out ID out the corporal look at my particulars…without saying a thing he just handed me my ID n licence and walk away..THAT`S IT? I said to myself …never book me ?.Then I LOOKED into my side mirror really that corporal guy was walking away without booking me n also never tell me to go… so I start my engine slowly n gently on the throttle n I rode away. Till today I`ll never forget that moment n still asking myself why did he not book me…..

To you guys there are some bad apples everywhere in any organization, but they`re not really rotten after all. Well that is just one of my xperience with a TP…..

HEH! i scoff when i hear the mention of the word TP.... for all of you who are neutral or love TP, you all must have cushy jobs in an office 9-5. I dun see any replies by ppl who use the road during office hours ie.taxi drivers, delivery guys, couriers.....

i dun mean to be brutal, but seems there's no way i can add sugar and icing on an issue i feel so strongly about. i used to be a courier, using the road from 9am-9pm mondays to fridays.... and i pride myself as being partial and unbiased in everything or everyone i come across, however, the SINGAPORE TRAFFIC POLICE..... god "bless" their "WONDERFUL" SOULS have repeatedly added fuel to my already blazing inferno. i've even contemplated carrying a concealed weapon and speeding intentionally and letting them have it when they stop me. on a scale of 1-10(most hated) i'm a 15 when it comes to traffic cops. WHY? read on....

all these accounts are true coz they happened to me.

for ppl who ride during the day, i'm sure you all have seen this scenario, TP riding above 110kmh on expressway, NO blinkers on, and changing lanes WITHOUT signalling. ITS SO COMMON among these pigs....sorry i prefer the term Government Dogs. for those of you who say they are JUST DOING THEIR JOB? don't take offence, but i piss on those words... seriously, you as a TP are supposed to uphold traffic laws(DUH!) and lead by example, then what the hell are you doing 1.SPEEDING WITHOUT DUE CAUSE 2.CHANGING LANE WITHOUT SIGNALLING???? you catch us when we commit offences but who da hell catch the TP? NOBODY rite??? thats just proof of a loophole in local enforcement.

just to furthur add insult to injury, i was riding my wave along bukit timah, left rear signal spoil. siam truck on right lane(who was actually speeding) check left and change lane(i always check blind spot), stop at traffic light infront of adam food centre turning right to serene centre inbtwn 2 cars. green light and LO AND BEHOLD! uncle sam or in this case uncle ali pulls up next to me and gesture for me to stop. he book me for failing to signal before turning, every car that went past to see whats going on, bypassed us changing lane without signalling...i counted 6 cars...... i couldn't be bothered with the DOG liao, just keep quiet coz i know these heartless B*STARDS don't give a f**k what you work as, even tell them i only courier very poor and need the points they couldn't give a FLYING F**K even if you only have one leg and dying of heart disease!! after he print out the tic, i told him-wah sir i must be very suay lah hor? he ask why? i said so many car turn behind you without signal never kenna only i kenna..... he said-"if you wanna think that way i cannot stop you"

how often i see big cars speeding, sports cars road racing...... they dun bother with these ppl and come after a small insignificant courier just trying to make his way in this world? the logic behind that is really beyond me. coz this reply too long i shall leave other tales for another time. i've seen them ALL, these GOVERNMENT DOGS.

you say they just doing job? i agree with those who say NOBODY force them into this SUPER CHEK ARK job. its like car park attendents, they build their happiness upon others' suffering.... how's that for a GREAT career? wonder how many of their kids got no anus?

for those who argue what will happen if they dun do their job? for one? i will be a very happy man.

Hi, i\'m SoNiQUE. I like 2 wheelers.

Originally posted by SoNiQUE@Jan 13 2006, 12:01 PM

HEH! i scoff when i hear the mention of the word TP.... for all of you who are neutral or love TP, you all must have cushy jobs in an office 9-5. I dun see any replies by ppl who use the road during office hours ie.taxi drivers, delivery guys, couriers.....

I used to work as a courier myself and I really agree with your comments.

Simply said... MOST TPs are really biased.

Especially against motorcyclist.

Some of my frens drive big, posh cars. When I'm out with them and they get stopped by a TP, these "a**holes" talk so courteously. "good evening sir", etc...

Then when my frens plead with them a little they let them go.

Compare these to the rudeness and non-leniency motorcyclist get when they get stopped.

STop only, "IC, license, insurance." Small mistake also they can't close one eye.

I've even encountered the same TP while riding a bike and driving a BeemER.

Two totally different attitudes.

I wonder is it because we motorcyclist are easier prey to them or these "a**holes" got no balls when it comes to enforcing the law on people driving big posh cars.

If you wanna enforce the law, be fair...

:mad:

"at the end of the day, it's still the rider..."

