SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

All about Steed

live-to-ride

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

thanks guys.. for ya help...

i confirm with a seller on a steed le.. so cant wait to ride it...

things i need to ask tho... it has been de-registered ... have not paid road tax.. so cant ride...

so whats the best procedure to get the bike in the leas amount spent... can i do insurance without roadtax first? cuz i think need inspection as well..

than need go shop for full servicing... any recommandation? but around queenstown or north area.. not to far...

IU unit also down.. petrol swtich from reserve to on and off also down.. tank giving off strong petrol smell.. but no sign of leakage.. so think could be of the spoiled switch.

good thing about the steed... 1owner, engine is excellent.

where can i get saddle bags that is able to fit full face helmet and be locked... ? or box? ahaha

thank you guys

err....didn't sound like a good deal leh? How attractive? $300?

w y x m m

1.hi,I just bought a 1997 steed VSE. condition was superb,it got ten more years on the road. i am using semi-syntetic oil for the engine. can anyone tell me how many kilometers it can last before the next EO.

2.like to know on the meter, the oil and the temperature lamp what do they actually mean. any advice from you steed riders is very much appreciated.

1.hi,I just bought a 1997 steed VSE. condition was superb,it got ten more years on the road. i am using semi-syntetic oil for the engine. can anyone tell me how many kilometers it can last before the next EO.

2.like to know on the meter, the oil and the temperature lamp what do they actually mean. any advice from you steed riders is very much appreciated.

1. I change engine oil,spark plug and oil filter every 3000 km.

2. The oil lamp will be lighted when you turn on the ignition key.Once you start the engine it should go off within about 1 to 2 second.This is the oil pressure lamp. As for the temperature lamp, it will turn on or light-up only when the engine is too hot or overheating.

Hope this helps..happy riding!!!!!

http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i63/MidnightBlues_2006/SturgisBikeWeek2.jpg

Never Let Your Rear Wheel Overtake Your Front Wheel.

hi bros...

was thinking if any one of you ever changed handle bar to a straight wan... i love the posture of straight handle bar... say pro far bar (trimed) at comforable length, or rethal..

it is possible to install the handle bar right.. where is the place to do it and how much..

do you guys think its okie to install it on my steed... :D

do really like the curve one.. than orginal if i install side boxes... not very safe..

thank you

Patience is vital

speed is nothing, LIFE is soMeThiNg!

hi all who looking for 2nd hand steed..

chek out this guy bike.... i personally view it and was impressed.

Too bad i dun like Boon Siew attitude so i dun go for honda bikes anymore. if not i buy his.

Thanks bro but the iron horse has got its new rider already. May she be safe in the new hands.

"The thing about hanging around with Republicans is that I never thought it will be very unhip."

Hi All steed riders

can steed vse front rim change to sport rim? If can, where to change?

Think the Magna 750 front sport rim can fit the steed.

Yup, mine is the Magna 750's front rim. There'll be abt 1-2cm of space by the collar spacer when the rim's mounted onto the forks. But there wont be any wobble(check & tested).

As its smaller in dimension(thou fatter in width), cornering was bit terrible.

So in & on came a fork brace, the handling problem was more or less settled. Softness of the forks are also enhanced to better rigid resistance :)

Oya, might not be easy finding the rim thou...

& if Im not wrong, there's another fellow forumer with another type of aftermarket front sport rim.(Judging from his avatar)

Hi All steed riders

Where can i get a leather strip cover the fuel tank?

U mean a tank bra or strap?

Tank strap can look ard to see if there's any compatible, otherwise, think both have to custom make?

我们都在不断赶路忘记了出路, 在失望中追求偶尔的满足..

Disclaimer:

The above information is obtained from third party sources for which I assume no responsibility.

While there is no reason to believe that the information is unreliable, no liability is accepted for any errors or inaccuracies.™®©

some questions about steed. whats the full fuel capacity ? how many liters is the reserve tank and how much mileage can the reserve tank run ?

According to VLX 600 manual, tank capacity is 11 litres and reserve is 3.4 litres. Reserve tank mileage depends on your steed per litre mileage.

My steed mileage is between 26 to 27km per litre.

Hi kev's

Can your steed with sport rim pass during inspection?

Pardon my late reply.

Yes, I just pass the inspection on Nov. No problems with the alignment checking or whatsoever.

Disclaimer:

The above information is obtained from third party sources for which I assume no responsibility.

While there is no reason to believe that the information is unreliable, no liability is accepted for any errors or inaccuracies.™®©

According to VLX 600 manual, tank capacity is 11 litres and reserve is 3.4 litres. Reserve tank mileage depends on your steed per litre mileage.

My steed mileage is between 26 to 27km per litre.

!!!!

Think my bike's the most highest FC! I've to switch to reserve when I hit 200km+/-, meaning: mileage/litre = 200km/11L = 18.181818km/L

So for 3.4L(reserve), I'll have: 18.181818km/L x 3.4L = 61.818181km?

:faint:

Anyone has any idea how I can fine tune this problem?

I've tried meddling with the idle, but bike will die when come to a halt.

Bike does not have any engine problem or whatsoever..

Disclaimer:

!!!!

Think my bike's the most highest FC! I've to switch to reserve when I hit 200km+/-, meaning: mileage/litre = 200km/11L = 18.181818km/L

So for 3.4L(reserve), I'll have: 18.181818km/L x 3.4L = 61.818181km?

:faint:

Anyone has any idea how I can fine tune this problem?

I've tried meddling with the idle, but bike will die when come to a halt.

Bike does not have any engine problem or whatsoever..

Kev I think you got the calculation wrong. When you hit reserve at 200km there are still 3.4L in the tank. So the calculation should be...

200km/ 7.6L = 26.31KM/Litre..This is already good FC bro.

For me ,I will top up to full tank. Take the mileage reading and divide it by the amount of petrol that I pump in.