SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

SBF Burgmans Cafe 2008 - K1 to K7

Brembo

Hello,

After riding 2 Super4 and currently the Deauville650(6yrs), I am looking forward to a high power scooter. I am eyeing the Burgman 650 and I hope I am right. I am not really in the scooter scene at all.

Can anyone suggest where I should go for viewing and buying this bike?

Thanks in advanced.

Better And Better

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hello,

After riding 2 Super4 and currently the Deauville650(6yrs), I am looking forward to a high power scooter. I am eyeing the Burgman 650 and I hope I am right. I am not really in the scooter scene at all.

Thanks in advanced.

good choice..

i think ASphoon changi has it..

Arai V-Cross2 Arai Rx7r3 Haga Arai Ram2 Arai Rx7r3 Conlin Edward Arai Rx7r3 Mick Doohan Arai Ram 2 Arai Rx7r4 Gunmetal Arai RX7r4 Shinaya Nakano Shoei X11 Kato Black Arai Ram 3 Gunmetal Arai Ram 3 Shoei Neotec Shoei J-cruise

KTM 200EXC Gilera Runner SP Aprilia RS250 Hornet 250 Gilera Runner Vxr Yamaha Yzf 05R6 Honda Wave 125 X9 Evo 200 SilverWing 400 Yamaha Tmax XP500 NC700XD STX C650GT

This question have been posted before. There is a '06 one @ ASP Changi & another "04 or '05 one @ Looi's. But the one @ Looi's one is quite old le. The tires have harden & critically, its not an agent bike.

A new 650 Exec cost abt $18k. A 2nd hand one from $8k onwards.

Till date, no '07 ones been to Singapore cos there is no demand for this bike. And its been mention before tat the '08 ones, likely not coming also. Unless there is a demand. Take a look in the burgmanusa.com forum.

The seat is not comfortable. Its kinda hard. And the rear absorbers are also quite stiff. And most importantly, its not a fast bike.

Thanks for your reply. That means this model is not selling well and not supported. Does the agent bring in the 650? Will be problem if there is parts and accessories issues. How about the 400 k7? Is it more much cheap and popular?

Better And Better

Hello,

Thanks in advanced.

There is one K6 model in ASP Changi and one K4 model in Looi's Motor.

The one is ASP Changi is a grey colour one. They selling at abt $18k. But dunno still there or not.

The one in Looi's motor is kinda old. Tire seems harden liao. They selling abt $17k but its not an agent bike.

Heard tat ASP Changi got a 2nd hand 2 year old one. But dunno still there or sold off le. Best u go down check it out.

Btw, tis 650 is not powerful. Cos its running on gears. Not belt driven. And the aero dynamics are no good. Top speed abt 180km/hr. Even a Honda Silverwing 400 Euro can achive this speed.

Any probs or questions, can always give me a call.

TEAM RedBull Singapore

Daniel aka bigcow +65 9105-0569

ScooTourers: Have Scooter, Will Travel...

Thanks for your reply. That means this model is not selling well and not supported. Does the agent bring in the 650? Will be problem if there is parts and accessories issues. How about the 400 k7? Is it more much cheap and popular?

talking abt the 400, i used to ride a K6 AN400. got into an accident, the agents took 8 months to bring in my parts. wat do u think. the agent dun really carry this bike. cos no selling power. or i should say who on earth would wanna spend 18k on a scoot? pls refer to the thread u created. i just posted there.

TEAM RedBull Singapore

i think he forgot to add that he got put saddle bag that added to the wind disadvantage. :cheeky:

but AN650 definitely have the power. :thumb:

@ least the clutch wouldn't slip going uphill. :angel:

Yeah man!

Haha.

Sad to say, the clutch overheat and nearly slipped (or did it slip??) when going up the hill... :giddy:

But not sure whether the other single rider wing got slip anot lei..

At least 650 can go up comfortable!

i think he forgot to add that he got put saddle bag that added to the wind disadvantage. :cheeky:

but AN650 definitely have the power. :thumb:

@ least the clutch wouldn't slip going uphill. :angel:

because all scoots run on dry clutch, but the 650 is like a manual bike tat runs on a wet clutch.

TEAM RedBull Singapore

I know this is an old thread, but i'm just trying my luck:

I am surprised to hear that the AN650 is considered slow considering the capacity of the bike.

So is the silverwing faster than the AN650? Pickup or...?

As for the Burgman 650, its not abt the capacity. a silverwing's dry weight is abt the same also. For the 650, only the mid to high is fast. The pick up is not fast due to running on gears instead of belt. And the top is only max at 180km/h cos the aero-dynamic design isn't tat good.

I dunno if who is faster. But the top for the Burgman 650, Silverwing JDM 600 & Silverwing Euro 400 is abt the same.

Which Silverwing u talking abt? There are 3 models;

1) Silverwing 600 JDM (top abt 180km/h)

2) Silverwing 400 JDM (top abt 165km/h)

3) Silverwing 400 Euro (best in torque, top abt 175 to 180km/h)

All stated as in single up riding.

TEAM RedBull Singapore

You are all talking about top speed of various model of SW, question is how long can you mention their top speed and for how long. If I am not mistaken riding at top speed for too long is bad for the engine in long run. I maybe wrong, please lead me to some answer.

