SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Group] Honda CBF150 (战鹰/FightHawk)

Simmz

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all,

just to share. i filled full tank of Vpower previously.

was able to get 446km before changing to Reserve.

conservative rider here, normally 60-80km/h.

anyone knows how many litres of petrol is left in the tank,

once we change to Reserve?

thanks!

2.4 to 2.6 estimate, good for at least 75km min

Monster Energy......CBF150........

"'Chances Favored The Prepared Mind"

"Your Ambition outweighs Your Talent!"

I need a new set of tyres.

you guys know anywhere that i can get it cheap and good??

if you are interested, I'll be at UM today for at least half a day, call me at 91837105 if you want to meet up.

Generally, prepare to spend anything between $150 to $200, anything cheaper than that, I suggest to increase your insurance coverage.

You can try at UM, they are having a closing down sale. Or the best place is at LAB, good tyres at low prices but beware he can sometimes convince by selling you cheap tyres and say that they are good ones.

Also, try to stay away from brands like Shinko, IRC, Metzeller and Pirelli, these are makers of big bike tyres, small bikes tyres are not very good.

Recommended and tested would be Bridgestone BT45 and Michellin Pilot Sporty

Sizes

Front : 90/90/18

Rear : 100/90/18

:dot:TRUST is good,CONTROL is better,

ever heard of MECHANICAL FAILURE?:help:

if you are interested, I'll be at UM today for at least half a day, call me at 91837105 if you want to meet up.

Generally, prepare to spend anything between $150 to $200, anything cheaper than that, I suggest to increase your insurance coverage.

You can try at UM, they are having a closing down sale. Or the best place is at LAB, good tyres at low prices but beware he can sometimes convince by selling you cheap tyres and say that they are good ones.

Also, try to stay away from brands like Shinko, IRC, Metzeller and Pirelli, these are makers of big bike tyres, small bikes tyres are not very good.

Recommended and tested would be Bridgestone BT45 and Michellin Pilot Sporty

Sizes

Front : 90/90/18

Rear : 100/90/18

great info...thansks for sharing.

"Doing nothing is better than being busy doing nothing"

2.4 to 2.6 estimate, good for at least 75km min

Thanks bro! :thumb:

dat wld give me some confidence to reach JB and topup again.

any1 would like to share their best fulltank mileage?

cheers! :cheers:

Because of him the lame walked briskly,

And the songless through him burst into melody.

//////////////////Algazel (1111AD)//////////////////

best know mileage is by Merboy, if not mistaken, he hit about 450 to 460 on main tank before reserve. Basically, very conservative riding, like you 60 to 80 km/h, also flip up gears early.

Generally, former big bike riders tend to pull each gear a little longer before reaching the efficient speed of 80 km/h for this bike. Once you start running at 90 km/h and above, fuel efficiency is at rock bottom.

Personally, I can only achieve about 380 to 400 km per full tank. I guess its my riding style of 90 km/h above and also not to mention the additional weight of my 3 boxes and my 90 kg weight.

Oh yah. Let me check with my sis-in-law from philipines. Thery attach a honda 145cc to a tricycle can carry one whole family and the kitchen sink. They have some kind of suspension booster for the fork. But that one look like abit overkill. But will ask cause these parts very cheap in the phillipines. If can work, can open business sia...

I used to have an uncle from Philippines who worked in SG for a few years, These guys are damn good at studying how things work and modifying them.

They can actually build their own home made cars. We in SG, astonish ourselves when we make home made soy bean drink.

The company that he worked with saves tons of money salvaging engines and machines. In the end, no pay rise, typical SG bosses, so no choice, he left SG for PH.

my Best so far....480KM...goin at a standard rate of 90km/h

if goin at ur speed....i think can go more....and i used EP-1 combination with Nano-Balls catalysts.

:thumb: LIVE TO RIDE.........RIDE TO LIVE LONGER.....JOY is BMW :thumb:

Disaster ride : Piaggio ><8

Ne><t ride : HONDA CBF150

Current ride : BMW GTS

Future ride : HONDA CBF1000

I used to have an uncle from Philippines who worked in SG for a few years, These guys are damn good at studying how things work and modifying them.

They can actually build their own home made cars. We in SG, astonish ourselves when we make home made soy bean drink.

The company that he worked with saves tons of money salvaging engines and machines. In the end, no pay rise, typical SG bosses, so no choice, he left SG for PH

piss off with my front forks too soft! Getting from bad to worse! Gonna do something this weekend!....So guys how is it wanna join for a Flight Hawk?...

RIDE for Charity Family and for Life

Any more to join? Wertdevirus, pls invite other group of rider's to join us.

The more rider's are more happening.:)

Hi Guy, there some change for this trip will be on 24 April 2010 (Saturday), kindly reply to 83668046 to count rider.

Sorry for this inconvenience.

Year 2002 Honda Phantom 200cc FV9617A

Year 2005 Honda S400 Version S FQ6607A

Year 2006 Honda CBR919 FR4349C

Year 2009 Honda CBF150

Future Bike Honda ST1300:)

best know mileage is by Merboy, if not mistaken, he hit about 450 to 460 on main tank before reserve. Basically, very conservative riding, like you 60 to 80 km/h, also flip up gears early.

Generally, former big bike riders tend to pull each gear a little longer before reaching the efficient speed of 80 km/h for this bike. Once you start running at 90 km/h and above, fuel efficiency is at rock bottom.

Personally, I can only achieve about 380 to 400 km per full tank. I guess its my riding style of 90 km/h above and also not to mention the additional weight of my 3 boxes and my 90 kg weight.

Thanks bro, hope to be in the same league as Merboy. hehehee

i went in JB on Mon at 4pm, distance covered was 517km and able to fill up petrol to 12litres.

Assuming a mileage of 40km per litre, i should b able to hit 550km on a full tank. :angel:

cheers!

my Best so far....480KM...goin at a standard rate of 90km/h

if goin at ur speed....i think can go more....and i used EP-1 combination with Nano-Balls catalysts.

dat's gd dat u can achieve 480km at a speed of 90km/h. :thumb:

i supposed the EP-1 did help. :cheers:

c if i can hit 480km next time round w/o EP1 but w Vpower. :angel:

cheers!

The company that he worked with saves tons of money salvaging engines and machines. In the end, no pay rise, typical SG bosses, so no choice, he left SG for PH

piss off with my front forks too soft! Getting from bad to worse! Gonna do something this weekend!....So guys how is it wanna join for a Flight Hawk?...

Bro, I am surprise this bike has been in the market for this long, and such major concern (to me at least) seem to going on as if it doesn't exist. With good reasonable priced and better suspension, this bike can be a really solid budget commuter. This one really need to ask around. I believe by now someone without an Internet must already got some kind of solution. need to talk around with mechs and riders.

Bro, I am surprise this bike has been in the market for this long, and such major concern (to me at least) seem to going on as if it doesn't exist. With good reasonable priced and better suspension, this bike can be a really solid budget commuter. This one really need to ask around. I believe by now someone without an Internet must already got some kind of solution. need to talk around with mechs and riders.

the last time i spoke to Boon Siew abt these concerns, they told me that nobody else complaint.

Also, asked our fellow forumers to join in and order custom made spring at about $100 per pair, if more we can lower the price , but suddenly nobody is having a prob.

Basically, that's the story.

I guess if our bikes were in the class of a popular race or touring bike, there will be alot of more enthusiasm. just look at yamaha spark 135, there are Ohlins suspension and Yoshimura exhaust( from Japan not Thailand)

Popularity is what we made it to be. You're absolutely right, this is a good bike, with simple solutions to rectify minor problems, this good bike will be a great bike. It is just too bad that the bike was made in China and not common is other countries except Turkey, Hong Kong, India and of course Singapore.

Rest assured, there are still some of else in search of such solutions.

Din Beramboi

Bobbyyankee

Edited by Biposto

the last time i spoke to Boon Siew abt these concerns, they told me that nobody else complaint.

Also, asked our fellow forumers to join in and order custom made spring at about $100 per pair, if more we can lower the price , but suddenly nobody is having a prob.

Basically, that's the story.

I guess if our bikes were in the class of a popular race or touring bike, there will be alot of more enthusiasm. just look at yamaha spark 135, there are Ohlins suspension and Yoshimura exhaust( from Japan not Thailand)

Popularity is what we made it to be. You're absolutely right, this is a good bike, with simple solutions to rectify minor problems, this good bike will be a great bike. It is just too bad that the bike was made in China and not common is other countries except Turkey, Hong Kong, India and of course Singapore.

Rest assured, there are still some of else in search of such solutions.

Din Beramboi

Bobbyyankee

Thanks. For the $100 spring are the results proven?

Thanks. For the $100 spring are the results proven?

technically it should work, cos my experimenting with different grade and volume of fork oil, didn't have a lasting effect.

Cos during the project we observed that the spring was long and was 80% precompressed. Therefore, if we can get a spring that can that a heavier load, we should be headed the right direction.

technically it should work, cos my experimenting with different grade and volume of fork oil, didn't have a lasting effect.

Cos during the project we observed that the spring was long and was 80% precompressed. Therefore, if we can get a spring that can that a heavier load, we should be headed the right direction.

Great effort. Personally, I will be interested if someone who has had serious misgivings of the stock set-up e.g you, me and the other gents you mentioned have actually tried it out and can vouch for its lasting improvements. That voice will move this forward with the other bystanders and fence sitters as well, IMO. Thanks.

thank for your comment.:cheeky: