SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Latest Feb 2015 COE $5,540 that made the lower and middle income suffer more!

What is the reasonable price for a 10 years COE for motorcycle?  

165 members have voted

1. 1. What is the reasonable price for a 10 years COE for motorcycle?

• Below $2,000.00
    • $2,001.00 to $3,999.00
    • $4,000.00 and above

Bro dun have to lah:P I put up the poll is to know how is the respond since more than thousands had view this thread. Whether ppl care about it or just busybody and at the same time there is three option that may represent 2, 2A & 2B riders, some are riding a very basic bike and they do not wish to pay COE that is above the bike cost but some are not, so by voting you can tell.

I start to put the poll on 12/02/2015 which is 1,700 views. So if By 3000 views if there is not more than 100 votes then no point talking further as ppl dun care, then in future dun complaint and blame and blame!

Hahaahah! Anyway tks..really..for starting the poll!

Sieg Heil!!!Sieg Heil!!!Sieg Heil!!!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

U can't just use harsh words for those who vote high... Then this poll is pointless coz ppl use fear....

Its freedom of vote...

I full agreed :thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

beginner444 bro cool down ! Don't let your anger spoil the polling as you have to understand some buyer(s) are willing to pay high for COE, as they are planning to buy a bike that cost them $20Kor $30K or above $40K!

You can't simply make everyone agreed and follow with what you think, hope you will understand!

***Dear Bro/ Sis: Kindly advise don't state that don't vote for "RIGHT" during the Election because the COE is High! As voting is very personal and I believes we are old enough to see, think and understand what we want, by not voting "Right" and vote for "Left" do you think COE will go down immediately / infuture?

From these thousands of views in this thread, I believes the LTA authority is also looking at it! In Singapore we have the rights to express and feedback how we feel at the present COE situations but whether the Authority will take into consideration is another matter!

So lets have a open mind to see how the votes goes! I hope ppl who look at this thread can help to vote if are planing to buy a bike or renew your bike for another 5 or 10 years. Thanks

Edited by safe&ins

If u r using tapatalk pls use ur browser to vote...

Tapatalk cant see the poll

N yah lets see if ppl will chip in... This is just a poll... A click... If its too difficult then to move forward is even tough and will require more time n commitment...

If this poll fails to gather interest, then lets just forget it

Past to present rides

Honda nsr sp 150 pro arm

Honda super4 ver s - yamaha rxz 135

Honda cbr 600 rr

Suzuki hayabusa 1300 - yamaha cygnus 125 - yamaha lc135 spark

Aprilia sr max 300 I.e

http://p1.bikepics.com/2013/10/22/bikepics-2608839-full.jpg

I SUSPECT THAT 1 IS a you know who??? but sadly i see only 22. i guess many havent see this poll or many not interested.

Lets be more optimistic? Like me I think most are using Tapatalk hence could not see the poll. Had to use desktop then can see. Some will have the thinking that even if they voted it will not change things hence they could not be bothered. However you will never know until you do it. It might or might not change anything. No one will ever know unless you are from the future or have a working time machine. So every little bit counts. :cool:

KRGT-1

I want to ride my bicycle I want to ride my bike..I want to ride my bicycle I want to ride it where I like..

What about smaller bikes, majority will suffer more!

The point of the COE system is to price poorer people off the roads. There, I said it. That is the whole damn point. It is no doubt a shitty way to do it, but there it is. I think we know damn well the COE bubble for motorcycles will burst next year when elections are around the corner because the COE system might even be abolished a few months from then. Until then, try not to buy an overpriced 2nd hand bike, particularly from shops with their ludicrous prices.

Aiyah no choice lah...

Here talk there talk...

Who listens....

Ownself type here Ownself read here...

All talk too much...

This rise that rise...

Not happy go Riot ah start protesting...

No one will do that here coz all know how to talk...

Balls keep at home...

Our roads have been congested with many foreigners and foreign cars... E.g. Malaysian vehicles.

Thousands and thousands of bikes belongs to Malaysian registered plates...

Now McDonald delivery, KFC, Pizza Hut and many more are Malaysian vehicles..

Where I stay the newspaper man also rides a Malaysian registered kup to deliver the newspaper...

So who to blame when the Coe rises...

Partly the rider themselves coz when they purchase the bikes they want the delivery as early as possible and so the dealer bid higher Coe lah so can keep the promises of delivery...

Then we blame ourselves for letting the foreigners have our jobs...

One of the foreigners in the management then soon all the workers gonna be foreigners...

Then comes to the gahmen that sees the increase numbers of people taking license...

And the numbers of bikes sales...

So to make business of it is to increase the COE...

And after that increase also still people purchase bikes...

Some buy for the use of it...

Some buy to keep in the trend...

Some buy to show...

So there's so many reason for it...

Like I say we can bla bla bla about this and nothing will be change..

Price gonna still go up north...

Like it or not just pay and pay...

Change gahmen or leaders also the same...

They can say they will change this and that...

But truth is once you have power/money...

Who gives a **** to how much the people suffer...

Coz one way or another we singaporeans are too coward to make a change...

Just follow the crowd...

Ok the hard truth is

When ur bike is nearing coe expiry

Got choice to make...

Suck thumb renew coe. Which is the average. Which is high. Which really u have no control of

Or

Buy new bike. Try to ask/bid low coe. Luck if u can get...

But remember time is ticking.... We are so used to have a bike... Still need to buy... Still need to have....

So how?

