SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Discussion] ~ Brakes Related Issue

dingjc

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You can see the brake pads from the side see whether are they thick enough. Or just hear metal vs metal sound can change liao lol.

tat simple? lol... thx.. i will check it out...

My front brake Creaks when i brake. brake pads are still abt 3 mths old. Started to be noisy ever since i changed new hoses. Anyone cn help rectify?

wat i know is... e sound is caused by dirty caught in between the pad n the caliper..

• 1 month later...
Hi,

Anyone knows where I can buy the rubber cap that covers the nipple of the brake calipers. Someone took mine away.

This thing also want to steal...*shakes head*

2005 aug - 2006 oct - Wave 125s FV4517M

2006 nov - 2007 jan - Super 4 Version s FP7529R

2007 jan - 2007 sept -spark 135 FBA3986G

2007 sep - 2010 apr - Honda XR400Sm FQ2901B

- Yamaha FZ150I

2010 apr - ????????? -Honda CB400 Spec I.III

-Yamaha FZ150I

Hi guys. I'm having problems with my front brake. I'm riding spec 3. Whenever i press e lever it will be lik stuck abit then when i press harder. It feel lik hard braking that my front will be braking quite abruptly. Wat could be the problem? Can any kind bros advise me? Thanks!!=)

class 3

class 2b-Yamaha r15-03/10/09~01/10/11

class 2a-Super 4 Spec 3-01/10/11~Current:thumb:

Hi guys. I'm having problems with my front brake. I'm riding spec 3. Whenever i press e lever it will be lik stuck abit then when i press harder. It feel lik hard braking that my front will be braking quite abruptly. Wat could be the problem? Can any kind bros advise me? Thanks!!=)

should be brake pump. go bike shop change the brake pump kit. should cost around 30 plus

should be brake pump. go bike shop change the brake pump kit. should cost around 30 plus

• 4 weeks later...

Change the rubber seal of the brake reservoir

Yamaha RXZ, Kawasaki ZX KR150, Yamaha Spark135, Honda CB400 REVO NC42, Suzuki DRZ400SMK8, Aprilia RS125, Suzuki GSXR600K9, Honda RS150R

Click on the bike models for Information/Servicing/Maintenance on Kawasaki KR150, Honda CB400 Revo, Suzuki DRZ400SM and Suzuki GSXR

Facebook HONDA CB400 REVO

Can't post a new thread ?? Read HERE

SBF Garage Sales Act ---> Read HERE

• 1 month later...

might be ur brake pads still running-in..........

if problem persist, use a brake cleaner......

Yamaha RXZ, Kawasaki ZX KR150, Yamaha Spark135, Honda CB400 REVO NC42, Suzuki DRZ400SMK8, Aprilia RS125, Suzuki GSXR600K9, Honda RS150R

Click on the bike models for Information/Servicing/Maintenance on Kawasaki KR150, Honda CB400 Revo, Suzuki DRZ400SM and Suzuki GSXR

Facebook HONDA CB400 REVO

Can't post a new thread ?? Read HERE

SBF Garage Sales Act ---> Read HERE

no harm bleeding to get the most out of ur brakes.. but that pulsating feel cud either be ur disc warped/damaged (scratches and pittings) or ur caliper pistons jammed.. try remove ur caliper, use brake cleaner/soap + toothbrush n scrub everyting inside.. especially the pistons.. then see how..

A ride a day, keeps the doctor away!

:thumb:

2010-2012 : Honda Phantom TA200

2012-current : SYM Maxsym 400i

Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/adiknaim

SG Maxsym FB Group: http://www.facebook.com/groups/sgmaxsym/

no harm bleeding to get the most out of ur brakes.. but that pulsating feel cud either be ur disc warped/damaged (scratches and pittings) or ur caliper pistons jammed.. try remove ur caliper, use brake cleaner/soap + toothbrush n scrub everyting inside.. especially the pistons.. then see how..

thx for e advise..

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi SP4rians,

My brakes on my Super 4 have this whistling sound before stopping. Just changed brake pads on Dec'2011. Been to one recognize bike shop and share with them this problem. One of the staff said that this is due to rust in the brakes. So he went for a short ride and when he returned, the whistling sound came off and on. He say must press the brake hard then the sound will be gone.

So i left the bikeshop with no service done with problem unsolved. Worry that if i come back, they might try to knock my money. Haha.

Please give me some advice on what is the main problem to this issue. Thanks guys. Greatly appreciated.

Regards,

INREVO

• 1 month later...