SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Official Apple iphone Thread

sylvestercat

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

seen from HWZ, iphone is going to be launched in singapore in dec, and the first batch is pending IDA approval.. dunnoe true anot

if it's true,then it should have been unlocked already..and should come with warranty rite??:confused:

ride safe today,ride again tomorrow

iPhone has spread its wings out of the USA

...with European stores being the first ones.

German stores (and customers) got the iPhone 1 month before festive season; T-mobile mobile carrier expecting shortages as festive season nears

http://i18.tinypic.com/8f1ov4p.jpg

The German iPhone launch happened today in Cologne, Germany, with buses bringing customers into the town of Cologne from Hamburg, Berlin, and Munich.

Ahead of the full-scale deployment in the UK and Germany, one T-Mobile store has opened at 12:01 AM to allow anxious customers to be the the first to purchase the official European iPhone. Customers in Germany will be paying 400€, which will include a two year T-Mobile contract. Italian news site setteB.IT has been covering the event from 6PM, local time, and has provided us with a glimpse of what happened before the official product launch.

German iPhone customers are excitedly registering their new devices, but demand may be outweighing supply this holiday season, according to Deutche Telekom CEO Rene Obermann. "We're not giving out precise forecasts, but registrations on our Web site lead me to believe (the Christmas sales period) will be a strong sales period," Obermann said. "The real question for me is whether we have enough devices and can meet customer demand."

Many anxious clients braved wind and rain while waiting for T-Mobile to begin selling the iPhone, but were greeted warmly with cheers and applause by store staff. Workers for T-Mobile also began handing out blankets, umbrellas, hot beverages, and pretzels to customers still waiting outside.

Co-Moderator for IT -inerary forum

Biker nerd • Windows • Apple Mac • Android user

"Kick up your sidestand bro, let's ride..."

Before the clock struck 12 in Cologne, Germany

(just like when iPhone came out in San Francisco. Same enthusiastic crowd, same wait)

Click to enlarge each picture

http://i19.tinypic.com/6k06xs6_th.jpg http://i18.tinypic.com/71680sk_th.jpg http://i2.tinypic.com/6keeq1k_th.jpg http://i12.tinypic.com/8b7aduh_th.jpg

I wonder what will happen when Singapore gets the iPhone. And to which carrier will Apple deliver it to. And the lines...would it be reminiscent of the McDonalds / Hello Kitty offer back in the late 90s ?? :giddy:

I do see a problem with the iPhone coming into Singapore.

The iPhone works just like an iPod.

How the heck are we gonna purchase music from iTunes Music Store (using this phone) when this service isn't (or maybe it's banned) in Singapore?

Would this function be removed from the iPhone when it hits our shores? It'll be quite weird with one function less from that phone...

Even worse...iPhone integrates well with Google Maps, even being smart as to show you a map of your people in the address book...

But there isn't a map of Singapore on Google Maps. So I am definitely definintely afraid that we are going to have 2 things happening:

1. Long delay before the iPhone gets into Singapore

2. The iPhone does come into Singapore alright, but unlike our US and European customers, many features will be stripped out for Singapore's relevant use -- it's like a crippled phone to us.

(Sigh...)

• 1 month later...

Apple in talks with Japanese mobile carriers on having the iPhone there

Steve Jobs and friends are rumored to be fishing for a deal in one of the most competitive and dynamic mobile markets in the world: Japan. Word has spread that Apple (Nasdaq: AAPL) has been in separate talks with NTT DoCoMo (NYSE: DCM) and Softbank about offering the iPhone in the tech-savvy nation. This follows Apple's recent talks with operator China Mobile (NYSE: CHL) to offer the combo phone and media player in mainland China.

For the iPhone, today is all about the U.S., but tomorrow is about the world. While exclusive U.S. seller AT&T (NYSE: T) has already helped Apple sell more than 1.4 million iPhones, carriers from around the world are critical to reaching Steve Jobs' goal of 10 million iPhones shipped by the end of 2008.

Japan is just one of dozens of markets Apple hopes to enter, but launching there will set an important milestone for the iPhone. Mobile devices are hugely popular in Japan, woven tightly into its culture, and a phone's style and applications will make or break a product. Operators such as Deutsche Telekom's (NYSE: DT) T-Mobile are profiting from low-end phones and family-oriented plans in the states, but Japan is all about the state of the art.

The gadget-crazed population makes a tough market for foreign device makers. While Nokia (NYSE: NOK) absolutely dominates the global market for handsets, the Finnish designer doesn't even crack the top five wireless phone sellers in Japan.

Two things are certain: First, the iPhone will have far more competition in Japan than it did in the U.S. Second, Apple will have to tailor the iPhone for the Japanese market. Japanese carriers will likely demand significant improvements -- foremost being a high-speed, 3G version of the phone -- as it would be an embarrassment to offer an older generation of technology there.