Originally posted by CoRnEr7@Jan 13 2006, 11:33 PM

I wonder is it because we motorcyclist are easier prey to them or these "a**holes" got no balls when it comes to enforcing the law on people driving big posh cars.

you see, i learnt something that kinda makes sense. its not that they're chicken when comes to catching these buggers in big cars, its just that big car buggers have money and when you've got money you have some form of power in society, even if you don't you probably know someone that does. Therefore, if they're rude or anything even remotely discourteous, chances are THAT victim will take it up with the TP's supervisors. now, on a normal day given the same circumstances BUT with a small courier person lodging a complaint, chances are the complaint will go down the toilet without even a second look. but if it were from someone who's got some form of "power" so to speak then its a whole different ball game.

end of the day, it is safe to assume as much as i hate to, that we live in a realistic world thats twisted and corrupt. you got money YOU WIN...... no money you can suck *something* and learn to release the anger or die a bitter death bottling up that angst. fortunately i'm easygoing and have learnt to release that hatred for cops. but i remember and WILL remember, and definately will be biased against these beasts for the rest of my natural life.

sidetrack abit, i was imagining if i had a daughter who's dating a cop or TP, i confirm tekkan the fella till he either auto break up or run home crying. stuff like:"so you're a cop? why? you too lowly educated or cannot find job outside that you gotta stoop so low as to become a government dog?" it'll be interesting to see his reply....

and if i open food stall, a TP walks up to buy lunch during lunch crowd, i will speak out loud and say:"SORRY HOR! WE DON'T SERVE YOUR KIND HERE!!"

WOOOHOOOOooo!!

lastly i'd like to thank the mods for tolerating the content of my messages. i'd like to commend the mod EVEN MORE if he's a traffic cop

Hi, i\'m SoNiQUE. I like 2 wheelers.

• 2 weeks later...

me kena TPeed twice but so far ok experience.

Case 1:

It was deepavali Riding sub 90 along AYE from Jurong town hall rd towards clementi at 10am. One TP overtake me and signal for me to go to stop.

Exited towards clementi n stop near bus stop.

Guess wat? The TP is a noobie Chee hong who wanted to see my gf. Pengz. GF was wearing low sphag n mini skirt. How i know? Ask dumb qns such as

TP: Show me your license and insurance

Was thinking siao liao. Still P plate and i was using wired intercom with GF.

TP stared at intercom wires n speaker.

TP: What is tat? :faint:

I: Intercom set.

then he move on to ask

TP: Did u on your headlight?

I : yah. Theory test say must on 24/7.

Heng heng me Theory strong one k. Dun play play. Hee

He walked over n see....it was a bit dim. But then from corner of eye can see him staring at my gf's bod. nb.

TP: It's dim

I: Sorry din realise. Will take note n repair immediately.

Case 2:

Park at pavement besides bras besar complex. Just opp New library building.

Think tat nite got some event or some minister came down to NLB bldg. Saw 2 TP bikes on road side.

Took my bike from pavement. On engine, gf onboard, rode off to small road.

Then the TP ah chek signal me to stop. where did he come from?? Siao liao. What did i do wrong again.

Asked me if i saw him. I said no. but i saw the TP bike. Kena sia. He asked me how come see TP bike still ride off pavement? Told me if i feel safe walking on pavement with bikes going ard? Kept apologising n told him in future not park on pavement.

Phew. All never kena summon.

Guess TP not all bad lah. And I happiest when see TP zooming past me. Then all the cars ard all kuai kuai. I just throttle up to take adv of careful situation.

If no break rules, no scared TP. Unless Suay. haha

• 3 weeks later...

aiyo, of cos they will be lenient to those rich and driving big cars.

i also kana stopped today at raffles place. (ho say liao, cai shen ye is here, LOL) the Rov orcifer as mi whether i know my no. plate facing the sky. underboard not approved. f u la, i bought the bike already like tat. somemore my no. plate not facing the sky lor. shut the f up if u do not know anything. haiz, he then took out a digital cam and snap it. sh*t

then tell mi 2 wks the letter of summon will come. early morning, come and disturb mi, (knnbccb).

i know gov neeeed $$$, but go and fine those rich and ho lian driver ma, modify until so obvious, but dun catch. (ccb)

normally i will ask the orcifer to give chance, but today look at his face, and somemore malay orcifer, i know jia lat liao. no need to talk. c mi chinese, check whole bike for mod. (knn)

he thought we earn $$ veri easy, like him ride ard summon here and there, at the end of the yr, still got bonus for 2 to 3 mths. (Lcb) this kind of job i also want.

haiz, sorry to all, i need to release anger, hope u all understand.

:box:

it's jus mi and my Suzuki

Originally posted by SoNiQUE@Jan 13 2006, 12:01 PM

GOVERNMENT DOGS.

wonder how many of their kids got no anus?

i love this quote :bouncefire:

$$$ is all they want. so next time when u see these dogs accident or anythin, no need to help them, they deserved it.

pls do not comment on my words, tks

jus wanna burst out my anger again.

it's jus mi and my Suzuki

Originally posted by eric_sp@Feb 14 2006, 10:53 PM

aiyo, of cos they will be lenient to those rich and driving big cars.

ya..

agreed...not onli TP...even Parking wardens are so..

my friend (drives Nissan Cifero) and I (SP) went to HDB carpark. he parked without coupon and at red lot. i park at white motor lot without coupon too. i even tell him...red lot are "expensive"

gek gou...come back..i ganna ticket...he got none...

nb...

prove tat ppl does look at wat u driving.

~Not all those who wander are lost~