SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Singapore Traffice Policemen

diruiz

Do you dislike TP officers?  

679 members have voted

1. 1. Do you dislike TP officers?

two experiences riding bike with TP so far...

1. riding on road shoulder, TP stop me and one msian motor.. i plead for lenient and chance. but he say unfair to the msian guy. at the same time, many bikes went pass us on road shoulder. i told him its unfair to me too.

anyway his attitude is good and quite soft spoken. so i accepted it willingly...got a tix and demerit pts...

:(

2. here come the bad one... turning right, signalling, first one at right lane, didnt pass the white line. nb...come 2 idoits. one in white TP uniform, one in blue uniform(maybe training to be TP). then keep looking at me. i think should have nothing to catch/wrong. but i was wrong, mayb i riding SP, target me...

green light liao, the white one from the far left lane, cut 2 lanes to come to my front and signal to stop after turning right.

come down of bike, give my IC and licence to the blue one. while the white one act yandao walk around bossy and looking at my bike, must be looking for any modi...

blue one cant find anything wrong with my bike. (i am original and without any modi) then the white one like dont believe, in the end whisper over the ear to the blue one...the blue one then catch me for not going thro the D ring. nb...got a tix for tat...

moral of the story, take off ur helmet when u ganna stop.

and nowaday, whenever i see TP, i siam them. they are nothing but trouble. and i felt they like to target SP!

~Not all those who wander are lost~

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

normally i will ask the orcifer to give chance, but today look at his face, and somemore malay orcifer, i know jia lat liao. no need to talk. c mi chinese, check whole bike for mod. (knn)

dont say like dat lor i oso kena by malay officer oso step-yaya siak..i c e face oso so sialan like dat..

i oso dont like e parkin warden..dat 1 lagi sialan e face..eg..i was @ my carpark after park my bike..tis 2 'otis' white bike coming towards me , turnin right to exit the carpark..1 of them blow e bike @ me..but i relaxs, no prob cos i did e same @ e traffic light @ JP few days later..i ride bhind him as slow as he go den wen he stop behind a car.. i blow past him few times den stop @ the traffic light...

Be a safety rider,

keep left always;

but once opportunity comes to race,

keep focus sit tight n turn the trottle...

let the race begins..

chase the X-1 GTR

• 2 weeks later...

today at SLE..

saw one tp...

and the best part was...

i was suddenly the only vehicle on the road for that moment..

ermm... wat else..

action kuai2...

ride as normal then just pretend like the tp another motorist lor..

haha

then the funny thing...

this tp officer actually looked at me and smile ley....

first time sia...

if not always kena tahan .. talk cork session then saman...

then i smile back...

then i like move off and away from him... :sweat:

The tree-lined avenue

Begins to fade from view

Drowning past regrets

In tea and cigarettes

But I can't seem to forget

When you came along

Ingenue, I just don't know what to do

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v210/joe_007/bikerchick2.jpg

-KENANGAN MOTO TERCINTA-

last 2 weeks on my way home.im still in my army U,im a NSF.at PIE ard 10.30pm to 10.45pm, heading to tampines.somewhere near kallang going to euno.i was at the 1st lane suddenly saw a TP infont of me,so i also down my speed to 80km/k(im ridding a KRR).somehow he saw me at his back,so he slow down too.by now he beside me on my right.he was staring at me like im the road infont of him(which mean that he never borther to c the road).he stare for quite sometime then force me to the 2nd lane as he was going really really close to me.that not all,i thought he just want to go 2nd lane.after ride awhile at 2nd lane,i felt weird.check my right side he was so so near,maybe just a 30cm ruler lenght.then i go to the 3th lane(of coz with signer light and check my blind spot) here he come again forcing me to the SH.i was thinking y is he doing this but not waving at me to stop.i think he is just playing punk.so is my there to stare at him like i own the road..i yell at him and say wat do u want?he just gave me afew more look at wave me to go(not stop) and he just speed up..so wat is the moral of HIS story?is it wrong wearing a army U to ride my own bike at night or is just my nice KR paintwork?sorry for the long story.ride carefully guys.

