SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Archive] [Q&A] SBF CB400 Official Q&A Thread 2008

PaLmEr

My bike died again, while stopping at the traffic light. Went to adjust the idling knob, but whenever I release the trottle, the bike will die no matter how much i adjust the idling. But I still can ride off the bike. However when i drop gear going to a stop, the bike will die again. What should I do

• Replies 980
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just change to k&n filter, after moving off when i come to a stop, the bike die. I adjust the idling , but if i release the trottle immediately the bike die. However I can still ride the bike, except when i lower the gear, the bike will die again. I know i need to tune the bike. but what i can do to prevent the bike from dying on the road, so that i can go to the nearest workshop

hi all... sorry out of topic. but any idea wat the price otr now for spec 3?? any 2nd hand 1?? thanks:cheeky:

Spec III, i think still a few more available at BP. Most bikeshops have now stock Revos.

Quite a few Spec III on sale in Garage Sales.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v189/Loontoot/Funny%20Pics/adminuser4mw.gif

<CMO> Quality IT Services for homes & businesses.

<CMO> 3M Products from U.S.A

what are the symptoms of front fork needs to be serviced?

When soft and spongy under riding load.

Stupid Hurts!.:giddy:Speed doesn't kill, mistakes does :faint:

BEER!...it's cheaper than fuel now! DRINK!..DON'T RIDE!

Hi guys.. new s4 rider... was wondering... i was riding early morning.... 4 to 4.5 rpm arnd 70kmh. at 70kmh i changed to last gear when my bike throttle suddenly go empty.... i clutched in and drop gear until stop n neutral. at neutral throttle no feel also. my fuel still at 2 bar. i switched off engine n switched on again. press ignition switch a few times then start n throttle got feel. wat do i need to take note? sori for being long winded

Hi guys.. new s4 rider... was wondering... i was riding early morning.... 4 to 4.5 rpm arnd 70kmh. at 70kmh i changed to last gear when my bike throttle suddenly go empty.... i clutched in and drop gear until stop n neutral. at neutral throttle no feel also. my fuel still at 2 bar. i switched off engine n switched on again. press ignition switch a few times then start n throttle got feel. wat do i need to take note? sori for being long winded

I guess you didn't warm up your bike properly before riding...

Your engine cut-out switch (the red one above the starter pushbutton) may be working intermittently. Toggle with it (ON/OFF) a few times and then to monitor the situation again.

bro if u find gd deals pm me lah i also wann start my own renewal start cosmetics first wanns find cheap spec 3 tail fix on my spec 1 and put rear hugger..........hehehe

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=71643&id=100000279643239You sleep when you're dead....;p

bro if u find gd deals pm me lah i also wann start my own renewal start cosmetics first wanns find cheap spec 3 tail fix on my spec 1 and put rear hugger..........hehehe

bro, i was thinking spec 3 tail too... hahaha... any idea how much huh?

N/A (Current)

Honda Silverwing FJS 400cc (Yr2010 - Yr2012)

Piaggio X8 200cc (Yr2009 - Yr2010)

Honda CB400 Super Four (Yr2007 - Yr2009)

Honda Phantom TA200 (Yr2005 -Yr2007)

i was thinkin too.. but the forum ppl here who noe how to do is not frenly enuff.. they wont reply 1... any1 got idea wher can fix cheap spec 3 tail?? kindly share your idea..

i was thinkin too.. but the forum ppl here who noe how to do is not frenly enuff.. they wont reply 1... any1 got idea wher can fix cheap spec 3 tail?? kindly share your idea..

maybe if u post it at the right section, they will be able to help? i believed u clearly know there's a thread for S4 riders? that would be much more than a help:thumb:

:cheers:

dark mode, or light mode?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v241/one8tytwo/125ziblack.jpg

125zi

cheap ah, dunno whats your budget...

but its ard 460-480 for moulded tail without undertray.

inclusive of LED tail light, rear fender.

Its ard 600 if you want everything to be original.

inclusive of everything.

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=67030&d=1214533391

Phantom TA150 ----- Gone

CB400 Spec2---------Gone

Yamaha X-1----------Gone

CB400 Spec1.||| -------- Gone

Honda Silverwing 400 - FOR SALE

i dun think there's any cheap spec 3 tail ba.... u will have to get it mould to fit in.... it a kinda expensive cosmetic mod.... its very stylo (as seen above) but..... pocket might hurts for some coz its onli the outlook... original tailboard oso can sit right? haha.... IMO... might as well get a spec 3 in the first place....

TS: U might wanna ask iker for all ur mods... he had wat u want....

I miss my voom voom.....

Gonna hit the road back real soon with my dream "Xiao^Bai"..... :cool: heh heh.... hopefully....:)

Thank bro for moving my post to the correct section....:cheers:

Actually, for me.... i was tinking to renew and start cosmetics my S4 instead of changing, because the engine still in good condition. Why i tink to spend $$$ for modify instead of getting a new vtec3? Coz of $$$ too..:dozed: If i change from my s4 to vtec3, i tink estimated have to put in additional 5-6k, since my s4 value now only ard 3k plus.... Let say i spend 1k plus to renew and cosmetics my s4, i can enjoy the same outlook as vtec3 and total i can save of 4-5k.. correct?:cheeky: :cheeky:

I believe for those who interested to modify their S4, oso have the same mind of me... :cheer: :cheer:

Btw, modify of vtec3 tail, is legal?

N/A (Current)

Honda Silverwing FJS 400cc (Yr2010 - Yr2012)

Piaggio X8 200cc (Yr2009 - Yr2010)

Honda CB400 Super Four (Yr2007 - Yr2009)

Honda Phantom TA200 (Yr2005 -Yr2007)

Thank bro for moving my post to the correct section....:cheers:

Actually, for me.... i was tinking to renew and start cosmetics my S4 instead of changing, because the engine still in good condition. Why i tink to spend $$$ for modify instead of getting a new vtec3? Coz of $$$ too..:dozed: If i change from my s4 to vtec3, i tink estimated have to put in additional 5-6k, since my s4 value now only ard 3k plus.... Let say i spend 1k plus to renew and cosmetics my s4, i can enjoy the same outlook as vtec3 and total i can save of 4-5k.. correct?:cheeky: :cheeky:

I believe for those who interested to modify their S4, oso have the same mind of me... :cheer: :cheer:

Btw, modify of vtec3 tail, is legal?

calculation can be both right and wrong...

unless your bike is in an excellent condition, spending 4-5k for a new tech bike + most prob, not so much maintainance problems....

alittle here and a little there for maintainance adds up to alot of $$....

regards to the spec 3 tail, according to fellow bikers who also have done the mod, they seem to pass the inspection with flying colours... LOL

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=67030&d=1214533391

Phantom TA150 ----- Gone

CB400 Spec2---------Gone

Yamaha X-1----------Gone

go to s4 bike forum... they state that can get ard 200 to mod the tail to spec3 type, i was thinking of changing to it too if its only 200

The link pls....

Phantom TA150 ----- Gone

CB400 Spec2---------Gone

Yamaha X-1----------Gone

bros this afternoon got like shock coz my front brakes like jam on the disc brakes

can move but create so much friction i go and touch the disc kena burnt my finger is it becoz of the brake pads botak already or something else pls help juz took out my spec 1 last week.......

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=71643&id=100000279643239You sleep when you're dead....;p

Hi there, i can convert your s4 into a cafe racer or streetfighter if u are interested. u can see my works in cruiser section - "RIOT's Den". i do mainly cruisers, but cafe racers and streetfighters also make me drool.. haha..

if u are thinking of modding.. my opinion is to truely mod it into something different..