SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Guest pipika
Originally posted by lindavw@January 06, 2007 02:48 am

its juz a way to safe $$$$ rather than to install a scott oiler...

pipika u 1 2 install on ur Vtec ah???

Yupz..... want to install on my vtec..... coz now raining.. else everytime push n lube chain not convenient........esp in the dark

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Originally posted by pipika@January 08, 2007 01:28 pm

Yupz..... want to install on my vtec..... coz now raining.. else everytime push n lube chain not convenient........esp in the dark

actually no need to push yr bike around..

u can lift yr rear wheel by lifting yr exhaust..

then will save u the hassle from pushing around..

:smile:

http://img814.imageshack.us/img814/3549/penguin.jpg

2001~04---> NSR-150SP(FT43**H), RXK(FD41**)

2004~06--> CBR-400RRR(FN31**R), RXK

2006~07 ---> CBR929RRY(FS35**C), RXK

2007~10 --> CBR929RRY, Wave125R(FY74**P)

2010~Present -> CBR1000RR10(FBE56**T), Wave125R

what are the different "devices" is the most effective in regulating the oil flow? i can't seem to get the just-nice flow sia... just now oil fling all over sia.. i using the metal valve to regulate oil flow now.. any better suggestions? is the screw one better? but would leak thru the threads right?

[CENTER][IMG]http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t148/binkaz11/1_980549729l.jpg[/IMG] [I][B][FONT="Verdana"][SIZE="3"][COLOR="DarkRed"]Wooo HoOOoOooooo~[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B][/I][/CENTER]

how abt meeting one sat in the afternoon??

bring u guys buy the valve..

cos i notice the setup fail when u guys get the metal valve due to threaded part leaking or the valve itself..

Guest @h_püi™

Hi guys,

i'm using this method to stop the leakage of the oil....

i using the metal on-off valve for on and off the oil flow and the plastic screw valve for the flow control...

initial there were sign of leakage for this two valve... finally i use those white tape for plumping to tape around those water tap so as to made the screw thread or the tude connection that side thicker, and when you connect the tude, it will some how expand to made it tight and the leakage stop...

below is the pic on the product white tape and how to go about doing it...

BUT dun over do it.. else the tude can;t connect to the valve..

Thick doesn;t mean better...

If you KS, after connecting the tude.. do some more round around it.. to double confirm that it will sure won;t leak...

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q246/ah_puiz/IMG_0002.jpg

NOTE: i experienced one thing is that.. all these leakage stopping precaution should be done b4 everything, cos if you already using your chain oiler and you decided to do this stoppage.. is adviceable to buy the new valve and tube... cos once the valve and tude have oil and you pull it out and decided to change this and that.. when you put it back using the same tude and/or valve.. somehow you will make it even worst...

Above is what i did to stop the leakage.. hope these will help those who need it too...

Guest pipika
Originally posted by Aalex82@January 08, 2007 02:43 pm

actually no need to push yr bike around..

u can lift yr rear wheel by lifting yr exhaust..

then will save u the hassle from pushing around..

Errr.... i lub when parking then head home.. dun think can lift the exhast if i do that=)

Originally posted by pipika@January 05, 2007 03:35 pm

Anybody can guide me to install? N to give a list of the parts too.....

Cant visualise how u guys install it.

Are we able to get all the parts near Kelantan Lane or near Ah Boy's shop?

I have questions like where to get the oil container bottle which has a tube coming out from the bottle cap and where to get the dripper (I dunno what is the proper name) which is at the end, near to the sprocket or chain to be lubed?

I intend to try out DIY-ing this oiler, so thanks in advance for providing information. :smile:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v195/gp02lkh/VTEC_Warning.jpg

Originally posted by Bunta@January 10, 2007 08:55 am

Are we able to get all the parts near Kelantan Lane or near Ah Boy's shop?

