SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

All about Steed

live-to-ride

Guys,I got my Steed today.....:smile:

Take me 2hr plus to polish the chrome...:sweat: I had removed the box and bracket.Any1 keen do let me know fast.......:smile:

post-28-1178540301.jpg

92-94 (Yamaha FZ150,Suzuki Bandit,Vespa150)

98-2001 (Yamaha FZ150,Suzuki GSX-K',Yamaha Riva125,Honda X4 1300,Kawasaki ZX-11D4 ,Honda CB400 Version S,Honda Steed)

2005(Hexagon150)

2005(Yamaha Dragstar custom 400)

2006 (Honda Phantom 150)

2006-2007 ( Honda ST11)

2007 ( Honda Project Big 1)

2007 (Honda Steed VLX)

2007-2008 (Honda BlackBird CBR1100XX)

2008 (Yamaha Fazer 600 S2)

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Bro, welcome to the Steed club (no offence to non-steed readers). I have gotten my VLX about 6 mths back and hardly ride it but the site of it makes me glad that I can finally own a bike again.

I am also keen to do something with it and customised it to my likings. Hope to meet you guys and maybe learn something from you!

Enjoy!

Yesterday I had a breakthrough finding places to buy aftermarket parts for the Steed 400. And not just stuff, GREAT stuff!

Here goes:

Japanese site

Site encoding not working, so use copy/paste text into babelfish if you don't understand japanese.

Easy Riders, Japan

Chopper House, Thailand

Custom work - exhausts, tanks, etc.

Also, check out VLX Riders, a forum focusing on Steed and Shadow VLX.

Enjoy - I sure will!

Hi Steed Guys. I had did the following changes to my Steed

a) EO

b) Plugs

c) Oil/Air filter

d) Throttle grips(Strips Chrome)

e) Risers/Clamps

f) Near Straight Handle Bar,they called it Drag Bar(Frankly,I hate the original V-shape handle bar for VLX)

See Pic for the new handle bar.....if case other VLX owners keen.....:)

Plannings to change:

a) Signal Lights

b) Mirrors

c) Re-sprays

Thanks for viewing........

post-28-1178959011.jpg

98-2001 (Yamaha FZ150,Suzuki GSX-K',Yamaha Riva125,Honda X4 1300,Kawasaki ZX-11D4 ,Honda CB400 Version S,Honda Steed)

2005(Hexagon150)

2006 (Honda Phantom 150)

2006-2007 ( Honda ST11)

2007 (Honda Steed VLX)

The far view from rear left:smile: :smile:

post-28-1178959411.jpg

2005(Hexagon150)

2006 (Honda Phantom 150)

2006-2007 ( Honda ST11)

2007 (Honda Steed VLX)

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by madman@May 02, 2007 11:31 am

that's effectively the selling price only la, cos it's easy to DIY, nothing that difficult.

the chrome rack is rather universal, the pre-drilled holes i dun know if it'll fit your model or not, but can always drill one to fit if needed.

Thanks Madman,

I assume these are solid and not hollow crash bars. If solid and still available I will take it. Please PM your contact so I can arrange pick up. Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

hey... anyone know if the Bullet headlight can fit our steeds? or is there any bigger headlight that can fit onto steed?

finally... my chrome air box is kinda in bad shape. is there a metal polish shop that can restore that shine back?

Thanks Madman,

I assume these are solid and not hollow crash bars. If solid and still available I will take it. Please PM your contact so I can arrange pick up. Thanks

my contact always available in my siggy...you can always come take a look at the items 1st, before deciding.

I reside in the eastern side.

http://www.nutrition4u.sg/images/coaches/VicNette02.jpg

Contact me at 9858 6442 (madman) 9845 6442 (Babycakes)

Visit me at www.Fat2FitChallenge.com or add me in FB nutrition4u.sg

Guess it's a sign of the times.

12 - 13 yrs ago when I was riding the Steed, it was all the rage and many aftermarket parts were designed for the Steed. AhBoy and other old timer bikes shops like Choong Kok Agency, Mah Motor, Chiap Lee also sold many steed parts...

This included, airbox, exhuast, filters, handlebars, mirrors, chrome bolt-ons, crash bars, sissy bars, signal lights, foot pedals, saddle bars, big bob gas tank, fenders, speedos etc....

zhng until siao...... but nowadays, maybe not trendy anymore.

Becos people probably rather buy a Harley to zhng.

http://img95.imageshack.us/img95/4128/demimoore2fi.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

dreamwalk>

no gang, nvr mind, still can go riding. :) but of cos, family and work($$) comes b4 play. i got wife and daughter, so weekends i try to spend w them. and i work freelance, typically from afternoon to 9,10pm, once in a while fullday, occasionally even on weekends. Very unpredictable.

i just tot it would be quite cool to be riding in a group of the the same model of bikes.

i ride supermagna for past 7 years...no chance to satisfy that "herding" instinct :p...haha...that's what you'd call a group of wild horses right? a herd...of steeds :)

i wunder if anyone ever tried to form up a "herd" or if one already exist? Sure, it wouldn't be as impressive as the pigs (HOG) :p...but won't be too shabby either right?

DO. Or DO NOT. There is no TRY.

my contact always available in my siggy...you can always come take a look at the items 1st, before deciding.

I reside in the eastern side.

Madman, Thanks. The Steed crash bars are on and looking good. Glad we did not continue to try and fit on the spot as it took our bike mechanic 3 hours to fit (with a little stretching).

Cheers

Madman, Thanks. The Steed crash bars are on and looking good. Glad we did not continue to try and fit on the spot as it took our bike mechanic 3 hours to fit (with a little stretching).

Cheers

Hi there, glad you like it. I was pondering whether to message you guys how was it few days back. Am glad you decide to get it fitted by your mech, else, I think I may be getting a bad ache trying to fit it... hahaa...

enjoy ya ride!

http://www.nutrition4u.sg/images/coaches/VicNette02.jpg

Contact me at 9858 6442 (madman) 9845 6442 (Babycakes)

Visit me at www.Fat2FitChallenge.com or add me in FB nutrition4u.sg

hi y'all, a recent steed owner here...i'm thinking of getting a windshield...any place to recommend...no need very hi-end one :p

so anyone here fixed a windshield on your steed? can share share your experience? Which type to get, where to get ,etc....i find a lot more wind blasting in my face than when i ride supermagna. :cheeky:

dreamwalk>

no gang, nvr mind, still can go riding. :) but of cos, family and work($$) comes b4 play. i got wife and daughter, so weekends i try to spend w them. and i work freelance, typically from afternoon to 9,10pm, once in a while fullday, occasionally even on weekends. Very unpredictable.

i just tot it would be quite cool to be riding in a group of the the same model of bikes.

i ride supermagna for past 7 years...no chance to satisfy that "herding" instinct :p...haha...that's what you'd call a group of wild horses right? a herd...of steeds :)

i wunder if anyone ever tried to form up a "herd" or if one already exist? Sure, it wouldn't be as impressive as the pigs (HOG) :p...but won't be too shabby either right?

yeah cool outing, i will be fine with that.. anyone organising any? tis thready so quiet...:)

yeah cool outing, i will be fine with that.. anyone organising any? tis thready so quiet...:)

There's always a NDP preview a week or so before the actual right? Anyone know when that will be held? Let's gather the HERD somewhere near Marina and catch the fireworks.

just a suggestion lah....I'm a sucka for fireworks:cheeky: