SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Discussion] ~ Brakes Related Issue

dingjc

Hi Guys,

Could someone please tell me the OEM part numbers for the front brake pads on 2008 CB400SF REVO ABS.

Thanks

Edited by ResmeN

2008 Honda CB400SF Revo ABS - Moriwaki OnePiece Shorty Exhaust & Slider, GodSend Radiator Mesh, 2 Pt Crash Bars, LSL Street Foot Pegs, OEM screen, Scottoiler, Red/White Leds, Bagster Tank Cover, Michelin P Pure Front/P Road 2 Rear Tyres, HID 4300K, Gilles Tooling 41mm Clip Ons, Powdercoated Rims/Rearsets & Passenger Pegs, Rizoma Avio 21 Signals, Motovation Universal Barends...

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi all, can anyone help me on my vtec3 front braking systen how come when i brake got like noise at my discbrake like rubbing towards each other kind of noise ans also how come when i brake come to a conplete stop my front brakes start the noise like 'eekkkkkk sound like dat... Like also rubbing around.. Can help me? Just change my brakepads bout 3 months ago in jb... What possibilities can it be? Pls

Help

Riding a race bike is an art - a thing that you do because you feel something

Hi all, can anyone help me on my vtec3 front braking systen how come when i brake got like noise at my discbrake like rubbing towards each other kind of noise ans also how come when i brake come to a conplete stop my front brakes start the noise like 'eekkkkkk sound like dat... Like also rubbing around.. Can help me? Just change my brakepads bout 3 months ago in jb... What possibilities can it be? Pls

Help

Im having exactly the same issue like you. But braking still effective though. Dont know what it seems the cause.

Its not how fast you can reach your destination and its not how you modify your machine but at the end of the day, its HOW you ride the machine!!!!.

• 3 weeks later...
Hi all. My front brake must squeeze quite a bit then "eat". and feels rubbery.. will changing brake lines solve this? after change then once pull then "eat"?

and whats the rough price for aftermarket brake lines? thanks!

Rubbery feel? maybe its time to have your brake fluid changed.

changing the brake lines definitely improves the braking feel. about 150 for the hel brake lines.

My suggestion, a change of brake fluid is enough.

When touring, its usually the rider that give way first before the bike itself.

got box got tour.

hmm.. thanks plasticprison. i'll definitely try that. care to explain why must change? cos the level will not drop right? hmm..

also.. my rear disc brake like kena "eat" a lot. i think thats why causing the screeching sound even after i changed new pads. must change the disc huh?

The brake fluids will turn dark after a while due to moisture. after which it will cause the spongy effect.

as for your rear brakes, i got no idea

got box got tour.

hmm.. thanks plasticprison. i'll definitely try that. care to explain why must change? cos the level will not drop right? hmm..

also.. my rear disc brake like kena "eat" a lot. i think thats why causing the screeching sound even after i changed new pads. must change the disc huh?

Your rear disc brakes worn out already. Try touching the surface, uneven isn't it? I'm currently on hell brake line and I recommend you to use it. Better and faster response of the brakes.

When I feel sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story. Hehe :thumb:

hey guys! im having some difficulties trying to spin my tyre when lifted up. was told by my friend that it may be the piston going to spoil soon or jus service the calliper is enough. anyone has any good place to service it and how much would it be?

or is it possible to me to DIY? kinda into DIY nowdays. hahs!

thanks in advance!

Edited by honda_lover

suuupppaaaa da fooouuurrrrr! :angel:

weetec 1

Education Status

Currently Pursuing :

Masters for Jamming Brake in Tail Gating Management

hey guys! im having some difficulties trying to spin my tyre when lifted up. was told by my friend that it may be the piston going to spoil soon or jus service the calliper is enough. anyone has any good place to service it and how much would it be?

or is it possible to me to DIY? kinda into DIY nowdays. hahs!

thanks in advance!

piston spoil? actually maybe the pistons are dirty from all the brake dust that's why the rear wheel is jammed.

what you can do first is:

1) remove your rear brake pad ( be careful not to drop the pin)

2) slide the brake caliper up

3) use some soap and toothbrush and clean the brake dust off the pistons and rinse

4) apply small amounts of clean soap to the pistons

5) use something as leverage to push the pistons back in

6) put back your brake pads

7) pump your rear brake.

hope this helps

got box got tour.

piston spoil? actually maybe the pistons are dirty from all the brake dust that's why the rear wheel is jammed.

what you can do first is:

1) remove your rear brake pad ( be careful not to drop the pin)

2) slide the brake caliper up

3) use some soap and toothbrush and clean the brake dust off the pistons and rinse

4) apply small amounts of clean soap to the pistons

5) use something as leverage to push the pistons back in

6) put back your brake pads

7) pump your rear brake.

hope this helps

thanks bro! but same applies from front brakes?

suuupppaaaa da fooouuurrrrr! :angel:

weetec 1

Education Status

Currently Pursuing :

Masters for Jamming Brake in Tail Gating Management

how much to change the front brake??