Another question is what is the more usable cruising speed of various models of SW or burgman. Speed you usually travel along NSHW without stressing too much for rider and bike.

You are all talking about top speed of various model of SW, question is how long can you mention their top speed and for how long. If I am not mistaken riding at top speed for too long is bad for the engine in long run. I maybe wrong, please lead me to some answer.

Another question is what is the more usable cruising speed of various models of SW or burgman. Speed you usually travel along NSHW without stressing too much for rider and bike.

hi there. we're just talking abt the top speed. no one is talking abt how long we can go on top speed. scoots are for relax riding. not exactly for high speed due to the small wheels.

normal avg speed we travel on NSHW is abt 120 to 140km/h. depending on the group, the person and the bikes.

fyi, honda do make quality engines tat last. i've a friend riding a wave from west to east everyday to work. he is always riding on top speed. his bike is not 3 years old and still growing strong.

whether riding on top speed for too long might be bad for engine in long run, it depends how well u take care of your oils. not forgetting in every engine, there is a limit when the engine will start eating the oils.

TEAM RedBull Singapore

hi bro.. newbie here.. still wondering whether to get sw 400 euro 07 or k7 burgman 400.. btw.. just wanna ask.. is it possible to use car engine oil for these scooters? as long as the rating is 10w-40? thanks in advanced...

Life is unfair.. It is fair.. Coz it is unfair to everybody..

Life's too short to waste..

Enjoy every moment as if it was your last..

Hi

1) If i had to buy brand new now, i will choose SW

2) Car engine oil is acceptable for scooter, but bear in mind both types of oil are designed with different needs in mind (e.g. Car RPM much lower than scooter RPM typically) so over the long-run not sure if any implication. However if you change oil frequent should not make much diff.

Hope this helps!

Even the smallest spark can start a massive forest fire...

Quotable Quotes: If you ride a motorcycle often, you will be killed riding it. That much is as sure as night follows day. Your responsibility is to be vigilant and careful as to continue to push that eventuality so far forward that you die of old age first

just to add..hope i dun ot..tmax full throttle all the way frm sg to malacca 180km/hr 2 up..1 up also same..only downslope 185km/hr..actually long distance high speed riding for scoots,cylinders also play a part..single cylinder will be too stressful..not that 2 cylinders are gd for it but it diversifies the stress on the cylinders..

Owned: Nsr 125 SP,CBR 400 RRL,Fazer 600 '04,ST1100,Runner 200 VXR,VFR800 ABS '05 + X8,XP500 BlackMax + KSR 111,Copen 660T, FXSTB Night Train Custom,YP250 Classic Limited,HyperMotard S ,Golf GTI DSG Mk5 ,MX-5 NCEC PRHT + W124 220TE, E92 325XL ,Golf GTI MKVI ,'08 XP500 [4B5] ,AE 101,ZC31S ,DC5 , NCP42

Current : Tmax 530

i see.. thanks for the info.. btw.. between sw400 and k7400. which one has a higher resale value? are suzuki part cheaper and easier to get? or honda's?

Life is unfair.. It is fair.. Coz it is unfair to everybody..

Life's too short to waste..

Enjoy every moment as if it was your last..

Hmmm I figured that since the air breather wasn't the problem, then the only reason why oil is still disappearing should be because of the piston and piston rings...... and this excessive burning is causing the secondary filter to become clogged.

So the only solution left is to change the piston and piston ring.... and at the same time do a valve adjustment.

Last time I check it's $400+ at GHC for top overhual

Riot-Bike Co.

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k273/Riotbike/02ba5dfd.jpghttp://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k273/Riotbike/SimonsSideCarBike-1.jpg

Need sidecar for wedding photoshoot? PM me

Hmmm I figured that since the air breather wasn't the problem, then the only reason why oil is still disappearing should be because of the piston and piston rings...... and this excessive burning is causing the secondary filter to become clogged.

So the only solution left is to change the piston and piston ring.... and at the same time do a valve adjustment.

Btw, where is this secondary filter? :cheeky:

Hmm, that sounds reasonable. Whats the expected downtime?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v111/Arcfire/PGforumbike.jpg

Jun 2002 - May 2003 ~ NSR150SP

May2003 - Dec 2006 ~ GSXR400RR

Oct 2006 - Present ~ Burgman AN400K3

Top overhaul is just the valve adjustment??

Quotable Quotes: If you ride a motorcycle often, you will be killed riding it. That much is as sure as night follows day. Your responsibility is to be vigilant and careful as to continue to push that eventuality so far forward that you die of old age first

Btw, where is this secondary filter?

http://images.powersportsnetwork.com/fiche/images/Suzuki/2003/Scooters/7244_20.gif

Items 1 and 2... it's called the 2nd Reed Valve Assy and Cover. Any idea what is it for? Maybe should just remove.... :sian:

Top overhaul is just the valve adjustment??

change piston + piston ring and also valve adjustment.. If valve adjustment alone should be quite cheap

Riot-Bike Co.

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k273/Riotbike/02ba5dfd.jpghttp://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k273/Riotbike/SimonsSideCarBike-1.jpg

Need sidecar for wedding photoshoot? PM me

• 2 weeks later...

dunno leh.... the symptoms a bit better liao.... maybe i should try another solution, which is to remove the PAIR valve....

• 2 weeks later...