SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Recommended Battery Charger

• Replies 873
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys, today i tried to recondition a problematic battery but it cant be save - usually drivers/riders only try to charge/recond their battery when there is a problem. Best it to do regular maintainance charging/reconditioning b4 to prolong the battery life.

Happy Easter Holidays ....

Edited by limbat

HP: 93891138 :angel:

Guys, today i tried to recondition a problematic battery but it cant be save - usually drivers/riders only try to charge/recond their battery when there is a problem. Best it to do regular maintainance charging/reconditioning b4 to prolong the battery life.

Happy Easter Holidays ....

Yeah, I remember you mentioned every 2 months. I occasionally use the bike battery to run my GPS and even sometimes recharge my phone. For me charging used to be every month. Now I hardly tour, so my bike battery doesn't get drained out too quick.

http://badges.fuelly.com/images/sig-metric2/414133.png

• 3 weeks later...

Guys,

Recently 1 of our thai dealer - had this lesson - almost every other day they ride their Honda Click so after 1.5 years & they went on a holiday trip ( 6days ) upon return they cant start the bike - so then start charging the battery - luckly itis a OEM Honda battery & after 2 days of maintenance charging the bike is starting smoothly again. Pls take note........ do maintain your batteries .......

Hi Hi

How about next sunday ??

29, May Sunday? good, might bring the car battery for recon, will call you to final confirm. Thanks!

Guys,

Free Battery reconditioning by our CTEK XS4003 & XS7000 this Sun morning 5th June 9am-12pm at our location

- address is on our webby - http://www.limbat.com.sg .

As b4 no need to bring anything or buy anything & Coffee & Tea is ON me.............

To avoid waiting pls call us at 93891138 to confirm time u r coming......

Lim Battery

Once again, Thank you Mr. Lim for us to recondition our battery at your place with no charges!! and most of all, your precious weekend time.. Thank you and would like to see you again.

Hi limbat,

I'm interested to get a CTEK charger. Haven't read through the whole thread (it's 13 pages long) and was wondering what actually happens when a battery is "reconditioned"? Does it reverse the effect of sulphated batteries, or does it do something more?

What kind of batteries need to (and can) be reconditioned?

May I know which model can do this reconditioning and how much it costs? Kum sia!

Hi limbat,

I'm interested to get a CTEK charger. Haven't read through the whole thread (it's 13 pages long) and was wondering what actually happens when a battery is "reconditioned"? Does it reverse the effect of sulphated batteries, or does it do something more?

What kind of batteries need to (and can) be reconditioned?

May I know which model can do this reconditioning and how much it costs? Kum sia!

Yes mate - reconditioning reverse Sulphated batteries. Here is further reading on CTEK chargers - http://www.ctek.com

All automotive class batteries can be reconditioned. The XS4003 priced at s$175 & higher models XS7000 & XS250000.

how much is XS800 charger? or is there any battery charger cost less than $50? i am looking for one

The XS800 is priced at s$75 each, we do have Pre-owned units for sale at below s$50 - do email me at [email protected] & we'll KIV your request. Otherwise there are more chargers selling at Sim Lim Tower at various prices but check at Shop B1-11.

Edited by limbat

I bought a charger from ah boy for emergency and not maintainence purposes. $20. 5A 12 volt and looks crappy as its china made. Charged battery for two hours because i overslept. When i put it on the bike, still not enough to make It e start. Still have to push start. If i had another way around it, i would have bought a better one but the person at sim lim tower was pretty unsure.

Dragstar 400 classic & Zx6r

I bought a charger from ah boy for emergency and not maintainence purposes. $20. 5A 12 volt and looks crappy as its china made. Charged battery for two hours because i overslept. When i put it on the bike, still not enough to make It e start. Still have to push start. If i had another way around it, i would have bought a better one but the person at sim lim tower was pretty unsure.

Okay to update, Charged a dead battery for two hours with this and it cranked up real fine. For $20, pretty much a steal.

Hi everyone,

I just got a CTEK 4003 charger from limbat. I like it very much, what's cool is the 5 yr warranty.

But there's something I'd like to highlight, I read the user manual and they said not to use RECOND mode for dry cells aka AGM batteries. I did some research online and it also says dry cell batteries should not be reconditioned because it's not a wet cell.

So I emailed CTEK directly and they said only wet batteries, i.e. those filled with electrolyte, can use RECOND mode. They said not to use RECOND mode on dry cells.

I think nowadays most batteries sold in S'pore are dry cells.

Just FYI.

Hi everyone,

I just got a CTEK 4003 charger from limbat. I like it very much, what's cool is the 5 yr warranty.

But there's something I'd like to highlight, I read the user manual and they said not to use RECOND mode for dry cells aka AGM batteries. I did some research online and it also says dry cell batteries should not be reconditioned because it's not a wet cell.

So I emailed CTEK directly and they said only wet batteries, i.e. those filled with electrolyte, can use RECOND mode. They said not to use RECOND mode on dry cells.

Just FYI.

oic, I didn't know this 'cos my Ctek XS7000 doesn't say so. Good thing I haven't used it on my bike battery yet.

http://badges.fuelly.com/images/sig-metric2/414133.png

Hi everyone,

Just FYI.

Cool mate,

Your reference to DRY CELL batteries are the AA, AAA, C, D, 4D25 & etc etc type right ? AGM batteries are not DRY CELL Type, they are filled with electrolyte & uses a different type of plates. Could you forward me the CTEK email reply to U - so I can verify that again pls ..... pls email me at [email protected]

Have a great weekend...

LIMBAT aka richard

Saw this charger at Mustafa Centre.

http://www.decaweld.com/default.asp?cmd=getProd&cmdID=1956&l=2

What are your opinions on it guys?

I saw this the day i was stuck with a dead battery. Pretty pricey but its portable right? For that price, i rather get oxford from motorworld.