SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Fazer 600 Reviews

GSGabes

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

so when will i get to see one 04' fz600 on the road? or when is the next shipment coming?

actually they are here in s'pore...and there are a few on the road...it's just tat it ain't so easy to spot one....

http://mstamm.imgaming.com/pics/bikes/crazy.jpg

I've Tried Everything Except Losing....

so when will i get to see one 04' fz600 on the road? or when is the next shipment coming?

was told by Hong Leong. Next Shipment coming within 2-3 weeks

I was also a DEauville fan until I saw this baby. The naked version is too nude for me, I like the R version better. However storage is an issue for me so if I was to get this baby, I WILL FIX A BOX! Yup a BOX!

I am put off by Deauville sub-standard equipment. Imagine this bike doesn't even has a fuel gauge! And dare call itself a tourer and the colour choice is terror. Inaddition many on the RD is not from BS but parallel import. If this bike is available in other colour it will definately sell better.

So now I am aiming at Frazer600 almost like my Deauville w/o panniers. But the frazer wing mirrors look very out of place like some ant fillers like that! So far out squeeze traffic is gonna be tuff. At least is a dealer's bike not parallel import.

Frazer600 is neither here or there, cannot make up it's mind wanna be sports bike, dirt bike, street bike or tourer? YES just like how I feel now.

Next month COE and months to come bike COE is gonna rise slightly as there are many new bikes coming and ppl are more will to spend near year end.

Anyway bike price is not really affected by it....bike shop use it to take more or simply use it to promote. Same goes with IU and all other hidden cost. Bike shops are dirty...why can't they have something more standard...just minus the insurance. Cos everybody will need to buy IU and pay COE.

Wonder when then can buy my Frazer...as i now stuck with a scooter. Hoping to get a shop so I can trade in my scooter pay abt 1k to top up and ride away every month abt $300. DREAMing.

I was also a DEauville fan until I saw this baby. The naked version is too nude for me, I like the R version better. However storage is an issue for me so if I was to get this baby, I WILL FIX A BOX! Yup a BOX!

I am put off by Deauville sub-standard equipment. Imagine this bike doesn't even has a fuel gauge! And dare call itself a tourer and the colour choice is terror. Inaddition many on the RD is not from BS but parallel import. If this bike is available in other colour it will definately sell better.

So now I am aiming at Frazer600 almost like my Deauville w/o panniers. But the frazer wing mirrors look very out of place like some ant fillers like that! So far out squeeze traffic is gonna be tuff. At least is a dealer's bike not parallel import.

Frazer600 is neither here or there, cannot make up it's mind wanna be sports bike, dirt bike, street bike or tourer? YES just like how I feel now.

Next month COE and months to come bike COE is gonna rise slightly as there are many new bikes coming and ppl are more will to spend near year end.

Anyway bike price is not really affected by it....bike shop use it to take more or simply use it to promote. Same goes with IU and all other hidden cost. Bike shops are dirty...why can't they have something more standard...just minus the insurance. Cos everybody will need to buy IU and pay COE.

Wonder when then can buy my Frazer...as i now stuck with a scooter. Hoping to get a shop so I can trade in my scooter pay abt 1k to top up and ride away every month abt $300. DREAMing.

I'm facing the same choice as you fren....... but you forget, the fazer runs on chain, deauville on shaft.... that's a big PLUS in my books.... I sort of hate chain maintenance..... willing to accept the bad color and heavier weight and the lack of fuel gauge cos of that...

Now, if only Honda will let the Deauville go for a diet (a little less weight) and build some muscles (add a bit more cc & power).....*Dreaming*

Even the smallest spark can start a massive forest fire...

Quotable Quotes: If you ride a motorcycle often, you will be killed riding it. That much is as sure as night follows day. Your responsibility is to be vigilant and careful as to continue to push that eventuality so far forward that you die of old age first

today went down to new southen motor again the boss say he sold a few liao, it keeps me wondering Hong leong got import so many come in meh?

anyway the price for my age he say is about 15k++ everything in, down payment he asking for $3000. my back side now really itchly liao, feel like getting the bike in the end of the month.

Been riding a Deauville for almost 3 yrs liao. Been enjoying the comfort & convenience (with the extra storage space) of tis bike. Only complain is the size & the lack of power. Wonder if it's a gd idea to trade-in for the new Fazer? Any comment? *confused*

today went down to new southen motor again the boss say he sold a few liao, it keeps me wondering Hong leong got import so many come in meh?

anyway the price for my age he say is about 15k++ everything in, down payment he asking for $3000. my back side now really itchly liao, feel like getting the bike in the end of the month.

Few weeks ago I went down

to Hong Leong personally

I saw more than 5 units

in the workshop... :p

Actually i think the Deaville is very slim liao with all those boxes. ST11 is much much worst. But i think the Deaville should be updated. Till date the design is not very diff form where it started in 1998.

650cc is good but this engine lacks refinement and torque. 1000cc will make it too wide and heavy.

Frazer600 is a good well balanced bike but Spore ppl don't really like mid sized bikes...so in future maybe hard to sell but as long as there is continuous support of this model I am sure this cat will send the COE flying HIGH!!!

Frazer600 15++k VS deauville 13++k.......humm?

Frazer600 is a good well balanced bike but Spore ppl don't really like mid sized bikes...so in future maybe hard to sell but as long as there is continuous support of this model I am sure this cat will send the COE flying HIGH!!!

Frazer600 15++k VS deauville 13++k.......humm?

Frazer 600 is a whole new different machine from deauville....the 600 has alot to live up to..it's got the torque and the power....and not forgettin the 32-bit ECU....i personally feels tt the new Frazer DO appeal to most ppl...so i guess it would not be hard to sell...not forgettin the 600 is redefined due to feedback from customers...so u see...if there's no market for tis bike...yamaha wouldn't bother to give the Frazer an update...rather they might just give it a fullstop...just like the once great ZX7R...

just to add.... one of the reasons that yamaha had to update fazer

is because of the stricter emission standards (to be passed?

or had been passed?) in europe...

the old fazer simply cannot meet the new standard...

Not sure whether it pass yet...

but they manage to touch their streets. wat u reckon? :cheer:

just to add.... one of the reasons that yamaha had to update fazer

is because of the stricter emission standards (to be passed?

or had been passed?) in europe...

the old fazer simply cannot meet the new standard...

the old fazer is fine in singapore....they only had problem wif the new emission standards in europe

Hmmm, think I'll prefer to get a '03 "old" model (the one with the black frame.....yummy!)

Tested and proven! Just need to save up for it...... :sweat:

Quotable Quotes: If you ride a motorcycle often, you will be killed riding it. That much is as sure as night follows day. Your responsibility is to be vigilant and careful as to continue to push that eventuality so far forward that you die of old age first

Hmmm, think I'll prefer to get a '03 "old" model (the one with the black frame.....yummy!)

but the old model is usin the YZF thundercat's engine...not so torquey i guess....

but the old model is usin the YZF thundercat's engine...not so torquey i guess....

Hmmm, from the UK BIKE magazine, the old engine's supposed to have more midrange than the new bike.... cos the new Fazer using R6 engine, rather revy and more top-end kind of power....

But still doing my research and waiting for a actual comparison test between the old and new (I'm sure the UK bike mags will do one..... hehehe)

One of the Sales Guy at Hong Leong wants to sell his own fazer. He offer me abt $10+.

u might be interested. his surname is Lee

But still doing my research and waiting for a actual comparison test between the old and new (I'm sure the UK bike mags will do one..... hehehe)

u bet...in this month's BIKE they did a comparison test between both Fazer...surprisingly...the old cat is an overall winner of 5 stars to the new Fazer leadin behind wif 4 stars...

jus came back from servicing my '03 fazer600 at hong leong workshop... took the package service... cost $130.

the mechanic very friendly & did a good job in tuning my carburettor... now my bike pickup is very smooth...

recommend go there servicing...its worth it!

package got include a lot of things...for more info:

http://www.hlcorp.com.sg/yamaha-motor/prom...o.htm#condition

:cheer: