SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Coe!!!!!!!!!!

agash1985

the whole system is a spin off from the over arching belief of meritocracy. very simply put, you work hard -> you get money -> you can afford your bike. so why are COEs so expensive. because those who are "working the hardest", getting the most money, are the ones buying bikes now. sadly, this is how it is.

In essence, it is not wrong.

Survival of the fittest.

but i think you got the idea of meritocracy a bit twisted.

although you did clarify that its a spin off.

Meritocracy in our context is more of being regardless of race language or religion and being results orientated in getting there.

Its often a thin line between good and evil, right and wrong.

you may like to note that the one working the hardest or making the most money may not be the ones buying the bikes. But on the contrary, it is those who are not.

just like in the case of cars, i wholeheartedly believe that COE prices will adjust meaningfully if only the buyer is allowed to bid and COE is only payable with full cash without loans.

look at it this way, if i run a business of selling bikes, i wouldnt care a damn what the freaking COE will be. I will just bid and get it.

becos no COE, no bike to sell, no business to do, no money to make.

therefore, the true demand of the COE must be determined by the real buyers and not their proxy, the Dealers.

http://img95.imageshack.us/img95/4128/demimoore2fi.jpg

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Throttle, I agree with your proposed COE method and there are many other viable options as well but as we know, our intentions and objectives are different fm the ppl setting up the system. Waht are your thoughts on how ways to handle this new era of >5k COEs apart fm saving for it? ;)

working hardest, who makes most money wins etc... unfortunately, there are some out there who are stuggling because of circumstances and not cos of lack of hard work or effort. Yes, its really survival of the fittest... those born with compromised abilities or in unfortunate circumstances are disadvantaged... even among "normal people", we are born with different level of abillities, get different lucks in our life and are brought up in different ways which will affect our priorities in life. enough of rant... this is the way life is even in the animal kingdom. I feel lucky to be blessed, need to start to be less selfish and throw more starfishes out to the sea

Liverpool revival has started....

COE 5k and above. Buying class 2B bike is just not practical. Class 2 bike is the way to go. Hopefully 2 years down the road, our ah Gong will adust the policy abit

JOSHUA

class2B -26/2/09

class 2A -27/7/10

class 3 - 6/1/11

class 2 - 30/8/12

http://i920.photobucket.com/albums/ad44/jtzx/Image0020_JROT42b4_edited.gif?t=1246004022

COE 5k and above. Buying class 2B bike is just not practical. Class 2 bike is the way to go. Hopefully 2 years down the road, our ah Gong will adust the policy abit

many are thinking like dat... can see the numbers of big bike makes increasing in numbers...

http://www.lta.gov.sg/content/dam/ltaweb/corp/PublicationsResearch/files/FactsandFigures/MVP02-3_New_MC_by_make.pdf

Throttle, I agree with your proposed COE method and there are many other viable options as well but as we know, our intentions and objectives are different fm the ppl setting up the system. Waht are your thoughts on how ways to handle this new era of >5k COEs apart fm saving for it? ;)

working hardest, who makes most money wins etc... unfortunately, there are some out there who are stuggling because of circumstances and not cos of lack of hard work or effort. Yes, its really survival of the fittest... those born with compromised abilities or in unfortunate circumstances are disadvantaged... even among "normal people", we are born with different level of abillities, get different lucks in our life and are brought up in different ways which will affect our priorities in life. enough of rant... this is the way life is even in the animal kingdom. I feel lucky to be blessed, need to start to be less selfish and throw more starfishes out to the sea

Survival of the fittest? Well some have the unfair advantage to be born in rich families. Because no one can choose where they can be born. :rolleyes:

The more the 3 tier licence system for bikes have to be scrapped. Maybe 2 tier instead? :cool:

Edited by duo

KRGT-1

I want to ride my bicycle I want to ride my bike..I want to ride my bicycle I want to ride it where I like..

Survival of the fittest? Well some have the unfair advantage to be born in rich families. Bcause no one can choose where they can be born. :rolleyes:

yes agree, that means they are born more fit (in this context) than others. same like in the animal kingdom or nature.. its just the way things are. Many are also less fortunate than us.....

life is never EVER going to be fair.

er side note,if next weeek i bid 10k on coe , then all will have to bid around that price or higher then me ?

no need... see http://www.lta.gov.sg/content/ltaweb/en/roads-and-motoring/owning-a-vehicle/vehicle-quota-system/certificate-of-entitlement-coe.html

to make it simple, assume 5 COEs available, 7 people bid as follows:

A- $1

B- $1

C- $2

D- $5

E- $200

F- $5000

G- $10,000

Bidder C,D,E,F,G will get the COE at $2

life is never EVER going to be fair.

er side note,if next weeek i bid 10k on coe , then all will have to bid around that price or higher then me ?

Thanks for replying to Duo.

yes, life is never fair.

At least not in that way.

otherwise, i would have been born rich tall handsome.......imstead of now poor short and fat......sigh...

yes, life is never fair.

otherwise, i would have been born rich tall handsome.......imstead of now poor short and fat......sigh...

True enough life is never fair. Well I was referring to being born with a silver spoon. About being fat its a choice. For being tall and handsome it is subjective. Beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder. :cool:

KRGT-1

I want to ride my bicycle I want to ride my bike..I want to ride my bicycle I want to ride it where I like..

yes, life is never fair.

mai sian la , poor and fat ...

u poor i already cook the grass beside the pavement to eat liao

True enough life is never fair. Well I was referring to being born with a silver spoon. About being fat its a choice. For being tall and handsome it is subjective. Beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder. :cool:

Ok ok you got me, i am actually quite tall and very handsome as gauged by the number of cute chicks who ask for my contact........ Muayhahahahahahaha

mai sian la , poor and fat ...

u poor i already cook the grass beside the pavement to eat liao

Boh sian lah, brother.

rich or poor is relative mah......

just like everything else....muayhahahahahaa....

enjoy your weekend mate

Ok ok you got me, i am actually quite tall and very handsome as gauged by the number of cute chicks who ask for my contact........ Muayhahahahahahaha

Somehow I could tell. As mostly the good lookin ones will say that and the opposite always boasts of their so called good looks. :cool:

KRGT-1

Somehow I could tell. As mostly the good lookin ones will say that and the opposite always boasts of their so called good looks. :cool:

Thats why i already said i short fat ugly until you forced it out of me.....sigh......

muayhahahahahaha

Thats why i already said i short fat ugly until you forced it out of me.....sigh......

muayhahahahahaha

Did not force it out of you instead someone rat you out. :cool:

KRGT-1

If sway, that second hand bike maintenance high, then how?

yup. agree. just bought a 2008 scooter. many of my scooters i sold were well taken care off and before selling i made many repairs and services.

now this scooter, previous didnt let me ride it even for awhile, then when i got it and bring home, wah lau steering so heavy. when i told him he just changed the steering cone.

if he just changed the cone, then whats the problem. hmmmm. just becareful when buying second hand from owner. if shop, like some of the bikes i bought from, i would sent it back and get repair for free.

i was hoping by the time i 2018 come i would have enough money to renew coe. just hope it doesnt go up to 10k

The cycle is bike got many peoblems then owner sell to shop and owner get a new bike. Shop touch up on the outlook sell to somebody else. That person will also encounter problems. Sell to shop again and the cycle repeats. Not many would get it repaired then sell it off. Most riders only knows how to ride bikes but maintenance wise knows squat. :cool:

KRGT-1

The cycle is bike got many peoblems then owner sell to shop and owner get a new bike. Shop touch up on the outlook sell to somebody else. That person will also encounter problems. Sell to shop again and the cycle repeats. Not many would get it repaired then sell it off. Most riders only knows how to ride bikes but maintenance wise knows squat. :cool:

Never ending one lar....buy with care