SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Discussion] Trips Related

Guest Anonymous

Hi guys.

Ill be riding up to Phuket , Ko Samui and Chaing Mai soon.

Leaving end of the months with my trusty CBR for second time. and my adventerous lovely babe.

Last time i ride without any preparations and was alone and suprisingly survived expect as minor fall in Pattaya Hillside.

Please input anything u wish to.

Anyone who want to join us ure welcome anytime

Trip date: 28 Oct - 5 November (9 days)

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Initally i set up a perfect plan for us young couples to enjoy the beach and sand but now its unpredictablle weather in Thailand . we will still enjoy things we wanted to do at the same time enjoy the god given nature along the way.

Sorry to bring back past memories wit us : but i wish Monklee with me right now. He will be ON anytime to ride with me anywhere. thats how passion in riding he is with his CBR. We miss u monk. :cry: :cry:

Originally posted by henRRy@Oct 14 2005, 08:12 PM

Initally i set up a perfect plan for us young couples to enjoy the beach and sand but now its unpredictablle weather in Thailand . we will still enjoy things we wanted to do at the same time enjoy the god given nature along the way.

Sorry to bring back past memories wit us : but i wish Monklee with me right now. He will be ON anytime to ride with me anywhere. thats how passion in riding he is with his CBR. We miss u monk. :cry: :cry:

woo nice plan~!~ wish i can go....

u can still ask monklee out mah~~ no??? :confused:

http://martymcfry.com/images/limpdick2.jpg

'01 - Honda Repsol

'03 - Honda Super Four VTec Spec II

'04 - Honda ST1100 Pan European

'05 - Yamaha FJR1300A (FAVORITE!! Best Ride ever!!)

'09 - Vespa GTS300 Super

'12 - Yamaha FZ1-N

Future - Kymco Downtown 350i, Xciting 400 or T-Max 530?

oh my... sorry to hear... may he rest in peace..... :pray:

http://martymcfry.com/images/limpdick2.jpg

'01 - Honda Repsol

'03 - Honda Super Four VTec Spec II

'04 - Honda ST1100 Pan European

'05 - Yamaha FJR1300A (FAVORITE!! Best Ride ever!!)

'09 - Vespa GTS300 Super

'12 - Yamaha FZ1-N

Future - Kymco Downtown 350i, Xciting 400 or T-Max 530?

Hi guys,

I need some experts idead and suggestion on my plan from Singapore - Hatyai- Chiang Mai - Phuket - Ko samui - Singapore.

Total days: 8 days

1. Is Chiang Mai road safe to ride ? hows the road condition?

2. Any recomendation for hotels in Bangkok from ur experience with secured parking lots?

3. I will take the east coast way from bangkok to Donpak to surat Thani. any other way?

4. Hows the weather there on end of oct to start of nov?

thanks lot.

Originally posted by henRRy@Oct 15 2005, 11:06 AM

Hi guys,

I need some experts idead and suggestion on my plan from Singapore - Hatyai- Chiang Mai - Phuket - Ko samui - Singapore.

Total days: 8 days

1. Is Chiang Mai road safe to ride ? hows the road condition?

2. Any recomendation for hotels in Bangkok from ur experience with secured parking lots?

3. I will take the east coast way from bangkok to Donpak to surat Thani. any other way?

4. Hows the weather there on end of oct to start of nov?

thanks lot.

I'm actually quite curious, can u covered the entire trip in 8 days? probably can, if u stay at each place for only 1 night.

by the way, the pic that you show, looks exactly like my bike!! Nice Pic!

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e73/ChrisCheong8800/TMAX-3.jpg

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e73/ChrisCheong8800/DSC_3871-1.jpg

'Old ladies in the Midwestern US...now have to pay higher taxes to finance...Wall Street's Maseratis. That's horribly immoral - and bad economics.'

Jim Rogers-19/20/08

Originally posted by n@kan0@Oct 15 2005, 05:34 PM

I'm actually quite curious, can u covered the entire trip in 8 days? probably can, if u stay at each place for only 1 night.

by the way, the pic that you show, looks exactly like my bike!! Nice Pic!

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Hi, thanks for your sugestion.

agree 8 days may be short. but i might just drop at Phuket. Kata Beach or Ko Samui.

How abt weather in Ko Samui? i get so many different answers everytime.

Over Vt forum they said its just a short downpour in early morning or late night.

some say sucky weather all while long. which is true?

any other website to boook last minute acomodayion online apart from latestay.com ?

• 3 weeks later...

krabi town nothing much..... go to ao nang beach, more touristic there plus got beach and seasports. get a hotel at any of the travel agent booths there via coupon, its cheaper than walking in to hotel to check in. hotel price generally around 500B, approx S$20.

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c349/pauche/rossivspauche.jpg

Originally posted by kktan@Nov 8 2005, 04:44 PM

since it is a family outing . i have to make sure hotel must at least 4 stars. got infant somemore/. not like those days when i was single.. can go enywhere without planning. somemore cny period. sekali no hotel how?? sleep at ao nang beach??

try this or this.

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c349/pauche/rossivspauche.jpg

i recomend u this particular hotelnames

CAFE PURQUOII DOWNUNDER. Me and my gf stay there during my recent ride. i must say they treat us like their own child. The owners are locals and a ang mo by name of John. They re very friendly , super highly recomended.

The price there varies. Min THB800 for a Hotel night. Suite at THB1400 But during CNY price might varies.

Have fun. here is the sunset pics from AO NANG beach , roof top from the above mentioned hotel. Taken in Nikon D80.

http://img480.imageshack.us/img480/2159/sunset15ny.th.jpg

Originally posted by kktan@Nov 8 2005, 09:00 PM

thanks henry.

u have the phone and address to that place?? is it on ao nang beach??

yes!

Cafe Purquoi Downunder

141 Moo 3, Hadnoppatara Rd, Ao Nang , krabi.

Tel: 075 637 588.

pls update me on their cats " phre "

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest ZZR-Pilot

New equipment spotted mounted outside Burger King at restoran jejantas Sg Buloh. I expect the same stuff in Ayer Keroh, at least (similar overhead-style restaurants)... although it's likely that unmanned radar gun deployment may be far more widespread along the North-South highway.

It ain't no longer the poor sod hiding behind the flyover pillars, gentlemen! So be careful when trying to break the land speed record yah...

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c173/azharjer/IMAGE_01.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

i having leave on 1-16 April 2006. 16 days leave like this really hard to come by so am thinking of riding through thailand to other countries. with 16 days in hand i am thinking of including myamar, cambodia, vietmam & even cross over into china :cheer:

my plan is to join the group going for the "6D/5N Phuket Bike Week + Songkran Festival '06" then will leave the group on the 3rd day towards myamar. by the 6th day head for cambodia. on the 9th day will head for vietmam & will leave for Singapore on on the 12th day.

i need buddies/kakis to make it happen. looking for all riding cl2a/2 that is interested. all ride, race, religion, sex, age... basically any body :cheeky:

1991-Katana125 1992-GN125 1993-Terminator250 1995-Intruder400 1996-ZX-7RRP1 & Charade1L 1996-Vulcan800 1998-Accent1.5L 2001-CorollaXLI 2002-TDM900 2005-Phamton150 2006-FJR1300 2007-KLE500 & WRX JDM 2010-Spark135 & Legacy GT 2012-Focus SW & Sylphy 2015-V Strom 650XT & D Tracker, 2016-Cross Country & RS4 125, 2017-Moto Guzzi V7ii Stone