SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

SBF Classic Vespa's Cafe 2009 / 2010

Vesphan

• Replies 11.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Wildswans

• -ResiDue-

• Sharpey

• machine k

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

wow..so much been going on...muz be the weather eh?

i do agree with sharpey abt scouting ard for prices. juz a lil more effort to make sure u have the best deals and prevent urself frm being a 'carrot'.

fluffpuff>> u did pm me on paint once rite? so how's it getting along?

Originally posted by cephelix@January 14, 2007 06:22 pm

rain rain!!

finally stopped in bedok..but dont know for how long...

sharpey> crank?

rae > will do.......

need more spare time to go scouting...TA doesnt open on a sunday right?

oh yah... u will learn the price of vespa parts by heart after some time.. dont fret over it. everyone will bound to get chopped. one best way is to call TA and ask em for the price so u can compare it to other shop later. no shop guerenteed to sell the cheapest part. some place are cheaper for a certain part while others are cheaper for some other parts. it all take experience. take it slow..

cheers

Come original, u gotta come original...

cephelix - TA does open on sunday, but they only open from 2 - 4 pm.

machine_k - i got my bike in september so it's been four months now. my actual experience as a rider is much less than 4 months though, considering i rarely ride. still have a lot to learn. but at least now, i don't have problems with my gearing. had soo much problems with the changing of my gears at first. even fell once at a traffic light while moving off cos i couldn't find my 1st gear, nor second, panicked, threw my clutch, did a wheelie, twisted my handlebar and skidded :weep: still have the scars till today. gahh oh well, it taught me an important lesson - never panick when you can't find your gears, and never ever throw your clutch and twist your handlebar while doing a wheelie :lol:

rae07 - hi there bro! yeah u remember me! haha yar i did PM you before asking you about the paint you used on your bike. i decided not to DIY artwork in the form of paint on my bike in the end but added touches like tassels (temporarily torn off due to being bumped while parked at ah joo's), pink crystalised vespa word badge on the front legshield, leopard print fur seat cover and a pink crystalised mudflap :smile: planning to replace my mudflap soon though.

ooo...ok, so what's so special about the crank that's sharpey talking about?

anyone knows where to customize the word badge???

2-4?very small window of time to go n see stuff.maybe i'll go ext week if the weather is ok....

yeah...fluff,don't panic.....

wish there was an online pricelist like the stuff at sim lim....

-= Unsure of what to get=-

ok... a cut crank is one that has had some material cut off it to allow for more fuel to enter the cylinder during the power stroke... essentially it has a longer inlet time....

Cephelix... a 60mm crank is special (stock is 57mm) because it increases the displacement of the cylinder by virtue of addiding an extra 1.5mm of stroke in either direction... thus making a pinasco 215 into a pinasco 225 :smile: 130 Euros plus shipping...... not cheap.... but good :smile:

Vespa PX200Disc ------The Pinaccle of Classic Scootering------

www vesporeanfaq:) wikispaces:) com

sure.. plenty you can do...

Any idea when the pinasco kit was put on your scoot? Chances are your cylinde rhead could do with replacing (60 Euro from same worb5.com) to give you a setup with more torque low down. You can have your case inlet (where the carb mounts to the engine casings) cleaned up to allow for a smother flow of atomised fuel into your engine... You can also look into having a mechanic match the larger port on the pinasco to the smaller stock one on your px200 engine cases (pinasco has bigger port, so engine case port can be opened up to match...) This will give you a nice little boost over what you have currently... Mr Wee is probably the man for the job.

There's plenty to do, and trust me, I'm faaaaaaarrrrr from being an expert on these things... really just getting my feet when it comes to such things, but heck... its a hobby, so you're always learning... :smile:

I think we should have a look at your scoot first.... then it'll be clearer.

Vespa PX200Disc ------The Pinaccle of Classic Scootering------

www vesporeanfaq:) wikispaces:) com

fluffpuff>> ouch! :cry: painful experience.

cephelix>> No need to use vespa fonts lah..just go to those diy/art&craft shops and buy those alphabets and stick on.. i used to stick my initials on my scoot. haha!

sharpey>> i wonder how much u spend in doing your scoot. never seems to run out of things to modify

wow!!! it pretty active for the past 2 days...

how are you guys man....been raining since friday...sianz....

on sat, had a good run on my scoots yesterday....pretty comfortable....except that i have still yet to get the hang on the gears...gearing still new...need to season the gears first....paint work not done...hence need another month before it is fully restored!!! the torque is pretty good but i guess the restriction is the damn exhaust....

hmmm....60mm crank....will it fit inside the block since it has 3 mm more?

what does it mean by saying that it increases the pinasco from 215 to 225...

cephelix,

i guess you should read some of these links...helps you understand a little more on your scoots..the cranks, porting, carbs....

http://www.scooterhelp.com/

http://www.vespamaintenance.com/

1995-1996: Yamaha TZR125

1996-1997: Kawasaki KIPS150

1997-present: Vespa Sprint Veloce

2001-2003: Honda CBR400RL

2005-2005: Honda CB400Vtec2

2005-2007: Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

2007-2011: Yamaha RXK135

2013-2014: Harley Davidson Nightster

2014-present: Harley Davidson Fatboy