SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Group] TRIUMPH Speed Triple Riders

desewer

Ah I see ..

I was filling up my tank today at an Esso station this afternoon and an old pump attendant (looks like in the 70s) came over and asked me what's the displacement of my bike. Then he went on to tell me that he used to ride a 500cc Triumph and during his time, there were Nortons around too. Wow .. I don't know how to describe that kind of feeling. Felt as though I am part of a legend (though my bike is modern) hahaha!!!! I didn't get that when I was riding a Ducati. Maybe there isn't any Ducatis here 50 years ago.

Next time if I become a pump attendant at 70 yrs old, I will tell the young man that I used to ride a Street Triple 40 yrs ago! Hahaha!!! Maybe at that time, they don't use petrol already ... then I'll become a battery charger for their 1000cc, 300hp electric Triumphs :lol:

Yea, I get that alot also.

Lost count on the no. of older men coming up to me telling me their Triumph stories from the 60s......

they will start with,"you know uncle lastime used to...............".

o_O

triumphs are not the sort of babe magnet u know.....they wont come up and say,"hey! your bike is the same brand as my undies.....". :angel:

Most people go through life following the crowd.

Others think for themselves.

They go their own way.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

wait till u guys see the triumph tank bra on sale at ebay

simply tops the list of must do mods for every triple rider :D

They go their own way.

Hi Bro, long time MIA?

Still got adventure armchair oso, not selling just yet :dot:

lol yeap. been MIA from the VARA people. might just join you guys again soon, now that the group's all good again.. lol.
http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/7100/vfrsiggy.jpg

Ah I see ..

I was filling up my tank today at an Esso station this afternoon and an old pump attendant (looks like in the 70s) came over and asked me what's the displacement of my bike. Then he went on to tell me that he used to ride a 500cc Triumph and during his time, there were Nortons around too. Wow .. I don't know how to describe that kind of feeling. Felt as though I am part of a legend (though my bike is modern) hahaha!!!! I didn't get that when I was riding a Ducati. Maybe there isn't any Ducatis here 50 years ago.

that was even more common years ago when there were only abt 50 modern triumphs in s'pore!

good to see that more are using the marque these days!

http://www.thisoldtractor.com/guzzitech.dk/english/index.htm

1981 dt125

"its bad but not too bad"

Wah everybody is spotting Street Triples. I've yet to see one on the road myself! Maybe I should waste more petrol and clock up some mileage by going around Singapore when I have nothing to do.

c26492.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

CMY - love to but on leave then back with wife and she doesn't ride.

nvm, the next trip i believe is to penang, hope to see u & yr vara then.

They go their own way.

http://www.topspeed.com/motorcycles/triumph-speed-triple/ke2046.html

I started to notice the attraction of Speed Triple 1050, but till i actually saw parked in real life, makes me consider this for me next ride....

Do anyone know if these are still available and how much does it cost?

esp the Triumph Speed Triple Carbon Fiber Limited Edition ... Damn fierce! sounds power!

EnJoY Your RiDE

Hi Guys and gals,

I have been ridding bikes for more than 20 years, nothing in those 20 years had prepared me for the attention that i will get from ridding a speed triple. Most of the comments that i got reassured my choice of bike. The S3 is remarkably easy to handle and more than enough power in our roads. Engine fan does turn on frequently esp in jams and waiting at the traffic light. wheel base is short for a litre bike. I have been to melaka on this bike doing ard 150kph, being a streetfighter, it is very hard to overcome the wind blast at 150kph. it feels like someone is trying to rip u off your bike. The flyscreen that is available looks too small to convince me to buy. Unless you dont mind travelling under 150kph while touring then it is not an issue.

Hi Guys and gals,

I have been ridding bikes for more than 20 years, nothing in those 20 years had prepared me for the attention that i will get from ridding a speed triple. Most of the comments that i got reassured my choice of bike. The S3 is remarkably easy to handle and more than enough power in our roads. Engine fan does turn on frequently esp in jams and waiting at the traffic light. wheel base is short for a litre bike. I have been to melaka on this bike doing ard 150kph, being a streetfighter, it is very hard to overcome the wind blast at 150kph. it feels like someone is trying to rip u off your bike. The flyscreen that is available looks too small to convince me to buy. Unless you dont mind travelling under 150kph while touring then it is not an issue.

Does the heat from the pipes cause you any discomfort while riding?

Hi Guys and gals,

i know of someone on a S3 who did 230km/h and can avg 160/170 for hours on end with just a baby fly screen.

strong rider, this one :angel:

They go their own way.

IMO, the rider will get used to the windblast after awhile, having said that, he/she would perhaps have to 'magnet' his/her chest to the tank, but u will get custom'd to the blast...what i am most afraid of is sudden cross winds...its a killer at that speed..

What I also admire is managing that intensity at such speed over prolonged span...LOL

It is highly possible to ride above 150km/hr even without a bikini fairing / fly screen if the rider is properly suited up. as long as the posture is more tucked in to reduce wind resistance. did that in the past when i was touring on bikes without fairing in malaysia.

However, it is definitely more preferable with a screen.

Edited by Throttle
http://img95.imageshack.us/img95/4128/demimoore2fi.jpg

i know of someone on a S3 who did 230km/h and can avg 160/170 for hours on end with just a baby fly screen.

strong rider, this one :angel:

It's 239kmph .. :lol:

Love hurts .. :(

Bikes rock .. :thumb:

Sigh ..

c26492.jpg