When i know me and my bike is together as one.

http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/5761/voodoodoll.png

http://img106.imageshack.us/img106/9593/voodoodoll.jpg

Personally..most of the TP's I've encountered have been pretty good guys. One time got pulled over for speeding, the guy didn't say a word. Just called me over to his bike, showed the speed he caught me(117km) at and grinned. I grinned back and handed over my licence and insurance. After he gave my summons we talked kok a bit and went off...

Kinda get the feeling if you're wrong and you know it..dun argue and they'll be quite nice.....

• 1 month later...

hmmm got gd got bad also.. so far they risk life to maintan law n order n safety for everyone imagine all car speed mod dun give way riders being bullied by cars etc etc etc .... AND they dun wear padded uniform or jacket to protect themself from high speed fall etc...if i am not mistaken....

well everybody got feelings maybe they like to YA YA PAPAYA la some tp !! but just smile who know he at home or office kenna scold MOOD SWING hehe...everyday is not sunday !

reading the thread see all the different situtation if really damm suay u never did anything wrong n u get it than u should seek help or complaint la.... u didnt do anything wrong even by accidentally they wont catch u for no point la...

so far no bad encounter with tp all very gd hehe.... and almost kenna summon at yck rd because of a subaru young girl

Met a nice TP while riding along Paya Lebar Road (towards PIE).

On my way home, I conscientiously changed lanes and signal accordingly to avoid the bus lane. While turing left into Ubi, to my surprise, a TP overtook me and showed me a thumbs up before turning into the TP HQ.

:smile:

March 2005~July 2007: NSR SP

From 21 July 2007~: SuperFour Spec III

I salute most of them for contribution in bringing down less drunk driving cases, speeding related offences. Like it or not, they are doing their job and I respect them for that.

Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

http://w1.bikepics.com/pics/2004/07/22/bikepics-184190-200.jpghttp://w1.bikepics.com/pics/2004/07/22/bikepics-184190-200.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

There are good TPs existing. There was one time when I rode in the PIE w/o on my headlight, a TP saw it and hand signal me to turn on. After that, he just continue his duty.

Actually, he can book me for not turning on the headlight...

Jun 99 - Sep 00: Phantom 150

Sep 00 - Oct 01: Super4 Vtec1 400

Oct 01 - Apr 06: African Twin 750

Apr 06 - Present: Nighthawk 250

Originally posted by saipolus@Feb 18 2006, 02:07 AM

dont say like dat lor i oso kena by malay officer oso step-yaya siak..i c e face oso so sialan like dat..

i oso dont like e parkin warden..dat 1 lagi sialan e face..eg..i was @ my carpark after park my bike..tis 2 'otis' white bike coming towards me , turnin right to exit the carpark..1 of them blow e bike @ me..but i relaxs, no prob cos i did e same @ e traffic light @ JP few days later..i ride bhind him as slow as he go den wen he stop behind a car.. i blow past him few times den stop @ the traffic light...

gd one mate..if kena me..i wil follow him back to his office n complt him..c who last longer..blow means wad? engine cant idle properly? or goin to die off..haha..those rider reali thinks they r TP...haiz..poser..poser..:sweat:

Die hard Fan of Modern Creation Munich.

• 1 month later...

TP officers are humans too, no need to be afraid or hate them unless u have done illegal things.

Cheers!

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m260/FaizalBakar/cycleTP.gifhttp://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m260/FaizalBakar/FJRlogo.jpghttp://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m260/FaizalBakar/cycleTP.gif

• 3 weeks later...
Originally posted by DaBonz@Mar 4 2006, 01:23 AM

Personally..most of the TP's I've encountered have been pretty good guys. One time got pulled over for speeding, the guy didn't say a word. Just called me over to his bike, showed the speed he caught me(117km) at and grinned. I grinned back and handed over my licence and insurance. After he gave my summons we talked kok a bit and went off...

