SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Group] Honda CBF150 (战鹰/FightHawk)

Simmz

u from sp?

Yup. From SP, where all the teenagers ride cool sports bike except me... Ha, i ride a bike with good FC. =D

Why? Lol, would be nice if u're a lecturer there... can pull strings... haha.

Anyway in SP very few CBF riders.. only seen 2 CBFs around... 1 is a female rider and another if im not wrong is a Indian man with full face-helmet...

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For those curious about the reliablility of the CBF 150, I'm very proud to say here that my wife had rode her CBF150 to Thailand and back. It took her 16 hours to ride back home at full throttle all the way, with rest stops every hour. Average speed was 95-105 km/h, spares she brought were throttle/clutch cable, clutch plates and clutch housing gasket, plugs... the bike ate up about 50ml of engine oil for about every 500km of full throttle. Before the trip, the bike already had 26k km mileage.

It has taken her to Cameron Highlands and Genting Highlands also.

What can I say man.Fantastic Bike. Reliable Block.

Anybody interested in a CBF150 adventure group?

Wahs... your wife damn cool... :gun:

Lol, i dun even dare ride into malaysia...

Real Brave i'd say. But i guess u're driving a car infont of her or smth?

Cool Cool. What is the total distance from SG all they way to thailand? 1680km?

Dear CBF Riders.....Our Thread May NOT be as active as other threads.....nor we are minorities on the road.....y not meet up ....if we could......this Saturday Evening @ Marina Barrage.....7-7:30pm juz chat up and enjoy the scenery.....im UPS for this saturday.....interested riders....do sms me @ 91029720.....Cheers....

:thumb: LIVE TO RIDE.........RIDE TO LIVE LONGER.....JOY is BMW :thumb:

Disaster ride : Piaggio ><8

Ne><t ride : HONDA CBF150

Current ride : BMW GTS

Future ride : HONDA CBF1000

Guys....Im Looking into making OUR own CBF Decal/Stickers.....for Our Helmets or bikes.....so dat easier for us to acknowledge if we happen to ride side by side in public....sad to say we still dunno who is who in this small Thread Of ours.....

those ever meet up....and those dun bother to meet up.....u know who u are.....ekekek

ok colours available will be in BLACK.....RED and BLUE.....it Will be Deflective stickers....Safe for Night RiDing......ANy Ideas Or Design on the Stickers......do Sketch it up and post Link in here for all to see.....

Design as Follows CBFightHawkZ Or FightHawkZ .Once Design agreed by all Active Thread Riders in Here.....StickErsz Will be Processed In 2 Weeks time.....Priced TBC......

Hope no Objections to These....Cheers...

Wahs... your wife damn cool... :gun:

Lol, i dun even dare ride into malaysia...

Real Brave i'd say. But i guess u're driving a car infont of her or smth?

Cool Cool. What is the total distance from SG all they way to thailand? 1680km?

No i was riding my kymco grand dink 150 with her. we went with the kymco scooter group, and we had to keep up with the 250cc dinks and 300/500cc Xcitings. and Downtowns. coz of our limited top speed compared to the bigger bikes, we had to have shorter rest breaks. reached later than them, left earlier than them. The trip distance was about about 800km plus one way. There were no backup cars or vehicles. just some spares and 2 kymco qualified mechs riding on their own dinks.

DSCN4511a.jpg

DSCN4473a.jpg

hi..

anyone have problems with the front light? my original bulb blown, change to another bulb(the cylinder looking kind of bulb) not very lasting. abt 1 week+ blown already

mine one blown within 4 months when i get my new bike, never detected it till i am at boon siew for servicing, they ask me if i want to change., it cost about 25 dollars for the honda original made in japan bulb, till now no problem.

Monster Energy......CBF150........

"'Chances Favored The Prepared Mind"

"Your Ambition outweighs Your Talent!"

Guys....Im Looking into making OUR own CBF Decal/Stickers.....for Our Helmets or bikes.....so dat easier for us to acknowledge if we happen to ride side by side in public....sad to say we still dunno who is who in this small Thread Of ours.....

those ever meet up....and those dun bother to meet up.....u know who u are.....ekekek

ok colours available will be in BLACK.....RED and BLUE.....it Will be Deflective stickers....Safe for Night RiDing......ANy Ideas Or Design on the Stickers......do Sketch it up and post Link in here for all to see.....

Design as Follows CBFightHawkZ Or FightHawkZ .Once Design agreed by all Active Thread Riders in Here.....StickErsz Will be Processed In 2 Weeks time.....Priced TBC......

Hope no Objections to These....Cheers...

I'm lousy with designs, but you know you all have my support for anything. Count me in once design, artwork is finalised.

