SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Tyres - Which tyre is better?

schnauzer

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah !! me too, i using those sizes too . just changed actually last wed .. before, i used viva, 60/90 front and back. but, from my experience usin sotong uh, when its raining, waliowey, some how, you can feel like sliding sia ... but that is for viva lah ... lookin forward to battlax sotong .. if have sure mus try one !!

so bro,is there any diff wen u using sotong tyre n ur battlax tyre nw??..i mean abt speed??..did it affected ur speed??..is there any diff in ur speed aftr changing battlax??..coz ppl say,big tyre somehow may affect ur speed..coz currently im using battlax tyre n i only cn go 1320-130 for my top speed..

how abt michellin pilot sporty ??? anyone have reviews......

heard that michelin pilot sporty tires are rather slippery on wet roads compared to TT900 and battlax...

but on normal roads should give you good ratings, i find that the threads and curves are more for corners...

MY MEAN MACHINES

01.2008 - 12.2009 - NSR150SP FT7**Z

12.2009 - 4.2011 - L.C. 135 FBE 11**C

4.2011 - 11.2013 - Super K.I.P.S FY 45** H

11.2013 - ?.??.???? - YZF - R6 FBD 33** C

12.2013 - ?.??.???? - Wave 125 FY 12** K

#RTNW

so bro,is there any diff wen u using sotong tyre n ur battlax tyre nw??..i mean abt speed??..did it affected ur speed??..is there any diff in ur speed aftr changing battlax??..coz ppl say,big tyre somehow may affect ur speed..coz currently im using battlax tyre n i only cn go 1320-130 for my top speed..

if you're using sotong + spokes rim, there will be difference.. cause i once used that set-up and find that to reach to my top is much easier and also find that it does inc. top speed compared to my sports rim + battlax tyres set-up

MY MEAN MACHINES

#RTNW

TT900 has 80/80, but don't think battlax bt39 does...

MY MEAN MACHINES

#RTNW

of course there is diff. i think got 1 guy explain already regarding the sotong n spoke rim set up. mine was that set-up too. with sotong n spoke rims, my spark can go 150. but now uh, i try tarek, cn oni go 120 - 130 like that, i mean you cn somehow feel the heavyness . btw my spark inside standard. size of tyres do play a part if u wan reach top speed fast. but wen corner or rainin, must take good care of urself uh. my reason for changin bck to battlax set-up cos, i so long nvr corner sia =(( haha .. u cn try if u wna see the difference .. =))

of course there is diff. i think got 1 guy explain already regarding the sotong n spoke rim set up. mine was that set-up too. with sotong n spoke rims, my spark can go 150. but now uh, i try tarek, cn oni go 120 - 130 like that, i mean you cn somehow feel the heavyness . btw my spark inside standard. size of tyres do play a part if u wan reach top speed fast. but wen corner or rainin, must take good care of urself uh. my reason for changin bck to battlax set-up cos, i so long nvr corner sia =(( haha .. u cn try if u wna see the difference .. =))

hey me too..my x1-r inside all standard..no mod at all..haha

e reason im asking u this ques coz my fren also riding x1-r..same as me too,inside all stock..using dunlop 80/80 front n rear n his top speed cn go 150 too..wen i tell him i only cn go 130,he juz cant bliv it..he say im lying..bt aftr he inspect my bike,he think that my tyre is e caused to this prob..haha..

n he also tell me mayb my rim also may caused to this prob too..cause im using stock rim..n ppl say stock rim is heavy?..is that true??

hey me too..my x1-r inside all standard..no mod at all..haha

e reason im asking u this ques coz my fren also riding x1-r..same as me too,inside all stock..using dunlop 80/80 front n rear n his top speed cn go 150 too..wen i tell him i only cn go 130,he juz cant bliv it..he say im lying..bt aftr he inspect my bike,he think that my tyre is e caused to this prob..haha..

n he also tell me mayb my rim also may caused to this prob too..cause im using stock rim..n ppl say stock rim is heavy?..is that true??

ermmm, yeah i agree that the tyre is the prob. but, im nt too sure about x1r stock rim. hmm, is it spoke? if wan use sotong, its better to use spoke, compatible lah they say. n i oso find it nice. if u wan make ur bike very light, might as well evrything u use light stuff, small tyres, spoke rims. hmmmm. i recommend u using viva tyre, 60/90 front and rear. =)))

bro... if you're using front 80/90, and back 90/80... i feel that its rather a wastage using back 90/80... cause i think if you use both front and back 80/90 enough, i mean small bikes how low can you "corner" on normal roads... :) cause i used like urs before, but i found out that the back threads on the sides don't really finish/get rubbed....

sorry just my 0.0000002cents....

i agreee with u many2.. i used up my rear tyre(centre botak) in 7 months.. wasted.. now i use maxxis diamond 70/90 front n back.. very nice thread pattern.. no more corner, discipline myself.. singapore rd corner risky lah.. u never know wats on the road... battlax or whatever, got sand only confirm buang..

ride safe guys..

who gets summoned for not signalling? i did..

dumb luck? maybe...

nak nene mandi air bunga...

battlax heavy.. confirm affect top speed.. but its stable.. due to the gyroscopic effect of the heavier wheels.. sotong tyres pickup nice, got better top end than battlax.. but across uneven roads at hight speed can be hairraising.. of cos sotong cannot corner lah.. actually can corner(got see b4 kr sotong corner) if u dare n u lucky.. hehehe...

ride safe guys..

who gets summoned for not signalling? i did..

dumb luck? maybe...

nak nene mandi air bunga...

ermmm, yeah i agree that the tyre is the prob. but, im nt too sure about x1r stock rim. hmm, is it spoke? if wan use sotong, its better to use spoke, compatible lah they say. n i oso find it nice. if u wan make ur bike very light, might as well evrything u use light stuff, small tyres, spoke rims. hmmmm. i recommend u using viva tyre, 60/90 front and rear. =)))

what if i use sotong tyres with sports rim ???

viva 6o/90 got tubeless for tat ??? last of all where to get viva tyres in sg ???

Safety should be the priority when choosing tyres. Its the only thing that keeps us in contact with the roads. Don't ever think that its a waste not being able to use that tyre till the edge. You want to corner low and show your skill please go to the appropriate place. You will only be getting into someone's way if you should fall on public roads. Spend a bit more on good tyres. You never know what kind of situation you might get into during your journeys. Who knows that extra bit of unused tyre could have saved you! Never sacrifice safety for performance. :cool:

IMHO using a smaller sized tyre to get better top speed is cheating. You changed your tyres but what about your meter? Has it been calibrated? Stock meters are already offset and by using smaller tyres you are offsetting it even more. Your 180km/h can be someone else's 140km/h. :cool:

KRGT-1

I want to ride my bicycle I want to ride my bike..I want to ride my bicycle I want to ride it where I like..

but i dont prefer spoke rim that much..i prefer sport rim though..im intending to change dunlop 80/80 or mayb 70/90..

what if i use sotong tyres with sports rim ???

viva 6o/90 got tubeless for tat ??? last of all where to get viva tyres in sg ???

sotong tyres with sports rim is not a prob actually. well, depends on individual lah. i like spokes, u like sport, i cannot force you and vice versa, its only a piece of recomendation or suggestion .

viva 60/90 tubeless? hmm, im not too sure,cos all along i used spoke rim, got tube. sorry that i cant clear ur doubts on this.

viva tyres, its damn hard to find in singapore ! but i managed to find after a long long search. but i forget the shop name. it is located at safra tampines there, near ite tampines, the shop at the end. hmmm, sorry to say this uh, but the shop like very dull and boring. however, i dun realli mind cos that is wher i got my viva. =))

sotong tyres with sports rim is not a prob actually. well, depends on individual lah. i like spokes, u like sport, i cannot force you and vice versa, its only a piece of recomendation or suggestion .

viva 60/90 tubeless? hmm, im not too sure,cos all along i used spoke rim, got tube. sorry that i cant clear ur doubts on this.

viva tyres, its damn hard to find in singapore ! but i managed to find after a long long search. but i forget the shop name. it is located at safra tampines there, near ite tampines, the shop at the end. hmmm, sorry to say this uh, but the shop like very dull and boring. however, i dun realli mind cos that is wher i got my viva. =))

thanks bro for the advice ....

hahaah ... depends on individual lah ... DPDP . different people, different perspectives . =)) at the end of the day, you must be the one that is gonna feel happy. =)))

hahhaha yeah!!..u are right bro!..

btw do u knw if dunlop gt selling 70/80 tubeless??..coz everitime i see at shop,they only selling 70/80 wif tube..mayb u cn clear my doubts abt this..hehehe

Anyone knows what is the original size for sotong tire on Wave? And also, any recommendation on which brand to buy?

Class 3 - 22/11/1996

@ Kampong Ubi Driving Centre

Class 4 - 19/11/1999

@ Pan Country Driving Centre

Class 2B - 28/01/2005

@ Singapore Safety Driving Centre

Class 2A - 15/02/2011

@ Comfort Driving Centre

Class 2 - 17/02/2014

@ Comfort Driving Centre

battlax smallest is 80/90.

tt900 is at best dubbed similar to battlax. but those who used it will know, after less than half the lifespan of standard bt39, the tt900 will start to swell. i.e. like horse riding, coz the walls of tt900 is screwed up.

therefore, u pay 50% less, u get 50% less good lifespan - u can INSIST on horseriding la.

hearsay there's a maxis as good as bt39, but only when new. once the grippy layer wears out, back to hard and slippery tires on the inside..

if u barely have enough for livelihood and bike, i suggest bt39 coz it's the most economical. but if u r really rich and bike repairs and hospitalisation bills are not issues and ur life is $1M insured - sure! try the other brands.

if u guys REALLY have the guts, wanna try top speed, i suggest get busa, not sotong. sotong is for kids/ adults with kids mentality, trying to prove something, whatever that is.

ps: i meant to discourage bikers from unnecessary and additional risks. if i offended u on the sotong part, pls pm me, i will offer a direct pm apology. cheers.

Be Safe & Wreckless

Sin Ming Editor 1 day jail, $2k fine for pillion death!

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5326937&posted=1#post5326937

battlax smallest is 80/90.

tt900 is at best dubbed similar to battlax. but those who used it will know, after less than half the lifespan of standard bt39, the tt900 will start to swell. i.e. like horse riding, coz the walls of tt900 is screwed up.

therefore, u pay 50% less, u get 50% less good lifespan - u can INSIST on horseriding la.

hearsay there's a maxis as good as bt39, but only when new. once the grippy layer wears out, back to hard and slippery tires on the inside..

if u barely have enough for livelihood and bike, i suggest bt39 coz it's the most economical. but if u r really rich and bike repairs and hospitalisation bills are not issues and ur life is $1M insured - sure! try the other brands.

if u guys REALLY have the guts, wanna try top speed, i suggest get busa, not sotong. sotong is for kids/ adults with kids mentality, trying to prove something, whatever that is.

ps: i meant to discourage bikers from unnecessary and additional risks. if i offended u on the sotong part, pls pm me, i will offer a direct pm apology. cheers.

Be Safe & Wreckless

Sin Ming Editor 1 day jail, $2k fine for pillion death!

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5326937&posted=1#post5326937