SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

SBF Burgmans Cafe 2008 - K1 to K7

Brembo

was stuck at frenz hse last nyt, coz clnt start agn..

fed up.i took out the frnt fairin ... n fiddled ard with some wires.

realised one of them is in quite a bad shape. kinda exposed n fraying n loose.

not sure wat wire is that. (ignition? i duno)

in certain kamasutra positions, it will start the bike. but once i let go. the bike will switch off completely. (at first, i suspected it was a weak batt. but i charged it for 4 hrs prior to that. so it was a full charge. so it has to be smething electrical. )

so last nyt, on my way bak from fren hse, i stalled a few times alr... once that happens, i will go to the rd side, take out the frnt faring, push wire into the g-spot position, close bak fairing , den move on... repeat procedure till i reach home.

i tink its loose and shorted agnst smthing. last time, when i go over a huge hump or smething, it will stall also. prob the jerky motion caused sme contact of the wire agnst smething metallic.

well, thats juz my guess work.

FOR SALE (PM for more details)

-inline hockey guards,stick, gloves,pants

-ipod shuffle, 1GB, red, limited edition

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Use black tape can help secure in the interim??

Even the smallest spark can start a massive forest fire...

Quotable Quotes: If you ride a motorcycle often, you will be killed riding it. That much is as sure as night follows day. Your responsibility is to be vigilant and careful as to continue to push that eventuality so far forward that you die of old age first

I was tinking of the same thing. Y not use black tape to secure 1st?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v111/Arcfire/PGforumbike.jpg

Jun 2002 - May 2003 ~ NSR150SP

May2003 - Dec 2006 ~ GSXR400RR

Oct 2006 - Present ~ Burgman AN400K3

Ouch, i just checked the price for the G.P.R ones..... $750 for alloy and $850 for ti ones...... :giddy:

You mean this one?? http://www.gpr.it/admin/documenti/maxiscooter/subcategory/subsubcategory/grande_Copia%20di%20Burgman400K3.jpg

Quotable Quotes: If you ride a motorcycle often, you will be killed riding it. That much is as sure as night follows day. Your responsibility is to be vigilant and careful as to continue to push that eventuality so far forward that you die of old age first

Same bike

http://www.gpr.it/admin/documenti/maxiscooter/subcategory/subsubcategory/grande_Burgman400Intera.jpg

Looks like K2.

Somehow their site shows very strange things. The K2 is placed with K4 and K5 which doesn't make sense.

Leo Vince is rather high on my list as well..... :smile:

Well, it looks like its back to square one then....

How about the others?

I highly doubt that LV will give a better price even for 4 sets though.....

Can check out their website SBK and For Road

Btw how's your bike now?

My bike is good~~~ the noise is gone and now very smooth!! so much better then before!! thanks to Botak!!

change clutch assembly - everything

belt...

rollers...

change brake hose...

change seat cable...

change piston pump...

everything for 700... ok lar...

hee~~ so now very happy with the bike!!

4Road one is heavier than the SBK one though.... :sweat:

I prefer the SBK one..... hehe....

haven't heard from marvel for a long time ya? So when we meeting up again?

William, mabbe we check out the prices 1st then can discuss during the next meetup....

My bike is good~~~ the noise is gone and now very smooth!! so much better then before!! thanks to Botak!!

change clutch assembly - everything

belt...

rollers...

change brake hose...

change seat cable...

change piston pump...

everything for 700... ok lar...

hee~~ so now very happy with the bike!!

Any brothers here can give some advise, my newly purchased 2nd hand bike AN400K6, sometimes FI light comes on before i crank, and sometimes remains on blinking, when that happens, my bike is unable to start. :cry: any 1 experience this b4 and what should i do? BTW also where is this botak guy, you guys keep mentioning, i am looking for reliable mechanic.

anywhere can buy touring windshield for our bike? also can count me in Leo vince SBK or 4 road after market exhaust?

thanks in advance.

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o88/chasmavric/signature.jpg

ä¸èžä¸è‹¥èžä¹‹ï¼Œ èžä¹‹ä¸è‹¥è¦‹ä¹‹ï¼Œ 見之ä¸è‹¥çŸ¥ä¹‹ï¼Œ 知之ä¸è‹¥è¡Œä¹‹ï¼› 學至於行之而止矣

Any brothers here can give some advise, my newly purchased 2nd hand bike AN400K6, sometimes FI light comes on before i crank, and sometimes remains on blinking, when that happens, my bike is unable to start. :cry: any 1 experience this b4 and what should i do? BTW also where is this botak guy, you guys keep mentioning, i am looking for reliable mechanic.

anywhere can buy touring windshield for our bike? also can count me in Leo vince SBK or 4 road after market exhaust?

thanks in advance.

The FI light will always come on when you turn on the ignition, and should go away after a few secs. Blinking means there is an error detected by the ECU. At the front of the bike, near the back of the headlights area, there are a few connectors. when you short 2 of them, you'll set the bike to diagnostic mode. Thats when you will see an error code. Then based on the error code you can start troubleshooting. Best is to go to a workshop that you trust.

No lah.... engine work..... decided to spend the money for exhaust on trying to solve the oil loss/intermittent idling-dying problem (which returned) once and for all....

:sian:

thanks in advance.

mind telling me the plate of your bike? i might be able to help. cos i experience b4 that the FI thingy always happen on Suzuki bikes. And sometimes its actually not the FI causing the problem. U can call me also.

TEAM RedBull Singapore

Daniel aka bigcow +65 9105-0569

ScooTourers: Have Scooter, Will Travel...

Hi,

I was reviewing the specs of the 650 Exec. Looking like a good bike for me. Can anyone tell me where I should go to view the machine? How much does it cost? I would presume it a rare bike for a 650 so resale value is not there.

Anyway, I love the comfortable seat, storage space, and front rain protection compared to my current 650 half faring bike.

Any reply is much appreciated. Thanks in advanced.

Better And Better

No lah.... engine work..... decided to spend the money for exhaust on trying to solve the oil loss/intermittent idling-dying problem (which returned) once and for all....

:sian:

How do you plan on doing that?

The idling-dying problem is probably the throttle body... like the last time you did it, just needs cleaning i presume. As for the oil-loss thingy i've completely no idea. I was thinking of something, is there space to route the oil tube on the left of the airbox back to the oil filling cap?

If there is then you can stick with the normal tube from the valve to the airbox and the oil drain tube back to the engine. That way no need to use extra things and any excess that goes to the airbox is sure to flow back to the engine.

But from what i've seen with my oil filter the oil captured in the filter is extremely minimal(probably a 10 drops) whereas the loss recorded on the dipstick is much more. Seems like the oil goes somewhere else(or gets burnt off but i doubt so since there is no bluish smoke coming from any of our exhausts) Either way it seems that the valve is not where the biggest loss comes from.

Hmmm I figured that since the air breather wasn't the problem, then the only reason why oil is still disappearing should be because of the piston and piston rings...... and this excessive burning is causing the secondary filter to become clogged.

So the only solution left is to change the piston and piston ring.... and at the same time do a valve adjustment.

Hmmm.... but if the engine is burning off all the eo, then shouldn't we be seeing smoke at the exhaust?

Its kinda a waste to be opening up the engine only to find that the piston and ring are ok..... but then again, its probably cheaper if you bring it to guan hoe.... or botak?

Cheaper for which part? :sweat:

I plan to do what this person has done in the (BurgmanUSA) website.

Cheaper for which part? :sweat:

I plan to do what this person has done in the (BurgmanUSA) website.

Cheaper for labour charge... mabbe for parts.

Interesting..... Mabbe thats y there is the idling problem as well, cos of all the carbon buildup. But a new set of piston and rings will not be cheap....

Hi,

I was reviewing the specs of the 650 Exec. Looking like a good bike for me. Can anyone tell me where I should go to view the machine? How much does it cost? I would presume it a rare bike for a 650 so resale value is not there.

Anyway, I love the comfortable seat, storage space, and front rain protection compared to my current 650 half faring bike.

Any reply is much appreciated. Thanks in advanced.

This question have been posted before. There is a '06 one @ ASP Changi & another "04 or '05 one @ Looi's. But the one @ Looi's one is quite old le. The tires have harden & critically, its not an agent bike.

A new 650 Exec cost abt $18k. A 2nd hand one from $8k onwards.

Till date, no '07 ones been to Singapore cos there is no demand for this bike. And its been mention before tat the '08 ones, likely not coming also. Unless there is a demand. Take a look in the burgmanusa.com forum.

The seat is not comfortable. Its kinda hard. And the rear absorbers are also quite stiff. And most importantly, its not a fast bike.

TEAM RedBull Singapore

Daniel aka bigcow +65 9105-0569

ScooTourers: Have Scooter, Will Travel...