SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Fazer 600 Reviews

GSGabes

Hey cheekozer600,

From ur experience on the 2 bikes (fzs & vfr), how do they compare in terms of performance & maintenance?

Been admiring the vfr since the upswept mufflers version came out in yr 2000, but the price then deters me from getting it.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey cheekozer600,

From ur experience on the 2 bikes (fzs & vfr), how do they compare in terms of performance & maintenance?

Been admiring the vfr since the upswept mufflers version came out in yr 2000, but the price then deters me from getting it.

Both bikes also very good, if u got budget get a vfr800, it got a big bike feel also, if no budget get the fzs600, also i can say very good lah, only touring go high speed at 180km/h abit light,The new vfr sure attract alot attention loh, everywhere u go sure got people stop to see or ask u question! But for fzs600, its not so much. :bounce: :shades:

Both bikes also very good, if u got budget get a vfr800, it got a big bike feel also, if no budget get the fzs600, also i can say very good lah, only touring go high speed at 180km/h abit light,The new vfr sure attract alot attention loh, everywhere u go sure got people stop to see or ask u question! But for fzs600, its not so much. :bounce: :shades:

can feel it. tat four exhaust very striking

guys.. is ur pillion seat hot?

mine say he cant feel it.

the exhaust oso...juz feel it's warm. certainly wont get burnt touching it..

same 4 my pilion oso jus a warm feeling wont bbq the butt...but at night cant really feel the heat from the seat

YOU'LL NEVER RIDE ALONE!

same 4 my pilion oso jus a warm feeling wont bbq the butt...but at night cant really feel the heat from the seat

u mean rider seat warm at nite? hmm... havent encounter tat. but i've already got some aluminium tape to stick under the seat. juz in case

u mean rider seat warm at nite? hmm... havent encounter tat. but i've already got some aluminium tape to stick under the seat. juz in case

sorry wat i mean is tat during nightime pillion cant really feel the heat from the exhaust pipe. :D

YOU'LL NEVER RIDE ALONE!

Free Seat Warmer from UK ah?

So any testing of bikes?

Let me know....when,where

Just to check it out...

Thankz

"It is one of the most beautiful compensations of this life that no man can sincerely try to help another without helping himself." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

"The most beautiful things in life cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart." - Helen Keller

"Life is either a daring adventure,or nothing." - Helen Keller

Free Seat Warmer from UK ah?

So any testing of bikes?

Let me know....when,where

Just to check it out...

Thankz

"It is one of the most beautiful compensations of this life that no man can sincerely try to help another without helping himself." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

"The most beautiful things in life cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart." - Helen Keller

"Life is either a daring adventure,or nothing." - Helen Keller

after 2 weeks of riding the bike can give us some reviews.

fuel comsumption, handling, heat from exhuast, how you run-in, vibrations, etc?

1 week only lah

running in quite smooth. cornering is very good, but can be very heavy where u pump full-tank. all the weight infront. under the seat only got a fuse box

was playing with the meter, the trip all kanna reset liao. :sian:

travelled abt 170km fuel meter drop 2 bar. think full tank can read above 300km.

if u wanna save fuel, dun look at meter, coz when engine still cold the meter will keep blinking. warm up takes abt 3mins.

so far i have only install the FIAAM horn and custom IU bracket.

Was thinking of modding the headlight, quite weird loh only 1 side ON

PS: cant say much abt streetbikes. it's my first. my old bike mostly chopper.

Let's meetup :smile:

1 week only lah

running in quite smooth. cornering is very good, but can be very heavy where u pump full-tank. all the weight infront. under the seat only got a fuse box

was playing with the meter, the trip all kanna reset liao. :sian:

travelled abt 170km fuel meter drop 2 bar. think full tank can read above 300km.

if u wanna save fuel, dun look at meter, coz when engine still cold the meter will keep blinking. warm up takes abt 3mins.

so far i have only install the FIAAM horn and custom IU bracket.

Was thinking of modding the headlight, quite weird loh only 1 side ON

PS: cant say much abt streetbikes. it's my first. my old bike mostly chopper.

Let's meetup :smile:

1) the headlight one side is low beam one side is high beam is it?

2) full tank how many litres ah?

3) is the storage space under the seat very pathetic due to the underseat exhaust?

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c349/pauche/rossivspauche.jpg

1) the headlight one side is low beam one side is high beam is it?

2) full tank how many litres ah?

3) is the storage space under the seat very pathetic due to the underseat exhaust?

1) headlight one side is low beam when high beam two side is on. there is this button which you press 2beam come out. but it not a switch only a button.

the ans on quest 2 n 3 is in earlier posts pls refer back.

today got my bike liao. maybe i give some reviews on wat i exp the frist day of 200+km trip.

1) change oil and oil filter at about 40km then see the oil come out so dirty. ( changed to mutol mineral oil and super-4 oil filter)

2) top speed is 230kph at 12k rpm.

3) handling very natural but very slow turning abit difficult. (maybe they should have harder steering or maybe i not use to the bike)

4) 0-100kph about 3-4sec. ( i haven't wheelie yet)

5) the undersit compartment very small. think only can put the orginal tool kit and my tai chi dry master raincoat. ( better then my harley cannot put anything.)

6) i can feel that the pick up at the 5th and 6th gear abit the slow from 80-200. but the frist few gear i was flying.

7) i can feel that the bike abit the slow or not so toquey at 5k-8k rpm. after 8 there is a rush.

8) tires is bt020f gg as eddyng had said, i still find the little things sticking out of my tires after my 200km ride.

9) fuel comsumption i still dont know cos i still running in.

10) wind resistance is good i dont get to feel a thing at 160kph

11) hand feeling a bit nimb after 80km

12) the sound is like super-4 just a bit more noisy. but it sounds good. but engine sound a bit loud.

13) tach metre very good in see the speed but rpm abit the small.

14) pillion sit not very hot but then i dont dare to take pillion frist.

*pls take not that i'm doing the hard breaking in so rpm usually goes like 10k to 4k rpm sometimes 12k to 5k rpm.

no ideas leh. any suggestion? :smile:

juz to let u guys noe i actually went up to ipoh wif a fren of mine riding blackbird i rode my bike up oso....will let u guys noe hows the trip and more abt the bike wen we mit up....wah ernie25 first day hit 200k liao u gd sia....

i tink we can mit up maybe at the S11 coffeeshop at the national libaray..cos its at central area :smile: ...but i will be there ard 10pm cos i working until 9pm.....how is it possible? :confused:

YOU'LL NEVER RIDE ALONE!