SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Apparel : RS TAICHI Riding Gears

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by I am Roy@December 21, 2006 08:47 am

Rainbuster is good. I've been using mine for coming to 3 yrs. Not a single leak in the pants.... sure keeps my legs and balls dry and comfy, unlike those $30+ raincoats that i've tried long ago.

Sad to say, the torrential rains for the past few days has been soaking. Maybe my raincoat has aged. But the pants are still going strong!

Maybe it's time to invest on the Drymaster now.

Yeah I was thinking of changing to Drymaster as well, cost ard $120++, its slightly heavier. Other then that its the same as rainbuster. Now problem is size I'm kinda skinny so not easy to find one my size. Haha..

http://img102.imageshack.us/img102/719/my1sthondamatchez0.jpg

Originally posted by I am Roy@December 21, 2006 08:47 am

Rainbuster is good. I've been using mine for coming to 3 yrs. Not a single leak in the pants.... sure keeps my legs and balls dry and comfy, unlike those $30+ raincoats that i've tried long ago.

Sad to say, the torrential rains for the past few days has been soaking. Maybe my raincoat has aged. But the pants are still going strong!

Maybe it's time to invest on the Drymaster now.

my rainbusters also dying already...when it rains I get a wet tummy but the pants are still in good condition...after 3.5 yrs of using..well worth the 70+ I paid for it...think now its time to get a new one.....

That time Kenji did told me that the lifespan was 1-2 yrs but it lasted for 3.5....maybe now its time to upgrade to Drymaster also.....

But the best thing abt rainbusters is that its thin and easy to store under the seat...

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/WingZer0/Interceptor/TailLight-1.jpg

Originally posted by JeetKuneDo@January 12, 2007 03:11 pm

TS, have you tried taichi's rainshoe cover ?

Isit good? or for rain shoe i should go buy normal type is good enuff?

a gd way to resolve this issue is to just get a waterproof riding boots.

Saves alot of issue on this. Last time i used to ponder on this but in the end decided to get a touring boots. Never regretted it since, i leave my office leather shoes in office and ride to and fro with my boots.

Super Motard ----> Sports Tourer

Support The Yellow Ribbon Project And Help Unlock The Second Prison :p

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
:weep: Bought a dry master for myself and rain buster for my wife last December (2006). However yesterday's heavy rain was the first time my dry master disappointed me...my front top t-shirt, upper arms and knee cap were wet...I had full confidence with it until yesterday....:cry:

Life is a journey...keep on walking

Originally posted by rideral@March 04, 2007 10:01 am

:weep: Bought a dry master for myself and rain buster for my wife last December (2006). However yesterday's heavy rain was the first time my dry master disappointed me...my front top t-shirt, upper arms and knee cap were wet...I had full confidence with it until yesterday....:cry:

hmmm... are you sure you had zipped up the jacket properly? seems like a material defect. did you bring it back to the shop for an explanation? spent $100+ and the jacket failed on you.

http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/8475/cbrnaked.jpg

went motoworld recently and wanted to buy the rainbuster

but the L size left only red

anyone know when the stock will be in again?

24th Sep 2003 - Class 2B

13th Feb 2004 - Class 3

13th Feb 2007 - Class 2A

2003 - 2005 (NSR150SP)

2005 - 2013 (X-1)

2013 - Present (DRZ400SM)

i'm currently using rs raincoat also... bought it last year at around $80+... for the first half year i use it... it will only leak abit of water in at somewhere around my belly there... but did not use it for some time... but recently when i use it.. it seem not to be able to proof water any more... the clothes i'm wearing under the coat was almost all wet and only alittle parts were dry... i was very upset abt it.. there were comfirm no holes at all... am i paying $80+ for a rain coat which can only last me for a year??? pls i need feedback...

GSXR rulez!!!

Went down Motoworld a few days ago n Nick from there mentioned that they are bringing in new models for the dry master called dry master X. heard him mentioned that his boss is not bringin in old models anymore... anyway pants are out of stock as well.... gotta wait for stock to come...

Originally posted by patricc@March 09, 2007 08:10 pm

Went down Motoworld a few days ago n Nick from there mentioned that they are bringing in new models for the dry master called dry master X. heard him mentioned that his boss is not bringin in old models anymore... anyway pants are out of stock as well.... gotta wait for stock to come...

did he mention when the stocks are coming?

24th Sep 2003 - Class 2B

13th Feb 2004 - Class 3

13th Feb 2007 - Class 2A

2003 - 2005 (NSR150SP)

2005 - 2013 (X-1)

2013 - Present (DRZ400SM)

Originally posted by fidz07@November 23, 2006 07:43 am

I dunno if this is :offtopic: but just want to share.

There's a shop in Bangkok, Thailand that sells RS Taichi products really cheap. And this shop is something like Motoworld that we have in Singapore. Here's the add by the way:

PRO SHOP PADDOCK CO. LTD

169/84 Ratchadapisek Rd

Din Daeng Bangkok Thailand 10320

On more details on how to go you guys can pm me.

hi any one can give me direction how to go this shop in BAng kok...

just realize my past msgs all kanna del....:cry:

http://app2.nea.gov.sg/data/xml/rainlocation_map.gif

Originally posted by minime@March 07, 2007 11:42 am

hmmm... are you sure you had zipped up the jacket properly? seems like a material defect. did you bring it back to the shop for an explanation? spent $100+ and the jacket failed on you.

I did zip up the jacket properly and wat about my pants? My left knee was wet. I bought it in December and it's already March...dun think they would do anything for me...furthermore, I've worn it several times (lighter rain) before I got wet in the heavy rain....sigh

Life is a journey...keep on walking

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Went to Motoworld lately and bought this Taichi jacket for $250. It has protectors on shoulder, elbows and back. Very rain proof and can be worn in cloudy days and nights too. Only wearing in a sunny day will leave you sweating.

If you cannot fit into the men's M size, can try the women's L size.

I am quite satisfied with this jacket.:cheer:

http://www.55degreez.com/55sStreet/RSTaichi/Images/rsj204.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi guys, uhh i hope i'm not repeating anyone elses questions, i didn't read through all posts in this thread. I'd like to know if anyone using the RS taichi goretex pants? i called motoworld they say 280, quite ex right? Like more ex than some jackets man. Also they don't bring in the armoured Goretex rain gloves, any idea on the pricing on that? any reviews on these products? Thanks guys.

doh!