SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Discussion] ~ Brakes Related Issue

dingjc

i don really know how to discribe. But i guess is like metal rubbing against metal those kind of sound. So izzit i should go and change my brake pad?

Febuary '07 - Febuary '08 ::: Honda SP 150 FP5576S :::

Febuary '08 - Febuary '10 ::: Honda S4 Revo FBC4104T :::

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i don really know how to discribe. But i guess is like metal rubbing against metal those kind of sound. So izzit i should go and change my brake pad?

But your REVO is so new, right? Mileage on the bike now?

How time flies...

Big is certainly a warning but small can be downright scary! Never underestimate the effectiveness of small.

go change brake pad if you long time never change. =)

http://www.nea.gov.sg/cms/mss/gif/rainloc0.gif

Ride safely. Be courteous. =)

• 3 weeks later...

After riding this Super 4 for a year plus, it's finally time for me to change the brake pads!

I've read all the pages in this thread. I noticed that there is a lot of mention about EBC HH brake pads. Is it really good? And, does it wear out the brake disc fast?

By the way, the brake pads on my bike is an unknown brand called "Kevlar"... I'm totally un-knowledgeable with regards to brake pads.

I need all of your expert help here! Thanks! :cheeky:

Biking is something that everyone can learn and enjoy! :goodluck:

http://i426.photobucket.com/albums/pp344/s4dreamer/Laos%20n%20Cambodia%20Trip%2011%20to%2028%20May%202009/Poipet-Cambodia1.jpg

you clock so much mileage going on tour with pplater but nv changed brake pads before? wow.. anyway, yeah ebc is a good brand.. but hearsay (hearsay only, ie baseless) it wears off the disc slightly faster than others. i think normal ones like goldfren, ferodo will do the job well.

Rat bike - A motorcycle not necessarily kept in pristine condition, often painted matt black. Minimal maintenance and mismatched parts often used.

you clock so much mileage going on tour with pplater but nv changed brake pads before? wow.. anyway, yeah ebc is a good brand.. but hearsay (hearsay only, ie baseless) it wears off the disc slightly faster than others. i think normal ones like goldfren, ferodo will do the job well.

Thanks for your prompt reply! Yep, to tell you the truth, I'm a little paiseh lah... Despite covering that amount of mileage, I've NEVER changed my brake pads before :giddy: :giddy:

Do keep all of your brilliant advice coming! Maybe more brand names of those mid-range brake pads?

I'm very sure that these info will benefit all Super 4 riders out there! :thumb:

Biking is something that everyone can learn and enjoy! :goodluck:

http://i426.photobucket.com/albums/pp344/s4dreamer/Laos%20n%20Cambodia%20Trip%2011%20to%2028%20May%202009/Poipet-Cambodia1.jpg

for me, using goldfren for front. produce lots of brake dust and everytime only my front rim dirty. :sian:

last time after changing to goldfren and when i use front brake, will have a squeaking sound. even after blowing brake dust, brake bleed and new brake kit. now still have that irritating sound but not so often. issit cos of brake disc?

hi, i have a problem with my rear brake... sometime while riding halfway i need to step my rear brake i cant feel it, and i can step the lever more than normal and no brake is applied at all therefore i will use my front brake instead... the brake will onli be back when i come to complete stop for awhile then i can be use again... i hope u guys can undertand... thanks

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I intend to change my brake disk. Have anyone used those wavy brake disk?

How does it perform compared to original ones?

Thanks.

Better to be Late then Never....

It's Your Choice : LATE / NEVER

Class 2A - 01 Dec 2009

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Anyone can advise how to change this part ? Intend to DIY...

It the piston from the brake reservior...

Cos the rubber cup/sleeve protecting the piston worn off... Some time got this jamming feeling, so intend to change it...

Any advise from from out pros Bros here !

Thanks in advance !

IMG_0404.jpg

http://i426.photobucket.com/albums/pp350/glennkoh/TDM900/TDM.jpg

Hey guys, just wanna ask my front brake isn't dat effective after rain pours on my bike. I really have to pull my brake lever hard b4 e brakes take into effect. I presume this is normal? Maybe becos of wet brake pads?

Also, when it happens to my bike, I tried intermittent braking n slowly my brake start to 'makan' again.

Is there sumting wrong w my bike brakes?:dot:

"Time you enjoy wasting is not time wasted"

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

You'll need an internal circlip pliers. Preferably straight jaws. 90deg jaws may not be long enough to reach the circlip properly. Rest of the tools required are the common screwdrivers and wrenches.

http://www.machinemart.co.uk/images/library/product/medium/04/040210064.jpg

If you're servicing the front master cylinder, you may run into problems priming/bleeding the brake circuit; it's a Nissin design problem. If it happens, let me know and I'll try to explain the way to solve the problem.

Cheers

Anyone can advise how to change this part ? Intend to DIY...

It the piston from the brake reservior...

Cos the rubber cup/sleeve protecting the piston worn off... Some time got this jamming feeling, so intend to change it...

Any advise from from out pros Bros here !

Thanks in advance !