SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Discussion] ~ Brakes Related Issue

dingjc

hi bro, as for your problem 1. the disc sure will be hot as there is friction. for your problem 2, u have to let the disc and brakepads bed-in/season first before you can feel the full potential. I had also change aftermarket disc and pad at the same time and i experience the same problem as you. so not to worry. anyway DONT go too hard on the rear brake, it will glaze the pads and make it less effective.

hope it helps.

hi guys need ur help!!!

i had changed new aftermarket flower-type rear brake disc, new rear pump kit & pad, and brake switch.

Problem 1: brake disc become very hot after a normal ride, dunno why?

Problem 2: very weak rear braking power even at slope, the bike will row back when i only step the rear brake, dunno why?

can anyone help to solve my problem? everyday travel on the road, i feel very unsafe when only front brake effective..

thanks alot

2006 - NSR SP

2009 - Spec III

2011 - R6 '08

http://image.automotive.com/f/newsandupdates/racing_news/122_1103_progress_for_ducati_marlboro_team_as_qatar_test_kicks_off/32274961+soriginal/122_1103_03_o+valentino_rossi_ducati_marlboro_q

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hi bro, as for your problem 1. the disc sure will be hot as there is friction. for your problem 2, u have to let the disc and brakepads bed-in/season first before you can feel the full potential. I had also change aftermarket disc and pad at the same time and i experience the same problem as you. so not to worry. anyway DONT go too hard on the rear brake, it will glaze the pads and make it less effective.

hope it helps.

Season very long ago since may2010.. dunno ist caliper piston jam?

LICENCES

class 2B: 07sep06 (cg125, nsr150, cbf150, x1r, ta200)

class 3: 30apr07 (Mitsubishi lancer, Nissan sunny, Toyota corolla, Volkswagen golf tsi)

class 2A: 27may08 (revo, vtec1, majesty250)

class 2: 08jun10 (fz6n, GSX-R600L4, tmax530)

hmm....go bike shop check it out....i just checkout my rear also .....same problem as urs ....damn hot , will kena blister kinda hot.go shop mech take out he check my brake piston ok.then he use sand paper sand the edge of the piston, air gun blow away brake dust n stuff....then ok liao.mine is oem rear brake disc.

PEACE TO THE WORLD.

顺顺利利... å‘å•Š.

hmm....go bike shop check it out....i just checkout my rear also .....same problem as urs ....damn hot , will kena blister kinda hot.go shop mech take out he check my brake piston ok.then he use sand paper sand the edge of the piston, air gun blow away brake dust n stuff....then ok liao.mine is oem rear brake disc.

u go which shop to do? r u charge the price of servicing caliper?

they sand the edge of piston, guess is service the caliper. does ur rear brake foot pedal have little freeplay when u step on it? meaning that is quite stiff when stepping on it.

thanks alot..

LICENCES

class 3: 30apr07 (Mitsubishi lancer, Nissan sunny, Toyota corolla, Volkswagen golf tsi)

u go which shop to do? r u charge the price of servicing caliper?

they sand the edge of piston, guess is service the caliper. does ur rear brake foot pedal have little freeplay when u step on it? meaning that is quite stiff when stepping on it.

thanks alot..

i went ah fook at amk industrial park2 blk 5032 #01-295

trustworthy enuff (no chopper behind him) lol erm no freeplay , normal lor, not stiff also.u go down let him take a look lor.....he charge me 5 bucks nia .not reali service caliper lah.....go down tell him ur problem...

PEACE TO THE WORLD.

顺顺利利... å‘å•Š.

i went ah fook at amk industrial park2 blk 5032 #01-295

trustworthy enuff (no chopper behind him) lol erm no freeplay , normal lor, not stiff also.u go down let him take a look lor.....he charge me 5 bucks nia .not reali service caliper lah.....go down tell him ur problem...

cool! ok thanks.. recently i go find him to help me adjust my new rear brake switch cuz jammed..

LICENCES

hi guys, anyone encounter that ur front brakes are producing some screeching noise when u use them? what is causing the problem? I just change to Ferodo pads and wheel bearings 2 months ago. At first no noise, now even after blowing away the brake dusts the noise is still there and its getting on my nerves. the sound will come only when i pull the brakes.

2006 - NSR SP

2009 - Spec III

2011 - R6 '08

http://image.automotive.com/f/newsandupdates/racing_news/122_1103_progress_for_ducati_marlboro_team_as_qatar_test_kicks_off/32274961+soriginal/122_1103_03_o+valentino_rossi_ducati_marlboro_q

• 1 month later...

Hi Bros!

I've just bought myself a lovely spec 3 last week. It's a pretty good condition bike! Pretty satisfied with the bike all 'cept for a few things, brakes being one of them.

The brakes are woefully spongy and i feel that the full potential of the brakes are not reached.

I understand that there are certain measures I can adopt to improve braking so I just need certain clarifications.

Brake Pump & Reservoir: Today I popped by Unique Motorsports at toh guan and I saw the 16x18? (I know it's a 16mm) brembo pump with aftermarket levers. But after reading the posts before, the recommended is 18mm? Could someone enlighten me with regards to this? If the 16mm costs $488, then how much will a 18mm cost and how much will the total be should I get them as matching pairs? (for the clutch lever)

Brake Hoses: HEL or spiegler or FRENTUBO or Venhill? Any significant differences between them?

Which order should I proceed with? Master Pump, Hose, Brake Pads, Rotors?

Pardon me as I am rather new to this bike modifications game... Any help? Thanks in advance!

i believe the brake hoses are the same. just a branding. anyway I m using Hel.

if I were you, I will change the brake hose first. If not satisfied then I change the brake pump. Lastly the rotors and pads will be change together.

2006 - NSR SP

2009 - Spec III

2011 - R6 '08

• 1 month later...

My super4 front brakes, especially on rainy days,... sometimes i can pull it all e way to the end n it doesnt grip... i would end up using enginne and rear brakes on e last min... i had just change my both dics brakes and the pads (both of them) last 2 mths... wads e problem..

Aug 2007-Oct 2008 -> Honda NSR SP 150

Oct 2008-Mar 2010 -> Yamaha X1R 135

Mar 2010-June 2011 -> Honda CB 400 Super 4 (Version S)

June 2011 Onwards -> Suzuki GSXR 600 K9

My super4 ver s front brakes, especially on rainy days,... sometimes i can pull it all e way to the end n it doesnt grip... i would end up using enginne and rear brakes on e last min... i had just change my both dics brakes and the pads (both of them) last 2 mths... wads e problem..

Aug 2007-Oct 2008 -> Honda NSR SP 150

Oct 2008-Mar 2010 -> Yamaha X1R 135

Mar 2010-June 2011 -> Honda CB 400 Super 4 (Version S)

June 2011 Onwards -> Suzuki GSXR 600 K9

Send your brakes for a change or brake fluid and re-bleed. Might be air bubbles trapped in the system causing the spongy feeling.

Bro any recommendation on bike shop to do this? Usually how much?

“Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you.†- Jeremy Clarkson

http://images54.fotki.com/v104/photos/3/1279813/10237619/IMG_0625-vi.jpg[

• 2 weeks later...
My super4 ver s front brakes, especially on rainy days,... sometimes i can pull it all e way to the end n it doesnt grip... i would end up using enginne and rear brakes on e last min... i had just change my both dics brakes and the pads (both of them) last 2 mths... wads e problem..

dnt brake too hard on rainy days... use on/off technique.....

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t265/camounation/saLem77.jpg

MY RIDES

RXZ135 botoL powered / WR200 FMF powered - RXZ D CLUB

SUPER4 VTEC2 Micron powered - S4M

R1 '07 LE Akrapovic powered

HAYABUSA '99 Scorpion powered - SgBusaRiderz

SUPER4 PB1 / 125z Rockstar

RXZ135 Japan-modeL 6-speed lemang powered

carousell.com/shasalem.biz :D

• 1 month later...

Guys, need to check..anyone knows whether all the s4 front disc brake is the same for all the different version...meaning can previously used disc brake on S4 Ver s can be use on S4 spec2??

Also can the disc brake for RVF be used on S4 spec2?

Any advice is appreciated.

http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n74/outspoken_69/newsignature2.jpg

I wanted to change the world. But I have found that the only thing one can be sure of changing is oneself.

What if my front disc feels hot too is it normal? As in if normal riding after touching it can feel the "going to get blister" sensation, like touching a boiling kettle.

hope it helps.

No matter big bike or small bike, once you can't stop, you're still a fallen bike. :sian:

Bro any recommendation on bike shop to do this? Usually how much?

You can go to your fav bikeshop to get it done. Bleeding with fluids usually don't cost more than 60 bux.

What if my front disc feels hot too is it normal? As in if normal riding after touching it can feel the "going to get blister" sensation, like touching a boiling kettle.

Discs/rotors are suppose to get hot. Hence the design of drilled rotors and wave pattern to further improve cooling of rotors to prevent warping of discs.

"Don't do onto others, what you don't want others to do onto you"

"What goes around, comes around"

Anyone knows if the disc brake for all the different version is the same?...went to ask the agent at serangoon..cost ard $580 for front pair..wow...mati ah..

Edited by outspoken

I wanted to change the world. But I have found that the only thing one can be sure of changing is oneself.

Thanks for the info...check with the mech at spc...can only use Vtec not the earlier version....cheapest 2nd hand can only get at 200bucks...hmm

Thanks for the info...check with the mech at spc...can only use Vtec not the earlier version....cheapest 2nd hand can only get at 200bucks...hmm

just something to share, though rotors are normal to be hot. but non-oem or some imitation disc expand more than usual causing the bike to slow down or high fuel consumption. the oem ones are made to withstand heat, so its worth to get it! :D

just sharing from experience :)

No matter big bike or small bike, once you can't stop, you're still a fallen bike. :sian:

• 3 weeks later...
Send your brakes for a change or brake fluid and re-bleed. Might be air bubbles trapped in the system causing the spongy feeling.

Wen i press my front brake caliper, it shld spring back wen i let go. But wen i press my front brake caliper, it stays dere.

Need to do bleeding & change of brake fluid? Which shop to go to & hw much do it cost?

One bike shop quoted me $70.