SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Group] Honda CBF150 (战鹰/FightHawk)

Simmz

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We should meet up, I can show what a stock CBF150 is capable of(can't be found in youtube) hehe. anyway I stay south. near town.

I always play with front sprockets for any bike coz Its cheaper by product cost and It can be easily DIYed. Rear sprocket must take out rear wheel, and more ex since there's more material needed to produce a rear sprocket.

will be free til this wed evenings after that will be going for a surgery and could be out of action for at lest 2 weeks to a month. Call me at 91837105 if you are free on any of these days.

:dot:TRUST is good,CONTROL is better,

ever heard of MECHANICAL FAILURE?:help:

I've pasted a translucent image of a stock CBF150 against mine, and marked out the handles. mod is mine and stock is well,er... stock.

I took out the stock bars because if you twist it downwards, It also twists towards you, which means your bar will be lower BUT also be closer to you. That would be nice, if you had shorter arms, but not forgetting that closer to you also means further away from the axis of the front wheel. it feels a little like riding a chopper with the wheel out far front. I use the clamp extensions because they are angled at 45 degrees. with 2 sets, I can rotate and get the rise angles i want.

Our CBF150s have fat 90degree tank fairings which come close to contact with the bended metal sections of our throttle and clutch cable. lowering the bar too close to ourselves will result in that knocking the tank edges. lowering the bar AWAY from ourselves will result in both levers knocking the side of the head wind shield.

Easy as it is, Its a very sensitive to-do modification. CBF150 does not have cut-in areas like sportbikes to accommodate the handlebars.

Gentlemen, we have a situation here!

O.O... just wondering bro... how much hav u spent grooming your bike?

O.O... just wondering bro... how much hav u spent grooming your bike?

I DIYed so the cost required was all only for parts. roughly 70 for 2 sets of extensions and 30 for the aluminium handlebar. And extra cost for balancers too. That bar mod is not for looks so it ain't really grooming...

1) wertdeviruz / Hougang / 91029720 / Black / KillerBee

(2) Biposto / Jurong West / 91837105 / Red

(3) pikapika / AMK / 94887775 / Red

(4) Merboy / Jurong / 91443996 / Black / Winnie The Pooh

(5) HondaLoyal / Serangoon / 81191469 / Black

(6) ladder4949 / Upper East Coast / 82232817 / Red

(7) superdaddyshun / Telok Blangah / 97834687 / Black

(8) R3sshin / Hougang / Confidential / Black with gold exhaust casing

(9) rookie517 / Hougang / 94888993 / Red

(10) runningnosejoe / Serangoon North / Confidential / Red

(11) theforce / AMK / 96873433 / Blue

(12) Cardtac09 / Choa Chu Kang / Confidential / Black

(13) ah_pug / Sengkang / Confidential / Black

(14) LXY / Serangoon North / Confidential / Black

(15) prolink / Pasir Ris / 98274580 / Blue

(16) tionghai / Jurong West / 94318348 / Blue

(17) CBR_1000 / Jurong West / Confidential / Black with blue box

(18) wakdin /

(19) LuRving /

(20) Mr.Cheong /

(21) maobin /

(22) anwarhadi /

(23) mohdamin78 /

(24) tyco_5009 /

(25) NobIvoj /

bro you forgot me on the list haha!

RIDE for Charity Family and for Life

Firstly....congrats to your Brand New CBF....welcome to the family Bro!!

once get ur bike....immediately change ur EO

Recommended Agip's or BeLraY GOLD....my personal choice.

.....run in ur bike at 70-80km/h for at least 800-1000km

.....if u got extra cash....change both ur stock tyres immediately.....

Recommended BRIDGESTONE BT-45 or PIRELLI CITY DEMON.

.....add Nano-Balls or BroQuet to minimise ur FC -Optional

And Lastly.....Ride Safe!!!

where can i change all this and how much in total ($)?

where can i change all this and how much in total ($)?

we could recommend you places to go but it would be best to do some ground work of visiting shops and asking prices. Generally, we visit a place called unique motors at defu lane.

Tyres cost about $110 per pair

tyre is the first thing i changed!

critical items.

totally agree with you, first thing i changed was my tyres after the running period of 1000km, actually that was the second thing that i changed.

The first thing that i changed was the engine oil just after 200km. Because i suspected the grade of oil that they use was similar to "cooking oil"

I believe the initial running in of the bike, can not be stingy with money. Engine oil costs about $8 to $24 for a mineral base to full synthetic.

I was using mineral based at abt $8 and changed at every 500km for the first 2000 km, thereafter change to semi synthetic for every 1000km.

Due to the nature of our bike being air cooled, the tendency for the oil level to drop is high but normal. So to put our minds at ease just change oil at every 1000km to ensure optimum oil level for smooth operation.

thanks anyway, cool colours

how long youve been riding this bike?...wats the pro and cons mind to share?...for me its wat i called too relax bike...sometimes feels boring riding it hehe!...maybe not fast enough for me...seeing other bikes overtake me im quite jealous...wat to i bought this bike due to the FC...hehe...anyway just change my tyres (metzeler) and change my EO (mobil Racing fully syn)...:cheers:

how long youve been riding this bike?

Been riding this bike for abt 18mths now

"wats the pro and cons mind to share?"

Pros, definitely its FC, if you're carrying a pillion its a much for comfy ride for the pillion due to the length of the seat, frankly speaking, I think it is one of the better looking 2B bikes of its class around. Of course, some might say that the bajaj pulsar 200 is more sporty looking and I agree, almost bought it back then. But I didn't like the idea of one shop Universal holding the monopoly of sales and spares. I expected the prices to be cut throat prices and you want you buy attitude.

"for me its wat i called too relax bike...sometimes feels boring riding it hehe!...maybe not fast enough for me...seeing other bikes overtake me im quite jealous"

Trust me you would want the peace of mind, just think of it this way, the guy who overtook you at a higher speed might lose his license round the corner, if "uncle TP" was waiting for him. Trust me atfter riding for more then 13 years with the "i feel the need for speed attitude" and finally losing my license due excessive speeding and various other types of offences to a 5 year suspension, you would definitely wished that you had valued your license a little more.

"wat to i bought this bike due to the FC...hehe...anyway just change my tyres (metzeler) and change my EO (mobil Racing fully syn)"

Personally, i have not known metz for having good small bike tyres, also found the compound a little hard and wet weather traction is a little weak. some shops would try to sell you the tyres saying that the compound has improved but to me i think that there are just trying to get rid of slow moving stocks. For EO, I am still searching for a EO that suits our bike, currently using Silkolene 15w50w full synthetic. Most EOs are good but we just need to find one that suits our bike and our riding styles.

Personally, i would recommend you change your EO every 1000km to ensure optimum lubrication. Our bike are known to have lowered oil levels after a while. Nothing wrong with the bike but just the characteristics of a air cooled bike. I hate having to pull out the "dip stick" and check every now and then. So based on previous experience on this bike and checking the oil level regularly, 1000 km change EO would be recommended,max stretch would be 1500km.

Anyway, what's your take on wertdeviruz suggestion of a logo sticker for us, don't worry guys, we are not planning to be the next "Hells Angels"

Edited by Biposto

Guys....Im Looking into making OUR own CBF Decal/Stickers.....for Our Helmets or bikes.....so dat easier for us to acknowledge if we happen to ride side by side in public....sad to say we still dunno who is who in this small Thread Of ours.....

those ever meet up....and those dun bother to meet up.....u know who u are.....ekekek

ok colours available will be in BLACK.....RED and BLUE.....it Will be Deflective stickers....Safe for Night RiDing......ANy Ideas Or Design on the Stickers......do Sketch it up and post Link in here for all to see.....

Design as Follows CBFightHawkZ Or FightHawkZ .Once Design agreed by all Active Thread Riders in Here.....StickErsz Will be Processed In 2 Weeks time.....Priced TBC......

Hope no Objections to These....Cheers...

Hi,

disappeared for a while? any response for the stickers? Maybe if you come up with the design and we(me and you) share the cost of printing them and giving them out free, we might get some response? What do you think?

Been riding this bike for abt 18mths now

"wats the pro and cons mind to share?"

Pros, definitely its FC, if you're carrying a pillion its a much for comfy ride for the pillion due to the length of the seat, frankly speaking, I think it is one of the better looking 2B bikes of its class around. Of course, some might say that the bajaj pulsar 200 is more sporty looking and I agree, almost bought it back then. But I didn't like the idea of one shop Universal holding the monopoly of sales and spares. I expected the prices to be cut throat prices and you want you buy attitude.

