SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Martial Arts

oogah

Martial Arts...Which do you prefer?  

59 members have voted

1. 1. Martial Arts...Which do you prefer?

• TKD
    • KARATE
    • JUDO
    • Aikido
    • Ju Jitsu
    • Silat (Gayung /Minangkabau/etc)
    • Thai Boxing
    • Tai Chi
    • Kung Fu
    • Sprinting (faster better - get away from trouble :-) )
    • Why Take up Martial Arts - Waste time!

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest rookie517
Originally posted by br1an@Aug 6 2005, 01:43 PM

yeah la after whack him than say freak accident . if not later kena tekkan by him rite haha

a couple of mth later, when i saw him back to the unit

i ask him about his injury, then he reply say still abit painful

then 1 of my camp mate told me, he saw this officer dancing

inside a night spot!!

knnz...

ever since then, he downgraded and now damn relax man..

i tink he shld thank me ah

:cheeky:

Originally posted by rookie517@Aug 7 2005, 11:16 AM

inside a night spot!!

knnz...

hahaha unintenally save him hahaha no wonder he never tekan u , think he should have thank u instead

qui est??? c'est moi, je m'appel brian.

Originally posted by rookie517@Aug 7 2005, 11:16 AM

inside a night spot!!

knnz...

wah u so dangerous ah rook? :giddy:

lucky i'm yur fren, if not u break my leg hehehe :lol: just joking

brian, u saw the tournament at the toa payoh indoor stadium ar?

Originally posted by joeizdaman@Aug 10 2005, 04:17 PM

wah u so dangerous ah rook? :giddy:

lucky i'm yur fren, if not u break my leg hehehe :lol: just joking

brian, u saw the tournament at the toa payoh indoor stadium ar?

no i pass by there tat day saw many ppl wearing gi pants. and after tat my dojo fren told me she took part in the tournament

Originally posted by joeizdaman@Aug 5 2005, 05:45 PM

there was a karate kumite last sunday at the toa payoh indoor stadium... it's the annual national "Pesta Sukan" championships. Anione went?

My friend was in the comp and i heard lotsa bloody noses and even a case of knee twisted :giddy:

Maybe we shuld post if there are any comps going around nationally or interclubs that is open to the public and for those interested to watch could gather and go down :smile:

I wonder when is the silat's pesta sukan... i'll post it here if i find out and if anione interested to see could go down and watch casually. :thumb:

haha i din noe so many pple here interested in martial arts. Think it's a bit late to post here but tonight there's a combined martial arts display at NUS UCC 7pm. Can juz walk in and buy tickets - 4 bucks only....demonstration of tkd, karate, capoeira, wushu, nam wah pai, judo, aikido, kendo, taijiquan...etc...if walk in muz go a bit earlier.....anybody interested in tis can juz go down if u noe the place or pm me b4 5pm lor.

As for pesta sukans, the 32nd annual TKD National tournament is on over the next 2 weekends - 27 and 28 Aug from morning 9am-evening 9pm, Yishun Sports Hall, open to the public. For me I feel the Sunday bouts are more interesting as the bouts are mainly more of the senior and very experienced players fighting. The finals (ie more action) are in the evening from 4-8pm onwards..do come if u live nearby and u're interested in some butt-kicking action...it's the TKD sparring based on point systems..KO rules apply.

Me juz a humble student.....not fighting but accompanying 2 of my club members down to de tournament :cheeky:

YOU CAN BE REALISTIC...YOU CAN BE TOLERANT...AND YOU CAN BE FLEXIBLE.

BUT IF YOU CANNOT LIVE YOUR LIFE THE WAY YOU WANT IT TO BE, THEN WHAT

MEANING IS THERE LEFT IN LIFE?

I love my 海鸭ä¸æ€ - a Honda Mini-Falcon 凖 .

http://www.geocities.com/Tokyo/Dojo/1083/cat.gif

http://www.psi.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/images/wheelybike.gif

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I rusty already....learnt TKD 8 years ago...attained till brown belt only(poor exam grades forced to quit).Anyway it's interesting to watch UC in army. See a mixture of TKD,Judo and others.But so sad to see that they only teach the basic moves,advanced levels only to officers and seniors. See the cadets these days do UC cannot make it. Their execution so jialat also can pass.A lot of them kena unnecessary injuries because of wrong executions.

http://blog.badmotorfinger.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/2009_bmw_s1000rr_5.jpg

• 5 weeks later...
Originally posted by Andromeda@Aug 5 2005, 01:00 AM

hahaha... u were fr hcjc? wa... why u give up like tt? wasted sia...

me thinking of picking up wushu for long time le but nvr seem to hav enuff time for long term commitment plus nobody ard me interested... no motivation... hahaha...

Hi There,

I'm also interested in Wushu. Been practicing in France for 5 years, know a bit of shaolin quan, Tang lang quan, Mizong quan (dun remember how to write it :p).

Was looking for a good instructor in Singapore, anybody got good adresses. I have the list of wuguan in SG but dunno what to choose.

I've been taught traditionnal Chinese Wushu, not the one where you jump high and go fast that you see in shows. More melted with QiGong and TaiJi...

If you have some hints I'll be very glad !!!

Thkz !!!

Hey anybody knows where is the Hammer Headz gym located? I just found out it's an affiliate of Straight Blast Gym so i wanna check it out

once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.