**********DISCLAIMER**********

The information contained in this post, including any attachments,may contain confidential information Copy of this post for any purpose other than viewing for entertainment is not allowed & shall encur a fine of no less than $500 & any court costs required. The courts take copyright violations seriously. Think twice.

how much to change the front brake??

front brake as in??

whole thing or pad or service caliper?

LICENCES

class 2B: 07sep06 (cg125, nsr150, cbf150, x1r, ta200)

class 3: 30apr07 (Mitsubishi lancer, Nissan sunny, Toyota corolla, Volkswagen golf tsi)

class 2A: 27may08 (revo, vtec1, majesty250)

class 2: 08jun10 (fz6n, GSX-R600L4, tmax530)

Oh sorry. Brake pad for front and rear..

**********DISCLAIMER**********

The information contained in this post, including any attachments,may contain confidential information Copy of this post for any purpose other than viewing for entertainment is not allowed & shall encur a fine of no less than $500 & any court costs required. The courts take copyright violations seriously. Think twice.

Oh sorry. Brake pad for front and rear..

one pad cost abt 20+ to 65 so u multiple by 3..

LICENCES

class 2B: 07sep06 (cg125, nsr150, cbf150, x1r, ta200)

class 3: 30apr07 (Mitsubishi lancer, Nissan sunny, Toyota corolla, Volkswagen golf tsi)

class 2A: 27may08 (revo, vtec1, majesty250)

class 2: 08jun10 (fz6n, GSX-R600L4, tmax530)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I think thats normal ar bro,reason why is the rear brake have fixed disc and needs floating calipers. For the front will be fixed calipers and floating disc. :thumb:

I have tis prob where by my rear brake callipers can shake easily like loose...tried tightening the 2 bolt and check the bolt condition doesn't help... change my rear pad and disc 1 month ago still the same...does anyone have suggestion or facing the same problem....thanks

i just realize my rear can shake too. went to see mech he says my caliper hole spoil le, gotta change new one. so if wat this fren says abt floating disc and fixed calipers for front and fixed disc and floating calipers for rear that means my rear caliper is normal? anyone care to share some experience with me?

Anyone can help?

Whenever I applied front brakes, there is this "bzzzzzzzzzzz" sound coming from my master pump. Like a bee sound whenever I compress my front brakes. Anyone knows what could be the cause? Fyi, I changed pads and serviced calipers few mths back and problem still persists.

Was quoted $220 for OEM master brake pump. And $288 for Brembo master pump. I feel like changing. Lol...

Next, you guys have been talking about your rear calipers moving right? Mine too! And my mech told me that there is suppose to have a rubber gasket which is missing, thus making it move.

"Bikes don't leak oil, they mark their territory"...

i went to see another mech abt e moving rear caliper, was told by him that its due to wear and tear, its e thread that was tied to e bolt and bracket loose le due to long term usage. guess we gotta live wit it le. i ask whether can rethread anot, was told cannot. aniway i shall live with it first and find other mech to ask ard at the same time.....hee

Anyone can help?

Whenever I applied front brakes, there is this "bzzzzzzzzzzz" sound coming from my master pump. Like a bee sound whenever I compress my front brakes. Anyone knows what could be the cause? Fyi, I changed pads and serviced calipers few mths back and problem still persists.

Was quoted $220 for OEM master brake pump. And $288 for Brembo master pump. I feel like changing. Lol...

Next, you guys have been talking about your rear calipers moving right? Mine too! And my mech told me that there is suppose to have a rubber gasket which is missing, thus making it move.

Hi, does the bzzzz sound affects the braking?? Like can squeeze the brake lever all the way and don't hv any braking effect?? Hv u tried bleeding from the banjo bolt?

Hi, does the bzzzz sound affects the braking?? Like can squeeze the brake lever all the way and don't hv any braking effect?? Hv u tried bleeding from the banjo bolt?

No it does not affect the braking. Just the sound that is irritating and i'm scared anything will happen to my master pump in a long run if i never do anything.

Tried bleeding the banjo bolts too and still persists. Lol...

"Bikes don't leak oil, they mark their territory"...

Hi, i was ask to pay rm242 for fixing a new discbrake front and rear(labour only, cause discbrakes i brought my own one) and wheel bearing front and rear total cost rm242.. Is it the normal price for labour charges of fixing a discbrakes front and rear? And also is it normal to have difficulty in rotating the front wheel after installation of a new discbrakes?

Riding a race bike is an art - a thing that you do because you feel something

• 1 month later...
No it does not affect the braking. Just the sound that is irritating and i'm scared anything will happen to my master pump in a long run if i never do anything.

Tried bleeding the banjo bolts too and still persists. Lol...

The buzzing is not coming from your master cylinder, but from your front brakes. Buzzing when stopping, with brakes applied, is normal, due to the cross-drilled rotors (the holes in your drake disk rotors). If you get the buzzing sound without squeezing the brakes, then you have a problem.

Cheers.

I am not insane, but "mentally hilarious".