I have questions like where to get the oil container bottle which has a tube coming out from the bottle cap and where to get the dripper (I dunno what is the proper name) which is at the end, near to the sprocket or chain to be lubed?

I intend to try out DIY-ing this oiler, so thanks in advance for providing information. :smile:

the bottle can be anything..

juz ensure the bottle is air tight.. so u will not experience any oil leak in future..

the things that are needed is posted in the 1st few pages..

Guest enHANZed

if u guys want better parts for ur oilers maybe u can try ordering parts from scottoiler itself ...not very ex...parts like the main injectors are the most important but hardest to fabricate a good one

Originally posted by Ah_pui+January 08, 2007 06:42 pm-->
QUOTE (Ah_pui @ January 08, 2007 06:42 pm)
Hi guys,

i'm using this method to stop the leakage of the oil....

i using the metal on-off valve for on and off the oil flow and the plastic screw valve for the flow control...

initial there were sign of leakage for this two valve... finally i use those white tape for plumping to tape around those water tap so as to made the screw thread or the tude connection that side thicker, and when you connect the tude, it will some how expand to made it tight and the leakage stop...

below is the pic on the product white tape and how to go about doing it...

BUT dun over do it.. else the tude can;t connect to the valve..

Thick doesn;t mean better...

If you KS, after connecting the tude.. do some more round around it.. to double confirm that it will sure won;t leak...

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q246/ah_puiz/IMG_0002.jpg

NOTE: i experienced one thing is that.. all these leakage stopping precaution should be done b4 everything, cos if you already using your chain oiler and you decided to do this stoppage.. is adviceable to buy the new valve and tube... cos once the valve and tude have oil and you pull it out and decided to change this and that.. when you put it back using the same tude and/or valve.. somehow you will make it even worst...

Above is what i did to stop the leakage.. hope these will help those who need it too...[/b]

Maybe can use cable tie and tighten it..Ahaha..After the white tape around the valve threads that is..

09/07/2009 - Passed 2B TP (10th attempt)

I have tried to see things from your point of view..But no matter how hard I try..Or what I do..I just can't get my head that far up my butt..

Originally posted by enHANZed@January 10, 2007 04:25 pm

if u guys want better parts for ur oilers maybe u can try ordering parts from scottoiler itself ...not very ex...parts like the main injectors are the most important but hardest to fabricate a good one

Haha, yeah totally agree that the applicator is one helluva biatch to fabricate.

Anyway i have some guys asking me how to fab my applicator. here's an 'exploded' pic of the applicator to illustrate its component parts.

It consists of:

-1 central Y- connector

-2 shaped 4mm diameter rubber tubings

-3 segments of 5mm diameter rubber tubings

-1 length of thin metal wire

http://img243.imageshack.us/img243/6447/image1132avv3.jpg

finally, attach the applicator to a length of thicker metal rod. The rod provides a frame that can be secured onto ur swingarm with the applicator positioned at the sprocket.

http://img180.imageshack.us/img180/9641/image1138acc2.jpg

thanks to Calyban for posting pictures and other bros here for providing additional info. Just for starters, I took a used medicine bottle, and now I am stuck...

How do I connect the tubing to the bottle cap and ensure that the cap doesn't leak? Am I supposed to drill the cap in order for the tubing to go thru? :confused:

Originally posted by Bunta@January 12, 2007 03:49 pm

thanks to Calyban for posting pictures and other bros here for providing additional info. Just for starters, I took a used medicine bottle, and now I am stuck...

How do I connect the tubing to the bottle cap and ensure that the cap doesn't leak? Am I supposed to drill the cap in order for the tubing to go thru? :confused:

u hav to make a hole by drilling..

the tubing should be the bottom of the bottle. while the check valve is at the bottle cap..

if not how u refill in future??

bunta: sorry i cant really say much about making a perm oil reservoir from medicine bottle cos my setup just store the oil separately.

A few reasons i made it like that is cos

1. it allows me to limit and control the amt of oil actually going into the oiler.

