SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Coe!!!!!!!!!!

agash1985

can you tell me what is your meaning of unnecessary money ?

i know of a security guard , who works because he is bored, his children are all grown up and working.

his hdb is paid up , collectin his monthly rental from a condo . his wife is also working in macdonld.

And for ur info, that guy is as young as me, and not some retiree, not looking down on security profession, but what the heck, spoiling the market, now the dealers are going to increase the coe next time round and the majority suffers

Edited by beginner444

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

One qn, can we deregister new bikes and get back COE rebates, as far as I know it applies to only when u renew COE

I may be wrong but you will just get a piece of paper stating value of the leftover years of the COE. When yoy buy another bike the COE for that bike will be offset with whatever value you get from the deregistered/scrap bike. I believe there is a duration limit to how long it will be valid too. :cool:

KRGT-1

I want to ride my bicycle I want to ride my bike..I want to ride my bicycle I want to ride it where I like..

Then don't judge lta and pap, they are doing what is right for business while the majority suffer

Defeats the point of a government then if you're gonna treat the country like a business rather than a country, besides the profits they make are well into excess. But please, support the PAP, they squeeze to 10 bikes per month go ahead and blame the majority.

Oh dealers are charity organizations I heard and pay their workers 15k a month with no overhead to bother with. Dey dealers earn kopi money from interest of inflated COE.

Win liao.

Defeats the point of a government then if you're gonna treat the country like a business rather than a country, besides the profits they make are well into excess. But please, support the PAP, they squeeze to 10 bikes per month go ahead and blame the majority.

Oh dealers are charity organizations I heard and pay their workers 15k a month with no overhead to bother with. Dey dealers earn kopi money from interest of inflated COE.

Win liao.

Bro..some people just cannot handle the truth. :cool: Edited by duo

KRGT-1

I want to ride my bicycle I want to ride my bike..I want to ride my bicycle I want to ride it where I like..

People are willing to pay for Cat D COE:

lta_coe_dist_cat_d_2015_04.png

This is LTA stat and shows the bid distribution above QP. 10% of the folks are willing to pay >40%! That's $10k COE!

20% bid 5% more, another 20% bid 10% more.

High COE price is a collateral damage from reduced COE quota. LTA did not explain why, but my guess is it cuts the private vehicle population "proportionally" in one broad stroke (can't have more bikes relatively to cars).

Anyone who needs a bike or need to renew COE now is in a world of pain...

(void *) &NHY;

We live in interesting times!

By having lower Coe does not mean third world but having a incompetent leader will lead us down that road. You all can complain and will when we are there.

You all can see how it affecting the countries from all over the world. You all can complain about this been high & that been high but it is because of ourselves or???

So when we slow down or stop and other countries catch up?? When our currency does not hold strong value, will u all still talk like this?? We are lucky that other are incompetent but they have a lot which SG does not have however they fail to build on it.

Do we have the hunger for success like the ft?? Or we just sit back and keep thinking why this why that does not work out. We are living in a too well protected environment which our youth had a disadvantages when facing tough competition from outside world.

Not sure how many of the ppl here can see it, but I personally deal with all nationalities and I can see the urge in those ft (even a worker) . They will to put in hard work to achieve what they want but local???

I'm not a support of pay and pay, I hate the system also but I see more positive than negative in the system.

Thing are on the high but why we cannot strive hard to get what we want.

I just bought a new bike when the Coe was high, I'm complaining also however I spend most of my energy to improve myself and make sure that I can survive in this country and make my life better rather than sit down and just complain and waiting for thing to happen. How u want to live your life is in your hand not others.

Also those countries u mention, are there any changes after they change their leader?? Especially HK.

Nvr read most of it, but anyway while you tried so hard to survive in this harsh city. Some people collecting the money are smirking and winking at you cheekily. lol

17 Nov 2011 - April 2013, NSR150 SP

12 June 2013 - 23 Jan 2015, CBR400RRR

23 February 2015 - 29 February 2016, YZF R6 2006

12 March 2016 - 12 May 2017, CBR1000RR05

July 2017 - Jan 2019, YZF R1 2008/CBF150

Aug 2019 - Current SYM Joyride 200

Nvr read most of it, but anyway while you tried so hard to survive in this harsh city. Some people collecting the money are smirking and winking at you cheekily. lol

Its complicated nuff having to understand why COE for bikes needs to be cut, when the cut-away portions are rediverted to open-category, essentially upping the number of 4-wheelers.

For those who are unaware, Open Cat can also be used for motorcycles and holders of Open Cat COE only pay 1/3 of the bid price should they decide to use it on a motorcycle instead of any class of 4-wheeler.

Given the rational and logical interpretation of this "advance" policy, i believe the ultimate outcome of the bike COE is to hit 1/3 of the current 4 wheeler price (Cat A - I sincerely hope if its true). So don't hold your breath, and lets just wait for CAT D to climb to 20k++ before coming to a new standstill. Then everyone will bid both in the open cat and cat d since the price isn't going to change much, like the difference between Cat E and Cat B now which is 2k+.

Now, if you are really interested to add in the contentious factors of PRs or EP holders (on expat packages) owning a vehicle (whether 4 or 2 wheelers), you might be shock to know that some companies still include a transportation allowance to help offset the horrible circumstances we face.

But it really isn't their fault that the companies decided to extend this benefit.

it is kind of stupid that in the future, we see only Malaysian kupkias running on the road, and all Singaporean bikers are on million $ bikes. sigh...

HELP FIND MY BIKE! Blue RXZ (New Model), completely stock FBB3668U Stolen from Block 502A MSCP Choa Chu Kang Street 51

Its complicated nuff having to understand why COE for bikes needs to be cut, when the cut-away portions are rediverted to open-category, essentially upping the number of 4-wheelers.

For those who are unaware, Open Cat can also be used for motorcycles and holders of Open Cat COE only pay 1/3 of the bid price should they decide to use it on a motorcycle instead of any class of 4-wheeler.

Given the rational and logical interpretation of this "advance" policy, i believe the ultimate outcome of the bike COE is to hit 1/3 of the current 4 wheeler price (Cat A - I sincerely hope if its true). So don't hold your breath, and lets just wait for CAT D to climb to 20k++ before coming to a new standstill. Then everyone will bid both in the open cat and cat d since the price isn't going to change much, like the difference between Cat E and Cat B now which is 2k+.

Now, if you are really interested to add in the contentious factors of PRs or EP holders (on expat packages) owning a vehicle (whether 4 or 2 wheelers), you might be shock to know that some companies still include a transportation allowance to help offset the horrible circumstances we face.

But it really isn't their fault that the companies decided to extend this benefit.

Its not rocket science, gahmen wants more money, all those speed cams, TP hidden mobile cams, TP in civilian cars, few parking slots but lots of demarcated lines where you can't park, that's all revenue.

You need money to maintain the high pay of our ministers.

Its not rocket science, gahmen wants more money, all those speed cams, TP hidden mobile cams, TP in civilian cars, few parking slots but lots of demarcated lines where you can't park, that's all revenue.

You need money to maintain the high pay of our ministers.

Do not forget the cams that are set up to capture those who park illlegally. And now we have really advanced cams to capture high rise littering. So technologically advanced it can capture even a strand of hair. But when vehicle theft reported at carparks cctv not even capturing any footage. :cool:

Edited by duo

KRGT-1

Do not forget the cams that are set up to capture those who park illlegally. And now we have really advanced cams to capture high rise littering. So technologically advanced it can capture even a strand of hair. But when vehicle theft reported at carparks cctv not even capturing any footage. :cool:

Don't bank on technology. The cams on the roads can't even provide footage on vehicles. Tried to get a footage on a taxi cutting into my lane causing me to skid. IO say that stretch of road during the time camera won't see cos too far...zzz all sorts of weird reasons. Another fren made police report that a car was tailgating his bike dangerously, same thing, no footage cos too dark...camera not in range blah blah blah...

But when someone smears the gahmen's bad name, or do something that might hurt the reputation of selected few, JUSTICE is SWIFT AND DEADLY.

Don't bank on technology. The cams on the roads can't even provide footage on vehicles. Tried to get a footage on a taxi cutting into my lane causing me to skid. IO say that stretch of road during the time camera won't see cos too far...zzz all sorts of weird reasons. Another fren made police report that a car was tailgating his bike dangerously, same thing, no footage cos too dark...camera not in range blah blah blah...

But when someone smears the gahmen's bad name, or do something that might hurt the reputation of selected few, JUSTICE is SWIFT AND DEADLY.

Exactly. :cool:

KRGT-1

good luck to all of us... :(

Current Ride:

W650 Cafe Racer

FXSTC Softail Custom

TW200 Tracker

Zephyr ZII Custom

CB750K

CB400four

http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n166/sgstreetbiker/IMG_0627_zps0816850b.jpg

http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n166/sgstreetbiker/EBC0B2D1-5DB8-412B-BE85-D4E7DE4F0247-9859-000001DA1BB41B2E.jpg

I believe it will go even higher. Singaporeans are renowned as ATM for the government.

Still many people buying new bikes. That is the reason why the Coe can push until so high.

Current Ride:

W650 Cafe Racer

FXSTC Softail Custom

TW200 Tracker

Zephyr ZII Custom

CB750K

CB400four

http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n166/sgstreetbiker/IMG_0627_zps0816850b.jpg

http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n166/sgstreetbiker/EBC0B2D1-5DB8-412B-BE85-D4E7DE4F0247-9859-000001DA1BB41B2E.jpg

If only everyone uses the internet & this forum....

bikers have to be united.

We can do the conventional way, start calling our friends NOT to buy new bikes.

When friends link to friends, the information starts rolling....it becomes a change reaction.

Let's pass the message out.

Don't buy NEW bikes. No demand No supply

MY DREAM BIKE:

"A Product That Has Good Appearance is Also Good on the Inside" (1957)

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z284/yd72/honda450repair-1.jpg