SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Singapore Traffice Policemen

diruiz

Do you dislike TP officers?  

679 members have voted

1. 1. Do you dislike TP officers?

We only heard from what the public said about them. Abt their work attuide.. but what abt their personal life? they are juz normal pple like us rite?

and every job sure got their sh*t, we have not heard any complain by them. (okiee, there's only one)Sure there are rude driver they have to face daily, types of duties they do, problems they have at work, etc

like what some had said, TP are juz doing their job...

it's the job make most pple hate them.. but y?

even some pple can hate the normal police...

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:offtopic:

i hope to take a pic together on top of a TP bike some day...

Live to Ride , Ride to Live

May 2001 - Dec 2003 Kawasaki KRR150

Dec 2003 - Aug 2005 Honda RVF400

Aug 2005 - Jan 2007 Yamaha YZF-R1 2003

Feb 2007 - ?????????? Hyper Vtec Spec III

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s96/paulabusa/DSCF0028_edited-1.jpg

Originally posted by ET@Aug 1 2005, 12:16 PM

seldom see them these days....

Involve in NDP parade lah . :sian:

GIVI Touring windscreen for FZ1 2006 onwards for sale - $90

http://www.koolart-japan.com/images/small/P1246.jpghttp://www.koolart-japan.com/images/small/P1721.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by aleister@Jul 29 2005, 04:47 PM

like what some had said, TP are juz doing their job...

it's the job make most pple hate them.. but y?

even some pple can hate the normal police...

Do they catch drivers or riders who drive or ride badly onrd? lik DO NOT switch signal when turnin..

:offtopic: i nearly accident bcos the car in front didnt signal when turing..!! dun say i didnt follow safe dist.. its cos he did last min braking!!

<u>PASSION</u> : Strong emotion, Great enthusiasm.

Riders' passion is to ride.

Its NOT from point A to point B that a rider enjoy,

its DURING point A to point B that he enjoy..

http://www.hondahornet.co.uk/images/cb9001.jpg

i think TP should be changed to TB TRAFFIC bas***d...

but is it i hate TP noo... ppl said tp doing their job & i believe but y must act so like powerful & talk like u are god??

who i hate is the damned "farking" scholars, TP commisoner, policy makers who drive BIG FAT CARS & GET BIG FAT PAY who don;t know how dangerous riding is who purpousely make farking ridiculous policy to fark motorcycle riders...

y target riders & truck drivers u get into road block onli riders get farked

like u skid also kanah summon.. buy cheap exhuast coz not $$$ never have real brand also $500 summon ... y they never inconsiderate mercs driver who cut into motorcylist path??

becos the mercs got pay tax to them ma...so cannot anyhow fine them...wait kanna complaint, then no promotion...they scare to offend them....tats how i thought....tats y the rich beomes richer and the poor will eventually becomes poorer...

it's jus mi and my Suzuki

The TPs have their duties. We can't blame them for obeying the laws and carrying out their superiors' orders. In fact, I think many TPs in Singapore are not bad.

As for the policy makers who don't care about riders, I sincerely hope that the situation will change. If the Tuas racetrack indeed materializes, I think we will be able to make a point to the authorities.

RXZ NSR150SP SV650 CBR400RR GSXR1000 FZ6S VFR800 CBR1000RR R1200GS

Galant ES 2.4A Civic Si 2.0A

i koe of one who changed his exhaust and yet tell me its stock~ :slapforehead:

there are bound to be black sheeps in any organisation, and trust me, they are just like normal persons like you and me.

only a handful like to boast abt their authority.

many a times i get into road block the TP quite friendly.

but i still dun understand why target bikers to stop at the side and not cars?

http://photos-p.friendster.com/photos/81/71/1151718/1_561317858m.jpghttp://photos-p.friendster.com/photos/81/71/1151718/1_406319657m.jpg

[¯*林德金 超級摩托 飆車隊 *¯]

** signature editted. unauthorised advertising **

Originally posted by StingRhea@Aug 29 2005, 10:55 AM

but i still dun understand why target bikers to stop at the side and not cars?

Orders from 'higher management'?

My Dream Car, see who wants to cut my lane and tail-gate me......

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee218/mika14cyanide14/MyDreamCar.jpg

Originally posted by Teezi23@Jul 16 2005, 01:23 PM

BUT AT THE END OF THE DAY.....

GIVEN A CHOICE.....I THINK MOST OF US WILL WANT TO DON THE WHITE UNIFORM....RIDING A BIG BIKE....AND LITERALLY OWN THE ROAD!!!

tell me no!!!

u ppl judge..!

once i was nite ridin wif 2 other biker on expressway. 2bikes, on 1 lane (staggered but quite close), the other bikeon the 2nd lane.

2 tp stop us to do routine check. wasted 15 min cant 'fine' anything, lecture us not to ride abreast coverin 2 lanes, then end up book my fren 70 bucks for helmet wif clips. tats not the point..

some other day, i saw 2 tps ridin side by side covering 1 1/2 lane on a 3 lane rd ridin lik 40 kph on a 60 rd talkin to each other..!! wats tis? :confused:

So.. ya, i'll lik to DON THE WHITE UNIFORM....RIDING A BIG BIKE....AND LITERALLY OWN THE ROAD!!!

well.. my dream is to DON the TP uniform, ride the TP DIvvy... and pull a wheelie past the ISTANA on a sat afternoon!!!!

I love TP... but they dont love me... sad... :cheeky: :giddy:

oh yeah.. i got booked once for DANGEROUS RIDING: suspend license 4months and S$2000 fine.. almost kenna kick out of ARMY regular service then for that!!

and the best part... mistaken identity... but the TP insist it was me and my frens.. even though we were riding at 30+ kmh and single line.. and bbdc style.. hahahahah

wat to do... sometimes wrong place at the wrong time.. gets u the wrong summon..

its time for a change!

New attraction coming soon!

Originally posted by Fc2222B@Sep 6 2005, 03:53 PM

well.. my dream is to DON the TP uniform, ride the TP DIvvy... and pull a wheelie past the ISTANA on a sat afternoon!!!!

I love TP... but they dont love me... sad... :cheeky: :giddy:

oh yeah.. i got booked once for DANGEROUS RIDING: suspend license 4months and S$2000 fine.. almost kenna kick out of ARMY regular service then for that!!

and the best part... mistaken identity... but the TP insist it was me and my frens.. even though we were riding at 30+ kmh and single line.. and bbdc style.. hahahahah

wat to do... sometimes wrong place at the wrong time.. gets u the wrong summon..

THATS C*** of the TP!

Falsely accused!

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n298/arakyo/16012011003.jpg

Do Not Tailgate Me!

they onli go by the book...so even the rider is rite, he still hv to admit wrong.

:angry: :angry: :angry:

So if u got any doubts tat u hv been wrongly justify, they juz told u off and ask u to refer to TP for the appeal. For wat?:nono:

http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/5048/10304130.jpg

"But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. Now if you know what you're worth then go out and get what you're worth."

Originally posted by ProjectD@Sep 6 2005, 09:38 PM

they onli go by the book...so even the rider is rite, he still hv to admit wrong.

:angry: :angry: :angry:

So if u got any doubts tat u hv been wrongly justify, they juz told u off and ask u to refer to TP for the appeal. For wat?:nono:

tats rite.. its always the case..

they'll say, dun talk to me, jus appeal to the tp or the inspectin officer..

ur words vs the tp words.. who wins??

• 1 month later...

Should note down the names, bikes number plates of rude, arrogant, reckless driving, snobbish, attitude problem Traffic Police "so-called officers".. And report them to higher authority of SPF or even Ministry of Home Affairs. A letter of complaint against these "so-called law enforcers" will go a long way in ensuring their career is affected.

But do also write-in/e-mail to TP/SPF regarding those TPs who provide good service.. Serve the community with warmth and pride.. Exercise friendly manners and etc..

Give credit where credit is due.. And curse when deservingly so..

Kawasaki KRR ZX150

Suzuki GSXR400 RR

Honda CBR400 RRR Fireblade

Yamaha YZF R1.. no more.. :-(

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by diruiz@Apr 13 2005, 01:06 AM

I'd like to find out how much are our traffic police hated... i know most drivers/riders are afraid of them, but do they dislike them for some reason

Was stopped at a TP roadblock 2-3 years back.

Then still a P-plater.

Dun like the way the tp guy talk down to me. I was quite pissed by the way he talk to me. And try to find fault, I mean really trying hard.

Now think, maybe he so pissed bcos that day friday and most of us were enjoying life, they were feeding mozzies on that stretch of Thomson road.

Generally, I dun really care about them now.

But I do pity them sometimes. C'mon, I dun want to spend 8 hours on a bike everyday riding under the elements and seeing pain and death every now and then.

I don't salute them, it's their job and they are paid for it.

But I appreciate the relative safety of the roads because of the rules they implement.

Hardcore

Planet Motorcycle Supporter:thumb:

Originally posted by Constructicon@Oct 22 2005, 01:47 PM

Was stopped at a TP roadblock 2-3 years back.

Then still a P-plater.

Dun like the way the tp guy talk down to me. I was quite pissed by the way he talk to me. And try to find fault, I mean really trying hard.

Now think, maybe he so pissed bcos that day friday and most of us were enjoying life, they were feeding mozzies on that stretch of Thomson road.

Generally, I dun really care about them now.

But I do pity them sometimes. C'mon, I dun want to spend 8 hours on a bike everyday riding under the elements and seeing pain and death every now and then.

I don't salute them, it's their job and they are paid for it.

But I appreciate the relative safety of the roads because of the rules they implement.

I think U R right, we should pity & sympathy them. they R human beings

riding a bike just like us.:cheer:

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h247/Gallantnice/Phantom200.jpg

Guest R1szuan

why not we have blangas and indians to replace our policeman and TP... coz they are cheap and willing to work long hours. is it a good idea??

Let forgeiner keep our security at home safe. Who want to go out and work to get killed, be killed , run over in thier jobs... :smile: