SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Coe!!!!!!!!!!

agash1985

bikers have to be united.

We can do the conventional way, start calling our friends NOT to buy new bikes.

When friends link to friends, the information starts rolling....it becomes a change reaction.

Let's pass the message out.

Don't buy NEW bikes. No demand No supply

Wow bro. Steady.

Current Ride:

W650 Cafe Racer

FXSTC Softail Custom

TW200 Tracker

Zephyr ZII Custom

CB750K

CB400four

http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n166/sgstreetbiker/IMG_0627_zps0816850b.jpg

http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n166/sgstreetbiker/EBC0B2D1-5DB8-412B-BE85-D4E7DE4F0247-9859-000001DA1BB41B2E.jpg

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sorry, didnt make myself clear.

I mean, I know we can self bid. But after getting the coe, will any bike sellers out there entertain us and sell us a bike without COE (and use the COE we bif to register)

Liverpool revival has started....

I mean, I know we can self bid. But after getting the coe, will any bike sellers out there entertain us and sell us a bike without COE (and use the COE we bif to register)

Why not? Just buy from big company like HL or whatsoever. They will sell.

Current Ride:

W650 Cafe Racer

FXSTC Softail Custom

TW200 Tracker

Zephyr ZII Custom

CB750K

CB400four

http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n166/sgstreetbiker/EBC0B2D1-5DB8-412B-BE85-D4E7DE4F0247-9859-000001DA1BB41B2E.jpg

Yes they will sell....no reason why they wouldnt since technically they dont earn from the COE, and a sale is still a sale

When friends link to friends, the information starts rolling....it becomes a change reaction.

Screw that. Stop voting for PAP

Now already $6,801.

I don't know how much it will shoot up to when my ride is due for COE renewal in May next year.

If the COE for 3 months (Mar, Apr, May) next year are still hovering around $8K - $9K, I seriously don't know how I can afford to renew my COE sia... Sighz...

Honda Phantom TA200, FV5349A (19/04/2005 - 28/06/2006)

Honda Super 4 Vtec 1, FS6537H (28/06/2006 - 13/02/2007)

Yamaha FJR1300 ABS, FBB661H (13/02/2007 - 31/05/2008)

Honda VFR800 ABS, FBB 404 J (31/05/2008 - 15/08/2009)

ADIVA AD 200, FBD 36 C (15/08/2009 - 13/05/2010, 1430hrs)

Yamaha FZ6N, FBA 7274 B (13/05/2010, 1430hrs - 03/05/2016, 1840hrs)

Yamaha FZ8, FBF 61*9 T (07/05/2016, 1130hrs - )

Here's some news about bike COEs . Not sure whether or not to believe...

Anyway, the gist is:

The quota has been "draining out" over the years because, under the COE system, a percentage of deregistrations from each vehicle group has to be contributed to the open category. This means that when motorbikes are scrapped, we are contributing more to the car population.

Last year, a 48 per cent jump in cars was recorded from 10 years ago. Comparatively, the motorcycle population grew only 6 per cent over the same period. So we are suffering because even more people are buying new cars!

While there will be around 15 per cent more motorcycle COEs in the next quarter, experts predict that premiums will hit between $7,000 and $8,000 before softening. FAACK MY LIFE!!

Here's some news about bike COEs . Not sure whether or not to believe...

Anyway, the gist is:

The quota has been "draining out" over the years because, under the COE system, a percentage of deregistrations from each vehicle group has to be contributed to the open category. This means that when motorbikes are scrapped, we are contributing more to the car population.

Last year, a 48 per cent jump in cars was recorded from 10 years ago. Comparatively, the motorcycle population grew only 6 per cent over the same period. So we are suffering because even more people are buying new cars!

While there will be around 15 per cent more motorcycle COEs in the next quarter, experts predict that premiums will hit between $7,000 and $8,000 before softening. FAACK MY LIFE!!

All those loans are gonna bump up inflation even more thus screwing themselves over at the end, well they are all probably dead by then, next generation deal with it.

On the other hand statistics can always be adjusted to suit your objectives. The system no longer serves its intended purpose then.

Bro, there will always be people who take loans to buy.

becos they want one and a loan is the only way they can have one.

theres no stopping them.

The only way is to fix COE price and adjust annually base on gdp and/or inflation

http://img95.imageshack.us/img95/4128/demimoore2fi.jpg

I am very neutral in terms of political parties but you sound brainless when you say that

Perhaps it's that simple. I don't think circumventing the main cause will fix anything nor will we see any drastic change in political attitude anytime soon or change for that matter.

• 2 weeks later...

the result of the COE is largely ours to blame.

materialism, discontent, keeping up with the joneses, instant gratification, access to loans .....

sigh.......

Guess many people need to see the next big economic downturn to learn lesson.

the result of the COE is largely ours to blame.

materialism, discontent, keeping up with the joneses, instant gratification, access to loans .....

sigh.......

Guess many people need to see the next big economic downturn to learn lesson.

I'm actually not sure the discontentment come from those who are priced out of the market totally and cannot afford even the cheapest bike or come from those who can and will ultimately pay but not happy to do so cos we are used to the lower COE price levels.

I'm more concerned for those who are stuggling to survive even on their current 8/9 yr ride... what happens when their bike reach 10 yrs? even 2nd hand bikes prices are going up cos of the COE price trend... to this group of ppl, it is actually more affordable to either buy new thru the inhouse loans with insane interest rates cos no need to pay cash. life will be even tougher then.. but no choice cos the "cheaper option" of buying used is out of reach... unless they do it the illigal way of COI and these are usually the big bikes... not the B&B bikes.. sad, very sad... I really hope there is a way out for them

May 1st bidding, COE: $6,512. It came down some but .... still high for 2 wheeler

Yamaha Power Valve, Suzuki scrambler, Honda Scrambler (1992 - 1998)

Suzuki Swift : 2001 - 2003

Honda City : 2003 - 2011

Honda Civic VTI : 2011 - 2015

Suzuki Impulse GSX400V 2014 - 2017, extend till Oct 2022 (Scrap in Nov 2020) 😢

Honda Vezel : 2015 - Nov 2025

May 1st bidding, COE: $6,512. It came down some but .... still high for 2 wheeler

70 more bikes quota than last round but only drop 300. Zzz

Current Ride:

W650 Cafe Racer

FXSTC Softail Custom

TW200 Tracker

Zephyr ZII Custom

CB750K

CB400four

70 more bikes quota than last round but only drop 300. Zzz

looks like the number of bids also increase... dunnoe if can see how many are real demand at above 5k COE and how many jus play play bid afew hundred to get lucky

looks like the number of bids also increase... dunnoe if can see how many are real demand at above 5k COE and how many jus play play bid afew hundred to get lucky

U know how the system work in the first place?

Current Ride:

W650 Cafe Racer

FXSTC Softail Custom

TW200 Tracker

Zephyr ZII Custom

CB750K

CB400four

I'm actually not sure the discontentment come from those who are priced out of the market totally and cannot afford even the cheapest bike or come from those who can and will ultimately pay but not happy to do so cos we are used to the lower COE price levels.

I'm more concerned for those who are stuggling to survive even on their current 8/9 yr ride... what happens when their bike reach 10 yrs? even 2nd hand bikes prices are going up cos of the COE price trend... to this group of ppl, it is actually more affordable to either buy new thru the inhouse loans with insane interest rates cos no need to pay cash. life will be even tougher then.. but no choice cos the "cheaper option" of buying used is out of reach... unless they do it the illigal way of COI and these are usually the big bikes... not the B&B bikes.. sad, very sad... I really hope there is a way out for them

our COE system for bikes cant handle it, thats the problem.

it couldnt handle it for cars either.

for bikes, we can use a fixed tiered rate.

the more expensive the bike, the higher the COE as a percentage of the price.

COE to be pay in cash by buyer only.

for renewals of COE, a fixed price is determined per category.

it may be a bit drastic at first, but its drastic times now .

what to do...

thats life, its not a bed of roses and things dont always go our way or the right way for the matter.

just dont give up and muster on

the whole system is a spin off from the over arching belief of meritocracy. very simply put, you work hard -> you get money -> you can afford your bike. so why are COEs so expensive. because those who are "working the hardest", getting the most money, are the ones buying bikes now. sadly, this is how it is.