SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Group] TRIUMPH Speed Triple Riders

desewer

i understand this, but I mostly drive in malaysia, in singapore is very rare that i take the bike, as i have no fun driving between the cars, only in the evening I like riding...

byt he way I was on sepang track yesterday, wow the street is really great fun on track, easy and trustfull!!!! but I discovered that the low exhaust in touching the track when taking the right corner....grrrrrr:gun:

so now i am looking for a solution as this is really a problem.....i am sure i am not the only one with this problem..

yes yes! the street is a good naked track machine. esp. with the engine from the daytona 675. but i find it stunning, that the low arrows scrap, they are actually meant for track purposes? :giddy:

if ure having issues, the speed triple is likely to scrap also with its low mount exhaust. there are quite a no. of uk speed triple sites u can check with.

or u can get seng kwang at amk techpoint to move the mounting position by connect a different angled header or extension.

good luck!

let us know how it goes.

Most people go through life following the crowd.

Others think for themselves.

They go their own way.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

yes yes! the street is a good naked track machine. esp. with the engine from the daytona 675. but i find it stunning, that the low arrows scrap, they are actually meant for track purposes? :giddy:

if ure having issues, the speed triple is likely to scrap also with its low mount exhaust. there are quite a no. of uk speed triple sites u can check with.

or u can get seng kwang at amk techpoint to move the mounting position by connect a different angled header or extension.

good luck!

let us know how it goes.

wow thanks for the information, i will let you know I also found it amazing, as it is for the track....

wow well that is a good idea!!! they ould do that with al the triumph riders in singapore could they!!!!!!

:bounce:

Well, the biggest gathering Ive seen so far was the launch of the speed triple & rocket III at the east coast.

there were about prob. 20-25 triumphs at the most?

more than half of them were cruisers.

only 2-3 speed triples and 1 sprint ST and a couple of daytona 675s.

assuming, all these members turn up and a couple more, a track day event for 10 triumphs is not going to be too successful.

other than yourself in this forum, i believe only yourself and mr sloggi going to the track. do u know anyone else interested?

They go their own way.

well this will leave us a lot of space at least.... no, seriously, but we do not need a special event only for the triumph, maybe they can mix with other clients from the same agent, this will do it maybe?? The MAH track day...or something like that.....:-) just a fun day, have a nice ride, some fun on the track, talking, etc....well even PG will be good no?

think it will be difficult to turn ont track with a rocket, not sure this will be a great part of pleasure...I have seen 1 time a groupe of Harley davidson turning on track...well the least I can say that there was a lot of firework going on with all the iron touching the ground in each turn...

well this will leave us a lot of space at least.... no, seriously, but we do not need a special event only for the triumph, maybe they can mix with other clients from the same agent, this will do it maybe?? The MAH track day...or something like that.....:-) just a fun day, have a nice ride, some fun on the track, talking, etc....well even PG will be good no?

think it will be difficult to turn ont track with a rocket, not sure this will be a great part of pleasure...I have seen 1 time a groupe of Harley davidson turning on track...well the least I can say that there was a lot of firework going on with all the iron touching the ground in each turn...

whahahahaah :giddy: fireworks i can imagine, like a national day parade on the track.

i dont think its enjoyable trying to lean and turn a 330kg rocket 3 at high speed!!

Mah track day sounds feasible. maybe book PG for 4hrs session?

sepang is too far, towing so many bikes there is another consideration.

maybe u can suggest this on the mah triumph website? ;)

http://www.mah.com.sg/mahbb/viewforum.php?f=1

will take my tiger for a session if theres one?

remember to wave when u overtake me :bounce:

They go their own way.

will take my tiger for a session if theres one?

remember to wave when u overtake me :bounce:

i took my tiger to the track the last time, its the old t4 one and it was fun, i didn't have the balls to go fast but it was a good way to learn to control the bike

http://www.thisoldtractor.com/guzzitech.dk/english/index.htm

1981 dt125

"its bad but not too bad"

Wah .. so tempting .. it would be nice if there is someone there to teach track newbies like myself, the proper way to track. Is there a proper way to track anyway? Hehe ..

I prefer not too many pple. Less pple, less crowded track, less initimidating for newbies like myself.

:giddy:

c26492.jpg

Wah .. so tempting .. it would be nice if there is someone there to teach track newbies like myself, the proper way to track. Is there a proper way to track anyway? Hehe ..

I prefer not too many pple. Less pple, less crowded track, less initimidating for newbies like myself.

:giddy:

well i think riding with a clean mind, respect for the others, knowing your limits and trying to have fun out of it without riding around like some kind of punchingball, that is a good start for proper track riding...gaining confidence and don t let others push you around...at least that is my way thinking and I am having fun as a beginner..

i took my tiger to the track the last time, its the old t4 one and it was fun, i didn't have the balls to go fast but it was a good way to learn to control the bike

no kidding? the old tiger?

i will want to go try pg

currently during corners, my boxes touch down before the foot pegs!!!

i must remember always that i have boxes :p

need to go change exhaust, mapping and tyres and dial in the right compression and rebound on the front n rear first..........

whos up for a triumph track session?

They go their own way.

Hi fellows,

Finally changed my coolant totally (changed to a product called Engine Ice. Costed me almost $50 for that blue liquid) at the agent last weekend. At first the coolant temperature shot up to 9 bars after riding the bike for a few minutes! Went back and let them have a check and found out that there were air bubbles trapped inside. Temperature returned to normal after removing the air bubbles. Phew! Feels more assured now but still monitoring the coolant level every other day just in case.

BTW just to let you all know that me and my bike were featured in August issue of MotorCulture Asia magazine. I look vey flabby in that jacket though. I was wearing the MCA jacket over my Dainese jacket :p Somehow my number plate wasn't block-out as even though I've requested to :(

The review wasn't contributed by me. They test rode another Street Triple somewhere. I'm just the model (poser if you like). And no, I am not paid for doing this.

http://www.motorculture.com.sg/MyImages/issue13cover.jpg

c26492.jpg

Check current mths Superbike mag. They did a dyno run with the Arrows and stock. With the AirLows, it is 2kg lighter, but the street triple loses about 5hp. Last mth's PB mag also reports same power loss on dyno with airlows, and the bike actually runs hotter than with stock even after remapping.

Hey CMYRS,

I'm going to order SuperBike online to read about the article you mentioned. Is it August 2008 issue or July 2008 issue? Just want to make sure I don't order the wrong issue.

Is this the one? http://www.zinio.com/gncissue?is=278351953&ns=gbr

http://imgs.zinio.com/magimages/57782873/2008/278351953_250.jpg

Thanks.

c26492.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
may I join in the fun?

Non triump rider. Simply a casual rider.

Weekday morning session perfered.

You still have my contact didn't you?

Cheers!

of course mate, your presence is an honour.

yes i got your no.

u coming alone?

lookin fwd to smellin some MV exhaust.........:thumb:

They go their own way.

Thanks for the space to store my number.

Yeah, I'll be alone I guess.

Keep me inform okie.

If you're following behind me along the track, then you'll miss out the fun.

I hog the track. Heh heh heh

Cheers!

of course mate, your presence is an honour.

yes i got your no.

u coming alone?

lookin fwd to smellin some MV exhaust.........:thumb:

Women will never be as successful as men because they have no wives to advise them.

Thanks for the space to store my number.

Yeah, I'll be alone I guess.

Keep me inform okie.

If you're following behind me along the track, then you'll miss out the fun.

I hog the track. Heh heh heh

Cheers!

no worries la, i need your no. just in case your selling yr ride :)

my elephant of a bike wont catch u on the straights and neither in the corners dats for sure!

dude, how much notice do I need to give u for u to apply for leave?

im looking at end of the mth, really hope u can make it.

They go their own way.

Oh yeah... in fact I'm selling ma ride but I just wanna keep it low profile on the sale.

3 to 5 days notice would be good.

Cheers!

no worries la, i need your no. just in case your selling yr ride :)

my elephant of a bike wont catch u on the straights and neither in the corners dats for sure!

dude, how much notice do I need to give u for u to apply for leave?

im looking at end of the mth, really hope u can make it.

Women will never be as successful as men because they have no wives to advise them.

Oh yeah... in fact I'm selling ma ride but I just wanna keep it low profile on the sale.

3 to 5 days notice would be good.

Cheers!

ok will keep u updated.

so whats next on yr list of dreamachines??

1098R? :cheeky:

They go their own way.

• 2 weeks later...

Any plans for a Triumph get together? I am riding a 12 year old Tiger (Blackie's ex-bike). Hope to meet other Triumph kakis.

My bike sees very little action these days since I mostly drive to work.

During weekends, I use it to frighten car drivers when I roar off from traffic lights :)

I am going to order some small parts (gaskets, etc) from Jack Lilley site in UK. If anyone wants to share in mailing cost, let me know.

V4 > Inline3 > Inline4

Hi guys,

Vara owner sneeking in the back door :eek: Just to introduce myself in case anyone wonders what the He11 I'm doing here o_O

I am really a closet Triumph Tiger man but ended up with a Vara (backache & bent crashbars not optional extras) and I'd like to keep my nose in the Triumph scene.

Hope you don't mind me sniffing around, promise I'll be good

Vara is gone but back strain lingers on o_O