SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

You can mix eo with chain wax to make it stickier. I'm using a normal chain wax mixed with gear oil, ratio about 1:5.

oh ok.. thanks for the advise.. might try that as well..

Rat bike - A motorcycle not necessarily kept in pristine condition, often painted matt black. Minimal maintenance and mismatched parts often used.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...

For those who are looking for a way to make your oiler automatic and has a vacuum tube on your bike, you can use the fuel petcock that is vacuum activated as a automatic switch.

An example of such fuel petcock would be the super 4 fuel petcock which is easily available at the scrapyards.

http://i338.photobucket.com/albums/n426/joajas/DSC02012a.jpg

http://i338.photobucket.com/albums/n426/joajas/DSC02013a.jpg

http://i338.photobucket.com/albums/n426/joajas/DSC02020a.jpg

http://i338.photobucket.com/albums/n426/joajas/DSC02021.jpg

Do not use the blue aquarium air tube for vacuum it is too soft, get the stiffest one.

When the engine is running, the diaphram in the fuel petcock will allow the oil to flow, when the engine stops no oil can pass through.

This acts as the on/off switch for your oiler.

You will still need a tap to regulate the amount of oil flow to the chain.

Pulsar UG3 (Mar 07 -> 21 Jan 2009)

S4 Ver S. (Scrapped May 2010)

S4 Revo (05 Aug 2010 -> current)

• 4 weeks later...

I have not start my DIY oiler yet but going to start soon.

Just to share some ideas,

1) Side Stand Automatic On/Off

perhaps we can translate the movement of the side stand to switch the valve on and off. After all, thats one of the things you do when getting off or on your bike. This may include the use of hard flexible plastic rod, more cable ties, wood fixture, rubber damper, plastic gears etc, depending on your flow of ideas.

2) Stop Leakage During Parking

to prevent leakage during parking, in theory, the tube being tied to the swing arm can be a little inclined upwards(5 degrees maybe) towards the dispensing end(chain/sprocket end). (See attached image)

Then by adding a on/off valve at the lower end of the swing arm to the tube, gravity weight down the oil towards the valve end (lower) rather than to the higher end (chain/sprocket), thus preventing oil from escaping. This is the "Off" pump head(See image) which let the oil settle onto the "Off" Valve during parking.

When the valve is turned on, the oil reservoir, mounted at a higher place, has a higher "pump head" which will easily overcome the small inclined at the swing arm to provide the oil flow to the chain. This is the "On" pump head(See image). Oil will flow out when ("On" pump head) minus ("Off" pump head) is positive.

PS: Theories need some trial data to prove it can work, happy trying! =)

Oiler Pump Head V1.jpg

I have not start my DIY oiler yet but going to start soon.

Just to share some ideas,

1) Side Stand Automatic On/Off

perhaps we can translate the movement of the side stand to switch the valve on and off. After all, thats one of the things you do when getting off or on your bike. This may include the use of hard flexible plastic rod, more cable ties, wood fixture, rubber damper, plastic gears etc, depending on your flow of ideas.

2) Stop Leakage During Parking

to prevent leakage during parking, in theory, the tube being tied to the swing arm can be a little inclined upwards(5 degrees maybe) towards the dispensing end(chain/sprocket end). (See attached image)

Then by adding a on/off valve at the lower end of the swing arm to the tube, gravity weight down the oil towards the valve end (lower) rather than to the higher end (chain/sprocket), thus preventing oil from escaping. This is the "Off" pump head(See image) which let the oil settle onto the "Off" Valve during parking.

When the valve is turned on, the oil reservoir, mounted at a higher place, has a higher "pump head" which will easily overcome the small inclined at the swing arm to provide the oil flow to the chain. This is the "On" pump head(See image). Oil will flow out when ("On" pump head) minus ("Off" pump head) is positive.

PS: Theories need some trial data to prove it can work, happy trying! =)

From your diagram, unless your controls are absolutely waterproof/air-tight at the switch, you are going to face a major leakage problem.

• 4 weeks later...
Have been overseas for a while, but now back.

If there is still demand, I can start selling the Rabbit Oiler again, keep the price at 25$ still.

nice.... add me to the list!!!

2006 - 2009 Super 4 spec II (FV **43 first ride)

2009 - 2010(jan) FZ1 08 (FBD3***)

2010 - 2013 Hayabusa 06 (FBA****)

2013 - ???? Tmax 2013 (FBH****)

http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l212/shadowles85/sign1.jpg

You can mix eo with chain wax to make it stickier. I'm using a normal chain wax mixed with gear oil, ratio about 1:5.

hi, want to ask, how you mix eo with chain wax in scottoiler? spray chain wax into the scottoiler then pour EO?

hmmm...indeed the EO is finer...try the sewing machine oil...so far i the results is gd :)

you mean singer oil?

Rat bike - A motorcycle not necessarily kept in pristine condition, often painted matt black. Minimal maintenance and mismatched parts often used.

• 2 weeks later...
I don't know about mixing, but i have good results from cheapo eo. EO will fling for sure, but I don't mind, so it is fine with me.

mine fling until the whole chainguard oily.. :(

$25 for a DIY oiler?

Spend ~$5 + some spares at home, the oiler can be made with ease.

Those having fling problem, try to reduce the oil flow... few min 1 drop. When riding the oil flow may also increase... So be careful, oil fling to number plate, chain guard OK... Fling to tire you will fall!

Edited by Limsteel

91-92: 84 Yam LC125

95-97: 88 Suz GSX400R & 88 GSX400FW

97-01: 95 Suz Bandit400

01-04: 96 Suz DR650SE

04-11: 99 Suz SV650S

05-05: 94 Suz DR200SE

06-16: 06 Kia Rio 1.4(M) Sedan

11-12: 02 BMW F650GS

12-16 01 BMW R1150GS

When- Burgman Tmax ??

i set mine to about 5/min.. is it too much for sg roads?

super duper much..

the drop rate at one drop per min is the max rate..

anything more then that will cause alot of excessive fling of oil..

:)

http://img814.imageshack.us/img814/3549/penguin.jpg

2001~04---> NSR-150SP(FT43**H), RXK(FD41**)

2004~06--> CBR-400RRR(FN31**R), RXK

2006~07 ---> CBR929RRY(FS35**C), RXK

2007~10 --> CBR929RRY, Wave125R(FY74**P)

2010~Present -> CBR1000RR10(FBE56**T), Wave125R

the number indicator 1-8 at the knob there is per min right?

wat knob??

u using those pre set valve to control ur flow?

cos the visocity of the eo is not very high.. abit of changes to the valve will cause a lot of change in the flow rate..

bottom line is that the rate must be not more than one drop per min..

http://www.alpineroads.com/t595/scottoiler/so01.jpg

hi

would much appreciate it if you can open the link above. the knob i am referring to is the black 1 at the scottoiler system. below that knob there are numbers right.. yah mine is set to 5.. does that mean 5 per min?

apologise if there's a manual given in the set and it stated.. i bought my bike with the scottoiler already installed.

ok did some quick research myself and realised the numbers below the flow adjustment knob is not a indicator of how many drops per min.. so what number do you guys normally put for sg roads?

ok did some quick research myself and realised the numbers below the flow adjustment knob is not a indicator of how many drops per min.. so what number do you guys normally put for sg roads?

i think u gone to the wrong thread..

over here, is diy chain oiler..

therefore the control valve we use is diff from yrs..

for u, hav to go to scott oiler thread

my flow rate is set to about 1 per 1+minute. I am using eo from carrefour, brand is "total". Still flings like no tomorrow, but the chain looks well lubed. So far have no problem with flings on tire.

What I do is use the heat shrink bought from sim lim tower, leave about 1 inch excess. After you shrink it with fire, it becomes a very flexible injector for your oiler.