SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

SBF Burgmans Cafe 2008 - K1 to K7

Brembo

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Price seems okay, but the usual checks apply (e.g. engine any abnormal noises, steering when bike is on centrestand, and oil leaks/stains).

Even the smallest spark can start a massive forest fire...

Quotable Quotes: If you ride a motorcycle often, you will be killed riding it. That much is as sure as night follows day. Your responsibility is to be vigilant and careful as to continue to push that eventuality so far forward that you die of old age first

burgmans are quite limited in singapore. so there isn't anywhere u can check also. i sold my AN400 K6, FZ plate for abt $8k. Take this as a gauge ba. Dun bother to ask the bike shops also. cos all any o how bomb one. another way to gauge the price is tat normally burgman 400 is slightly cheaper than silverwings 400 of the same plate

TEAM RedBull Singapore

Daniel aka bigcow +65 9105-0569

ScooTourers: Have Scooter, Will Travel...

• 3 weeks later...

The shaft that it refers to is mis-leading, most scooters have a shaft which drives the wheel from the belt + clutch.

Quotable Quotes: If you ride a motorcycle often, you will be killed riding it. That much is as sure as night follows day. Your responsibility is to be vigilant and careful as to continue to push that eventuality so far forward that you die of old age first

I see.... you are riding an AN400? K? Current model is K7/8 right....went down to Rangoon Rd today and shop is closed? Went to ASP and saw the 650 yesterday....too big for me....

Think Burgman 400 K8 coming.. Machine price 10.5k.. Was asking for my dad in-law.. But he ended up getting Swing 777's Majesty 250..

Does anyone knows if the K8 is here already or not?

Not sure about the K8, but I think there is not much difference in terms of specs in the K7 and K8. Though some overseas riders of the K7 has reported some clutch problems with their K7s, which is supposely fixed in the K8. Dunno how true this is.... Anyway I'm riding the K3.

From Suzuki website, seems to me like the K8 is just a followup from the K7.

its exactly the same. no difference. but who knows whether they've solve the clutch problem. there was this ang mor who bought a 2nd hand, less than 1 year old K7 AN400. the clutch kept jumping and skipping. he went to the agent and they didn't wan to change for him. i myself had this problem too when i bought my brand new K6 AN400 . after riding for less then 2 months, my clutch slipped and the agent say its my own fault.

TEAM RedBull Singapore

I realised that the spec for the engine is different for K7 and K8. K7 compression ratio is 11.5:1 while K8, is 10.6:1. Not sure is it a typo....

http://www.suzukicycles.com/Products/AN400K8/Specs/Default.aspx

check with the K6 and before models. there might be a mis com there.

TEAM RedBull Singapore

Hows the PAIR valve mod coming up?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v111/Arcfire/PGforumbike.jpg

Jun 2002 - May 2003 ~ NSR150SP

May2003 - Dec 2006 ~ GSXR400RR

Oct 2006 - Present ~ Burgman AN400K3

Yo bro!

Disabled, with no ill effects. The 'coughing' and intermittent idling is gone. Happy happy!

Only thing is dunno if go inspection will fail the exhaust emission test.... :lol:

How about the oil loss?

Mind giving details on how you disabled it?

The shaft that it refers to is mis-leading, most scooters have a shaft which drives the wheel from the belt + clutch.

meaning? its still CVT belt driven? & must routinely/religiously chg belt every 15000km?? :cheeky:

meaning? its still CVT belt driven? & must routinely/religiously chg belt every 15000km?? :cheeky:

burgmans and silverwings, their belts can last abt 25 000 to 35 000km. manual states 25 000km. but depending on how u ride. i have a few friends riding silverwings, no matter how they whack, their belt can still last more than 30 000km.

TEAM RedBull Singapore

How about the oil loss?

Mind giving details on how you disabled it?

Oil loss still monitoring..... I top-up till full last last Saturday (23rd Feb), when i checked yesterday still have about half/ a bit more than half. Will see by this Saturday how it's like after 2 weeks.

Disabling was pretty simple.... just took out the two hoses leading from airbox to PAIR valve and from valve to cylinder, then seal up all the openings left (4 in total) with rubber stoppers and that's it. No need to dismantle anything else.

Just came back from Rangoon road and spoke to the old uncle aka Mr Ang. He is a really nice guy...

According to him, the K8 is a brand new model ie new chasis and new engine.... conme with 14 inch front wheels instaed of 13 nch....dual front disc brakes, 10 inch cluth instead of 8 inches.

However I feel he might be mixed up abt the K7 and K6.

He said the K8 arrived last Dec - 30 bikes. All sold out. He called on the spot to confirm with bike shops for me....guess got to wait for the new shipment which he has no idea when.

The newer version brochure which he passed to me has the immobilsor-SAIS Suzuki Advanced Immobilzer System. Also the tank has incrased half a litre to 13.5l.

Fule consumption remains as per before.... why, is your bike having the same problem?

Yeah.... constant backfire when decelerating from e-way speed. idling irregular when start up, sometimes dies when i close throttle. After riding for more than 1 hour fully warmed up then no such problem.

Bumping up! Any updates on oil consumption william??

It as per usual I guess... so no improvement. Anyway my idling problem is making a comeback slowly..... could it be due to valve adjustments/camchain tensioner?

Really dunno liao.... and getting a bit sian.

hi guys, this bike caught my attention lately while scouting for the best combo for comfort, storage and practical reasons, was looking at the SW earlier on and decided to find out more abt this bike

1. Are the current ones on sale out there k7 or k8 ?

2. read in other forums that the k7 had some kind of clutch problem had it been sloved?

many thanks

Best regards

~deNSo SParky PluGs~

hi guys, this bike caught my attention lately while scouting for the best combo for comfort, storage and practical reasons, was looking at the SW earlier on and decided to find out more abt this bike

1. Are the current ones on sale out there k7 or k8 ?

2. read in other forums that the k7 had some kind of clutch problem had it been sloved?

many thanks

Best regards

go to the suzuki showroom (guan hoe) to get the confirm right answers. its along rangoon road.

TEAM RedBull Singapore