Past to present rides

Honda nsr sp 150 pro arm

Honda cbr 600 rr

Aprilia sr max 300 I.e

Ok the hard truth is

When ur bike is nearing coe expiry

Got choice to make...

Suck thumb renew coe. Which is the average. Which is high. Which really u have no control of

Or

Buy new bike. Try to ask/bid low coe. Luck if u can get...

But remember time is ticking.... We are so used to have a bike... Still need to buy... Still need to have....

So how?

Those who really need a basic bike for transport and work will suffer from HIGH COE!

Just get a 2nd old basic bike. Sometimes we need to compromise.

Bikes Owned: LC125 RXZ135 GSXR400RP CB400VS CB400Spec2 SV650 02CBRF4i FZ1000 CBR929 05YZF-R6 CBR150 HondaSonic125 Yamaha_CygnusX125 KymcoGrandink_250 Hornet_250 04_Yamaha_Tmax Silverwing 400 FZ6_S2 GSXR600K7

Current bikes: NIL

Gear 4th

http://45.media.tumblr.com/f183dbd75b05df79cf6f77dba98d7339/tumblr_o1sqbk4h8Z1s5rcozo1_400.gif

Compromise on what? Yes man mentality wth

You mean if you cant afford or dont want to pay for ex COE, you also cant compromise.

Seriously? Then that's the best, take public save more...But shops need people like you who cannot compromise and live to the fullest.

I would rather wait, based on 20 years data, COE seldom exceed 1.5k. How come when COE is ex, everyone rush in and buy and hoping it will not drop?

Bikes Owned: LC125 RXZ135 GSXR400RP CB400VS CB400Spec2 SV650 02CBRF4i FZ1000 CBR929 05YZF-R6 CBR150 HondaSonic125 Yamaha_CygnusX125 KymcoGrandink_250 Hornet_250 04_Yamaha_Tmax Silverwing 400 FZ6_S2 GSXR600K7

Gear 4th

http://45.media.tumblr.com/f183dbd75b05df79cf6f77dba98d7339/tumblr_o1sqbk4h8Z1s5rcozo1_400.gif

Buying an old bike also means that the COE will expire soon and you'll still have to face the high COE prices. Singapore's population is not dropping anytime soon. The buses/MRT is not getting any cheaper, nor faster nor less crowded. It stands to reason that the demand for bikes and cars will not abate. Under the current COE system, the COE price will not drop unless something changes.

You mean if you cant afford or dont want to pay for ex COE, you also cant compromise.

Seriously? Then that's the best, take public save more...But shops need people like you who cannot compromise and live to the fullest.

I would rather wait, based on 20 years data, COE seldom exceed 1.5k. How come when COE is ex, everyone rush in and buy and hoping it will not drop?

Seriously, only 1 person here is using hash language.

Others are gentlemanly debating.

So lets not add fuel to small spark

Past to present rides

Honda nsr sp 150 pro arm

Honda cbr 600 rr

Aprilia sr max 300 I.e

A 30K bike without COE would have a 6k interest if its a 5 year loan

The same bike with COE would have a 7k interest if its the same length of loan.

1k over 5 years is hardly a profit for the bike shops.

There goes the shop earn from COE idea, they earn but not as much as you think.

LTA reaps 5k every bike sold, if 300 bikes were sold in this month, that's 150k per month.

What's ridiculous is 10k for a bike that costs 4k whole and could be used forever across the causeway. Machine price here for an LC135 is roughly 5k, plus COE would make it 10K, 10K is what a brand new S4 cost not so long ago. Lets not forget wages has been stagnant for years, they are still paying Mac riders 5 bucks an hour. Malaysians are probably laughing at us while Singaporeans are thinking they are rich cuz of the strong SGD vs RM.

Don't have to be lower income to suffer, most riders in the future will suffer because they might want a cheap affordable bike for commute. As far as the theory of controlling congestion, we all know that's Govt bullcrap, if they were interested in controlling congestion, might as well limit to household or do a ballot system rather than make people pay for it, even then, why ERP? Got COE why need ERP?. Bikes don't contribute to congestion, why decrease car COE but increase every other class?

Please staph it.

Edited by Jehuty

Buying an old bike also means that the COE will expire soon and you'll still have to face the high COE prices. Singapore's population is not dropping anytime soon. The buses/MRT is not getting any cheaper, nor faster nor less crowded. It stands to reason that the demand for bikes and cars will not abate. Under the current COE system, the COE price will not drop unless something changes.

Buying an old bike does not means COE is going to expire soon. I mean you can buy 5-7 years old bike that have some buffer to wait for the COE to drop. Like I mentioned, based on 20 years data, COE for motorcycle seldom exceed 1.5k. A short term surge doesnt mean anything. If I am not wrong, the time when COE is above 3k is 1997. If the demand dropped, COE will drop too.

Like I mentioned in the earlier replies if everyone can just bid COE, thing might be diff.

Gear 4th

Edited by hachi

Gear 4th

Double post............................

Edited by hachi

Gear 4th

As a matter of fact, small bike owner suffers under the current COE system, I rather they classified into 3 cat as well or according to the license that we are so familiar. It will separate from needy and speed demon, or someone in between who wants better road holding and speed.

Gear 4th

As a matter of fact, small bike owner suffers under the current COE system, I rather they classified into 3 cat as well or according to the license that we are so familiar. It will separate from needy and speed demon, or someone in between who wants better road holding and speed.

This i agree too. :thumb: