SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Recommended Battery Charger

Guys,

Free Battery reconditioning by our CTEK XS4003 & XS7000 this Sun morning 3rd July 9am-1pm at our location

- address is on our webby - http://www.limbat.com.sg

As b4 no need to bring anything or buy anything & Coffee & Tea is ON me.............

To avoid waiting pls call us at 93891138 to confirm time u r coming......

We will also be having some DIY work done - so pls come try DIYing as well.

Lim Battery

HP: 93891138 :angel:

• Replies 873
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Guys,

Battery Reconditioning Session by our CTEK XS4003 & XS7000 chargers (FOC) this Tue 9th Aug 8.30am-2pm only - pls call 93891138 to avoid waiting.

As b4 no need to buy anything or bring anything, jus come & I'll buy coffee/tea as well.

In Celebration of National Day - LimBattery is providing a full Continental Brunch - for all those who cannot eat our food bec of moral, personal or legal reasons - pls bring your own food so I can cook for U using our newest Infared Cooker Grill -

QookJoy.

I'll organize next month CTEK reconditioning & National Day Celebration for Lim Battery Muslim friends & customers.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Limbat,

Would like to check with you if you are carrying the new CTEK XS 0.8 already? If so, could you please pm me with the cost for 1 unit?

Thanks!

http://i884.photobucket.com/albums/ac46/Tachnicolour/Completed%20works/combination_2.jpg

Convert your backlight COLOURs at : <CMO> Speedo Backlight colour CONVERSION by Tachnicolour

Hi please don't feel offended cuz I'm asking some questions abit off topic,

Firstly I'm a total battery noob,

Is there a need for me to charge my bikes battery if I ride everyday?

Very curious because some people said no need to charge it if you ride your bike everyday..

Am using a Yuasa dry cell battery btw, was asking all this because I'm afraid one good day the battery just go flat, so might thought of getting a battery charger just in case..

And my voltmeter reading when idling is 13v to 14v without headlight on

Cheers!

No not yet - we still carrying the older version XS800 -

Planning for battery recondition session on the 11th Sep not yet confirm.

Alrighty, thanks for the info. Might be looking at that or the XS4300. Will be needing your recommendation on each type.

Cool, will stay tuned on this page to see if the recond session happens then.

Thanks for the quick reply!

http://i884.photobucket.com/albums/ac46/Tachnicolour/Completed%20works/combination_2.jpg

Convert your backlight COLOURs at : <CMO> Speedo Backlight colour CONVERSION by Tachnicolour

Hi please don't feel offended cuz I'm asking some questions abit off topic,

Firstly I'm a total battery noob,

Is there a need for me to charge my bikes battery if I ride everyday?

Very curious because some people said no need to charge it if you ride your bike everyday..

Am using a Yuasa dry cell battery btw, was asking all this because I'm afraid one good day the battery just go flat, so might thought of getting a battery charger just in case..

And my voltmeter reading when idling is 13v to 14v without headlight on

Cheers!

I'm not exactly an expert, but I'll share whatever I know...

The voltage appears healthy while you're riding, but the important reading is when you turn on the ignition, before you start the engine. How much does it read, and more importantly, is it consistent week after week, month after month? Or is it slowly but steadily creeping downwards?

To the best of my understanding, in simplified terms: if your bike is charging the battery more than it is consuming, your battery will be fine even if you don't charge it. If it is consuming more than it is charging, the battery will slowly get weaker over time and you should charge it periodically to keep it topped up. If you have a voltmeter on your bike, it should be fairly easy to monitor. If the battery is losing even 0.1v every week, it is only a matter of time before it gets too weak to crank the engine, so you should charge it from time to time to prevent that from happening. The first time the battery tries to crank the engine and fails, that strain will instantly shorten the lifespan of your battery - prevention is worth everything in this case.

Of course, if you don't ride for a few days, the battery's voltage will drop slightly. But as long as it comes back to its old levels after a day or two of riding, it should be fine.

Hope this helps :thumb:

If everything seems under control, you're simply not going fast enough. - Mario Andretti

I'm not exactly an expert, but I'll share whatever I know...

The voltage appears healthy while you're riding, but the important reading is when you turn on the ignition, before you start the engine. How much does it read, and more importantly, is it consistent week after week, month after month? Or is it slowly but steadily creeping downwards?

To the best of my understanding, in simplified terms: if your bike is charging the battery more than it is consuming, your battery will be fine even if you don't charge it. If it is consuming more than it is charging, the battery will slowly get weaker over time and you should charge it periodically to keep it topped up. If you have a voltmeter on your bike, it should be fairly easy to monitor. If the battery is losing even 0.1v every week, it is only a matter of time before it gets too weak to crank the engine, so you should charge it from time to time to prevent that from happening. The first time the battery tries to crank the engine and fails, that strain will instantly shorten the lifespan of your battery - prevention is worth everything in this case.

Of course, if you don't ride for a few days, the battery's voltage will drop slightly. But as long as it comes back to its old levels after a day or two of riding, it should be fine.

Hope this helps :thumb:

Thanks for your great explanation, now I have better knowledge of batteries :) anyway on ignition without starting the engine is 12v+ never reach 13v, is that normal?

And I have a couple of LEDs on my bike too. Shouldn't be a much problem, right? Cuz I understand LEDs don't take up that much power than the headlight and tail light.

All automotive battery self discharge, so if not in use it is best to charge them - do read here for a better understanding on how to maintain your batteries - http://www.batteryuniversity.com

Hi may i ask how big battery can a TA 200 accomodate ? 7 amp ? i understand stock is 5 amp right ? thanks

Love Doesn't Makes The World Go Round . . . Love is What makes the RIDE Worthwhile..:cheers:

Good Morning bro,

The CTEK battery chargers range from s$75 to S$588, inclusive of local registered mailing to your location.

Most comes with worldwide 5 years warranty.

Thank you for asking & with this sale we wil offer you a free gift.......

Richard Lim / Lim Battery aka limbat.

Guys,

Battery Reconditioning Session by our CTEK XS4003 & XS7000 Battery Chargers (FOC) this Sunday 11th Sept 8.30am-2pm only - pls call 93891138 to avoid waiting.

As B4 no need to buy anything or bring anything, jus come & I'll buy coffee/tea as well.

In Celebration of Hari Raya - Lim Battery is providing a full Halah Satay Brunch Treat - Vegetatrian & VEGAN are also welcome - for all those who cannot eat our food because of moral, personal or legal reasons - pls bring your own food ( Halah ONLY Pls ) so I can cook for U using our newest Infared Cooker Grill - QookJoy.

Good Morning bro,

The CTEK battery chargers range from s$75 to S$588, inclusive of local registered mailing to your location.

Most comes with worldwide 5 years warranty.

Thank you for asking & with this sale we wil offer you a free gift.......

Richard Lim / Lim Battery aka limbat.

Can you pm me the breakdown and the difference in pricing and models? went to your website but wasnt a clear picture.. thanks..