SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

experimenting on auto-off valve... sourcing for valve... i found a branding new valve cost $50... would you buy?

how much would you spend for the auto feature? give me a range...

91-92: 84 Yam LC125

95-97: 88 Suz GSX400R & 88 GSX400FW

97-01: 95 Suz Bandit400

01-04: 96 Suz DR650SE

04-11: 99 Suz SV650S

05-05: 94 Suz DR200SE

06-16: 06 Kia Rio 1.4(M) Sedan

11-12: 02 BMW F650GS

12-16 01 BMW R1150GS

When- Burgman Tmax ??

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i tot 1 2 do a scottoiler replica... but the prob is the reservoir got to be air-tight and vaccum... anyone can recommend me such a bottle?

Life Is Never Fair.

Some pple slog for the paper in their wallet.

Some slog to feed the paper to the pple w/o the wallet.

Limsteel: auto off valve? wow tts cool! can post pics?

er.. but abit ex hor? i personally wouldnt be able to spend so much just on the valve.

lindavw: have u tried those large medical syringes? those should be airtight enough with the rubber ended plunger and all. Not too sure if they are large enough to be any good as oil reservoir though.

btw U mean u found a way of replicating the vacuum pump the scottoiler uses?

if ur reservior is air tight, there is no need for a vaccum pump. juz need a regulator to control the drips.

syringes i have but its damn hard to open n refill when the oil runs out and soon the rubber stopper will leak air into the syringe after much usage.

im looking for maybe 1 container that can open n close one.... beta

Life Is Never Fair.

Originally posted by lindavw@January 31, 2007 06:02 pm

if ur reservior is air tight, there is no need for a vaccum pump. juz need a regulator to control the drips.

syringes i have but its damn hard to open n refill when the oil runs out and soon the rubber stopper will leak air into the syringe after much usage.

im looking for maybe 1 container that can open n close one.... beta

er.. i dun understand, how is it that oil can flow out of an airtight bottle? unless u are using a large diameter tubing... :confused:

anyway i asked about the pump cos u said u intended to do a scottoiler replica mah.. and scottoiler taps into the engine vacuum (or airbox, or something, i'm not that sure), so i thought u managed to come up with something similar... just asking.

:smile:

hmm.. but usually airtight containers would have to have some sort of rubber gasket/sealant/stopper, so hard to avoid the rubber wear and tear problem.

Good luck with ur search dude! Do inform us if u manage to find any. :thumb:

ok. if an air-tight container contains liquid, and has an outlet, once air is let into the container, the liquid will be able to flow out thru the outlet... that's wat im trying to do. we can tap the suction from the vaccum of the carbs, add a regulator, we can get a similar product of scottoiler

agree?

Life Is Never Fair.

Originally posted by lindavw@February 01, 2007 04:42 pm

ok. if an air-tight container contains liquid, and has an outlet, once air is let into the container, the liquid will be able to flow out thru the outlet... that's wat im trying to do. we can tap the suction from the vaccum of the carbs, add a regulator, we can get a similar product of scottoiler

agree?

oh ok, i understand liao. :sweat:

now... any suggestions for an air-tight reservoir/container to be used?

medicine bottle or those bottle u all use to squeeze.... out cos they r not air-tight...

Life Is Never Fair.

• 3 weeks later...

Btw, here's how Scottoiler do their installation.

http://www.scottoiler.com/support_installation-guides.asp

Some extracts for the end nib:

1. The nib should feed the sprocket between the 6 & 7 o’clock positions, with the cut face facing outwards, as shown below.

2.Start the engine and turn the adjuster knob until a flow of between 1 and 2 drops per minute is achieved.

So basically the end tip is touching the sprocket, cut face facing outwards, and adjusted to 1-2 drops per min, correct?

Originally posted by kaiq@February 17, 2007 01:45 am

Btw, here's how Scottoiler do their installation.

http://www.scottoiler.com/support_installation-guides.asp

Some extracts for the end nib:

1. The nib should feed the sprocket between the 6 & 7 o’clock positions, with the cut face facing outwards, as shown below.

2.Start the engine and turn the adjuster knob until a flow of between 1 and 2 drops per minute is achieved.

So basically the end tip is touching the sprocket, cut face facing outwards, and adjusted to 1-2 drops per min, correct?

must see the diameter of the nib of scottoiler..