• 1 month later...

i studied aikido when young aboutish brown belt. i find aikido is a favourable martial arts in the sense that it is truly a SELF-DEFENSE art.

i saw a tkd competition some years back in toa payoh sports hall and it was a sad sight because you see kids sparring at each other... quite senselessly at times! punching, kicking, jumping here and there and repeating the violent sequence of actions. this does not look like self-defence... more like SELF-OFFENCE! is this the right approach for kids?

would you want to advocate youngsters who learned it as being feeling "big" always... sorta like big bully. aikido can equally fend off an attacker but is not mean to submit the opponent but rather incapacitate him to a point that you are able to flee off in safety.

ive nothing against aggressive arts but it defeats the title of self-defence. but i'm placing my bets in mixed martial arts since it readies one for the real world of street fights and one-for-all situations.

I am The Great Cornholio!

And a Gringo...

I have no Bunghole...

• 3 weeks later...
Originally posted by xiaowang@Nov 21 2005, 11:28 PM

Hi Fiip

Me too. I am also interested to learn taijiquan but there are not many places around to learn. Let me know if you have found one.

i am watching tai chi on vcd... maybe learn from there :p

br1an..wat was the coach's name when u were in yjc? haha..i learnt chinese wushu for abt 7yrs liaoz..haha,.now a official coach..helping my coach frm china to teach the kids now..haha :cheeky:

Sh|nHwA-

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f125/shinhwa86/Untitled-2.jpg

1986 (Apr)-2005 (Jun): BMW-Turbo (Bus, Mrt, Walk, Turbo Taxi)

2005 (Jun - 2006 (Jul): Honda 150SP

2006 (Jul) - 2013 (Feb): Honda CB400 S4 Spec II.3 (Type R)

2013 (Feb) - ???? : Yamaha FZ1N

♂♀ Loners - Dare To Ride Alone

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

anyone learns muay thai here?.. as i got learn b4 last time .. i still remeber wat they say .. nv use ur skills on ppl unless they got weapon or more ppl then u .. still remeber last time i whack my frens when he insult my family .. i jus throw him and use my knee to bang him and he bang into the windows .. 2 windows drop down .. haha .. !! my classmates all use muay thai moves to beat ppl even some nv learn b4 .. as i got teach them some chicken feets skill .. like ong-bak ppl de head .. ahha

To ride on the road, You need skills,Stamina, or even luck.

But to be a good rider, you have to change with your environment,and adjust yourself to its rhythm.

Cultivate the confidence to face the different situations. Don't let yourself to be subdued by the environment :thumb:

Learnt TKD but found out that when needed in real life situation, :giddy: not really applicable.

Plus, kns TKD girl vs guy, in terms of strength, girl already loose before fight begins. :weep:

Bit heard Aikido would be better as it uses opponent's strength agaist him? :confused:

Anyone starting Aikido lessons anytime soon??

Rebuilding my dreams. But first, the gears

1) WP RS Taichi riding jacket

2) WP riding pants

3) Titanium riding gloves

4) Garmine Nuvi 550 GPS (US$259)

5) WP Komine riding boots

6) Arai Helmet

7) The BIKE of course! :cheeky:

• 3 weeks later...

in any martail art, we learn many techniques. however most of us did not master all the technique if any not any. tat why it could appear inadequate for defence purpose. however if we could just mast one or to technique, we could easily defeat many opposition. say u just practise ur front kick 500 time a day for one year. and learn to use it for defencive, offencive. maneover, etc etc. wif it. u could find it very useful. just by master one technique. whether its tkd karate mui tai boxing chinese kong fu. tai chi. the key is mastering the technique/s.

• 3 weeks later...
Originally posted by br1an@Mar 7 2006, 08:33 PM

in any martail art, we learn many techniques. however most of us did not master all the technique if any not any. tat why it could appear inadequate for defence purpose. however if we could just mast one or to technique, we could easily defeat many opposition. say u just practise ur front kick 500 time a day for one year. and learn to use it for defencive, offencive. maneover, etc etc. wif it. u could find it very useful. just by master one technique. whether its tkd karate mui tai boxing chinese kong fu. tai chi. the key is mastering the technique/s.

:clap: well said... so what have you mastered so far???

The more you work, the more money you have.

The more money you have, the more you spend.

The more you spend, the less money you have.

The less money you have, the more you work.

hmmz...

if got any joint tkd training sessions pls pm me...

thanx...

=)

http://photos.friendster.com/photos/98/44/3454489/6076769946073l.jpg

~Fast As Lightn|ng~

Keep pushing yourself. Be patient with yourself. Learning takes time and perseverance. Enjoy the process.

Spread your wings and fly.

Originally posted by berukblue@May 25 2005, 07:53 PM

I'm currently learning Mixed Martial Arts at the MMA Academy at north canal road....

It's essentially Muay Thai + Submission wrestling.....Submission Wrestling consists of Brazilian Jiujitsu, Russian Sambo, Greco-roman wrestling, Vale Tudo and my instructor also adds techniques n strategies from Hapkido, Aikido n kali/escrima

Hi,

I'm interested in learning MMA. Currently learning KickBoxing, but hope to learn more ground skills.

How and where can i sign up?

• 4 weeks later...