2. it prevents me from facing constant leaking problems.

3. there is no issue of whole bottle of oil being drained away if i forget to turn off the valve, only the bit of oil stored in the tubing is lost.

4. it allows me to conserve underseat space on my bike as the oil reservoir bot can be taken out and stored elsewhere.

5. no need to poke holes or fiddle too much with the bottle reservoirs and tubings during the DIY process, if oil bottle lost or damaged can easily be replaced.

of course there are many disadvantages to this setup oso,

-always need to manually refill the oiler tubing from the bottle reservoir

-not much oil reserve can be stored within the tubing itself (the limited capacity in the tubing means limited mileage of oiling before needing to topup again, not too good during extreme touring cos need to topup oiler oso at every petrol stop)

-oil reservoir easier to be lost since it is not permanently attached to oiler setup.

-need to wait a few sec for the oil to flow down the tubing to the applicator at every refill before it can really start the oiling process, i.e. the oiler needs to be primed at every refill, so its not a simple turn on and ride off thing.

etc, etc...

But of course considering that i use my bike more for short daily commuting than for long distance touring, i only need to fiddle with my oiler once per week, hence i find these negative tradeoffs for the above advantages much preferable loh.

Guest @h_püi™

Hi guys, this is my own setup for my oiler bottle...

BTW, this setup is not suitable for all bike.. as my is a cruiser type... i just mount my bottle on one of the rear top box rack...

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q246/ah_puiz/bottle.jpg

as you can see from the pic.. my bottle is not a see thru type therefore i got an additional tube coming out just to measure how much oil i have inside...

and from the bottom of the bottle, i drill a hole and insert a T-joint connector(can get from fish shop) and one end is to my applicator then other end i just joint back to the top of the bottle for the measurement.. There also two holes(drilled) ontop of the bottle(cap area) to ensure that the flow of the oil to the applicator is smooth :cheer: :cheer:

the clip is just to prevent the tube from coming out due to oil surface.

AND i seal up or secure all connector using super glue to the bottle...

NOTE that for best result, super glue all necessary joint/places and wait at least a day for it to dry up b4 pouring oil into it..

Originally posted by il4@September 25, 2005 11:16 am

"Caveman Concept"

Lowest Cost

Most Manual

Most DIY

http://www.quality-cycle.com/The_Correct_Way_to_Lube_your_Chain_001.jpg

How to Correctly Lube your Chain!

Most people (probably 7 out of 10) don�t know how to correctly �lube� their Motorcycle Chain! A chain wears at it�s �Pins�, that holds the inner & outer Side Plates together.

It�s �Pin� wear that causes your chain to stretch! (wear)

Most people just spray the chain lube on the back of the sprocket down the middle of the chain. This does your chain very little good!!!! The chain �rollers need very little lubrication.

The only correct way to get the �lube� to the Pins....is to spray just above the chain at the bottom of the sprocket & let �gravity� do the work. The lube will flow between the side plates to get to the shaft of the Pins.

Then do the other side the same way. The difference between a improperly lubed chain & one that is �lubed� correctly can mean up to a 35% increase in the life of your chain!

Remember that a properly lubed non O-Ring Chain with the same Tensile Strength.....will last just as long if �lubed� correctly! Even a X-Ring chain seals have to be lubed occasionally to keep them from drying out & help flush grit off the chain!!!!

Hi,

I think this is a wrong place to spray your lub......chose a place between the front and rear sprocket away from the tyre.... like pic attached...thanks

post-5-1169100531.jpg

The Prophet (blessings and peace be upon him) said, "Remember more often the destroyer of pleasures - death." In Memory Of Dr Bend......

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_KQlEXdWc6sc/S11EmtnFr4I/AAAAAAAADts/Ovr7K3cpY68/s640/DSC03391.jpg

Originally posted by calyban@January 13, 2007 10:06 am

bunta: sorry i cant really say much about making a perm oil reservoir from medicine bottle cos my setup just store the oil separately.

