SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Discussion] ~ Brakes Related Issue

dingjc

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Front brake lock up & release after sometime

Hi, after changing spring on caliper & serv piston pump,the brake still lock out & release after few mins.

Any shop pro on this can introduce please.....

Thanks

NVM solve liao. Anyway, which BIKE shop pro on S4 repair?

Many shops do maintenance and repair work for CB400. I would recommend Combine Motors as I myself go there for my major repairs and maintenance. Very happy with their work.

"Don't do onto others, what you don't want others to do onto you"

"What goes around, comes around"

• 2 weeks later...

should be...original is always the best...heard the flower type is thinner and braking not "power" but not sure maybe those senior here can answer...flower disc can get around $200 for front x2 while orignal is at $580 for both...heard the original supposedly to be brembo..also not sure...so better stick to original if u ask me..

http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n74/outspoken_69/newsignature2.jpg

I wanted to change the world. But I have found that the only thing one can be sure of changing is oneself.

should be...original is always the best...heard the flower type is thinner and braking not "power" but not sure maybe those senior here can answer...flower disc can get around $200 for front x2 while orignal is at $580 for both...heard the original supposedly to be brembo..also not sure...so better stick to original if u ask me..

How about those galfer ones (not the imitation flower type)? Hv u guys tried before? And the $price for OEM n Galfer r almost the same. My rear disc is getting thinner. Need to change it soon. Fazli? Outspoken? Ah pek? Guys? Your opinion n recommendation are greatly appreciated...

No tune, no life. -JM

*M796@FA4M*

Wen i press my front brake caliper, it shld spring back wen i let go. But wen i press my front brake caliper, it stays dere.

Need to do bleeding & change of brake fluid? Which shop to go to & hw much do it cost?

One bike shop quoted me $70.

Try change your pump kit. Its a spring located inside yr brake pump.

I changed mine for 40+ plus rebleed. Hope it helps bro.

No tune, no life. -JM

*M796@FA4M*

anyone know if s4 front disc brake can sent for press? cox mine abit uneven.. if so any shop tt can be trusted or provide the service? roughly how much.. i dont mine getting the oem disc brake but izzit good?

should be able to...mine no use to sent for press cos very jialat..only make my disc thinner so not safe then for wat rite...maybe u can ask ah pek for any place of recommendation...but since if u got cash power then might as well get a brand new disc at $580..since its OEM then i guess it is good since all of the S4 is using it...got mine 2nd hand..swap with another S4..cost me $200...

I wanted to change the world. But I have found that the only thing one can be sure of changing is oneself.

Sorry bro..i can't help out as never use it before...maybe those guys who had used it can help u....regarding the pros and cons...but if u ask me then my opinion is to use the original one..feel more safer knowing its work well...dun play around with these safety issue..

Guys,thinking for changing my brake hose to either Star,Hel or Venhill...any recommendation regarding the pros and cons?..

Hi can anyone help me?? My s4 front wheel seems hard to rotate, it's not totally jam but its hard for me to rotate the front wheel... When pushing bike forward also very hard... I already service my calipers infront but still no different, my front discbrake no dent... What possibilities can it be? Many thnks...

Riding a race bike is an art - a thing that you do because you feel something

Sorry bro..i can't help out as never use it before...maybe those guys who had used it can help u....regarding the pros and cons...but if u ask me then my opinion is to use the original one..feel more safer knowing its work well...dun play around with these safety issue..

when you had used a Braking rotor before.. you will ditch the OEM ones..

normally you dun feel it when you upgrade, but when you start dekitting and change back OEM..

you will know how scary the OEM are..

Guys,thinking for changing my brake hose to either Star,Hel or Venhill...any recommendation regarding the pros and cons?..

I had used all the 3 brands you mentioned.. all works the same..

So far Star is the best deal.. it customised to my length and banjo nut i want..

and it's the cheapest.. furthermore it offers life time warranty..

Hel lines will fade in colour if used for a long period of time, but effect of the steel braided hose is still there..

Venhill is much more expensive when compared to the other 2..

normally you dun feel it when you upgrade, but when you start dekitting and change back OEM..

So very true! I recently swop back my oem from Galfer due to dekitting.. Damn dangerous ESP during rainy days. How I wish I never take it out. No more smooth braking and brakes like not there.

Hi can anyone help me?? My s4 front wheel seems hard to rotate, it's not totally jam but its hard for me to rotate the front wheel... When pushing bike forward also very hard... I already service my calipers infront but still no different, my front discbrake no dent... What possibilities can it be? Many thnks...

When is the last time u change your front wheel bearing? If it was many years ago then i think its time to change it.. Safety comes first bro :thumb:

No tune, no life. -JM

*M796@FA4M*

I had used all the 3 brands you mentioned.. all works the same..

So far Star is the best deal.. it customised to my length and banjo nut i want..

and it's the cheapest.. furthermore it offers life time warranty..

Hel lines will fade in colour if used for a long period of time, but effect of the steel braided hose is still there..

Venhill is much more expensive when compared to the other 2..

Noted!...btw where did u change the star brake hose?....is it unique?...any other place than that shop?

ah my bad...guess going to invest in HEL then...

I've just changed to HEL b.hose a month ago.

Its a good add on tO hv. But dont brake to hard. U'll know what i mean..

No tune, no life. -JM

*M796@FA4M*

• 2 weeks later...

selling a set of Brembo BRAKE 16 RCS Master Cylinder with red rizoma Brake Reservoir and a fully abjustable level..if u wanna the 16mm cutch along also can so u can have a set..pm me if ya interested..price $310..

-

High Performance Brake Systems

:cheers:

YAMAHA x1 110CC

YAMANA X1R 135CC

SUPERFOUR REVO 400CC

CBR 600CC

EVO JoyMax 300CC

Xciting 400CC

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

Could someone please tell me the OEM part numbers for the front brake pads on 2008 CB400SF REVO ABS.

Thanks

Edited by ResmeN

2008 Honda CB400SF Revo ABS - Moriwaki OnePiece Shorty Exhaust & Slider, GodSend Radiator Mesh, 2 Pt Crash Bars, LSL Street Foot Pegs, OEM screen, Scottoiler, Red/White Leds, Bagster Tank Cover, Michelin P Pure Front/P Road 2 Rear Tyres, HID 4300K, Gilles Tooling 41mm Clip Ons, Powdercoated Rims/Rearsets & Passenger Pegs, Rizoma Avio 21 Signals, Motovation Universal Barends...