Kinda get the feeling if you're wrong and you know it..dun argue and they'll be quite nice.....

you bring insurance with you everyday? Dun scare me. For two years, I've never brought it along. Somemore, my road tax and parking coupon also never update cos too lazy...

• 2 months later...
Originally posted by FuLL of SoRRoW@Mar 2 2006, 10:24 PM

then the funny thing...

this tp officer actually looked at me and smile ley....

first time sia...

if not always kena tahan .. talk cork session then saman...

then i smile back...

then i like move off and away from him... :sweat:

Haiyah, if the TP is a guy and you are a girl rider, surely he will smile lah. Even if you commit an offence and you don't kuai lan with him, he would probably let you off with a warning. Had it been a female TP, fat chance of that ever happening... :sweat:

First learn stand, then learn fly. Nature's rules biker-sans. Not mine...

http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/1859/11superbikesmackdown11.jpg

The more we get together, the FASTER we'll be..

Mar 93 - Oct 94 : TZR125 FF5209R

Oct 94 - May 98 : GSX R400N FK3745K

May 98 - Oct 05 : GSX R400R FN3306D

Oct 05 - June 11 : '02 YZF R1 FBF3637M

June 11 - Feb 19 : '11 ZX10R

Feb 19 - ??????? : '14 S1000RR

• 3 months later...

alot of my ITE classmates tell stories of them being stopped by TPs n i hear them cursing TP like theres no tmr. i've always been afraid of being on the road because of these stories ( i was 18 then)

i got my 2B at 23 n since then i got stopped by TP alot of times. those TP on bikes never did once address me by my 1st name. all i hear is "Sir". as for lady TP, she did address me as Sir too but with a more stern tone. never been booked before as my bike is stock n my WR can hardly go above 90kmh without high vibration.

the only time i got booked was by a WRX cop car. for unapproved tinted visor. n he's the only one who addressed me as 'brother...'

i guess the reaction when we get stopped do play a part. u dun have to shout or KPKB at them thinking that they'll let u off. they'll get more angry n insulted. overall, i'm more happy with TPs on the road. when they're around, everyone seems to be extra nice n i have a better journey.

dunno about ROV though..

rien d'autre que le max.

• 2 months later...

Simply love them. Anyway only those who do something wrong wil be scared of TP or hate TP.. anyway i guess TP does a gd job.. And i want them to be even stricter esp with those riders who like speed. Catch them pls. Coz they are endangering their own lives lar. Anyway i love d tp!! :) D very 1st time i bump into a tp on d road, he jus smile at me n go off.. Never stop me also.. ;p Anyway i got no modi in my bike :) And most of d time i follow d rules so nothin to be scared of ;) Ride safely people :cheer:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

My previous experiences when stopped by TPs were OK, I guess. The first offence was for crossing double white lines along Adam Road. The TP officer gave me a written warning after I pleaded with him. The other encounter was last year. A WRX highway patrol car stopped me along SLE and summoned me for failing to give proper signal. The two police officers gave me face and didn't summon me for speeding when I explained to them that I was in a hurry to get home cos my babies were crying and my mrs cannot handle them both... :sweat:

First learn stand, then learn fly. Nature's rules biker-sans. Not mine...

http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/1859/11superbikesmackdown11.jpg

The more we get together, the FASTER we'll be..

Mar 93 - Oct 94 : TZR125 FF5209R

Oct 94 - May 98 : GSX R400N FK3745K

May 98 - Oct 05 : GSX R400R FN3306D

Oct 05 - June 11 : '02 YZF R1 FBF3637M

June 11 - Feb 19 : '11 ZX10R

Feb 19 - ??????? : '14 S1000RR

On the BKE jus now I saw a tp WRX on the opposite direction.The car was parked on the road shoulder.

Usually I would see the tp inside sitting in his car staring ahead...

But today he was actually holding a laser gun in his hand and turned to face the traffic coming from behind while sitting in his car!!!

Along this stretch many vehicles tend to speed.. so i wonder how many got captured by the laser gun

In a Time of Universal Deceit, Telling the Truth is a Revolutionary Act