:smile:

http://img814.imageshack.us/img814/3549/penguin.jpg

2001~04---> NSR-150SP(FT43**H), RXK(FD41**)

2004~06--> CBR-400RRR(FN31**R), RXK

2006~07 ---> CBR929RRY(FS35**C), RXK

2007~10 --> CBR929RRY, Wave125R(FY74**P)

2010~Present -> CBR1000RR10(FBE56**T), Wave125R

• 2 weeks later...

i change bike le now my new bike got main stand n the chain is got cover like wave that kind one... but i sold off my bike wif my previous chain oiler...

but still im quite interested to find a vaccum bottle.

brake fluid reservior was wat i used to use. but due to frequent opening n closing no more air-tight.

i tot of using some containers like the ones pple in lab use to keep small samples ones... 50ml the size oso juz rite...but i dunno is it air tight anot.

Life Is Never Fair.

Originally posted by lindavw@March 01, 2007 03:39 am

i change bike le now my new bike got main stand n the chain is got cover like wave that kind one... but i sold off my bike wif my previous chain oiler...

but still im quite interested to find a vaccum bottle.

brake fluid reservior was wat i used to use. but due to frequent opening n closing no more air-tight.

i tot of using some containers like the ones pple in lab use to keep small samples ones... 50ml the size oso juz rite...but i dunno is it air tight anot.

I think I got one of those from LAB, should be 50ml. Inside it got an extra piece of removable rubber to fill up the unused space, shape sort of like a cup.

With the "rubber cup" and cap, it is suppose to be air tight.

• 2 months later...

Hi, for those who had bought a homemade oiler from me. I will be offering a free servicing and replacement of worn parts (if necessary lah) within this month of May.

Pls SMS me at 96251262 for arrangements.

Guest @h_püi™
Originally posted by calyban@May 06, 2007 03:04 pm

Hi, for those who had bought a homemade oiler from me. I will be offering a free servicing and replacement of worn parts (if necessary lah) within this month of May.

Pls SMS me at 96251262 for arrangements.

bro, you selling oiler? how is it look like and how much? got pic to see?

thanks

ah pui: ya, used to fabricate a few oilers for others. photos of the oiler are posted on page 7.

now not really in 'mass production', but i've lots of leftover bits and pieces, thats y i offered a servicing and replacement of parts.

Hey, but if anyone's interested in getting a new oiler i dun mind fabricating a few more, i'm kinda free these few days. hehe.

hey calyban i am intersted in your diy chain oiler but how much are you sell it??

2006 - 2009 Super 4 spec II (FV **43 first ride)

2009 - 2010(jan) FZ1 08 (FBD3***)

2010 - 2013 Hayabusa 06 (FBA****)

2013 - ???? Tmax 2013 (FBH****)

http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l212/shadowles85/sign1.jpg

Guest @h_püi™
Originally posted by calyban@May 08, 2007 11:02 am

ah pui: ya, used to fabricate a few oilers for others. photos of the oiler are posted on page 7.

now not really in 'mass production', but i've lots of leftover bits and pieces, thats y i offered a servicing and replacement of parts.

Hey, but if anyone's interested in getting a new oiler i dun mind fabricating a few more, i'm kinda free these few days. hehe.

but you are selling what type? the squeeze bottle type? or the on off switch type?

Originally posted by calyban@May 08, 2007 11:02 am

got a pic to show?

i'm interested.

LEAF departure is B`cos of WIND pursit or TREE didn't ask her to stay?

U YEARN for wat u FANTASIZE den 2 realise who U should TREASURE...

å¶çš„离去是因为风的追足还是树没有挽留

你期望你所è¦å¾—, 但å´æ²¡æœ‰å‘现到你所真正ç惜的

http://www.comp.nus.edu.sg/~limtianc/achew_sig.gif

woah, didnt know got so many interested. haha, i meant for it to be a DIY project, the pics of the oiler and its fabrication process have been posted on page 7, u guys can take a look there.

my design is a simple oiler with a bottle reservoir, one valve switch which also controls the flow. The oil flow is itself dependent on gravity and the vacuum in the oil tube.

It not an on-off affair, have to prime it weekly/mthly whenever u use it (1 minute job). This is so that each lubrication is in a controlled amount, so no worries that the whole reservoir of oil will leak out if u forget to switch off, or if there are any worn out connectors.

oh ya, it also has a dual applicator which lubes both side of the sprocket.

I used to fabricate for some of our forumers at $20/$25 each with installation ($25 was during my pre-exam period, no time then so i had to charge more).

If u guys no time to DIY, i can customise a set for ur bike at $20 fixed, but installation only at my place. Pls do not post ur request here, if not we go off topic liao. SMS me at 96251262 to find out more instead.

Those who do not want to spend any $ and feel like getting fabricating their own can refer to pg 7 for the instructions and materials list. Post here if u have any queries on the DIY process, Or u can oso contact me I dun mind demo to u, FOC (but materials not provided lah).

cheers ppl