SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Hazard Oriented Vision (HOV) : Safety Ride 30 Aug

endlessloop

U gotta go try yourself.....

U will appreciate SHOEI as SHOEI .....

Does your head worth 150? 500? 1000?

There endless brand of Flip ups... Ultimately find one u think suits both ya pocket and comfort level....

Not Branded stuff always good,

Even HJC, MHR can be good if wearing it feels fine ( try earplugs to reduce the wind noise)

Good helmet should stay on ur head when situation calls for.. break as it should when force is absorbed and not Eject from your head as u seen in the clips...

I rem reading 1 posting saying multitec no good ... .after the person got into accident and the chin cover broke...... .he so furious why it broke and wrote to Shoei asking for explanation.... Shoei came back asking.. .It served its purpose absorbed impact and broke... (but of course)....

that's very true

i guess i gotta test it out myself...

haha. imagine the sales staff at C. Aik counter if i ask them can test or not and they say yes, then i go outside to have a ride round the block... LOLz

it is designed for impact.

same rule applies, if i lifted you up and threw you against a wall... you will hurt big time coz the wall is too strong to break. but if i threw you against a straw / bamboo wall which may break, it will definitely slow you down and reduce your velocity of impact, translating into less hurt...

there was an article i read somewhere (cannot recall where now :( ) that is if you encounter a very bad bike accident, one thing you should never try doing is to remove the helmet, it may actually save the accident victim that way especially if you do not know or not the extent of his neck / head injuries... same thing again, if it doesn't break, it could have transmitted all the shock to the skull...

Grounded... :/

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's your budget? I think HJC should be quite affordable? Mine is AGV, bought for $350 but price has come down to $200+ already I heard.

I am actually eyeing this one! http://www.webbikeworld.com/r2/motorcycle-helmet/nexx-x30/ But probably will cost a bomb.

Wa, this helmet is so cool! :lol:

Umm... I'm very sure you can find very good ones at Regina and MotoWorld. I don't think they cost that much as compared to a Shoei, Arai or AGV.

And yes, most importantly, the helmet must fit comfortably. You wouldn't wanna end up with ear infections and stuff like that...

Ya, will go down regina soon, since a lot of ppl recco! :thumb:

i tried KBC (Yamaha) full face helmet at motoworld. it fits my head perfectly. the price only $99. definitely comfortable. and it's made in japan.

Can we actually try helmets in the bike diams? Regina and Motoworld both can try-fit?

I duno which one to recommend but i noe which one not to recommend.

I am using the HJC CL-Max. It gets uncomfortable after sometimes as it is squashing my face. Went touring once with it and regretted it. Until now, the helmet has not "broken-in" to my head yet. :cry:

I am actually considering between the HJC flip up and GDR flip up. But heard HJC better?

SO will take note of ur experience.

Guys i just got a unused Zeus Flip up for $50 bucks.... very convenient, very comfy.. will post pic for you to see soon.... very very comfortable!! Flip up are da bomb!! :angel::cheeky:

Got shadow not? Wu Yah Boh? From others or from shop?

Be Safe & Wreckless

Sin Ming Editor 1 day jail, $2k fine for pillion death!

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5326937&posted=1#post5326937

we're actually spamming the HOV thread with all these but i guess safety gear is also a part of safe riding so i got a Q for you Anodise...

how is the noise buffer for the multitec? been thinking of getting it but so pricey :(

i'm presently using the MHR 346 and can go deaf with wind noise after long ride haha...

I just use $2 ear plugs... problem solved.. but your eye must be more alert cos your ears are sleeping...

This is so true. The helmet has done its job. I guess that person was thinking he could reuse the helmet!!! Absolutely no way - time to junk it and get a new one!!!

My partner just threw out one of his very old half-cap helmets, one that he wore for "decorative purposes" (for riding the bike up one level in the MSCP) scratches all over. We purposely dirty it with soil and dirt so that no one will want to pick it up. Guess what, it was gone within 3 hours. :faint: Good luck to whoever who took it.

Aiya wasted my friend getting my RxK want to use half cap to "look cool" despite my safety advise to him... hahhaha. :cheeky:

Jackson> got from fellow forumer... im very good at smelling out bargain deals.. if dont mind blow my trumpet abit.. hee hee heee

Can we actually try helmets in the bike diams? Regina and Motoworld both can try-fit?

Of course you can try the helmets! I tried at least about 15 helmets before deciding on this AGV Ti-Tech...

Do make sure the helmets fit snugly, NOT tightly! And... do make sure that the helmets have the PSB sticker on it!

Biking is something that everyone can learn and enjoy! :goodluck:

http://i426.photobucket.com/albums/pp344/s4dreamer/Laos%20n%20Cambodia%20Trip%2011%20to%2028%20May%202009/Poipet-Cambodia1.jpg

I just use $2 ear plugs... problem solved.. but your eye must be more alert cos your ears are sleeping...

Er... if local riding makes your ears go "deaf", that means the helmet is too noisy. In local riding, you shouldn't even need to wear ear plugs.

I only get that feeling when I travel on the NSH for hours... Only on that kind of trip that I need to wear ear plugs...

http://i426.photobucket.com/albums/pp344/s4dreamer/Laos%20n%20Cambodia%20Trip%2011%20to%2028%20May%202009/Poipet-Cambodia1.jpg

Of course you can try the helmets! I tried at least about 15 helmets before deciding on this AGV Ti-Tech...

Do make sure the helmets fit snugly, NOT tightly! And... do make sure that the helmets have the PSB sticker on it!