:dot:TRUST is good,CONTROL is better,

ever heard of MECHANICAL FAILURE?:help:

No i was riding my kymco grand dink 150 with her. we went with the kymco scooter group, and we had to keep up with the 250cc dinks and 300/500cc Xcitings. and Downtowns. coz of our limited top speed compared to the bigger bikes, we had to have shorter rest breaks. reached later than them, left earlier than them. The trip distance was about about 800km plus one way. There were no backup cars or vehicles. just some spares and 2 kymco qualified mechs riding on their own dinks.

looks like you had great fun on the trip, care to share some things about the CBF that your wife rode for the trip. Any modification done? or bike was stock? would appreciate any input.

i just bought CBF150 this noon and subject to available to ride tomorrow noon.

anyone can help me to tell me any thing needed to change n checked?

how far this bike can go per litre?

any secret of maintaining it?

Firstly....congrats to your Brand New CBF....welcome to the family Bro!!

once get ur bike....immediately change ur EO

Recommended Agip's or BeLraY GOLD....my personal choice.

.....run in ur bike at 70-80km/h for at least 800-1000km

.....if u got extra cash....change both ur stock tyres immediately.....

Recommended BRIDGESTONE BT-45 or PIRELLI CITY DEMON.

.....add Nano-Balls or BroQuet to minimise ur FC -Optional

And Lastly.....Ride Safe!!!

1) wertdeviruz / Hougang / 91029720 / Black / KillerBee

(2) Biposto / Jurong West / 91837105 / Red

(3) pikapika / AMK / 94887775 / Red

(4) Merboy / Jurong / 91443996 / Black / Winnie The Pooh

(5) HondaLoyal / Serangoon / 81191469 / Black

(6) ladder4949 / Upper East Coast / 82232817 / Red

(7) superdaddyshun / Telok Blangah / 97834687 / Black

(8) R3sshin / Hougang / Confidential / Black with gold exhaust casing

(9) rookie517 / Hougang / 94888993 / Red

(10) runningnosejoe / Serangoon North / Confidential / Red

(11) theforce / AMK / 96873433 / Blue

(12) Cardtac09 / Choa Chu Kang / Confidential / Black

(13) ah_pug / Sengkang / Confidential / Black

(14) LXY / Serangoon North / Confidential / Black

(15) prolink / Pasir Ris / 98274580 / Blue

(16) tionghai / Jurong West / 94318348 / Blue

(17) CBR_1000 / Jurong West / Confidential / Black with blue box

(18) wakdin /

(19) LuRving /

(20) Mr.Cheong /

(21) maobin /

(22) anwarhadi /

(23) mohdamin78 /

(24) tyco_5009 /

(25) NobIvoj /

Edited by wertdeviruz

looks like you had great fun on the trip, care to share some things about the CBF that your wife rode for the trip. Any modification done? or bike was stock? would appreciate any input.

Changed the handlebar and clamps for lower ride posture and wider control. Changed front sprocket to up one tooth from stock (forgot the size).

The rest is stock.

Currently in the phase of modding airbox and installing bigger carb jet. also customizing a new header for a spare supertrapp exhaust that i have. Of course i'd only use that during trips. This mod will result in more top end horsepower for highway overtaking. but will result in lesser low end torque for steep uphills.

some ppl ask me why mod so much, just buy a bigger bike la...

Well I still feel that its more fun riding a small bike fast than riding a big bike slow! CBF150 bikers! Stand proud! its the rider and the ride!

Have wheels will travel!

Changed the handlebar and clamps for lower ride posture and wider control. Changed front sprocket to up one tooth from stock (forgot the size).

The rest is stock.

Currently in the phase of modding airbox and installing bigger carb jet. also customizing a new header for a spare supertrapp exhaust that i have. Of course i'd only use that during trips. This mod will result in more top end horsepower for highway overtaking. but will result in lesser low end torque for steep uphills.

some ppl ask me why mod so much, just buy a bigger bike la...

Well I still feel that its more fun riding a small bike fast than riding a big bike slow! CBF150 bikers! Stand proud! its the rider and the ride!

Have wheels will travel!

thanks for the input, sorry to trouble you but do you have any pics of your handle bar and clamps mod?

Care to meet up with our small group one of these days?

Totally agree with your concept of modification to small bike

unfortunately any form of modifications for the CBF have to be specially made. There are few mechanics who want to do this.

when you up the front sprocket what was the diff you felt?

Edited by Biposto

This is how the bars look like. I DIYed so the cost required was all only for parts. roughly 70 for 2 sets of extensions and 30 for the aluminium handlebar. The chrome stuff are the bar clamp extensions. I wanted the bar to be shorter in width but couldn't cut it down too much because space had to be accommodated as when in full turn the levers will contact the wind shield or contacting the tank. soto avoid this prob i had to follow a minimum height and width requirement when doing this mod. Becoz of the limited space you have between the petrol tank and the wind shield, The concept you have to keep in mind is that if you go lower your bar has to be wider.

Its a hell lot firmer than the stock bar. The ride posture will be lower and less taxing on the rider's back as he/she goes through wind slapping.

This is the current setup i have now

DSCN4829bars.jpg

Edited by NobIvoj

This was the previous setup I had before. One set of bar clamp extensions and one honda ta150 stock handlebar. This one has a lower ride height and shorter bar width as the geometry of the handlebar is like at a sweeping angle toward the up and toward the rider. So i used the bar clamp extension to raise bar position forward and higher while i tilt the bar backwards.

The only setback was that the rider's wrist would have to be very acustomed to the funny grip angle(very sweeping back) due the the bar's geometry. The wrists would be twisted outwards.

Once you try to lower the handlebar, you won't feel any 'ahpeh' feeling of the bike anymore. and you will immediately find out that the geometry and weight distribution and suspension setup, coupled with your new lowered riding height, its really fantastic cornering machine. if you have the right tires.

DSCN4155bar.jpg

Care to meet up with our small group one of these days?

when you up the front sprocket what was the diff you felt?

Gearing stretched further apart. Lower rpm during high speeds. Have to be more selective with gears as powerband has lesser overlapping through the gears.

I dun mind a meet up to share experiences, and of course, RIDE!

This is how the bars look like. I DIYed so the cost required was all only for parts. roughly 70 for 2 sets of extensions and 30 for the aluminium handlebar. The chrome stuff are the bar clamp extensions. I wanted the bar to be shorter in width but couldn't cut it down too much because space had to be accommodated as when in full turn the levers will contact the wind shield or contacting the tank. soto avoid this prob i had to follow a minimum height and width requirement when doing this mod. Becoz of the limited space you have between the petrol tank and the wind shield, The concept you have to keep in mind is that if you go lower your bar has to be wider.

Its a hell lot firmer than the stock bar. The ride posture will be lower and less taxing on the rider's back as he/she goes through wind slapping.

Thanks for sharing, went out today shopping for a handle bar found a pro taper and TAG bar with high rise but I like the extension that you have, they are straight up and fits normal bar size. gave up the idea temporarily because I customised a bracket to fir onto the clamps. Installing a bar similar to your setup would mean giving up that bracket and making another one, at a cost of $80, so temp storage of idea.

Gearing stretched further apart. Lower rpm during high speeds. Have to be more selective with gears as powerband has lesser overlapping through the gears.

personally i tried changing the rear sprocket from stock (42) down to 40 but the power and top speed suffer. So I went upwards 43 teeth, pickup was poor but the bike seemed smooth on the run.

I might try your combination of stock rear and up the front probably head down to malaysia tomo to change some cheap sprocket to try out the combi.

Out of curiosity, which area are you from? most of our riders are from the eastern or northern side. Except for me and Merboy are from the west side

it is great to hear that there are people like yourself who would take the trouble to improve this bike. I too feel that the bike is under rated as a ahpeh bike. Personally, I feel that the CBF is one of the better looking bikes around amongst 2b semi naked bikes.

it is great to hear that there are people like yourself who would take the trouble to improve this bike. I too feel that the bike is under rated as a ahpeh bike. Personally, I feel that the CBF is one of the better looking bikes around amongst 2b semi naked bikes.

We should meet up, I can show what a stock CBF150 is capable of(can't be found in youtube) hehe. anyway I stay south. near town.

I always play with front sprockets for any bike coz Its cheaper by product cost and It can be easily DIYed. Rear sprocket must take out rear wheel, and more ex since there's more material needed to produce a rear sprocket.

isnt the handle bar looks quite high and wide?......thats how i assume viewing it from ur pict angle.....your ekstensions holding ur handlebar is quite high.....idea is good.....as u said its lowered?.....i cant see bro.....it now as if im looking at Varadero 125 concept.....hmmmm.....must meet up.

I've pasted a translucent image of a stock CBF150 against mine, and marked out the handles. mod is mine and stock is well,er... stock.

I took out the stock bars because if you twist it downwards, It also twists towards you, which means your bar will be lower BUT also be closer to you. That would be nice, if you had shorter arms, but not forgetting that closer to you also means further away from the axis of the front wheel. it feels a little like riding a chopper with the wheel out far front. I use the clamp extensions because they are angled at 45 degrees. with 2 sets, I can rotate and get the rise angles i want.

Our CBF150s have fat 90degree tank fairings which come close to contact with the bended metal sections of our throttle and clutch cable. lowering the bar too close to ourselves will result in that knocking the tank edges. lowering the bar AWAY from ourselves will result in both levers knocking the side of the head wind shield.

Easy as it is, Its a very sensitive to-do modification. CBF150 does not have cut-in areas like sportbikes to accommodate the handlebars.

Gentlemen, we have a situation here!

DSCN4644abar.jpg