SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Tyres - Which tyre is better?

schnauzer

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hahaha ! But we have to respect people's preference. After all, its their bikes and money. But i was really intrigued by the fact that some 2b sportsbike owners like 'sotong' tyres... While the owners of r1s and 999s are looking to upsize their tyres as much as possible . Mysteries of man ...

bridgestone battlax bt39 ss 80/90 both, 80/90 - 90/80 or 90/90 both

manf date 2008 BEST !!! easy to warm up/good for wet road. the cutting really drain the water out. u can see it when u r rding in the rain. the amount the water splashing out. mine last ard 15k km. if u alway ride very fast, wearing is faster.

dunlop t900 thai. (dont play corner)

water splashing very littie. not so easy to warm up.

my fren fall in carpark, those cement surface while turning. very slowing riding with both leg preparing to reach the floor. he know he might fall. n really fall.

Guys, changed Dunlop tires(front: 80/80, rear: 90/80) at 'kok seng' bapok lane. About a week liao, when cornering at about 50km/h, feels da bike is wobbling. Even worse when got pillion. Before changed was using Pirelli City Demon, don have dis problem. Anyone has any solutions to fix dis problem?

however, for those who really like using dunlop for watever reason, u guys cn use tt900gp made in japan for the rear (90/80-17) and a tt900 (80/90-17) from thai,since the japan ones dn manufacture smaller ones.

im trying it nw for about 2mths ady, i can say this combination matches the bt39. can corner steadily and grips well.

http://sg.geocities.com/wannavaro6m9g/bikes3.jpg

Come, as you are, as you were, as I want.... you to be....

is to possible to put front tyre bigger den the back one.

if ya what is the advangtes and disadvanteges

it is possible for you to put a bigger tyre in front then the rear one. It would just translate to shoddy turning / decreased response from the steering, and not really optimum traction. The main reason why you have a bigger back tyre is because you want a bigger contact area which translates to GRIP ! cheers ...

May i know the size of your rims ? I'd recommend you take your bike to a bike shop, pronto ... Or maybe the tyre pressure too low ...

I'm using 16" spark135 stock rims. But i got pump tire lei. Still same. Sigh... Everytime go jb change stuff SURE got problem 1... So suay...... Sian!

sorie off topic abit...im riding s4,using michellin pilot sport/front&rear..wah damn shiok...dry weather damn shiok..super grip,cornering can even wana push u go lower..but beware raining season..abit slippery,but yet still safe..only beware of metal drain especially exit frm expressway..

any gd shp can recomment me for 2nd hand tyre.&gd price..rear wheel gona BOtak soon...

sorie off topic abit...im riding s4,using michellin pilot sport/front&rear..wah damn shiok...dry weather damn shiok..super grip,cornering can even wana push u go lower..but beware raining season..abit slippery,but yet still safe..only beware of metal drain especially exit frm expressway..

any gd shp can recomment me for 2nd hand tyre.&gd price..rear wheel gona BOtak soon...

ur tyre u got to go to SUPER4 section

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38

wrong place buddy

2nd hand tyre. go ah boy ?

dunlop tt900 user for 2 years already. changed frequently at kok seng 80/80 front back. drag and corner. no problem leh. what wobble you talking about? every tire has its limits. especially the smaller ones. dont push it beyond its grip or.... ur askin for trouble.

Thrash? Don't mind if i do.

http://userserve-ak.last.fm/serve/126/59442677.gif

dunlop tt900 GP = JAPAN

only got 90/80 smaller size. $160-170

dunlop tt900 thai u can go check unique motor website $85 size 80/80 90/80 promotion period only each $45

bt39 get 80/90 both or u want 90/80 for rear. price $150-160.

LIM AH BOY sell cheap tyres or unique motor

there is date of manufacturing EX (1308) or (1908)

at the tyre wall.

Want to save $$ on tyre. dont play corner. ride like uncle

want to play corner use bt39

Wich tyres size is good for speed???wat brand is recommended??battlelax or dunlop??currently im using 70/90 front..90/80 rear..its kinda heavy for the rear...i want a lil lighter but not dat light...i dun do corner...

thanks

http://www.richa.nl/ShopImages/leo_vince.jpg

2005-2006: Vespa

2006-2008: Spark 135

2008: WR 200

2009- currently: Superfour

2011: X1-R

• 2 weeks later...
I'm using 16" spark135 stock rims. But i got pump tire lei. Still same. Sigh... Everytime go jb change stuff SURE got problem 1... So suay...... Sian!

16"??????????? first time i hear spark135 got 16" rim.. or u mean ur width 1.6"?

http://distilleryimage11.s3.amazonaws.com/4ad27eb6714811e3b59a0ebb7344746f_6.jpg

dunlop tt900 GP = JAPAN

only got 90/80 smaller size. $160-170

dunlop tt900 thai u can go check unique motor website $85 size 80/80 90/80 promotion period only each $45

bt39 get 80/90 both or u want 90/80 for rear. price $150-160.

LIM AH BOY sell cheap tyres or unique motor

there is date of manufacturing EX (2708) or (21708)

at the tyre wall.

all u need to see is the (708) = july 2008

Want to save $$ on tyre. dont play corner. ride like uncle

want to play corner use bt39

Correct me if i m wrong but i c most tyres hv onli 4digits of D.O.M.....if 2708 means tyre is manufactured on the 27th WEEK of '08

Speed is Nothing Without Control....