SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

SBF Burgmans Cafe 2008 - K1 to K7

Brembo

Nope, goto this website: http://www.suzukicycles.org

And look for Skywave/Burgman, you'll be able to see the history of the models of Burgmans.

Even the smallest spark can start a massive forest fire...

Quotable Quotes: If you ride a motorcycle often, you will be killed riding it. That much is as sure as night follows day. Your responsibility is to be vigilant and careful as to continue to push that eventuality so far forward that you die of old age first

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

thanks so much for the input. much appreciated.

as i do not haf the manual, im not sure wat pressure shld go into the front and rear. could u fill me up that as well? :D

i used to ride a k6 an400. maybe i could help. check with u, wats your weight? do u pillion most of the time? pillion weight? u got a box? size of box?

TEAM RedBull Singapore

Daniel aka bigcow +65 9105-0569

ScooTourers: Have Scooter, Will Travel...

i used to ride a k6 an400. maybe i could help. check with u, wats your weight? do u pillion most of the time? pillion weight? u got a box? size of box?

im 1.6m abt 45kg. usually lingers around 45kg to 48kg la :p

no box yet. bike now at my dad's fren's workshop doing up some servicing. looking to go ah boy there buy a rear top box this coming week :cheeky:

im 1.6m abt 45kg. usually lingers around 45kg to 48kg la :p

no box yet. bike now at my dad's fren's workshop doing up some servicing. looking to go ah boy there buy a rear top box this coming week :cheeky:

how often u pillion?

TEAM RedBull Singapore

Hi hi.

I'm doing a comparison of FC between Burgman400 and SW400.

Any inputs for normal travelling ard 100km/h?

Thanks.

11 - 25 Nov - 15D, Taiwan - Fly and Scoot

7 - 15 Apr - 9D, Phuket and Hatyai Songkran

17 Nov to 2 Dec - 16D, North East Thailand (Issan)

30 Mar to 7 Apr - 9D Korea/Jeju Fly and Ride

8 - 24 Nov - 16D, Mae Hong Son

http://thehouseofdaviz.blogspot.sg/

Hi hi.

I'm doing a comparison of FC between Burgman400 and SW400.

Any inputs for normal travelling ard 100km/h?

Thanks.

For me I can average 27km/ltr with pillioning, 100km/hr on expressways. For solo riding I can hit 28km/ltr on average.

Quotable Quotes: If you ride a motorcycle often, you will be killed riding it. That much is as sure as night follows day. Your responsibility is to be vigilant and careful as to continue to push that eventuality so far forward that you die of old age first

Arcfire and bigcow: Think the market is around $26~27 with labour on the market..... currently I'm using the slightly lower grade Motul 7100 Fully Synthetic and it's $22 with labour.

erm, i dun pillion. got no confidence :angel:

anyway i still tinking to put box anot. underseat can put 1 helmet. tats enough for me. but sometimes i go shopping ma :cheeky: the underseat smaller den joyride's one

oh... yours is the old model. underseat smaller alot. from k4 to k6, its 55 liters. can put 2 full face, with rain coats & other barangs barangs.

TEAM RedBull Singapore

Arcfire and bigcow: Think the market is around $26~27 with labour on the market..... currently I'm using the slightly lower grade Motul 7100 Fully Synthetic and it's $22 with labour.

oh..... tats quite ex. there are places tat can get cheaper. btw, how is the 7100 u are using?

TEAM RedBull Singapore

So far so good, reduce my oil consumption.... last time every week need to top up 100~150ml of oil, now the 7100 can tahan at least 2 weeks. Will monitor this sat and see if I have to top up.

In that case count me in for 2 bottles! :cheeky:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v111/Arcfire/PGforumbike.jpg

Jun 2002 - May 2003 ~ NSR150SP

May2003 - Dec 2006 ~ GSXR400RR

Oct 2006 - Present ~ Burgman AN400K3

Long time no see guys.. Any of you still looking for the oil catch tank? I bought one at B-Plus for $18 w/o GST. Just to let you guys know in case u guys still looking for it

:cool:

Riot-Bike Co.

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k273/Riotbike/02ba5dfd.jpghttp://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k273/Riotbike/SimonsSideCarBike-1.jpg

Need sidecar for wedding photoshoot? PM me

hi burgman gurus...

need some advise... ( after seeing my burgman k1/2 which i sold regrettedly)

my uncle bought a burg k6 i believe (2nd hand) but with a mileage of 5K + only...

thing is when he went for an oil change, the mech opened the tranny and said that his " pulley, clutch/clutch housing " is all in bad shape

seems he housing has rainbowed in color due to overheating and the pulley has gone from a laft cone to having deep grooves...

1) Is this normal for an almost new bike less than 6K old?

2) Should he go for aftemarket parts or stock for replacement?

3) Should he change rollers for his riding style?

More info on rider and bike:

Rider weight about 90

Pillion about 90+

Rider rides about 90-120 most times, safe rider, never speeds unless required.

Bike has box and at times is with pillion from town to bedok and back a few times a week

Please advise

Thanks

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g172/dirtdynamics/logo2.jpg

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g172/dirtdynamics/IMG_0590.jpg

1) Is this normal for an almost new bike less than 6K old?

-> Can't say for sure.... but definitely sounds like it's a bit extreme for the parts to have worn so badly.... perhaps the scooter had a hard life for the 1st 5K under the previous owner.

2) Should he go for aftemarket parts or stock for replacement?

-> I think he should get a quote for both OEM and aftermarket to do a proper comparison... I am using the Polini transmission parts and so far after more than 20K kms they still look new... of course will depend on individual riding styles and usage. (i.e. I don't go touring)

3) Should he change rollers for his riding style?

-> Rollers change the acceleration characteristics of the scooter.... an analogy will be changing the sprocket sizes on a conventional motorcycle with chain.

As a general rule, lighter rollers = higher rpms, better acceleration, lower top-end. Heavier rollers = lower rpms, lower acceleration, higher top-end.

Hi.

But will the engine oil low indicator (I pressume there is one in the high-tech burgman 650) light up when the EO level is near the lower mark? Or will it light up only when it is below the lower mark? It would be quite irritating right, if every here and then the engine oil level low indicator lights up.

BTW, I think the EO consmuption of ur bike is alright, only the EO migration upsets me quite a bit (because I should be a future burgman 650 owner). I mean, this scooter is not cheap and already give us this EO migration issue, not sure if any future more serious problems might arise.

BTW, do you change Tx oil when u change your EO. My concern is, with this EO migration issue, if u just change EO wo changing Tx oil, wouldn't the old Tx oil flows back to the engine crankcase and mix with the new EO, that will defeat the purpose of changing EO, right?

Yes there is one. shld be wen very near the Low Mark. but if after warm up n it goes off after u ride a few metres, it is still ok.

buy la dun worry, got quite a few ppl here owning one. can share any prob together.

To solve this issue, i change the Tx together wen i change EO. Since add up oni need 2960ml, 3 EO bottles exact. (w/o oil filter change)

http://images.adrickloh.multiply.com/image/10/photos/18/500x500/15/DSC02203.JPG?et=kGUgEqN3OSljqAOX7c3ZqA&nmid=114339778

Update on oil again: (yes I know, I'm quite a-n-a-l about oil loss)

Last saturday did an oil change, once again using Motul 7100 10W40. One week later (today) I checked oil level. The oil was still at the top line of the oil dipstick.

I think this does it for me, from now on I will only use the same oil. Seems like this particular oil resist oil loss in the Burgman particularly well. The only alternative I may consider is the Motul 300V 10W40 if it is avaliable.

Now.... next target is exhaust and my bike will be 'complete'!

Okay, been 3 weeks since my oil change, today just checked the oil level, it was at the 1/4 mark on the dip stick.

I top-ed up about 140ml of 10W40 Motul 7100 left over from the last oil change, this brought the level of the oil to about 3/4 of the dipstick.

Will continue to monitor. :cool: If my assumptions/estimations are correct, should last me about 2 weeks before the level drops to 1/4 or a bit lesser.

• 2 weeks later...

hi guys!

I just came back from my thailand trip! ahha. any recent updates? i see the SBF outing and im quite keen on joining you guys. BUT, i have to check my schedule first.

btw, any idea how much is the belt for burgman 400? are there other things i shld change also? i remember for my joyride, there is this belt, roller and u clips, gear oil, total cost around $160. for burgman 400, may i know roughly wat to change and how much?

hi guys!

I just came back from my thailand trip! ahha. any recent updates? i see the SBF outing and im quite keen on joining you guys. BUT, i have to check my schedule first.

btw, any idea how much is the belt for burgman 400? are there other things i shld change also? i remember for my joyride, there is this belt, roller and u clips, gear oil, total cost around $160. for burgman 400, may i know roughly wat to change and how much?

Few mth back i gotten my Belt, roller and U shoe changed for 200 plus plus plus :cheeky:

Few mth back i gotten my Belt, roller and U shoe changed for 200 plus plus plus :cheeky:

just came back from workshop. i was quoted $280 for the rollers and belting. how many rollers are there? each how much?

1 belt how much?

still tinking to fix up my rear box first or change belting etc first.. hmm..

Belt...depending on your connections can range from $105 to $180...

Rollers... Can't remember if it's 6 or 8. Each $8 to 11 again depending on your connections.

Labour? FOC to $30 or more...again depending on your connections and ability.

:goodluck:

OLD NO GO, NEW NO COME.

Where did you go to get that quote? Maybe for the OEM parts you can try Guan Hoe at Eunos.

just came back from workshop. i was quoted $280 for the rollers and belting. how many rollers are there? each how much?

1 belt how much?

still tinking to fix up my rear box first or change belting etc first.. hmm..

Belt.

No box you still can ride, but if your belt break then got bike also no use.

This is assuming that you are unsure of the condition of the belt.

YP250 cos got keyless.... as for AN....I wonder what'[s the diff btn 250 and 400?....AN looking at new, K7 confirm?

the new yp250 premium sport won't be in so soon.

as for the burgman AN250 & AN400, from the K3 to K6, the looks are the same. the 250s got a slimmer thus lighter frame than the 400s. but remember, from the K3 onwards, then is running on FI.

currently in singapore, for the K7s, only have the 400cc ones.

wat are u actually looking for in a scoot?

1. comfortability

2. storage space

3. fuel consumption

4. spares availbility

5. speed

6. pick up

7. reliability

TEAM RedBull Singapore