"for me its wat i called too relax bike...sometimes feels boring riding it hehe!...maybe not fast enough for me...seeing other bikes overtake me im quite jealous"

Trust me you would want the peace of mind, just think of it this way, the guy who overtook you at a higher speed might lose his license round the corner, if "uncle TP" was waiting for him. Trust me atfter riding for more then 13 years with the "i feel the need for speed attitude" and finally losing my license due excessive speeding and various other types of offences to a 5 year suspension, you would definitely wished that you had valued your license a little more.

"wat to i bought this bike due to the FC...hehe...anyway just change my tyres (metzeler) and change my EO (mobil Racing fully syn)"

Personally, i have not known metz for having good small bike tyres, also found the compound a little hard and wet weather traction is a little weak. some shops would try to sell you the tyres saying that the compound has improved but to me i think that there are just trying to get rid of slow moving stocks. For EO, I am still searching for a EO that suits our bike, currently using Silkolene 15w50w full synthetic. Most EOs are good but we just need to find one that suits our bike and our riding styles.

Personally, i would recommend you change your EO every 1000km to ensure optimum lubrication. Our bike are known to have lowered oil levels after a while. Nothing wrong with the bike but just the characteristics of a air cooled bike. I hate having to pull out the "dip stick" and check every now and then. So based on previous experience on this bike and checking the oil level regularly, 1000 km change EO would be recommended,max stretch would be 1500km.

Anyway, what's your take on wertdeviruz suggestion of a logo sticker for us, don't worry guys, we are not planning to be the next "Hells Angels"

thanks for response and advise....by the way bout the stickers?...i got no idea how they wanna do the design?...any pics for me to see after that i can suggest sumthink...hehe! cool they really plan to do this....hehe!

Hi,

disappeared for a while? any response for the stickers? Maybe if you come up with the design and we(me and you) share the cost of printing them and giving them out free, we might get some response? What do you think?

if you are trying to discuss to give this stickers for free better have attractive logos or design for it...if not they still wont want it although its free hehe....tats just a feedback from me...but i really support tat sticker project...lets make the cbf 150 group so tat we can have kaki to wash bikes and hang around during weekends....or maybe trip to johor for supper...tat will only can be done when lots of cbf riders support the group....:cheers:

if you are trying to discuss to give this stickers for free better have attractive logos or design for it...if not they still wont want it although its free hehe....tats just a feedback from me...but i really support tat sticker project...lets make the cbf 150 group so tat we can have kaki to wash bikes and hang around during weekends....or maybe trip to johor for supper...tat will only can be done when lots of cbf riders support the group....:cheers:

definitely agree with you, nobody wants to stick an ugly sticker on his bike. But sometimes it difficult to get every one to agree on a design, we have been trying for a year, especially wertdeviruz, to gather all of us together but the largest group we got gathered if not mistaken was 7 of us, all of whom are not active participants now.

Talking about washing bike, you know any bike wash in SG? I've been to the one at Leng Kee, quite good and thorough, there is a kinda of a shine after the wash.

Edited by Biposto

Yo bros!... sure i can help with the designing of the stickers...

i'll post up the images once im done... probably tml night or earlier...

Cheers bros...

thanks bro for the positive steps, really appreciate your help. I'm a lousy designer, especially when i'm colourblind!

how long youve been riding this bike?...wats the pro and cons mind to share?...for me its wat i called too relax bike...sometimes feels boring riding it hehe!...maybe not fast enough for me...seeing other bikes overtake me im quite jealous...wat to i bought this bike due to the FC...hehe...anyway just change my tyres (metzeler) and change my EO (mobil Racing fully syn)...:cheers:

adding to this..

i have acceleration prob and change gear from 1 to 2 somtimes will stuck to neutral..

any idea how come this can happen?any recommendation to solve this prob?

i bought this bike for a week now..it is 2nd hand but onli 8 months old..

i like the idea of the design stickers for our group but we need to totally everybody agree wit the design and i guess we really need to arrange a kopi session..

:cool:

You can RIDE,

but you cant HIDE.

:cheeky:

adding to this..

i have acceleration prob and change gear from 1 to 2 somtimes will stuck to neutral..

any idea how come this can happen?any recommendation to solve this prob?

i bought this bike for a week now..it is 2nd hand but onli 8 months old..

i like the idea of the design stickers for our group but we need to totally everybody agree wit the design and i guess we really need to arrange a kopi session..

:cool:

a kopi session is definitely much needed. Currently, I am unable to write due to some medical probs. I should be fine by this sat.