SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Discussion] Best Petrol Brand For Your S4?

cbwan Vtec

Which of the following Brand of pertol do you think is best for your S4, in term of $$ and  

532 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the following Brand of pertol do you think is best for your S4, in term of $$ and

hey all, the thing bout v-power able to clean engine is it a myth or truth??

hi, V power has FMT as the addictive. it make the fuel burn more entirely. as for wat i try, V power in high speed and long distance then u can feel the diff. if in SG i totally dun feel the 'Power'. if i want to clean mine engine. i take 1 full tank of caltex premium then back to shell 98 for 8 to 9 tank. cycle continue.. and i know tat for carb bike you dun enjoy the V power much. new S4 with PGM-FI will enjoy the diff. wat i know is carb always tend to input slidely more or less petrol to engine when throttle(too much or less petrol when throttle, the engine won't perform). FI bike will confirm have a better burning ratio, so FC will be better then u will enjoy V POWER.:thumb:

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi, V power has FMT as the addictive. it make the fuel burn more entirely. as for wat i try, V power in high speed and long distance then u can feel the diff. if in SG i totally dun feel the 'Power'. if i want to clean mine engine. i take 1 full tank of caltex premium then back to shell 98 for 8 to 9 tank. cycle continue.. and i know tat for carb bike you dun enjoy the V power much. new S4 with PGM-FI will enjoy the diff. wat i know is carb always tend to input slidely more or less petrol to engine when throttle(too much or less petrol when throttle, the engine won't perform). FI bike will confirm have a better burning ratio, so FC will be better then u will enjoy V POWER.:thumb:

A more complete combustion = leave lesser residue behind. But not necessary clean the engine rite? To clean the engine, you need more than just having a complete combustion. You need 'cleaning agent' to be inside the petrol probably like what Caltex techron claims....

So, can i say it is a myth that v-power cleans the engine???

May 2005 - July 2007: Honda Phantom TA200 (FU 3*** S)

July 2007 - Dec 2016: Honda CB400 Spec III (FBB 7***X)

Dec 2016 - Aug 2017: Yamaha FZ1N (FBD 4***E)

Aug 2017 - Present: Kawasaki Z1000SX (FBF 6***B)

Boono :cool:

A more complete combustion = leave lesser residue behind. But not necessary clean the engine rite? To clean the engine, you need more than just having a complete combustion. You need 'cleaning agent' to be inside the petrol probably like what Caltex techron claims....

So, can i say it is a myth that v-power cleans the engine???

eh.. ok. put it this way, two person selling same kind, same teste mostly all same chicken rice(use chicken rice cos i like C R). bcos they came out from the same ''sifu''(teacher)(another word ideal is the same). just tat one is call ''ah beng'' stall and the other call ''ah meng" stall. IMO:cheeky:

eh.. ok. put it this way, two person selling same kind, same teste mostly all same chicken rice(use chicken rice cos i like C R). bcos they came out from the same ''sifu''(teacher)(another word ideal is the same). just tat one is call ''ah beng'' stall and the other call ''ah meng" stall. IMO:cheeky:

i dun understand. So are u trying to say caltex techron and shell v-power are the same?

i dun understand. So are u trying to say caltex techron and shell v-power are the same?

additive diffrent, one is techron, one is FMT. eample of wat i think huh. no proven. techron additive ideal for clean up engine(detergent)100%. FMT detergent maybe 60% or more/less(i not sure) the rest is booth power. in other words, both have the ability to clean engine just that the percentage of the detergent input is diff.IMO:cheeky: wat i test on my S4, caltax do smooth in throttle(smooth mean carb clean, Rough mean dirt build up liao), but give less mileage. shell respone good and higher mileage. so both have thier pro and con.. Above say is wat i think, no proven. hope no offend to you:)

additive diffrent, one is techron, one is FMT. eample of wat i think huh. no proven. techron additive ideal for clean up engine(detergent)100%. FMT detergent maybe 60% or more/less(i not sure) the rest is booth power. in other words, both have the ability to clean engine just that the percentage of the detergent input is diff.IMO:cheeky: wat i test on my S4, caltax do smooth in throttle(smooth mean carb clean, Rough mean dirt build up liao), but give less mileage. shell respone good and higher mileage. so both have thier pro and con.. Above say is wat i think, no proven. hope no offend to you:)

icic. Maybe some others can second this.

BTW, dun worry S4vs, u have done nothing to make mi feel offended.

I have tried the JB caltax and v power recently, all no power on my spec 2! o_O ...anyone used fuel additive on JB petrol to improve it? i thinking of try that FP60 later, i used this in sg shell 92 and give me good response

U can try any brand, except diesel... :cheeky:

http://img524.imageshack.us/img524/4787/wallpaperdo9.jpg

1999 - 2001: Yamaha TZR125

2001 - 2003: Yamaha RXZ 135 / Wave 110

2003 - 2005: Yamaha Y125Z / Yamaha X1-110

2005 - 2010: Honda PB1 CB400 / Yamaha Spark 135 LC (auto) / Mitsubishi Lancer 1.6 (Sports Version)

2010 - Current: Yamaha RXZ Catalyzer & Yamaha Jupiter MX 135

for me, any petrol can do... since i started my touring trips, regardless of any petrol station u see, u also have to pump...

u guys might wana try Petronas for the combustion rate seems better than Shell V Power... my 2 cents... :dot:

AMKS4 Riders, Gathering S4 Riders of our Tomato Land

- My current ride, Honda CB 400 Super 4 Hyper VTEC. More pictures @ friendster.com/s4vtec -

http://photos-566.friendster.com/e1/photos/66/56/31526566/1_265855588l.jpg

- Feel free to contact Thomas aka s4vtec @ 969-11-787 should you have any questions about your S4. -

• 2 weeks later...

Any brand also can la..like s4vtec say..have to pump mean have to pump :)

You want to ahve that extra go!go!go!!!!...take a few bottle of Octane booster along la...any brand of petrol also become "Z" Power!

Stupid Hurts!.:giddy:Speed doesn't kill, mistakes does :faint:

BEER!...it's cheaper than fuel now! DRINK!..DON'T RIDE!

Any brand also can la..like s4vtec say..have to pump mean have to pump :)

You want to ahve that extra go!go!go!!!!...take a few bottle of Octane booster along la...any brand of petrol also become "Z" Power!

you mean NOS? lol! :p

AMKS4 Riders, Gathering S4 Riders of our Tomato Land

- My current ride, Honda CB 400 Super 4 Hyper VTEC. More pictures @ friendster.com/s4vtec -

http://photos-566.friendster.com/e1/photos/66/56/31526566/1_265855588l.jpg

- Feel free to contact Thomas aka s4vtec @ 969-11-787 should you have any questions about your S4. -

NOS? lol! :p

No lah..STP or Putoline one will do lah :) The other one is for chasing Aiyasuza...LOL!

STP or Putoline thing cost?

AMK Industrial park 2..next to Caltex Station on your left if you are facing the Station..shop is three unit or so away from Ban Hong Mototiam.STP...$4.50 to $5.50.....Putionline at LAB...price to me was $10.

but got choice must choose bit leh, if kena the kenoso petrol

Oh yah lah..this I agreed. Hmmmm..."kenoso"..sound funny name leh and may be taht why their petrol is also funny...LOL!

rumour say some JB petrol got add in this staff

Orh yes..they did that to WD40 a long long time ago...now petrol?...gosh!

but i thought in order to leave the country,u need to have 3/4 tank?

2B - 19th November 2007 (BBDC)

2A - 20th January 2009 (BBDC)

2 - 27th April 2010 (BBDC)

3 - 15th January 2015 (BBDC)

19/11/2007 - 20/01/2009 - Daelim Roadwin 125 (FY4650U)

11/08/2008 - 17/06/2013 - Honda CB 400 Spec III (FZ9538Z)

17/06/2013 - Present - NC700x (FBH**0*G)

but i thought in order to leave the country,u need to have 3/4 tank?

Thats for car...bike even empty tank also can :D

I thought a thought. But the thought I thought wasn't the thought I thought I thought. If the thought I thought I thought had been the thought I thought, I wouldn't have thought so much.

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z157/sfazruzs/My%20Car/CutePorsheSfazruzs.jpg

Propaganda outweighs journalism, prejudice defeats dialogue

so far i hve pumped mobil thru the woodlands link.gives me more mileage than v power n caltex.caltex altho the fuel is thinner cant feel the power like v power.i wld rather go for both power n mileage which mobil offers...

so far i hve pumped mobil thru the woodlands link.gives me more mileage than v power n caltex.caltex altho the fuel is thinner cant feel the power like v power.i wld rather go for both power n mileage which mobil offers...

where is the nearest mobil besides the one along teberau?

Long time never check in here... Anyone know or can advice how's the Jam going in and out JB?

For bikes should be ok aft 8pm, daytime not sure cos i always go at night.....SG Petrol price up again, lucky i got JB one :cheeky: