SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Discussion] ~ Brakes Related Issue

dingjc

thinking about it, why does rear tire tend to skid ah? they are bigger then the front one what?

is it because of the weight throw forward thing when we're braking so the rear tire 'lighter'?

yup you're right!

The dynamic weight transfer shifts more weight to the front tires thereby loading it up and hence the front tire gets more tractive force for braking.

At the rear, the weight shifts away from it so it has less force acting downwards and so it's less likely to hold the ground.

You can actually reduce the chance of locking up the rear tires under braking by having more static weight on the rear tire; more stuff in the box, more preload on the spring, lowering of rear ride height. But I think Honda would have done a proper job to check the bike's balance. So better not mess too much with it.

:)

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest snowdog

I had the same weak-rear-brake prob till recent I change to EBC pads. Before the rear was like totally no-brake and that very sticky feel as though it goes in stages. After the EBC pads went in, all these problems were solved! It is not the discs here. Even the original pads don't work. Now the rear wheels will lock if only I slam with my right foot, otherwise it's what I call "that's-the-way-a-brake-should-work!"

PS: EBC pads are not cheap thou.

I had the same weak-rear-brake prob till recent I change to EBC pads. Before the rear was like totally no-brake and that very sticky feel as though it goes in stages. After the EBC pads went in, all these problems were solved! It is not the discs here. Even the original pads don't work. Now the rear wheels will lock if only I slam with my right foot, otherwise it's what I call "that's-the-way-a-brake-should-work!"

PS: EBC pads are not cheap thou.

how much? anyways it sounds interesting, if i can know the price, so why not change uh

Sept 06 - Feb 08 = TZM

Feb 08 - April09= CB 400 Version S

May 09 - Oct 10 = Harley XR1200

Oct 10 - Oct 12= KTM SMT 990

Oct 12 - Oct 13 = Tmax 500

Mar 13 - Jul 13= SYM maxsym 400

Jul 13 - Sep 15 = Getz 1.4

Oct 15 - Now = Burgman 650

Never ride faster then ur guardian angel could fly

just got s4 today...true enuff it braking really let me down...compare to my rg.....thanks to this thread...at least now i know its a common probs face by all

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v625/khairul/siggy%20editor/Yishundam.jpg

VSTROM SINGAPORE - http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=125329690831574&v=photos#!/group.php?gid=125329690831574&ref=ts

Guest snowdog

oh ya... btw wrt the 70% & 30% braking forces... If the rear brakes don't work or it is weak, it is = to 100% braking force in front & 0% behind which will not balance the braking forces which is 70/30. Balance braling force is important, that's why now most new cars now got EBD to balance the front & the rear braking forces. :)

I've been riding my s4 for years, and personally, I find the braking sucks. I have changed to EBC brake pads, Hel brake hose and yet am still not satisfied with the braking power, especially the front because I seldom use the rear excpet to tap it in the corners. My next move is to buy a brembo master brake pump for the front to improve braking.

Braking is personal, some like it hard, some like it soft. There is no hard and fast rule about it.

RIDE SAFELY ON THE ROAD, BURN RUBBER AT THE TRACK

I've been riding my s4 for years, and personally, I find the braking sucks. I have changed to EBC brake pads, Hel brake hose and yet am still not satisfied with the braking power, especially the front because I seldom use the rear excpet to tap it in the corners. My next move is to buy a brembo master brake pump for the front to improve braking.

Braking is personal, some like it hard, some like it soft. There is no hard and fast rule about it.

time to service your brake calipers?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v189/Loontoot/Funny%20Pics/adminuser4mw.gif

<CMO> Quality IT Services for homes & businesses.

<CMO> 3M Products from U.S.A

servicing calipers? wad do they do to it actually ar ?

servicing calipers means, dismantling it.. giving it a good wash and scrub down.. replacing the rubber O rings with new ones, and clean up the pistons(change new ones if necessary)..

price for just changing the O rings would be abt $100plus..

just got s4 today...true enuff it braking really let me down...compare to my rg.....thanks to this thread...at least now i know its a common probs face by all

I suggest u dun dismissed it as jus a common problem, cos urs and other may not be the same problem afterall. Best to confirm with a qualified mechanic.