A few reasons i made it like that is cos

1. it allows me to limit and control the amt of oil actually going into the oiler.

2. it prevents me from facing constant leaking problems.

3. there is no issue of whole bottle of oil being drained away if i forget to turn off the valve, only the bit of oil stored in the tubing is lost.

4. it allows me to conserve underseat space on my bike as the oil reservoir bot can be taken out and stored elsewhere.

5. no need to poke holes or fiddle too much with the bottle reservoirs and tubings during the DIY process, if oil bottle lost or damaged can easily be replaced.

of course there are many disadvantages to this setup oso,

-always need to manually refill the oiler tubing from the bottle reservoir

-not much oil reserve can be stored within the tubing itself (the limited capacity in the tubing means limited mileage of oiling before needing to topup again, not too good during extreme touring cos need to topup oiler oso at every petrol stop)

-oil reservoir easier to be lost since it is not permanently attached to oiler setup.

-need to wait a few sec for the oil to flow down the tubing to the applicator at every refill before it can really start the oiling process, i.e. the oiler needs to be primed at every refill, so its not a simple turn on and ride off thing.

etc, etc...

But of course considering that i use my bike more for short daily commuting than for long distance touring, i only need to fiddle with my oiler once per week, hence i find these negative tradeoffs for the above advantages much preferable loh.

I see. Thanks for the info. I'll try to see if I can work it out or not..:smile:

• 2 weeks later...

hi guys, I got a oil reservoir bottle for sale..for $4.. bought it at hardware shop this morn, then found out that I dun really like it.. interested pls pm me..

Calyban, chua here.. I bought the same bottle as aurs leh.. the one with a metal valve attached to it.. do u have a pic?? so that i can post it???

Ride safe, or else urs will be the one I'm looking at, at work!!!! :cool:

http://www.visualsunlimited.com/images/watermarked/992/99279.jpg

Hi Chua, for a moment there i thought u asking me to get the bottle from u for $3. Glad u found the foto i posted earlier.

This type of bottle is good as a fixed squeeze-type reservoir cos the metal stem can be extended to be used as a rigid point of attachment.

Arbo the other type of plastic containers can be very nuah, can flex about if not secured tightly, then if secure too tightly cannot squeeze properly.

Its a gd price u are offering for this bottle. I kena tokked cos i bought at $5.

btw ur oiler up til now no prob right?

Upz for u.

erm.. actually i took out urs and put my own version.. the drip part, i use a blunt syringe needle... so when i open the vale full flow, the oil oso drip very slow..something like 10sec per drop!!!

anyway, c when u gt time...can show me how to attach the bottle, the one that i'm selling now?? cos i dunno how to use, that's y i'm selling it!!!

very hard to explain the prob here.

erm.. actually i took out urs and put my own version.. the drip part, i use a blunt syringe needle... so when i open the vale full flow, the oil oso drip very slow..something like 10sec per drop!!!

anyway, c when u gt time...can show me how to attach the bottle, the one that i'm selling now?? cos i dunno how to use, that's y i'm selling it!!!

very hard to explain the prob here.

wahaha... its good to hear that u have started to to DIY your own oiler. Feels shiok when u see the whole thing come up swee swee right?

actually i've been wanting to find u regarding the free retrofitting of a 'control' valve onto the set i fixed for u. Cos i discovered a valve that helps to reduce the flow of the oil only after i fixed it on urs, been using it when i fix for other ppl so only fair that i put it on urs. But it seems like u dun need it liao, hehe.

Hmm... ur bottle is actually more suitable for mounting externally, i dun think will be appropriate for ur bike.

anyway i saw one DIY oiler done by another guy, his oiler uses a main reservoir and he managed to extend the control valve to the handlebar so that the oiler can be switch on and off even when riding.

Mebbe i will try fabricating something like that one of these days when i am free.