SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Apparel : RS TAICHI Riding Gears

How long have you used your raincoat?

Do you put your raincoat under heat (sun, etc)?

There are several reasons that raincoat might be damaged. Sometime it is the sealing tape on the material. Sometime due to prolong usage, the waterproof material will not function as well as before.

BEst regards,

james

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r128/motoworldsg/motoworld.gif

where every ride is a pleasure....

1) MOTOWORLD Boutique Showroom

161 Lavender #01-12 Singapore 338750

Tel : 63361126

2) MOTOWORLD Main Showroom & Workshop

10 Kaki Bukit Rd. 1 #01-08 Singapore 416175

Tel : 68440792 , 68440794

View our website at

http://www.motoworld.com.sg/

View our facebook at

http://www.fb.com/hodakamotoworld

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

just found out my rstaichi pants leak.. at groin area :cry:

and i usually folded it at home or side panniers, not exposed to heat and not using it for all day long. only for local use to and fro office :(

http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb310/celticbiker/th_twins.jpg

• 4 months later...

Hi all, let me provide a "balanced" view on the rs taichi drymaster.

I have used one for 1 year 8 months on a regular basis whenever it rains.

I sponge and washed it about 3 times over this period.

And it "gave way" recently.. starting to leak in some areas.

I have a different experience from other forumers.. I get creases on my shirts and I also sweat in it when riding to work in the rain.

But, I am still going to get another drymaster as replacement.

It's still one of the better raincoats out there. It's very waterproof and light.

Don't expect a super raincoat. It's "mian qiang okay" priced for its purpose.

*Take note to test out the raincoat in heavy rain within 3 months. I had to change my 1st one which had a leak. 2nd one was the one that lasted 1 yr 8 mths.

I bought a Taichi raincoat during promotion..... but now it seem like whenever it rains.. my chest and sleeve sure wet one.. issit the rain coat spoil or wat??? sian manz

My sleeves also get wet.. cos I am riding a cruiser with a drag bar.. so bor pian water sure trickle down my hands n into sleeves in heavy rain. Sometimes I kenna chest got wet spot.. cos hunch abit.. then coat got a fold where rainwater collects.

Maybe it's cos of the way your body is positioned on your bike? best to sit upright and try to keep your arms at an angle where rainwater doesnt trickle down into sleeves.

Try velcro-ing up properly for your neck area.

• 3 weeks later...

Good raincoats have to fit you properly for a good chance at staying dry.

If your raincoat is too big, chances are water will slip through the collar area and at the top of the chest opening.

Your rain coat should have a double-fold zipper seam at the front. The double fold will direct water down the front of your coat rather than let it sip thru the entire zipper length.

This same zipper-fold should extend all the way up to the end of your collar. This way, there is no lobang between the collar and the end of the zipper for rainwater to slip thru. Many cheaper rain coat suffered from this design flaw. (which is why you see a lot of riders wearing a 2nd rain coat back to front to cover all these vulnerable areas.)

Wearing a full-face helmet will also help prevent rainwater from seeping thru the top of your collar. I wear a balacava and tuck it over the collar of my rain coat. (The balacava may get soaked but I have another dry pcs for the ride back.)

On the other hand, your rain pants should be big with enough slack for plenty of knee bends. do not be afraid to look like some kuku wearing pants up and above their belly button. The whole idea is to minimize the stretch along the seams. The seams are the most vulnerable and they run along your groin area. The moment you strain those seams, they burst. Thus wear big big rain pants.

I'm a big guy and I bought the 6XL pro-grip rain coat set. The seams on the rain pants are still steady even after 5 years of riding. I've already thrown away the original coat but am still using the same pro-grip rain pants.

Thus pants should be as big as possible while the coat should be snug, IMHO.

Goo

Current - Honda NC700XD

Previous - Honda Deauville 650 VY

Previous - Honda ST1100

Previous - Honda Super Four Version S

Previous - Honda Phantom TA200

• 2 weeks later...
Just bought the RS Taichi Drymaster rain coat. I did not bargain or ask for discount but I paid only $130 for it + a SS water bottle as free gift. Only M size / blue color left in their store.

Bought RS Taichi Drymaster at Lavender MV at 130 as well. Worth the money spent.

which model ur bought ?

i wanna get 1 too

http://i1185.photobucket.com/albums/z341/lotand/IMG_1124.jpg

Ride Defensively; always.

Class BB2BDC - 11AUG2010

Kawasaki KIPS -> 2010 ~ 2014

Aprilia RS125(09) -> 2014 ~ 2017

Class BB2ADC - NOV2016

Suzuki DRZ -> 2017 ~ 2018

Honda Revo -> 2018 ~

Just bought the RS Taichi Drymaster rain coat. I did not bargain or ask for discount but I paid only $130 for it + a SS water bottle as free gift. Only M size / blue color left in their store.

hi. motoworld at kaki bukit sells two kinds of rs taichi drymaster. one is more like a raincoat, while the other is more like a jacket. what's the difference between the two (besides what i have just highlighted)??

thanks!

is there still a branch there,towards timah road ?

Class BB2BDC - 11AUG2010

Class BB2ADC - NOV2016

Honda Revo -> 2018 ~

Bought RS Taichi Drymaster at Lavender MV at 130 as well. Worth the money spent.

which model is that ?

Class BB2BDC - 11AUG2010

Class BB2ADC - NOV2016

Honda Revo -> 2018 ~

hi. motoworld at kaki bukit sells two kinds of rs taichi drymaster. one is more like a raincoat, while the other is more like a jacket. what's the difference between the two (besides what i have just highlighted)??

thanks!

I believe the raincoat one has no armour pads while the jacket one has elbow, shoulder and back/chest (can't remember) armour pads. Raincoat is RSR whereas jacket is RSJ. Raincoat is priced around $100++ whereas the jacket is priced about high end of $200++.

Licence

Class 3 - 03 Jul 2009

Class 2B - 28 Jul 2010

Class 2A - 27 Jun 2012

Rides

2007 Honda CBF 150 - 30 Nov 2010 (FBB 5207 D) - Sold

2006 Hyundai Getz 1.1M - 27 Jun 2012 (SGF 7187 J) - Scrapped

2000 Suzuki DRZ400SY - 20 Apr 2016 (FV XXXX D)

is there still a branch there,towards timah road ?

You mean at where there used to be a Shell petrol station after Sim Lim Square? Not anymore. Motoworld is at Kaki Bukit and Lavender St.

Licence

Class 3 - 03 Jul 2009

Class 2B - 28 Jul 2010

Class 2A - 27 Jun 2012

Rides

2007 Honda CBF 150 - 30 Nov 2010 (FBB 5207 D) - Sold

2006 Hyundai Getz 1.1M - 27 Jun 2012 (SGF 7187 J) - Scrapped

2000 Suzuki DRZ400SY - 20 Apr 2016 (FV XXXX D)

• 1 month later...

Hey guys, I don't own one but I saw what motoworld offers and i think logically, the ones with armor are more like riding jackets WITH DRYMASTER material which makes them waterproof. so u don have to take out a raincoat to cover your jacket. whereas rs taichi drymaster rain coat including rain buster are well..rain coats. only for rain. wont save you the abrasions when you get into accident.

Yamaha 125Z-Oct 2006 to OCT 2010

HONDA CB400 SPEC 1 - OCT 2010..

• 5 weeks later...
Anybody can advise which drymaster models have hoods?

Thanks.

nv seen any wif hoods before

What are their largest sizes?big sized guy here.currently using a xxl raincoat.Thanks.

can drop by MW or give them a call regarding ur enquiries

Yamaha RXZ, Kawasaki ZX KR150, Yamaha Spark135, Honda CB400 REVO NC42, Suzuki DRZ400SMK8, Aprilia RS125, Suzuki GSXR600K9, Honda RS150R

Click on the bike models for Information/Servicing/Maintenance on Kawasaki KR150, Honda CB400 Revo, Suzuki DRZ400SM and Suzuki GSXR

Facebook HONDA CB400 REVO

Can't post a new thread ?? Read HERE

SBF Garage Sales Act ---> Read HERE

What are their largest sizes?big sized guy here.currently using a xxl raincoat.Thanks.

Taichi has a lot giant size.. no worry man

Class 2B: 11 May 2001 | Class 2A: 06 Oct 2009 | Class 2: 21 Dec 2010

Class 3 : 26 Sep 2003 | Forklift Licence: 06 Dec 2005

2001-2001 : Honda NSR SP 150

2002-2002 : Honda XR 200

2005-2005 : Honda Wave 125S

2006-2006 : Honda TA200

2008-2010 : Gilera VXR 200

2011-2014 : Honda Cbr 600

2014-Current: Yamaha FZ1S

2010-Current: Kia Picanto OPC