As such, Apple's iPhone designers will have to bring their A-game to succeed in Japan, and even then, it's not certain that the device will be a hit. But if Apple can capture even a sliver of the market, it will once again do what many others have failed to accomplish.

• 3 weeks later...

Our population too small to interest apple to launch the iphone early..

Since the mkt already saturated..

http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/7641/54688861td1.jpg

~My 2 stroke never fails to set my heart racing~

I am slow please don't bully me.

hmmm means thats is a way to crack the iphone.. i wonder how they crack it

I'm sick of being treated like a crash helmet I soften the fall but on the way down I always get hurt

hmmm means thats is a way to crack the iphone.. i wonder how they crack it

The iPhone has been "cracked" already, a few days after its launch...

The iPhone has been "cracked" already, a few days after its launch...

ooh.. sianz mines got problem. incorrect sim.. anyone noes wat should i do?

I'm sick of being treated like a crash helmet I soften the fall but on the way down I always get hurt

try revirginizing ur band. should be able to solve the problem.

" :dozed:revirginizing"

• 3 months later...

Singapore, Singtel will bring in second-gen iPhone, equipped with 3G

~ Today Online, and Channel News Asia (link)

THE iPhone may finally see its official launch in Singapore by SingTel as early as September, according to industry sources.

When contacted, the telco would neither confirm nor deny this, but a local vendor who works closely with Apple associates in the United States told Channel NewsAsia that "SingTel has more or less sealed the deal".

The iPhone is expected to arrive in the third quarter of the year, and retailers expect it to be priced at around $690

But will there still be much demand? since the phone made its debut in the United States in June last year, Singaporeans have snapped up an estimated 10,000 sets.

Such buyers went through parallel importers, bought online or went to America, with some paying more than $1,000 to be among the first in Singapore to own the device.

Still, it is likely the latest 3G model that will be launched here, said Mr Zachary Wong, retail operations manager at iShop. "3G is the industry platform for this part of the world. So I think the demand for the newer model will be much higher."

Apple has said it plans to sell 10 million units of iPhones in Asia this year. — CHANNEL NEWSASIA

THE iPhone may finally see its official launch in Singapore by SingTel as early as September, according to industry sources.

When contacted, the telco would neither confirm nor deny this, but a local vendor who works closely with Apple associates in the United States told Channel NewsAsia that "SingTel has more or less sealed the deal".

The iPhone is expected to arrive in the third quarter of the year, and retailers expect it to be priced at around $690

But will there still be much demand? since the phone made its debut in the United States in June last year, Singaporeans have snapped up an estimated 10,000 sets.

Such buyers went through parallel importers, bought online or went to America, with some paying more than $1,000 to be among the first in Singapore to own the device.

Still, it is likely the latest 3G model that will be launched here, said Mr Zachary Wong, retail operations manager at iShop. "3G is the industry platform for this part of the world. So I think the demand for the newer model will be much higher."

Apple has said it plans to sell 10 million units of iPhones in Asia this year. — CHANNEL NEWSASIA

Apple has said it plans to sell 10 million units of iPhones in Asia this year.

• 2 weeks later...
juz bought an iphone from sim lim today ... 16g V1.14@860

is that expensive??

still figuring out how to use

i got mine from apple online store last dec.

shipped to my door steps by Vpost @ onli less than SGD$700.00

of cos it's LOCKED.

but den it depends if u think the unlocking fee is worth $160, as compared to yrs.

LEAF departure is B`cos of WIND pursit or TREE didn't ask her to stay?

U YEARN for wat u FANTASIZE den 2 realise who U should TREASURE...

å¶çš„离去是因为风的追足还是树没有挽留

你期望你所è¦å¾—, 但å´æ²¡æœ‰å‘现到你所真正ç惜的

http://www.comp.nus.edu.sg/~limtianc/achew_sig.gif

of cos it's LOCKED.

but den it depends if u think the unlocking fee is worth $160, as compared to yrs.

u got it so cheap?

apple online selling USD499 = SGD680 (today)

vpost shipping tat cheap?

care to share?

'90 DT200RR | '95 Skipper 125 | '94 RXZ 135 | '99 WRE 125 | '80 Super 150 | '99 KTM200EGS

'91 NC30 | '00 GN250EY | '03 YZF-R1 | '00 Y125Z | '04 X-1 | '06 R6

'07 GSX1300R

PC3USB | Ti-Force Sumo | BMC Race | Discacciati | Swage | Venhill | ZG | Motovation | Ariete | Michelin PilotRoad 2 | SPY Alarm

of cos it's LOCKED.

ah anyway buy liao ... but i sold my used hp and bought this.

anyway juz to ask .. there is no caller id for this phone rite?

i tried using my mum phone to call, it doesnt reflect my mum's hp no.

Sigh .... so bored ...

Getting Poorer every yr