SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Discussion] ~ Brakes Related Issue

dingjc

which break pad recommended for spec 2?

I just changed my rear brake pad to EBC double HH - at least much better than my previous one which almost caused me to skid 2 weeks back when a car suddenly braked infront of me. I am riding a spec 1, should not be different from spec 2 in terms of brake pads. Probably going to change all my brake hoses to HEL brand for peace of mind.

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

yes. you need to bed in the pads first.

need to bed ur brake? or make the pad bleed ? or bleed on pad? or bleed on bed? hahaaaa

TA 200'02 | JUN 2008 - JUN 2010

S4 SPEC3'07 | JUN 2010 - MAY 2012

FZ6 S2'07 | MAY 2012 - CURRENT

http://i994.photobucket.com/albums/af70/heskeydal/signature1.jpg

Hi guys i just got my spec 3 today. I realise the rear brake is like not working? Can anyone explain to me please?

2009 - Honda NSR SP 150

2010 - Yamaha X1-R 135

2011 - Honda Super4 Spec 3

2012 - Yamaha Spark 135

2012 - Yamaha X1-R 135

2013 - Sym GTS 200

2013 - Yamaha Jupiter mx 135

2014 - Yamaha R6 '08

2015 - Yamaha Spark 135 - Current

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone got any recommendation on where to get brake discs? Wave or non wave also can. Around how much?

“Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you.†- Jeremy Clarkson

http://images54.fotki.com/v104/photos/3/1279813/10237619/IMG_0625-vi.jpg[

Guest ahm1n

Dear cb400rians when my front brake is hot it automaticaly slowly brake for me...is like braking without pressing e lever...any suggestion guys

• 2 weeks later...

Can any1 pls tell me where to get aftermarket front and rear brake disc for my spec 2 or any1 gonna sell off their super 4 can do me a favour by swapping with me?cmy front and rear brake disc are wearing out in the sense tat my brakes pads are eating into the grooves alreayd and even changing of new brake pads also not effective and there's knocking sound like rubbing against metal when i step on the rear brake.Original 1st hand brake disc for front and rear can cost up to $1000+.....can contact me at 98421247 or send me a PM. thank u....

Arashi at unique.. Front and back set should set you about... 410-450 bucks?

Jz wondering are arashi better than oem? Cuz ive made a grave error in skimping on a new set of front brake disc as my ride was suffering brake jerking and settle for a second ones instead which set me back at $220..unfortunately the problem came back shortly then went back to workshop change new oem ones top up $180 so total spent $400 :sian:

'97 CB400 F3V (NC31) :cool:

Can someone advise me if the aftermarket wavey brake disc is legal or illegal??

And also, is there any difference in terms of braking power between the normal ones and wavey ones??

Thanks alot guys!! Ride safe.

Former rides:

HONDA SP (FP4733L) - CAGIVA MITO (FS7923U) - GILERA RUNNER (FS6524U) - HONDA SHADOW (FP5522Y) - HONDA PCX (FBF3971Y) - HONDA CB400 VTEC 1 (FS2994Y) - YAMAHA FZ1S (FBA5057A) - HONDA CBR400RR-R (FQ6676A)

Current ride:

Dec 2013-Present: Kia Picanto (M)

Can someone advise me if the aftermarket wavey brake disc is legal or illegal??

And also, is there any difference in terms of braking power between the normal ones and wavey ones??

Thanks alot guys!! Ride safe.

it's not illegal. but there are slight difference in them especially when you push the limits. the difference sets in at the variance of tolerance for each metal make.

workers of peace

it's not illegal. but there are slight difference in them especially when you push the limits. the difference sets in at the variance of tolerance for each metal make.

Thanks bro. Anyway, I believe the screeching sound is made from your brake pad. It could be due to brake pad wearing out and caused the screeching sound. Same goes to my bike, just that it's my disc is wearing out. Lol

Former rides:

HONDA SP (FP4733L) - CAGIVA MITO (FS7923U) - GILERA RUNNER (FS6524U) - HONDA SHADOW (FP5522Y) - HONDA PCX (FBF3971Y) - HONDA CB400 VTEC 1 (FS2994Y) - YAMAHA FZ1S (FBA5057A) - HONDA CBR400RR-R (FQ6676A)

Current ride:

Thanks bro. Anyway, I believe the screeching sound is made from your brake pad. It could be due to brake pad wearing out and caused the screeching sound. Same goes to my bike, just that it's my disc is wearing out. Lol

Thanks. Appears to be that problem!

Regarding brake disc, are these possible for Spec 3?

Capture.jpg

workers of peace

Regarding brake disc, are these possible for CB400 Spec3? Would a non-branded brake disc work as well?

Capture.jpgqq.JPG

Edited by fairSquare

workers of peace

Regarding brake disc, are these possible for CB400 Spec3? Would a non-branded brake disc work as well?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]242513[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]242514[/ATTACH]

I just changed my brake disc, not only the braking power is back, but the screeching sound is gone too.

I'm not sure if it's meant for spec3, but I Changed to the arashi brake disc, cos it's cheaper than the original ones. Looks good too. :)

http://img.tapatalk.com/ca9c0e0a-802b-580a.jpg

So far I only found the original ones, and the arashi ones.

Former rides:

Current ride:

I just changed my brake disc, not only the braking power is back, but the screeching sound is gone too.

I'm not sure if it's meant for spec3, but I Changed to the arashi brake disc, cos it's cheaper than the original ones. Looks good too. :)

http://img.tapatalk.com/ca9c0e0a-802b-580a.jpg

So far I only found the original ones, and the arashi ones.

How much is it?

Do you know what brake pads are good? And how much?

workers of peace

How much is it?

Do you know what brake pads are good? And how much?

Not sure bout brake pads thou. Heard a number of good comments on ebc.

Pm you the price.

Former rides:

Current ride: