SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Tyres - Which tyre is better?

schnauzer

hou heng was famous when during the 2000 to 2005 time when we were still playing sp and krs. now not so gd liao. if you go hou heng should go to the new shop where the boss is (elder brother, fat one). the second shop (old shop) which is handle by younger brother not so gd.

I use to go hou heng then after that to kim hock motor, but after the boss not tther liao and the children take over , i not so trust in their skill

If you want trustworthly workshop and gd skill with responsible attitude, you can go Kedai motor (next to hou heng 2nd shop) look for ah beng the boss. its a gd place to go.

TZR 125 - Feb 2002 to Mar 2002

KR 150 - Mar 2002 to Feb 2003

CG 125 - Feb 2003 to Mar 2003

GSXR 400 MSP - Mar 2003 to Jun 2004

R1 2001 - Jun 2004 to Jun 2006

X1 Supreme -Jun 2006 - July 2007

SYM GTS200 - July 2007 - Dec 2008

Toyota Vios MSM mobbed - Mar 2007 - Present

Spark 135 - Dec 2008 - Present

Team Brother Bike

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys, I want to share one experience so that you all won't kena cheated.

I came to Malaysia AGL after reading all the comments from this forum that AGL there very cheap. Wanted to do some servicing to my bike (Spark 135).

Then I see Hou Heng the bike shop kena commended by everybody till not bad like that, wanted to try out. I using bridgestone bt39s change for only like 4 months only and im sure have plenty of life inside them however the boss of hou heng ask me to change chain, sprocket, tire, die die say install confirm bike more power when all I wanted to do was basic servicing.

I say no then I go to the mamak store eat eat, come back to my surprise they install all the "racing" parts onto my bike. Grips, sprocket, Maxxis tires and etc.

Kena charge one bill RM600++ I was like O.O... I said, boss I said I didnt want all these accessories then the boss give me lj face. Say what, singaporean at malaysia dont play play only. This my first time at AGL so I scared for my life. I bargained him down to RM300. (Note, damn con right?)

Then when I driving out, my bike suddenly like shaky only. I ignore thinking must let my bike adapt to the new spares. I turned out to the highway after travelling for like 1.5km, then MY BIKE TIRE ****ING EXPLODED. The FRONT TIRE EXPLODED. On the highway, I lost control, fly into the air and miraculously all the cars driving behind me turned to avoid me. Lucky that tim I wear my helmet got fasten (cause I normally drive without fastening the latch for short journeys). And I think I was travelling at around 50km+ maybe cause my bike shaky I dont wanna push.

I think I have to thank god I never die there. Seriously. I only suffered some scratches and spraining my thigh.

Then to cut a long story short, some lorry came to pick me up and my bike then I decided cannot go AGL cause I dont trust any of the shop there liaoz, then when turning out, decided to go to my trustworthy Motor diam, Guo Hui Motor, I told him of what happened to me.

We then checked my bike, I see the bike tire Maxxis I pissed off. Don't know what LJ brand is this. Then the boss Ah Boy tell me that Maxxis is one brand that he don't recommend that's why he never keep stock of these tires, he only go for reliable brands that have been sold. Then the mechanic take out the tire I see, shoddy tire, see Made in Vietnam.

I come back home then I do research, Maxxis is dont know what Cheng Shin company China brand, WTH, these tires can easily kill someone.

These tire companies they never QC then they sell these tires around, I scared to think how many people die because they use lousy tires like these.

Ah Boy sympathetic, then this time intro me another brand Shinko from Korea, (Cause I no $$ for Dunlops liaozz). And till now, the tires are running damn good. Thanks to Ah Boy.

I feel like making a police report against Hou Heng, but then I don't know what they would kena, anybody can give ideas?

Anyway, I would not be going to AGL ever again. Let you guys know so that you guys would be wiser to it. Best is to stick with the tried and trusted Ah Boy JB.

No offence, but i think u shd haf

1) went with fren who went there b4

2) scrutinise their work instead of go and la kopi - watz the fun in la kopi alone anyw?

3) ask them change back BT39 tire at least, even if kenna con also at least wun die.

the tire explode is really damn fierce, seems like everything made in china CAN explode. batteries, tires, and dung noe wat else.

Anyone heard of

? damn solid wor! :cheeky:

Be Safe & Wreckless

Sin Ming Editor 1 day jail, $2k fine for pillion death!

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5326937&posted=1#post5326937

• 1 month later...

anybody got knowledge bout irc gold wings series tyres for cubs?

http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/yy150/fierra_2009/HafizhCubPrix_L.jpg

Mar08-Mar09: Honda nsr150sp

Mar09-Jan10: Yamaha x1r

Jan10-Nov11: Honda super4 specIII/Suzuki Drz400sm

Nov11-Nov17: Yamaha spark 135

Dec17-Jun18: Yamaha Sniper 150

Jun18-Current: KTM Duke 390

how bout the mechelin sporty for cubs? got 80/100 for the rear as well.. any1 try b4? izzit good?

i think you meant 100/80.. personally i've not tried it, but to me the radial of the tyre compared to bt39ss seems deeper.. but the thing is, its thailand made.. and tyres from thailand i noticed tend to bulge making it uneven before the middle line starts wearing out.. just like tt900 and surprisingly this one too cause i've seen it..

Just passing by and updating some info:

Maxxis is a taiwan brand and they have wide product range

http://www.maxxis.com/

They even the title sponser of supermoto and also some road race in europe.

It's not a brand with fxxkup craps, maybe not up to race/sport-race level but they can provide street-sport tires as good as Bridgestone/Michilin ones

Sorry to hear the things happened to ahboyz

***only 1 img allowed***

http://ots1jg.blu.livefilestore.com/y1pZd4ExNZoYU5inWSyhHro2Om_JwSvEXDXYD1XWjARxDmm9HyKKJAhykIaqV9sgng0NzcSaTBqDyE/sign.jpg

Never stop trying to be faster!!!

i think you meant 100/80.. personally i've not tried it, but to me the radial of the tyre compared to bt39ss seems deeper.. but the thing is, its thailand made.. and tyres from thailand i noticed tend to bulge making it uneven before the middle line starts wearing out.. just like tt900 and surprisingly this one too cause i've seen it..

hehe... sori, terbalik lah... 100/80..

anyways, this bulging, due to heat izzit?

who gets summoned for not signalling? i did..

dumb luck? maybe...

nak nene mandi air bunga...

hehe... sori, terbalik lah... 100/80..

anyways, this bulging, due to heat izzit?

nope, its just due to it being Thailand made.. even if you keep the air pressure right, it'd still bulge.. just take a look at bridgestone's battlax bt39, you dont see no bulging even until the center line wears out..

any 1 using DURO tires ???

yup. im using duro hf-918 70/90, 80/90. its not bad. quite reliable on wet and dry conditions.

a man with a pen is a man with a plan.

Passed Class 2B (May 09)

Passed Class 3 (Feb 11)

Passed 2A (May 12)

Yamaha X-1 (July 09 - April 11)

Yamaha Nouvo 135 (May 11 - Aug 11)

Yamaha RXZ (Sept 11 - Apr 13)

Yamaha FZ16ST (Apr 13 - ???)

• 3 weeks later...
anyone using irc eagle grip? i need some reviews abt that particular tyre

i'm using irc tyre racing series for my x1 . It have good grip on dry road . i hav no problem cornnering . on wet road it not that good . i skid 2 tyme during conner . so on wet road i won't be connering

If you guys want long lasting, sticky and trusted tires.. I suggest only 2 brands.. for the Bridgestone its the BT39ss and the other one is Dunlop TT900GP.. Both made in JAPAN, both proven to be good and trustworthy in dry and wet conditions.. Tires are your life, so invest in good tires..

If you guys want long lasting, sticky and trusted tires.. I suggest only 2 brands.. for the Bridgestone its the BT39ss and the other one is Dunlop TT900GP.. Both made in JAPAN, both proven to be good and trustworthy in dry and wet conditions.. Tires are your life, so invest in good tires..
I agree with you..:thumb:

On my previous bike have always been using battlax. No chance to use Dunlop coz very hard to find the TT900GP made in japan ones. BT090 nice for rear. Price for one tyre also nice. Think can get one pair BT39SS front and rear. :sweat:

KRGT-1

I want to ride my bicycle I want to ride my bike..I want to ride my bicycle I want to ride it where I like..

I agree with you..:thumb:

On my previous bike have always been using battlax. No chance to use Dunlop coz very hard to find the TT900GP made in japan ones. BT090 nice for rear. Price for one tyre also nice. Think can get one pair BT39SS front and rear. :sweat:

but to compare the BT39ss and the TT900GP both size 90/80.. i'd go for the Dunlop cause they're abit thinner (looks like BT39ss 80/90's) and i prefer their radial/crown/mangkuk/whatever.. as for the BT39ss, they're fukkin FAT tires.. So with the Dunlop, you'd get slightly more distance..

but to compare the BT39ss and the TT900GP both size 90/80.. i'd go for the Dunlop cause they're abit thinner (looks like BT39ss 80/90's) and i prefer their radial/crown/mangkuk/whatever.. as for the BT39ss, they're fukkin FAT tires.. So with the Dunlop, you'd get slightly more distance..
I never noticed the differences. Will look out for it one day but very hard to find japan Dunlop. Always I see is Thai made ones. :sweat:

KRGT-1

I want to ride my bicycle I want to ride my bike..I want to ride my bicycle I want to ride it where I like..

BT39ss or TT900GP, NOTHING ELSE.

:thumb:

Be Safe & Wreckless

Sin Ming Editor 1 day jail, $2k fine for pillion death!

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5326937&posted=1#post5326937

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
hi to all bros here,

Izzit good using same size tire for wave on 90/80 front / 90/80 rear?

tot of using bt39?

any advise?

thanks....cheers ride safe!! yeah

Go for BT39ss....

u can corner low low.....

good grip,worth the $ spent..

:cheers:

• 3 weeks later...

Battlax bt39 is good, but too ex. One pair of bt39 in SG can buy two pair of tt900 in jb. I prefer to have a frequent change of fresh tyres. You can have good gripping tyres, but once its worn out still GG. Anyway, tt900 is more value for money lah. Bt39 more suited for track, feel its a waste to use on normal riding..

• 4 weeks later...