Just for sharing. :p

Nothing ever goes wrong. Whatever happen, happens for a reason. :angel:

how come no one wanna try the easy n cheaper alternative by spraying oil at the rear brake pump? i dunno how to explain but it does help. BUT if the brake pump is detiorating, then no matter how much oil sprayed will b useless. in that case, change brake pump is the option.

Honda Super 4 Ver S: Mar 02 - Sept 05

PGO Gmax 150: Sept 05 - Dec 05

Honda Super 4 Vtec 1: Nov 05 - Apr 07

Suzuki GSR 400: Apr 07 - Dec 09

Yamaha FZ1S: Nov 09 - May 13

Kawasaki GTR 1400: Jan 13 - ??? ??

Yamaha FZ16ST: May 14 - ??? ??

spray with wad oil? wd40? u was toking spraying at which part? the disc plate there or ? cos i dunno wad u meant by break pump there. haha.

how come no one wanna try the easy n cheaper alternative by spraying oil at the rear brake pump? i dunno how to explain but it does help. BUT if the brake pump is detiorating, then no matter how much oil sprayed will b useless. in that case, change brake pump is the option.

respect all; peaceful rider Ride safely, be happy. :p

any oil will do. wd40, chain lube, gt85 all can. spray at the brake pump. its situated between the right foot rest n swing arm. brake pump brand is nissi. at the lowest part of the brake pump, it is rubber. spray oil inside the rubber will do.

sometimes when its hard to control the braking force for the front, the mech oso spray oil to solve this prob. same goes to the rear.

hope it helps... :smile:

Honda Super 4 Ver S: Mar 02 - Sept 05

PGO Gmax 150: Sept 05 - Dec 05

Honda Super 4 Vtec 1: Nov 05 - Apr 07

Suzuki GSR 400: Apr 07 - Dec 09

Yamaha FZ1S: Nov 09 - May 13

Kawasaki GTR 1400: Jan 13 - ??? ??

Yamaha FZ16ST: May 14 - ??? ??

any oil will do. wd40, chain lube, gt85 all can. spray at the brake pump. its situated between the right foot rest n swing arm. brake pump brand is nissi. at the lowest part of the brake pump, it is rubber. spray oil inside the rubber will do.

sometimes when its hard to control the braking force for the front, the mech oso spray oil to solve this prob. same goes to the rear.

hope it helps... :smile:

Try to avoid WD40 or GT85. They promote rust because the stuff doesnt hold on to material you're applying to. After they are gone from the material, it's exposed and can rust pretty fast.

By right you need silicone grease (whitish substance meant for contact).

My dad bike: super4 version s

problem : front brake sometimes lock and need to brake again to release

he send to famous bt merah shop there, told him not to but he insist, as near to home..

he mechanic say need to change brake pump and service caliper..

total $170 gone... i still believe no need change brake pump, just service the caliper alone is enough...

how much does servicing caliper cost ar ? (:

My dad bike: super4 version s

problem : front brake sometimes lock and need to brake again to release

he send to famous bt merah shop there, told him not to but he insist, as near to home..

he mechanic say need to change brake pump and service caliper..

total $170 gone... i still believe no need change brake pump, just service the caliper alone is enough...

respect all; peaceful rider Ride safely, be happy. :p

u bought at unoque issit? i read the s4 components pricelist that lab selling ebc hh for 45? and bikelab sell for 35? is it true?

if not true then i'll try to get a bit cheaper ones ar, cos no budget ar this month.

does anyone knw how much are braking brakepads? last time uberstore got sell ryte?

it also depends on where the cailiper is placed. If the cailiper is above the swingarm, it is slightly better than the one below. Such example is PB1, Ver S & R etc. for spec i not so sure. even if my rotor is un-even, my braking power is still tops, in fact better. But the pad will go faster. then i change to wave rotor... super power...

Please contact me @ 9628 7970 for direct fast deal.

:cheers: :cheers: