Jump to content
SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

    Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

    Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

    Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

    Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Gadget : GPS device on bikes


tt6389

Recommended Posts

Originally posted by MiCmAsTa@Aug 24 2006, 02:34 AM

Ah Boy shop got sell? :lol:

 

Jokes aside... Maybe those who are intereted in buying the GPS, can gather a list of people and ask for bulk purchase discount? I'm keen too but my pocket can not tahan. :giddy: :sweat:

if ah boy shop sells, would u buy?

i dun want to end up buy karmin when i'm asking for garmin :sweat:

 

very difficlt to do gps bulk purchase. 1 unit is excess of > $400. headache to find pp willing to pay, 2nd headache is organiser also won't dare to commit to purchase so many from the seller. later 1 idiot fly aeroplane how? 2nd hand units are pretty reasonably priced. with the new x thingy, many users are upgrading and would let go of their older models.

War is Peace.

Freedom is Slavery.

Ignorance is Strength.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Originally posted by floppy@Aug 24 2006, 11:40 AM

tt6389:

consider getting a proper gps mount :cheeky:

the gps mounted on your mirror stem doesn't looks "appealing"

try RAM-mount system. versatile and secure.

unfortunately, need to order and get it shipped to sgp.

 

if you’d like it to be even more versatile… here’s another option.

 

2in1_mount

you know if you go

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Interesting. I am currently using a PDA version. And the map is downloaded from http://www.malsingsmap.com. In fact, most of the stuff I get was free except for the GPS receiver and PDA.

 

I use the system quite often while I traveling into Malaysia. Very useful and responsive as well.

 

I place the PDA and GPS receiver into a tank bag which I custom made a hook to hook it onto my tang bra. Quite interesting. I shall take a picture later to demonstrate how I did it.

 

I am very glad that I found ppl interested in GPS system. If you guys & gals interested, we can meet up sometime to exchange ideas and exploration.....:smile:

DISCLAIMER

The comments made here are my own personal opinions and experiences.

It is entirely dependent on the readers' discrepancy and understanding of the information posted.

 

南无阿弥托佛

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Originally posted by MiCmAsTa@Aug 24 2006, 02:34 AM

Ah Boy shop got sell? :lol:

 

Jokes aside... Maybe those who are intereted in buying the GPS, can gather a list of people and ask for bulk purchase discount? I'm keen too but my pocket can not tahan. :giddy: :sweat:

me 2...but i would definatly save up and get a garmin system....

25 Nov 2003 - 24 Nov 2004 (FS6087P) (NSR SP)

24 Nov 2004 - 28 Feb 2006 (FJ7457X & FJ*5**) (Hurricane & Vespa PX200)

01 Mar 2006 - 04 Jul 2006 (FS9367L, FJ7457X & FJ*5**)(CBR 919 RRW, Hurricane &Vespa PX200)

04 Jul 2006 - 13 Jun 2011 (FV8507R & FJ*5**)(Suzuki K2 & Vespa PX200)

13 Jun 2011 - Till Now (X1)

15 Jan 2013 - 10 Sept 2015 (FBG9588B)(GTR1400 2013)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Originally posted by floppy@Aug 24 2006, 11:40 AM

streetpilot 2820 is good, but not for $1980!

it has a lot of features (eg. xm radio, TMC traffic alert) which unfortuanately, will not used be locally. features don't come cheap, you pay for it, but what's the use if you can't use it?! for cars, nuvi is a "cheaper" option. for bikes, anything goes actually! tt6389 is using etrex legend cx, i'm using gpsmap 60csx, both are not listed as gps for bikes but honestly, it's more than good enough. and they cost a lot less $ than streetpilot 2820 or zumo 550. only concern is about waterproofing it. mine is listed as water-resistant - can withstand accidental immersion in one meter of water for up to 30 minutes. but damn sure i'm not going to prove it.

 

tt6389:

consider getting a proper gps mount :cheeky:

the gps mounted on your mirror stem doesn't looks "appealing"

try RAM-mount system. versatile and secure.

unfortunately, need to order and get it shipped to sgp.

y i get such a expensive system is becos of the water resistant stuff....as we travel n bikes have more vibration than car, Gps system design for bikes is totally different from car....so i dun mind payin more...

 

 

for the mount, i think when i buy liao, i will go seng kwang and make the braket mount on my bike...cheaper n oso no nid postage fees

25 Nov 2003 - 24 Nov 2004 (FS6087P) (NSR SP)

24 Nov 2004 - 28 Feb 2006 (FJ7457X & FJ*5**) (Hurricane & Vespa PX200)

01 Mar 2006 - 04 Jul 2006 (FS9367L, FJ7457X & FJ*5**)(CBR 919 RRW, Hurricane &Vespa PX200)

04 Jul 2006 - 13 Jun 2011 (FV8507R & FJ*5**)(Suzuki K2 & Vespa PX200)

13 Jun 2011 - Till Now (X1)

15 Jan 2013 - 10 Sept 2015 (FBG9588B)(GTR1400 2013)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Originally posted by floppy@Aug 24 2006, 11:40 AM

streetpilot 2820 is good, but not for $1980!

it has a lot of features (eg. xm radio, TMC traffic alert) which unfortuanately, will not used be locally. features don't come cheap, you pay for it, but what's the use if you can't use it?! for cars, nuvi is a "cheaper" option. for bikes, anything goes actually! tt6389 is using etrex legend cx, i'm using gpsmap 60csx, both are not listed as gps for bikes but honestly, it's more than good enough. and they cost a lot less $ than streetpilot 2820 or zumo 550. only concern is about waterproofing it. mine is listed as water-resistant - can withstand accidental immersion in one meter of water for up to 30 minutes. but damn sure i'm not going to prove it.

 

tt6389:

consider getting a proper gps mount :cheeky:

the gps mounted on your mirror stem doesn't looks "appealing"

try RAM-mount system. versatile and secure.

unfortunately, need to order and get it shipped to sgp.

y i get such a expensive system is becos of the water resistant stuff....as we travel n bikes have more vibration than car, Gps system design for bikes is totally different from car....so i dun mind payin more...

 

 

for the mount, i think when i buy liao, i will go seng kwang and make the braket mount on my bike...cheaper n oso no nid postage fees

25 Nov 2003 - 24 Nov 2004 (FS6087P) (NSR SP)

24 Nov 2004 - 28 Feb 2006 (FJ7457X & FJ*5**) (Hurricane & Vespa PX200)

01 Mar 2006 - 04 Jul 2006 (FS9367L, FJ7457X & FJ*5**)(CBR 919 RRW, Hurricane &Vespa PX200)

04 Jul 2006 - 13 Jun 2011 (FV8507R & FJ*5**)(Suzuki K2 & Vespa PX200)

13 Jun 2011 - Till Now (X1)

15 Jan 2013 - 10 Sept 2015 (FBG9588B)(GTR1400 2013)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Originally posted by floppy@Aug 24 2006, 11:40 AM

streetpilot 2820 is good, but not for $1980!

it has a lot of features (eg. xm radio, TMC traffic alert) which unfortuanately, will not used be locally. features don't come cheap, you pay for it, but what's the use if you can't use it?! for cars, nuvi is a "cheaper" option. for bikes, anything goes actually! tt6389 is using etrex legend cx, i'm using gpsmap 60csx, both are not listed as gps for bikes but honestly, it's more than good enough. and they cost a lot less $ than streetpilot 2820 or zumo 550. only concern is about waterproofing it. mine is listed as water-resistant - can withstand accidental immersion in one meter of water for up to 30 minutes. but damn sure i'm not going to prove it.

 

tt6389:

consider getting a proper gps mount :cheeky:

the gps mounted on your mirror stem doesn't looks "appealing"

try RAM-mount system. versatile and secure.

unfortunately, need to order and get it shipped to sgp.

y i get such a expensive system is becos of the water resistant stuff....as we travel n bikes have more vibration than car, Gps system design for bikes is totally different from car....so i dun mind payin more...

 

 

for the mount, i think when i buy liao, i will go seng kwang and make the braket mount on my bike...cheaper n oso no nid postage fees

25 Nov 2003 - 24 Nov 2004 (FS6087P) (NSR SP)

24 Nov 2004 - 28 Feb 2006 (FJ7457X & FJ*5**) (Hurricane & Vespa PX200)

01 Mar 2006 - 04 Jul 2006 (FS9367L, FJ7457X & FJ*5**)(CBR 919 RRW, Hurricane &Vespa PX200)

04 Jul 2006 - 13 Jun 2011 (FV8507R & FJ*5**)(Suzuki K2 & Vespa PX200)

13 Jun 2011 - Till Now (X1)

15 Jan 2013 - 10 Sept 2015 (FBG9588B)(GTR1400 2013)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

i also feel like gettin a GPS walkie talkie

25 Nov 2003 - 24 Nov 2004 (FS6087P) (NSR SP)

24 Nov 2004 - 28 Feb 2006 (FJ7457X & FJ*5**) (Hurricane & Vespa PX200)

01 Mar 2006 - 04 Jul 2006 (FS9367L, FJ7457X & FJ*5**)(CBR 919 RRW, Hurricane &Vespa PX200)

04 Jul 2006 - 13 Jun 2011 (FV8507R & FJ*5**)(Suzuki K2 & Vespa PX200)

13 Jun 2011 - Till Now (X1)

15 Jan 2013 - 10 Sept 2015 (FBG9588B)(GTR1400 2013)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Originally posted by floppy@Aug 24 2006, 11:40 AM

streetpilot 2820 is good, but not for $1980!

it has a lot of features (eg. xm radio, TMC traffic alert) which unfortuanately, will not used be locally. features don't come cheap, you pay for it, but what's the use if you can't use it?! for cars, nuvi is a "cheaper" option. for bikes, anything goes actually! tt6389 is using etrex legend cx, i'm using gpsmap 60csx, both are not listed as gps for bikes but honestly, it's more than good enough. and they cost a lot less $ than streetpilot 2820 or zumo 550. only concern is about waterproofing it. mine is listed as water-resistant - can withstand accidental immersion in one meter of water for up to 30 minutes. but damn sure i'm not going to prove it.

 

tt6389:

consider getting a proper gps mount :cheeky:

the gps mounted on your mirror stem doesn't looks "appealing"

try RAM-mount system. versatile and secure.

unfortunately, need to order and get it shipped to sgp.

I had considered mounting on the handle bar before, but it means I must shift my head down to look at the screen while on the move at 60km/hr, say in a busy street in JB or KL. This could be very dangerous.

 

 

By mounting it close to the mirror, I can simply shift my eye slightly towards the right for a quick glance at the Auto-routing Messages (eg. Message = "Turn left ahead"). While doing this, I am more or less aware of the front traffic condition.

 

While on the move at high speed, no matter how big your >$1k GPS screen is, there is no way you can study the map and see where your positioning is. You simply have to depend on the Auto-Routing message to guide you. So why spend so much on the GPS? Those extra functions only can be used when you stop the bike.

 

My GPS mount proves to be stable & no vibration when I travel with the GPS mounted at 140 km/hr for hours. I also squeezed some liquid silicone on the mounting clamp before tightening , to ensure it doesn't slip off half way. It has also proven to withstand rain & shine up in the North.

 

I prefer my GPS small, coz I can slip it into my pocket and walk around the foreign town or place, after I parked my bike. I also used the pocket size GPS when I fly oversea for holidays. For example when I was walking & wandering around the city of Brussel, I would have lost my way if not for this legend CX handheld GPS.

 

..................................................

 

GPS with build-in Walkie talkie? I rather use a standalone affordable 100km/hr, I think normal coversation is possible only when riding

 

......................................................

John 15:7 (New International Version)

7 If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you.

-- it's true & it really works for me. :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Wow......Thanks for sharing so much information....:cheer:

 

I have been adopting my GPS in the tank bag for sometime thinking that this is the only way to launch the GPS....but now, I have so many other alternatives.....:thumb:

 

I believe mime is not as good as some of yours....but it works (for PDA GPS system).....I would really like to get my hands on Garmin for personal use ....because, most of the Garmin system I use are for work and GIS....therefore no chance to take it out for touring.....:sian:

DISCLAIMER

The comments made here are my own personal opinions and experiences.

It is entirely dependent on the readers' discrepancy and understanding of the information posted.

 

南无阿弥托佛

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Originally posted by Murphy@Aug 24 2006, 01:43 PM

y i get such a expensive system is becos of the water resistant stuff....as we travel n bikes have more vibration than car, Gps system design for bikes is totally different from car....so i dun mind payin more...

 

 

for the mount, i think when i buy liao, i will go seng kwang and make the braket mount on my bike...cheaper n oso no nid postage fees

RAM mount has a very good design for GPS, camera and whatever device brackets for bike mounts. and best thing is that, it is interchangeable among all the devices.

 

the ball mount enables u to rotate at any angle u wan to position your devices. i ordered mine thru GPScity.com at under $200 (camera, GPS mount & ciggy lighter socket. comes with arms and extentions and handlebar clamp, etc.) inclusive of shipping via vpost.

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c349/pauche/rossivspauche.jpg
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Originally posted by tt6389@Aug 24 2006, 11:30 PM

I had considered mounting on the handle bar before, but it means I must shift my head down to look at the screen while on the move at 60km/hr, say in a busy street in JB or KL. This could be very dangerous.

 

 

By mounting it close to the mirror, I can simply shift my eye slightly towards the right for a quick glance at the Auto-routing Messages (eg. Message = "Turn left ahead"). While doing this, I am more or less aware of the front traffic condition.

 

While on the move at high speed, no matter how big your >$1k GPS screen is, there is no way you can study the map and see where your positioning is. You simply have to depend on the Auto-Routing message to guide you. So why spend so much on the GPS? Those extra functions only can be used when you stop the bike.

 

My GPS mount proves to be stable & no vibration when I travel with the GPS mounted at 140 km/hr for hours. I also squeezed some liquid silicone on the mounting clamp before tightening , to ensure it doesn't slip off half way. It has also proven to withstand rain & shine up in the North.

 

I prefer my GPS small, coz I can slip it into my pocket and walk around the foreign town or place, after I parked my bike. I also used the pocket size GPS when I fly oversea for holidays. For example when I was walking & wandering around the city of Brussel, I would have lost my way if not for this legend CX handheld GPS.

 

..................................................

 

GPS with build-in Walkie talkie? I rather use a standalone affordable 100km/hr, I think normal coversation is possible only when riding

 

......................................................

hey dude.... i just got my stuffs installed on the Legend CX, and its fun!

 

manged to use the auto routing function from point A to point B. it tells u where to turn at how many meters ahead, tells u the speed on the move, the ETA at destination and the route to the destination, either via the shortest route (in km), or the fastest route (in timing).

 

also found out that it has the sun rise, sun set, moon rise, and moon set timing. Also fishing guide, where to find the nearest petrol kiosk, food, entertainment centre, etc..... maybe next time they will recommend which LSB is good! haha :D

 

very impressed and happy with the functions this basic model can provide.

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c349/pauche/rossivspauche.jpg
Link to comment
Share on other sites

for walkie...try at high speed...after 140. canot recieve anymoew..tat y am gettin a GPS walkie talkie....is much more better

25 Nov 2003 - 24 Nov 2004 (FS6087P) (NSR SP)

24 Nov 2004 - 28 Feb 2006 (FJ7457X & FJ*5**) (Hurricane & Vespa PX200)

01 Mar 2006 - 04 Jul 2006 (FS9367L, FJ7457X & FJ*5**)(CBR 919 RRW, Hurricane &Vespa PX200)

04 Jul 2006 - 13 Jun 2011 (FV8507R & FJ*5**)(Suzuki K2 & Vespa PX200)

13 Jun 2011 - Till Now (X1)

15 Jan 2013 - 10 Sept 2015 (FBG9588B)(GTR1400 2013)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hiz!

 

I got a Garmin GPS Pilot III.

Now whenever i switch on my GPS, it shows "Software Missing"

Can this problem be remedied in S'pore?

Thanks!

My Dream Car, see who wants to cut my lane and tail-gate me......

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee218/mika14cyanide14/MyDreamCar.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Originally posted by Murphy@Aug 25 2006, 02:07 PM

for walkie...try at high speed...after 140. canot recieve anymoew..tat y am gettin a GPS walkie talkie....is much more better

if you can talk on GPS walkie talkie at 140km/hr, then the walkie talkie must have a noise cancellation features. Or otherwise, the helmet must have very good sound proofing.

John 15:7 (New International Version)

7 If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you.

-- it's true & it really works for me. :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Originally posted by tt6389@Aug 26 2006, 02:40 AM

if you can talk on GPS walkie talkie at 140km/hr, then the walkie talkie must have a noise cancellation features. Or otherwise, the helmet must have very good sound proofing.

maybe we can try out the thing...gps walkie has the abilites to noe where ur fren position is....

25 Nov 2003 - 24 Nov 2004 (FS6087P) (NSR SP)

24 Nov 2004 - 28 Feb 2006 (FJ7457X & FJ*5**) (Hurricane & Vespa PX200)

01 Mar 2006 - 04 Jul 2006 (FS9367L, FJ7457X & FJ*5**)(CBR 919 RRW, Hurricane &Vespa PX200)

04 Jul 2006 - 13 Jun 2011 (FV8507R & FJ*5**)(Suzuki K2 & Vespa PX200)

13 Jun 2011 - Till Now (X1)

15 Jan 2013 - 10 Sept 2015 (FBG9588B)(GTR1400 2013)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Originally posted by mika14@Aug 25 2006, 10:44 PM

Hiz!

 

I got a Garmin GPS Pilot III.

Now whenever i switch on my GPS, it shows "Software Missing"

Can this problem be remedied in S'pore?

Thanks!

Your pilot III uses a lithium battery to support the internal memory. If this battery is flat, everything gets wipe off. You have to ascertain the battery is OK first or perhaps replace it first.

 

http://www.garmin.com/products/gpsIIIPilot/#

 

You might also want reloading the maps from your given CD first. Then see if OK. If not , then update the firmware (download from the Garmin site). Updating firmware is very dangerous - should be last resort.

 

For all the above, you need the $50 serial data cable which is very expensive. I suggest you bring your laptop & your GPS to the shop. Offer the shop owner to rent the cable for 15min for $5 or $10 .

 

From the website below , it looks like the Pilot III 's basemap is design for air navigation, not road navigations. Doesn't sound like you can load Malsing map inside-->

 

http://www.garmin.com/include/basemaps/int...nd_basemap.html

:smile:

John 15:7 (New International Version)

7 If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you.

-- it's true & it really works for me. :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Originally posted by Murphy@Aug 26 2006, 02:51 AM

maybe we can try out the thing...gps walkie has the abilites to noe where ur fren position is....

http://www.garmin.com/mobile/products.html#2-Way

Garmin's GPS walkie talkie dun have memory expansion slot - not suitable for touring.

 

:smile:

John 15:7 (New International Version)

7 If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you.

-- it's true & it really works for me. :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Originally posted by tt6389@Aug 26 2006, 03:21 AM

Your pilot III uses a lithium battery to support the internal memory. If this battery is flat, everything gets wipe off. You have to ascertain the battery is OK first or perhaps replace it first.

 

http://www.garmin.com/products/gpsIIIPilot/#

 

You might also want reloading the maps from your given CD first. Then see if OK. If not , then update the firmware (download from the Garmin site). Updating firmware is very dangerous - should be last resort.

 

For all the above, you need the $50 serial data cable which is very expensive. I suggest you bring your laptop & your GPS to the shop. Offer the shop owner to rent the cable for 15min for $5 or $10 .

 

From the website below , it looks like the Pilot III 's basemap is design for air navigation, not road navigations. Doesn't sound like you can load Malsing map inside-->

 

http://www.garmin.com/include/basemaps/int...nd_basemap.html

:smile:

hi

 

which shop should i go to?

thanks!

My Dream Car, see who wants to cut my lane and tail-gate me......

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee218/mika14cyanide14/MyDreamCar.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Originally posted by mika14@Aug 28 2006, 11:16 AM

hi

 

which shop should i go to?

thanks!

Can try asking a few shops including the shop named "Perfect Watch" at Sim Lim Square ground floor. Basement SLS also got one shop selling (cheapest). Can check previous threads, a few shops in Sim Lim Tower selling GPS may sell the cable. Not sure whether they'll rent you but no harm asking.

 

One way to approach them is to tell them you intend to reinstall your software for your Pilot III, so you can sell it off and buy a new latest one from their shop. I am sure they will be very accomodating when hearing this. Pretend to ask questions on their 60CSX and Legend CSX model.

 

But before entering shop, get ready everything in yr laptop - map software & firmware upgrades.

Make sure GPS got new lithium battery changed out also.

Familiarise with the software the night before.

 

:smile:

:goodluck:

John 15:7 (New International Version)

7 If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you.

-- it's true & it really works for me. :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Originally posted by tt6389@Aug 24 2006, 11:30 PM

I had considered mounting on the handle bar before, but it means I must shift my head down to look at the screen while on the move at 60km/hr, say in a busy street in JB or KL. This could be very dangerous.

 

By mounting it close to the mirror, I can simply shift my eye slightly towards the right for a quick glance at the Auto-routing Messages (eg. Message = "Turn left ahead"). While doing this, I am more or less aware of the front traffic condition.

agreed.

 

hence, that's the reason why i suggested r-a-m mount. versatile and secure. can place anywhere you like. don't have to mount it on the handlebar, u can set its position close to the mirror if u like.

http://www.ram-mount.com/index_files/gpsmount/ramb149zga5.jpg

War is Peace.

Freedom is Slavery.

Ignorance is Strength.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

For those newbies who just bought a GPS with the Mapsource Software, this is how you can prepare for a touring trip.

 

Let me give you a example how I prepare for my coming day trip to Pengerang this coming Saturday, 2 Sep 06.

 

First identify the targets points of interest along the way on your paper Map , see attached:-

 

1) Spore --> tebrau Highway-->Kota Tinggi --> Sebanah Cove Resort --> Pengerang-->Kampung Jawa -->Sungei Renggeit---> Tanjong Rumaniah beach --> Pulai Desaru resort --> Kota Tinggi --> Tebrau Highway --> Spore

 

2a) Estimate the GPS coordinates by looking at the Map's side column nos. Key this into the GPS & save as a Way Points. Upload the Waypoints from the GPS into your Computer Mapsource software.

 

2b) Alternative, you can open the Mapsource software, load the Malsing maps containing detail map of Johore, and find those place of interest. Marked them as Waypoints on the software map on your computer screen.

 

3) Using the Mapsource software, select "create a new route". Add all these new way points into the new route. Arrange the way points on the software such that the actual travel route will follow the same sequence.

 

4) Download the route & way points back into your GPS.

 

5) Call up the new route on your GPS device & start the Auto routing function. It will lead you there automatically.

 

You have to play with the Mapsource software for a while to understand what I am talking about above. Feel free to ask questions or you can join us for the trip for a real demo.

 

By the way, I have a couple of Garmin maps CD to swap - Europe cities, Australia & Worldmap. Any one interested in swapping?

 

 

:smile:

John 15:7 (New International Version)

7 If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you.

-- it's true & it really works for me. :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Originally posted by Pauche@Aug 29 2006, 06:18 PM

besides malsing.com, any other websites offer free download for garmin mapsource maps?

malsing maps are not really Garmin map source maps. They are just patches of countries, whereas the Garmin mapsource maps are mostly entire continent such as europe , australia etc. The garmin maps have more details of roads & tracks between cities & towns and even main roads within the cities. But within the cities, the Garmin maps ' details are less than what you can download from the net free.

 

The size of the files of each continent CDrom such as australia or europe to download into the GPS can be > 400 megabytes. Thats why its useful to hv a 1GB memory card for your GPS's memory slot. You can buy the Garmin Maps from website or from Sim Lim - its not cheap.

 

free maps to download are below. Please share yours if you found any other sites in future.

 

http://gpsmaps.jwpixs.com/

http://mapcenter.cgpsmapper.com/catalogue.php

http://mapcenter2.cgpsmapper.com/catalogue.php

http://thaimaps.meandi.com/

http://mapcenter.cgpsmapper.com/

 

:smile:

John 15:7 (New International Version)

7 If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you.

-- it's true & it really works for me. :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




  • DAIS_ShellBAU2024_Motorcycle_SingaporeBikesBanner_300x250.jpg

     
×
×
  • Create New...