If you cash to burn can go bike accessories lor.. 3 words for you... Lim Ah Boy.

But me a humble student cannot afford it so i buy from forumers... already have like what now.. 5 helmets... All from forumers at knockdown rates... LOL! Except for my KBC twirl... that was brand new from a moderator! :angel::cheeky:

Er... if local riding makes your ears go "deaf", that means the helmet is too noisy. In local riding, you shouldn't even need to wear ear plugs.

I only get that feeling when I travel on the NSH for hours... Only on that kind of trip that I need to wear ear plugs...

I don't know... maybe i should stop going at 120km/h on expressways... always have a ringing in my ears when exit the expressway.. :cheeky::cheeky::cheeky:

If you cash to burn can go bike accessories lor.. 3 words for you... Lim Ah Boy.

But me a humble student cannot afford it so i buy from forumers... already have like what now.. 5 helmets... All from forumers at knockdown rates... LOL! Except for my KBC twirl... that was brand new from a moderator! :angel::cheeky:

Aiyoh... the helmets that they have are of all kinds of price range.

I do think that the Carberg helmet that Ah Sing is wearing is quite reasonably priced though...

And yes, glad that you have found a brand new helmet on SBF! That must have been a great steal!

I don't know... maybe i should stop going at 120km/h on expressways... always have a ringing in my ears when exit the expressway.. :cheeky::cheeky::cheeky:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Aiyoh... the helmets that they have are of all kinds of price range.

I do think that the Carberg helmet that Ah Sing is wearing is quite reasonably priced though...

And yes, glad that you have found a brand new helmet on SBF! That must have been a great steal!

If im not wrong, THE BEAST is selling his helmet! Yes... this one!! On the handlebar

http://i426.photobucket.com/albums/pp344/s4dreamer/HOV_22Mar09/IMG_0894.jpg

Can get from him if your head so big like his XL.... HAHHAHHA!!! :cheeky::cheeky:

His helmet is Carlsberg also

But me a humble student cannot afford it so i buy from forumers... already have like what now.. 5 helmets

LAB dun really have all the bike accessories, some the quality not really gd.

5 helmets??? time for me to get a spare one for myself, i got 2 pillon helmets only

Yamaha RXZ, Kawasaki ZX KR150, Yamaha Spark135, Honda CB400 REVO NC42, Suzuki DRZ400SMK8, Aprilia RS125, Suzuki GSXR600K9, Honda RS150R

Click on the bike models for Information/Servicing/Maintenance on Kawasaki KR150, Honda CB400 Revo, Suzuki DRZ400SM and Suzuki GSXR

Facebook HONDA CB400 REVO

Can't post a new thread ?? Read HERE

SBF Garage Sales Act ---> Read HERE

Wa, this helmet is so cool! :lol:

Ya, will go down regina soon, since a lot of ppl recco! :thumb:

I am actually considering between the HJC flip up and GDR flip up. But heard HJC better?

All the shops you can try one....

Chong Aik, Chiap Lee (3 branch), Reginas, Motoworld (Ubi & lavender)

Btw ... .KBC is from US not japan

also.. wat is GDR helmet?

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b250/anodise5757/project57/Hornbulbfoggiesbanner2013_zps6e758ef1.jpg

Click Here --> <CMO> Premium Products - HELLA, Philips & Osram

Rider.sg site is up.

This site is dedicated towards evangelising motorcycling safety in Singapore.

We will progressively add more things there in the future.

http://www.rider.sg

just checked it out and it really looks great!!!

very classy looking :)

thanks s4Dreamer for the site set up! great job! :thumb:

Grounded... :/

If im not wrong, THE BEAST is selling his helmet! Yes... this one!! On the handlebar

http://i426.photobucket.com/albums/pp344/s4dreamer/HOV_22Mar09/IMG_0894.jpg

Can get from him if your head so big like his XL.... HAHHAHHA!!! :cheeky::cheeky:

His helmet is Carlsberg also

Waaahh... here also got sales thread.... :lol::lol::lol: :offtopic:

:btw: Uppss my sale!!

Aiyah... cut super long story short:

-Get helmet that is good within budget.

-People can say this and that, ultimately it's your head and your wallet.

-Most important, comfortable, feel happy and safe wearing it!!

Remember this...Ultimately, we never want to test the limit of the helmet with your head still in it.... bottom line... RIDE SAFE!! :thumb:

:thumb: THE FIRST RIDE IS NEVER THE BEST! :thumb:

View my Trips and be my contact @

gsbeast.multiply.com

Rider.sg site is up.

This site is dedicated towards evangelising motorcycling safety in Singapore.

We will progressively add more things there in the future.

http://www.rider.sg

:thumb::thumb: :clap::clap: :cheer: :cheer:

Antartica, Fritz, chris, sat go helmet shopping? If on let me noe k? :)

Be Safe & Wreckless

Sin Ming Editor 1 day jail, $2k fine for pillion death!

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5326937&posted=1#post5326937

oh pls.. psb.. even ah boy's 50 bucks helmet oso got psb..

Bah-weep-Graaaaagnah wheep ni ni bong.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v643/wayangxjr/contrast_siggy.jpg

DOes he Sell PSB stickers?? Lets say my hemet the sticker uhhhhh "drop out"... i need a new one... heee heee heeeeeeeee :angel::cheeky:

Forget about the PSB sticker lah. If you use a decent looking full face helmet, chances are TP won't disturb u.

P-plate should be an attitude to safety and riding. There's always more to learn.

10417710_10152885054228332_2597706433133321618_n.jpg?oh=a3e4c65165b15e5d659161c304211563&oe=54FB0965