SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Coe!!!!!!!!!!

agash1985

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5.5k?

seriously man..

http://i1185.photobucket.com/albums/z341/lotand/IMG_1124.jpg

Ride Defensively; always.

Class BB2BDC - 11AUG2010

Kawasaki KIPS -> 2010 ~ 2014

Aprilia RS125(09) -> 2014 ~ 2017

Class BB2ADC - NOV2016

Suzuki DRZ -> 2017 ~ 2018

Honda Revo -> 2018 ~

Reduce car Coe, the price goes up. Some drivers jump over to riding. So Coe naturally go up. Then our LTA reduce Bike COE... Coe price rocket up. Sianzzz.

If only all the bikers stop buying, let the bikeshop coe DiaoDu teach them a lesson.

I pity those old uncles riding super old RXK, CG125, GN125, etc... 10yrs up liao where will they find money to pay for the PQP

91-92: 84 Yam LC125

95-97: 88 Suz GSX400R & 88 GSX400FW

97-01: 95 Suz Bandit400

01-04: 96 Suz DR650SE

04-11: 99 Suz SV650S

05-05: 94 Suz DR200SE

06-16: 06 Kia Rio 1.4(M) Sedan

11-12: 02 BMW F650GS

12-16 01 BMW R1150GS

When- Burgman Tmax ??

Right now the COE prices are a direct effect of the car and bike dealers putting in stupid and desperate bids to secure their sales. No doubt that the Govt has a hand in influencing the prices by playing with the supply against the demand.

When you purchase a vehicle, you sign that contract and put down the deposit. The dealer then tells you that he will factor in a certain amount as the COE. That amount is probably based on the average value in the last couple of month. If it was 900, then 1300, he'll prob put in 1K. Right now, with the COEs in the 4000 to 5000 region, a dealer will price it at 5K average. Then he'll place his bid anyway. If you get the COE under 5K, he'll refund you the difference. If over, you top up the diff. Then you settle your DP.

Thing is, the dealers and their salesmen want to make the sale, and will be willing to place stupidly high bids just to close the deal. YOU are the sucker. The dealers are the one inflating the COE premium because of their panic bidding response to supply being cut. That was what happened a few months back when LTA cut the supply by 25%. They bid higher, wanting to make sure they got the COE to cover their sales. It's not going down because the average value has gone up. Unless you get a fluke situation where there are less bids than the actual supply, and some lucky mofo puts a bid of $1.

So who to blame for high COEs? Put simply. Bike dealers.

Why don't the ppl who're buying bikes here start telling the dealers "I'm only willing to pay COE $1K max. Any more, fcuk the deal." Don't sign on the sales contract unless they add that in writing.

At this point, some of you will be thinking... "But COE goes to Govt. The dealers don't get the 5.5K what....."

Yes, and no. You ALWAYS have a downpayment you're willing to pay. Let's say 5K on a 16K bike (not incl COE).

If the COE is at 1K, then the total price will be 17K (insurance let's not include yet ok?)

You DP 5K, and your loan quantum will be 12K.

Now if the COE was at 5K, the bike is gonna be 21K in all. Your loan quantum: 16K.

The Govt gets the 5K, but the shop/finance is gonna get the interest out of that because you took a larger loan.

So who says that they don't earn more from higher COEs??

The Govt has got to disallow dealers from bidding for COEs. Make the buyers log into the system themselves and place the bid instead. Only then will COE premiums start to fall. Because as buyers ourselves, we will not place stupid bids. The dealers don't give a crap about us. They're just interested in the sale. And you, the buyers, have to tell them "Fcuk off"

When you go out to buy a new bike today, or tomorrow. Go ahead and tell your dealer "I only want to bid COE max 1K, or else I'm not signing"

See what they say. If everyone does it, see how the COE goes.

Edited by DeusExMachina
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v161/DeusXMachina/Lean2a.jpg

Just passed my 2B, have not get my bike. Going to get 1. Went KTM today to test ride RC200 & Duke200. RC200 ($16,404 + insurance + IU +++)... Duke200 ($$15,404 + Insurance + IU +++).....

Sianz.... now so $XX,XXX to get a nice bike. Now got to go test ride RZ16. (feedback this bike easy to maintain, very low FC).

Just passed my 2B, have not get my bike. Going to get 1. Went KTM today to test ride RC200 & Duke200. RC200 ($16,404 + insurance + IU +++)... Duke200 ($$15,404 + Insurance + IU +++).....

Sianz.... now so $XX,XXX to get a nice bike. Now got to go test ride RZ16. (feedback this bike easy to maintain, very low FC).

a friend just a year ago, got a duke 200 for 12k all include , all. thats still expensive

The ruling party is known as "Pay And Pay" for a reason. Typical approach to solving a problem is by raising the price beyond your reach. Too many vehicles? COE. Too much congestion? ERP. Transport companies need to make more money for their shareholders? Raise fares. Too many people taking taxis? Raise fares too. Too many people calling for taxis? Booking charge. Is it any surprise that they'll simply laugh all the way to the bank when COE prices hit the roof? Why would they care? They can treat us like dirt and squeeze every cent, and still get enough votes to remain in power. Dammit !

Right now the COE prices are a direct effect of the car and bike dealers putting in stupid and desperate bids to secure their sales. No doubt that the Govt has a hand in influencing the prices by playing with the supply against the demand.

When you purchase a vehicle, you sign that contract and put down the deposit. The dealer then tells you that he will factor in a certain amount as the COE. That amount is probably based on the average value in the last couple of month. If it was 900, then 1300, he'll prob put in 1K. Right now, with the COEs in the 4000 to 5000 region, a dealer will price it at 5K average. Then he'll place his bid anyway. If you get the COE under 5K, he'll refund you the difference. If over, you top up the diff. Then you settle your DP.

Thing is, the dealers and their salesmen want to make the sale, and will be willing to place stupidly high bids just to close the deal. YOU are the sucker. The dealers are the one inflating the COE premium because of their panic bidding response to supply being cut. That was what happened a few months back when LTA cut the supply by 25%. They bid higher, wanting to make sure they got the COE to cover their sales. It's not going down because the average value has gone up. Unless you get a fluke situation where there are less bids than the actual supply, and some lucky mofo puts a bid of $1.

So who to blame for high COEs? Put simply. Bike dealers.

Why don't the ppl who're buying bikes here start telling the dealers "I'm only willing to pay COE $1K max. Any more, fcuk the deal." Don't sign on the sales contract unless they add that in writing.

At this point, some of you will be thinking... "But COE goes to Govt. The dealers don't get the 5.5K what....."

Yes, and no. You ALWAYS have a downpayment you're willing to pay. Let's say 5K on a 16K bike (not incl COE).

If the COE is at 1K, then the total price will be 17K (insurance let's not include yet ok?)

You DP 5K, and your loan quantum will be 12K.

Now if the COE was at 5K, the bike is gonna be 21K in all. Your loan quantum: 16K.

The Govt gets the 5K, but the shop/finance is gonna get the interest out of that because you took a larger loan.

So who says that they don't earn more from higher COEs??

The Govt has got to disallow dealers from bidding for COEs. Make the buyers log into the system themselves and place the bid instead. Only then will COE premiums start to fall. Because as buyers ourselves, we will not place stupid bids. The dealers don't give a crap about us. They're just interested in the sale. And you, the buyers, have to tell them "Fcuk off"

When you go out to buy a new bike today, or tomorrow. Go ahead and tell your dealer "I only want to bid COE max 1K, or else I'm not signing"

See what they say. If everyone does it, see how the COE goes.

Well said.... Applies to cars too

My take is that the buyer buys COE with full cash on his own.

Dealers shoulg not be allowed to bid for COEs.

but there will always be a loophole somewhere so the best solution is to make sure that the pocket is deep enough, then no need to bother about price of COE

hai, uniquely Singaporean......

http://img95.imageshack.us/img95/4128/demimoore2fi.jpg

I think there should be at least 2 changes:

1. As mentioned, take the dealers out of the equation. The dealers are only interested in winning the COE and getting your business, using your money to bid.

2. Bidders should pay the bid amount. Now, the bidder only pays the lowest qualifying amount, which encourages bidders to bid higher than what they are actually willing to pay, knowing that they will probably end up paying a lower amount. This drives up the overall bidding values.

But as usual, the PAP's take is probably on the huge cash-cow that the COE represents. Why would they want to kill such a cash cow? Money is valued over well-being of the people, as usual.

Well said.... Applies to cars too

My take is that the buyer buys COE with full cash on his own.

Dealers shoulg not be allowed to bid for COEs.

but there will always be a loophole somewhere so the best solution is to make sure that the pocket is deep enough, then no need to bother about price of COE

hai, uniquely Singaporean......

PQP for Feb 2015 is $4,383.00

All I can say is "**** LTA". Or rather, LTA is farking us.

This Honda brand tricycle c.o.e is ending next month.

How much is the c.o.e. to renew for 10 years? Can somebody give me a price range?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]319292[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]319293[/ATTACH]